Options

Forza Motorsport 3 [Game On]

• Options
    John MatrixJohn Matrix Registered User regular
    edited April 2010
    So it's A600 limited to the cars in your post?

I'll try to show up, how does joining the game work?

John Matrix on
  • Options
    iTunesIsEviliTunesIsEvil Cornfield? Cornfield.Registered User regular
    edited April 2010
    So it's A600 limited to the cars in your post?

I'll try to show up, how does joining the game work?
    Send Basticle a friend invite, be playing Forza at or a bit before 9PM Eastern (usually?), and then when race time rolls around he'll try to pop you an invite.

[ed] There's also a few more limits on the car than just A600. Front-engine, rear-wheel, "2+2 Grand Tourers." I'm not sure what the "2+2" requirement is though.

iTunesIsEvil on
  • Options
    acidlacedpenguinacidlacedpenguin Institutionalized Safe in jail.Registered User regular
    edited April 2010
    2+2 just means there's 2 seats in the back and not the usual 3.

acidlacedpenguin on
    GT: Acidboogie PSNid: AcidLacedPenguiN
  • Options
    PacifistPacifist Registered User regular
    edited April 2010
    Jamesways wrote: »
    New DLC- no Gumpert, eh? Bummer.

Still waiting for the fucking Forza 1 tracks Che's been promising for years to be added back in.
    Cripes.

Seriously, do they have any idea how quickly I would shell out funbux for a Rio/Blue Mountain/Old NYC Full pack?

Pacifist on
    XBL: Pacifist NJ
  • Options
    0Replace4Displace0Replace4Displace The best girls are ships and guns. Registered User regular
    edited April 2010
    2 doors, but with a "backseat". Kinda like Mustangs.

0Replace4Displace on
    u4OkoEI.png
  • Options
    SiliconStewSiliconStew Registered User regular
    edited April 2010
    Yeah, 2 passenger seats + 2 seats for double amputees/children under 3. There's either no legroom, no headroom or both. More of an upholstered parcel shelf really.

SiliconStew on
    Just remember that half the people you meet are below average intelligence.
  • Options
    BasticleBasticle Registered User regular
    edited April 2010
    I remember seeing this on Top Gear but there was a car that litterally has a fold down shelf in the back instead of a seat. I think it might have been the Lotus Evora ??

Basticle on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    xzzyxzzy Registered User regular
    edited April 2010
    I'm not sure how that would get past the regulators, as the entire reason that 2+2's exist is so they can avoid being classified as a luxury car.. which gives them a tax break.

Basically if you're not going to make it a "real" 2+2, there's no reason to bother faking it.

xzzy on
  • Options
    edited April 2010
    ok it definatley wasnt the Evora. its gonna drive me nuts now since I cant remember the car

Basticle on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    John MatrixJohn Matrix Registered User regular
    edited April 2010
    Hmmmm. Ferrari California?

John Matrix on
  • Options
    edited April 2010
    Here's the 2+2 Evora. The passenger's knees are already embedded an inch into the drivers spine. And that's before you add thickness for interior or, you know, seats. "But it's a 4 passenger car, we swear!"
    lotus_evora_cad_10.jpg

SiliconStew on
  • Options
    edited April 2010
    yeah but it has actual seats

image_cd_gallery.jpg

Basticle on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    edited April 2010
    "seats"

I can't remember what car they were talking about on topgear either.

SiliconStew on
  • Options
    DaedalusDaedalus Registered User regular
    edited April 2010
    So I just noticed, in the new pack, you can do an engine swap in the Volkswagen Golf R with the (monstrously torquey) twin-turbo V10 diesel engine from the Volkswagen Touareg SUV.

Now, not that I'm complaining, but how the holy hell would you fit that engine into that engine compartment in real life?

Daedalus on
  • Options
    Jealous DevaJealous Deva Registered User regular
    edited April 2010
    Daedalus wrote: »
    So I just noticed, in the new pack, you can do an engine swap in the Volkswagen Golf R with the (monstrously torquey) twin-turbo V10 diesel engine from the Volkswagen Touareg SUV.

Now, not that I'm complaining, but how the holy hell would you fit that engine into that engine compartment in real life?

You'd use the same magic that apparently allows them to fit all the extra differentials and driveshafts for an AWD system under a viper that already has little to no extra room in real life.

Jealous Deva on
  • Options
    edited April 2010
    Yeah, 2 passenger seats + 2 seats for double amputees/children under 3. There's either no legroom, no headroom or both. More of an upholstered parcel shelf really.

I was going to mention that it's a bit pedantic, but the M6 and Granturismo at least are actually not 2+2, being quite roomy in the back.

Jealous Deva on
  • Options
    DaedalusDaedalus Registered User regular
    edited April 2010

You'd use the same magic that apparently allows them to fit all the extra differentials and driveshafts for an AWD system under a viper that already has little to no extra room in real life.

By the way, the V10 turbodiesel Golf is hilarious to drive. All that torque combined with the AWD lets you do crazy things with corners. Not all that fast in a straight line, of course.

Daedalus on
  • Options
    edited April 2010

By the way, the V10 turbodiesel Golf is hilarious to drive. All that torque combined with the AWD lets you do crazy things with corners. Not all that fast in a straight line, of course.

Really it may not be all that far fetched, people have managed to fit a 7.0L LS7 into a Pontiac Solstice (granted that the design of the LS7 means that its really not as big or heavy an engine as the 7.0L would indicate, being about the same physical size and weight as a 5L OHC V8).

Jealous Deva on
  • Options
    0Replace4Displace0Replace4Displace The best girls are ships and guns. Registered User regular
    edited April 2010
    The Civette has the same concept of tiny car with a huge engine. Civic + Corvette engine + RWD conversion is awesome in reality and should be doable in this game.

0Replace4Displace on
    u4OkoEI.png
  • Options
    MetalbourneMetalbourne Inside a cluster b personalityRegistered User regular
    edited April 2010
    The Civette has the same concept of tiny car with a huge engine. Civic + Corvette engine + RWD conversion is awesome in reality and should be doable in this game.

You could use a chevette with a corvette engine and not even have to hack up the name.

Metalbourne on
  • Options
    edited April 2010
    just the drive train

Basticle on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    edited April 2010
    I guess I didnt specify but tonights race is at 9PM EST like normal.

Basticle on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    FrendyFrendy Registered User regular
    edited April 2010
    I won't be able to make it. Playoff hockey is on.

Frendy on

Frendy.gif
  • Options
    edited April 2010
    so uh theres only 3 of us online right now....not sure whats goin on :/

Basticle on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    edited April 2010
    Get on and playyyy

0Replace4Displace on
    u4OkoEI.png
  • Options
    HuchelHuchel Registered User regular
    edited April 2010
    Sorry, I meant to make it and tuned up a Maserati, but a crisis came up.

Huchel on
  • Options
    edited April 2010
    Good races, guys. Those F40s were hysterical, and the Kaido races were also amazing.

0Replace4Displace on
    u4OkoEI.png
  • Options
    edited April 2010
    I'm pretty sure I hit the wall on every single corner of Kaido in that 73 TA. Impressive considering it has all the acceleration of an asthmatic turtle. And you would think for $15million dollars you could get a car that handled better than a bowl of pudding and had a 1st gear ratio above 0.5.

SiliconStew on
  • Options
    edited April 2010
    15 million? uh im pretty sure its 15 thousand

Basticle on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    edited April 2010
    Basticle wrote: »
    15 million? uh im pretty sure its 15 thousand

He meant the Shelby Daytona, which is 10,000,000cr.

0Replace4Displace on
    u4OkoEI.png
  • Options
    jackaljackal Fuck Yes. That is an orderly anal warehouse. Registered User regular
    edited April 2010
    I just bought this, so I'm a little late to the party. I put a RX-7 engine in an MX-5 and then spent a half hour trying to roll it. I succeeded once.

jackal on
  • Options
    edited April 2010
    Set your springs as strong as they'll go, set your rebound damping to 0, and go hit some inside curbs on maple valley full. You'll be rolling in no time.

SiliconStew on
  • Options
    The Black HunterThe Black Hunter The key is a minimum of compromise, and a simple, unimpeachable reason to existRegistered User regular
    edited April 2010
    Did someone speak poorly of the shelby daytona

am I gonna have to stab a bitch

I will

I will stab you

The Black Hunter on
  • Options
    edited April 2010
    Did someone speak poorly of the shelby daytona

am I gonna have to stab a bitch

I will

I will stab you

Have you tried it stock on Kaido!? We didn't even get halfway down the mountain before we had to quit from the pain. And laughter.
    I'll still buy one. Just another $9000000 to go.

SiliconStew on
  • Options
    edited April 2010
    well If I hadnt hit the concrete structure at the enterence to the tunnel...

Basticle on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    VeeveeVeevee WisconsinRegistered User regular
    edited April 2010
    Basticle wrote: »
    ok it definatley wasnt the Evora. its gonna drive me nuts now since I cant remember the car

The car was the Audi R8. I believe it was the same taping they compared the R8 to the corvette, and said you'd have to be completely bonkers to buy it over the R8 and that is exactly why you should buy the 'vette over the R8

Veevee on
  • Options
    edited April 2010
    I don't think so. That segment mentions the R8 has a shelf in the back, not that it has a back seat so small that may as well be a shelf.

SiliconStew on
  • Options
    VeeveeVeevee WisconsinRegistered User regular
    edited April 2010
    well, yeah. Basticle was talking about a car that had a fold down shelf instead of a back seat

Veevee on
  • Options
    VedicIntentVedicIntent Registered User regular
    edited April 2010
    Thursday race this week? I finally have a chance to make it this time, but I'm not seeing anything on Arcadians...

I just got re-addicted after Just Cause 2 stole my brain for a week, and I hate pubbies with their leaderboard-mandated 2-3 car choices per class. I want me some PA racin'!

VedicIntent on
    VT09mOz.png
  • Options
    xzzyxzzy Registered User regular
    edited April 2010
    I'll try to get something set up.

xzzy on