As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

[Chat]ulator

1202122232426»

• thisisntwallythisisntwally Registered User regular
    edited October 2009
    Organichu wrote: »
    I'm 21 about to be 22, so that's cool.

I just want to get a hotel room for one night in the city but I don't want to run into any "oopsies, you didn't know this, you uncultured man!" moments that ruin it.

If the other occupant of the room is under 21 will that be a problem? Or can I just request a room without access to alcohol?

they shouldn't even ask about that.

thisisntwally on
    #someshit
  • redxredx I(x)=2(x)+1 whole numbersRegistered User regular
    edited October 2009

I just want to get a hotel room for one night in the city but I don't want to run into any "oopsies, you didn't know this, you uncultured man!" moments that ruin it.

If the other occupant of the room is under 21 will that be a problem? Or can I just request a room without access to alcohol?

If the other occupant is under 21, I don't know of any reason the hotel staff would need or want to be made aware of that fact.

redx on
    They moistly come out at night, moistly.
  • TL DRTL DR Not at all confident in his reflexive opinions of thingsRegistered User regular
    edited October 2009

I've never stayed in a hotel outside of a vacation spot that had a mini-bar with booze in it.

TL DR on
  • skippydumptruckskippydumptruck begin again Registered User regular
    edited October 2009

don't even mention it

hotel rooms usually charge extra for more occupants

skippydumptruck on
  • FeralFeral MEMETICHARIZARD interior crocodile alligator ⇔ ǝɹʇɐǝɥʇ ǝᴉʌoɯ ʇǝloɹʌǝɥɔ ɐ ǝʌᴉɹp ᴉRegistered User regular
    edited October 2009

Don't even worry about it. They don't care who's staying with you.

How fancy of a hotel is it?

Feral on
    every person who doesn't like an acquired taste always seems to think everyone who likes it is faking it. it should be an official fallacy.

the "no true scotch man" fallacy.
  • radroadkillradroadkill MDRegistered User regular
    edited October 2009
    hello rad!

HI, SKIPPY! It looks like we're going to b here for almost another month...

radroadkill on
  • InquisitorInquisitor Registered User regular
    edited October 2009
    Dude, hotels aren't nearly as vigilant as you fear Organ.

All the time I'd book a hotel for like, 2 people and then have 6 people in it.

Inquisitor on
  • ArchArch Neat-o, mosquito! Registered User regular
    edited October 2009
    rad am I to mean in the veg thread? i think I am somewhere between mrmister and you but i could be wrong

Arch on
  • ThanatosThanatos Registered User regular
    edited October 2009
    Passerbye wrote: »
    Than if I posted many multiples of photos all the time, or even half of the time, I would see your complaints as warranted. Given that I post photos occasionally, and rarely for more than a single page or two (and if I'm doing photo trees I always spoiler, 'cause otherwise that's just rude) in any given posting session, I maintain that you're just complaining because you don't like lolcats.
    And every so often, the G&T chat thread would have a page or two of image spam, and in spite of multiple warnings and infractions, the denizens there didn't see any problem with it.

Again, not saying that the D&D chat thread is in any danger of being taken away, just pointing out that I'd rather not see it go in a direction that is going to cause problems in the future.

And the fact is that I don't like any kind of image spam, not just lolcats.

Thanatos on
  • TL DRTL DR Not at all confident in his reflexive opinions of thingsRegistered User regular
    edited October 2009
    Yeah see I was going to say "don't mention it", but I never know when my shirking authority will overlap with general consensus or what some of our more sheltered posters find offensive.

TL DR on
  • skippydumptruckskippydumptruck begin again Registered User regular
    edited October 2009
    hello rad!

HI, SKIPPY! It looks like we're going to b here for almost another month...

where is here? the interim apartment while yours gets fixed, or here in CA?

skippydumptruck on
  • OrganichuOrganichu poops peesRegistered User, Moderator mod
    edited October 2009
    Thanks guys.

I don't know how fancy a hotel it is because I haven't decided on one yet. I don't really care about amenities, I just want it to be clean.

Organichu on
  • thisisntwallythisisntwally Registered User regular
    edited October 2009
    Inquisitor wrote: »
    Dude, hotels aren't nearly as vigilant as you fear Organ.

All the time I'd book a hotel for like, 2 people and then have 6 people in it.

just be sure to leave the bodies in the bathtub as a courtesy to housecleaning

thisisntwally on
    #someshit
  • AbdhyiusAbdhyius Registered User regular
    edited October 2009
    The only time age becomes a problem with hotels is if everyone is under 18 I think

Abdhyius on
    ftOqU21.png
  • ArchArch Neat-o, mosquito! Registered User regular
    edited October 2009
    Thanatos wrote: »
    Passerbye wrote: »
    Than if I posted many multiples of photos all the time, or even half of the time, I would see your complaints as warranted. Given that I post photos occasionally, and rarely for more than a single page or two (and if I'm doing photo trees I always spoiler, 'cause otherwise that's just rude) in any given posting session, I maintain that you're just complaining because you don't like lolcats.
    Nice chat you got there....pity if something were to...happen... to it...

Arch on
  • radroadkillradroadkill MDRegistered User regular
    edited October 2009
    Arch wrote: »
    rad am I to mean in the veg thread? i think I am somewhere between mrmister and you but i could be wrong

You are not mean in the veg thread.

radroadkill on
  • ElkiElki get busy Moderator, ClubPA mod
    edited October 2009
    Just wait.

215545040_2mRQE-L-2.jpg

Elki on
    smCQ5WE.jpg
  • ElkiElki get busy Moderator, ClubPA mod
    edited October 2009
    Irond Will wrote: »
    Not this again.

Well, he's not the one who ends up reading PMs.

Elki on
    smCQ5WE.jpg
This discussion has been closed.