Options

[BORDERLANDS] You don't need three balls to enjoy it, but it helps.

• Options
    SyphonBlueSyphonBlue The studying beaver That beaver sure loves studying!Registered User regular
    edited October 2009
    Aumni wrote: »
    Any word on the patch they need for the PC version?

http://gbxforums.gearboxsoftware.com/showthread.php?t=77748

SyphonBlue on
    LxX6eco.jpg
    PSN/Steam/NNID: SyphonBlue | BNet: SyphonBlue#1126
  • Options
    HaikiraHaikira UKRegistered User regular
    edited October 2009
    Preacher wrote: »
    Haikira wrote: »
    Just wondering. Can you mix split screen over lan, on the PS3 version? Would be so happy if it's possible.

I don't believe so, at least on the box version splitscreen, and local play are two entirely seperate options.

This makes me sad.

Cheers.

Haikira on
    steam_sig.png
    PSN:Hakira__
  • Options
    PookiepooPookiepoo Registered User regular
    edited October 2009
    SyphonBlue wrote: »

Can someone paste the text from the gearbox person if they have a statement? Their forums are blocked for me at work. (somehow PA is ok though :D )

Pookiepoo on
    Steam: Pookie GG Now Playing: BattleTech, Divinity Original Sin 2, MechWarrior 5
  • Options
    Alex WilderAlex Wilder Registered User regular
    edited October 2009

Steam updated the game last night but it didn't have any patch notes. Hopefully patches will come frequently. I played online for the first time yesterday with multiple different people and had no problems.

Alex Wilder on
    Time is a flat circle
  • Options
    Joe ChemoJoe Chemo Registered User regular
    edited October 2009
    I'll probably respec soon and check out some other abilities. Speaking of, is the assassin final tier completely glitched, or just 5/5? I've heard conflicting reports.

Joe Chemo on
  • Options
    SyphonBlueSyphonBlue The studying beaver That beaver sure loves studying!Registered User regular
    edited October 2009
    Pookiepoo wrote: »

Can someone paste the text from the gearbox person if they have a statement? Their forums are blocked for me at work. (somehow PA is ok though :D )

It was just a listing of known problems and general statements of "Yeah we're working on it".

SyphonBlue on
    LxX6eco.jpg
  • Options
    DecoyDecoy Registered User regular
    edited October 2009

It was a page of "This issue is being investigated".....aka dont hold your breath.

Edit: Beat by SyphonBlue.

Decoy on
  • Options
    IoloIolo iolo Registered User regular
    edited October 2009

Thank you all for using this forum to report any technical issues you’ve experienced while playing Borderlands! We’ve been working hard since release to investigate the reported issues, and would like to use this post to keep you all updated on the status of commonly reported issues. Some of these issues can be solved with workarounds, and others have been identified but will need additional time before they can be addressed.

If you are experiencing any issue that is not listed here, please do make a thread in this forum about it and provide as much information as you can so we can begin investigating it!

Solved Issues – these issues should no longer occur

Issue: PSN friends list not functioning properly
    Verified Solution: As of 10/20/09, an update with a hot fix for this issue has been applied already on the back-end, user doesn’t have to do anything for this to function properly now – just play the game!
    Update: We have received some information that this is not working for all players and is still affecting a small subset. We are attempting to find the source of the continuing problem for these users

Issue: PSN server browser takes a long time to populate server list
    Verified Solution: As of 10/22/09, an update with a hot fix for this issue has been applied already on the back-end, user doesn’t have to do anything for this to function properly now – just play the game!

Known Workarounds – we have identified some workarounds that might help you with a few issues. NOTE: These are immediate, short term workarounds. These are not final solutions, but are procedures you can use if you experience a problem instead of waiting for an update.

Issue: PC players experiencing difficulty connecting to multiplayer games
    Workaround: You need to do a few things if you are experiencing this problem:

* The host must have these four ports forwarded:
    7777 (TCP/UDP)
    28900 (TCP)
    27900 (UDP)
    28910 (TCP).
    You can find out how to do this at http://www.portforward.com/.
    * All players need to allow the game in the Windows Firewall, whether you have forwarded ports or not. You can learn more about how to do this here: http://www.microsoft.com/windowsxp/u...nfirewall.mspx.

If this does not work for you and you have followed all the instructions, jump to this post: http://gbxforums.gearboxsoftware.com...86&postcount=3

Issue: trouble installing the game on the PC
    Workaround: http://gbxforums.gearboxsoftware.com...8&postcount=25 Note: this workaround requires registry editing, please do not do this if you aren't comfortable editing your registry.

Issue: Some achievements and trophies fail to unlock
    Status: A solution has been found for this issue, but is not available yet
    Verified Workaround: Complete the achievement or trophy objectives with a new character (verified work-around played off-line).

Issue: Claptrap gets stuck during the introduction (~ within first 10 minutes of game) and will not progress
    Status: Issue has been identified and will be resolved shortly
    Verified Workaround: Save and exit your game, then restart a new game with your character. When approaching Fyrestone camp, walk into the camp before killing the last Bandit.

Issue: User is signed out of PSN when starting a single player game, or periodically throughout play
    Verified Workaround: Sign back into PSN after the disconnect

Issue: Digital audio skips or stutters
    Verified Workaround: Do not use digital audio output. This is not a permanent solution, but should clear up audio issues in the interim.

Issue: The "Find Steele" mission is not completable if the cutscene is interrupted
    Workaround: Do not shut down the console or quit the game during the cutscene

Issues Under Investigation – we are investigating the cause of and solutions to the following known issues. If you have experienced one of these issues, please create a thread with detailed information to help our developers and QA team identify and correct the issue.

Both Consoles

Issue: (360, PS3) Save file is corrupted
    Frequency: Very Low

360 only

Issue: (360) Aim-assist does not toggle on and off properly

PS3 only

Issue: (PS3) The console freezes during play
    Frequency: Low

Issue: (PS3) Error codes displayed when attempting to sign into multiplayer

Issue: (PS3) Frame rate drops in a game with 3+ players
    Frequency: Moderate

PC

Issue: PC users experience a "General protection fault" error

Issue: PC version locks up in server browser
    Status: The cause of this issue has been identified and a solution is being investigated

All Platforms

Issue: Lilith's Phase Strike not functioning as intended
    Frequency: n/a, all users

Issue: Skill points or items disappear, or skill points are gained, usually after a multiplayer game

Issue: Weapon proficiency progress is lost upon leaving a multiplayer game

If you are experiencing an issue that is not listed here, please contact our support team through the web-form found on the contact page of our website or you may make a thread about it and provide us with as much information as possible! I will update this list as often as I can with new issues that are being investigated. Thank you for your patience and for helping us solve these issues by reporting them!

Iolo on
    Lt. Iolo's First Day
    Steam profile.
    Getting started with BATTLETECH: Part 1 / Part 2
  • Options
    ConstrictorConstrictor The Dork Knight SuburbialandRegistered User regular
    edited October 2009
    So....one day before it was scheduled to arrive, Amazon got around to telling me that my copy of Borderlands is delayed for another 3-4 weeks. WTF? Did they not print enough copies to give to Amazon? I pre-ordered it 3 weeks in advance, not like they had no warning of the amount of pre-orders required.

Seriously, why do they not supply Amazon with enough copies to go around? I didn't hear any tales that GameStop didn't get enough orders to fulfill their pre-order obligations.

Really pissed at the publisher right now. Are they just trying to force more people down the digital download road where there's no used market?

This is retarded....now I'm wondering if my Dragon Age Origins pre-order will be fulfilled.

Constrictor on
  • Options
    PookiepooPookiepoo Registered User regular
    edited October 2009
    Thanks for the Gearbox info guys. Glad they are looking into the issues.

This game is too fun to leave tarnished by stuff like that.

Pookiepoo on
    Steam: Pookie GG Now Playing: BattleTech, Divinity Original Sin 2, MechWarrior 5
  • Options
    PreacherPreacher Registered User regular
    edited October 2009
    Joe Chemo wrote: »
    I'll probably respec soon and check out some other abilities. Speaking of, is the assassin final tier completely glitched, or just 5/5? I've heard conflicting reports.

From what I saw when I put points into it, all bugged. The rest of the siren talents work just not that one.

Preacher on
    I would like some money because these are artisanal nuggets of wisdom philistine.

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Options
    PreacherPreacher Registered User regular
    edited October 2009
    So....one day before it was scheduled to arrive, Amazon got around to telling me that my copy of Borderlands is delayed for another 3-4 weeks. WTF? Did they not print enough copies to give to Amazon? I pre-ordered it 3 weeks in advance, not like they had no warning of the amount of pre-orders required.

Seriously, why do they not supply Amazon with enough copies to go around? I didn't hear any tales that GameStop didn't get enough orders to fulfill their pre-order obligations.

Really pissed at the publisher right now. Are they just trying to force more people down the digital download road where there's no used market?

This is retarded....now I'm wondering if my Dragon Age Origins pre-order will be fulfilled.

From my experience with gogamer I'm not preordering from an online retailer ever again.

Preacher on
    I would like some money because these are artisanal nuggets of wisdom philistine.

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Options
    aBlankaBlank Registered User regular
    edited October 2009
    Preacher wrote: »
    Joe Chemo wrote: »

From what I saw when I put points into it, all bugged. The rest of the siren talents work just not that one.

I thought silent resolve was broken too? Have you tried it out?

aBlank on
  • Options
    wusoldjrwusoldjr Registered User regular
    edited October 2009
    Iolo wrote: »

Thank you all for using this forum to report any technical issues you’ve experienced while playing Borderlands! We’ve been working hard since release to investigate the reported issues, and would like to use this post to keep you all updated on the status of commonly reported issues. Some of these issues can be solved with workarounds, and others have been identified but will need additional time before they can be addressed.

If you are experiencing any issue that is not listed here, please do make a thread in this forum about it and provide as much information as you can so we can begin investigating it!

Solved Issues – these issues should no longer occur

Issue: PSN friends list not functioning properly
    Verified Solution: As of 10/20/09, an update with a hot fix for this issue has been applied already on the back-end, user doesn’t have to do anything for this to function properly now – just play the game!
    Update: We have received some information that this is not working for all players and is still affecting a small subset. We are attempting to find the source of the continuing problem for these users

Issue: PSN server browser takes a long time to populate server list
    Verified Solution: As of 10/22/09, an update with a hot fix for this issue has been applied already on the back-end, user doesn’t have to do anything for this to function properly now – just play the game!

Known Workarounds – we have identified some workarounds that might help you with a few issues. NOTE: These are immediate, short term workarounds. These are not final solutions, but are procedures you can use if you experience a problem instead of waiting for an update.

Issue: PC players experiencing difficulty connecting to multiplayer games
    Workaround: You need to do a few things if you are experiencing this problem:

* The host must have these four ports forwarded:
    7777 (TCP/UDP)
    28900 (TCP)
    27900 (UDP)
    28910 (TCP).
    You can find out how to do this at http://www.portforward.com/.
    * All players need to allow the game in the Windows Firewall, whether you have forwarded ports or not. You can learn more about how to do this here: http://www.microsoft.com/windowsxp/u...nfirewall.mspx.

If this does not work for you and you have followed all the instructions, jump to this post: http://gbxforums.gearboxsoftware.com...86&postcount=3

Issue: trouble installing the game on the PC
    Workaround: http://gbxforums.gearboxsoftware.com...8&postcount=25 Note: this workaround requires registry editing, please do not do this if you aren't comfortable editing your registry.

Issue: Some achievements and trophies fail to unlock
    Status: A solution has been found for this issue, but is not available yet
    Verified Workaround: Complete the achievement or trophy objectives with a new character (verified work-around played off-line).

Issue: Claptrap gets stuck during the introduction (~ within first 10 minutes of game) and will not progress
    Status: Issue has been identified and will be resolved shortly
    Verified Workaround: Save and exit your game, then restart a new game with your character. When approaching Fyrestone camp, walk into the camp before killing the last Bandit.

Issue: User is signed out of PSN when starting a single player game, or periodically throughout play
    Verified Workaround: Sign back into PSN after the disconnect

Issue: Digital audio skips or stutters
    Verified Workaround: Do not use digital audio output. This is not a permanent solution, but should clear up audio issues in the interim.

Issue: The "Find Steele" mission is not completable if the cutscene is interrupted
    Workaround: Do not shut down the console or quit the game during the cutscene

Issues Under Investigation – we are investigating the cause of and solutions to the following known issues. If you have experienced one of these issues, please create a thread with detailed information to help our developers and QA team identify and correct the issue.

Both Consoles

Issue: (360, PS3) Save file is corrupted

360 only

Issue: (360) Aim-assist does not toggle on and off properly

PS3 only

Issue: (PS3) The console freezes during play

Issue: (PS3) Error codes displayed when attempting to sign into multiplayer

Issue: (PS3) Frame rate drops in a game with 3+ players

PC

Issue: PC users experience a "General protection fault" error

Issue: PC version locks up in server browser
    Status: The cause of this issue has been identified and a solution is being investigated

All Platforms

Issue: Lilith's Phase Strike not functioning as intended
    Frequency: n/a, all users

Issue: Skill points or items disappear, or skill points are gained, usually after a multiplayer game

Issue: Weapon proficiency progress is lost upon leaving a multiplayer game

If you are experiencing an issue that is not listed here, please contact our support team through the web-form found on the contact page of our website or you may make a thread about it and provide us with as much information as possible! I will update this list as often as I can with new issues that are being investigated. Thank you for your patience and for helping us solve these issues by reporting them!

Good news. Really looking forward to getting back to my main.

wusoldjr on
  • Options
    HalfmexHalfmex I mock your value system You also appear foolish in the eyes of othersRegistered User regular
    edited October 2009

According to the Gamestop I got my copy from, their corporate office didn't anticipate the demand for this title and so their stores didn't order too many copies. Of course I've heard them say that about a lot of titles, so take that with a grain of salt.

The publisher themselves, though, also apparently didn't anticipate demand as they didn't ship nearly as many copies as they needed to. I read somewhere that they have already ramped up production to meet demand and the new shipments should be going out this week. I imagine your copy should be coming from Amazon in the next week or two, but if you don't want to wait that long, I'd shop around locally (check your Wal-Marts, Targets, K-Marts, Best Buys, EBStops, etc) and cancel your online preorder if you get a copy.

I've never cared for online preordering for exactly that reason. It's too easy for them to say "whoops, your copy is on backorder, you're fucked".

Halfmex on
  • Options
    MagicPrimeMagicPrime FiresideWizard Registered User regular
    edited October 2009
    So i've played the past couple nights solo for a little bit. Won't really have time to "focus" a big playing session until the weekend.

Playing on the PC, my Gamespy ID is "MagicPrime"
    I'm playing a Roland, and loving it. Going Infantry/Medic.

Last night I found a Blue-item Shotgun, it rapes face. I am level 14 and this shotgun is doing 400+ critical damage with point-blank headshots on humanoids. The only downside is it only holds 2 rounds, but I can put some points in "Overloaded" and increase the magazine to at least 3 or 4 rounds.

Also I found blue MIRV/Incendiary grenade add-on. Its like fucking napalm air strike. I throw the first nade and there is a splash of fire then a few seconds later the 4 secondary nades go off and people die in a tidal wave of burning hate.

I chucked two down a narrow hallway last night as I was storming the big underground base looking for the mining keys, I almost felt sorry for the survivors before I removed their face with my shotgun.

I also made the roid-rage giant dude my bitch with that shotgun.

MagicPrime on
    BNet • magicprime#1430 | PSN/Steam • MagicPrime | Origin • FireSideWizard
    Critical Failures - Havenhold CampaignAugust St. Cloud (Human Ranger)
  • Options
    wavecutterwavecutter Registered User regular
    edited October 2009
    Did you know that when you first get off the bus there is a weapon crate to be found before you enter Fyrestone?

wavecutter on
  • Options
    IoloIolo iolo Registered User regular
    edited October 2009
    wavecutter wrote: »
    Did you know that when you first get off the bus there is a weapon crate to be found before you enter Fyrestone?

Indeed.
    This game has made me a compulsive roof checker.

Iolo on
    Lt. Iolo's First Day
    Steam profile.
    Getting started with BATTLETECH: Part 1 / Part 2
  • Options
    InitialDKInitialDK Registered User regular
    edited October 2009
    Iolo wrote: »
    wavecutter wrote: »

Indeed.
    This game has made me a compulsive roof checker.

Yeah, the first thing I did was search that entire area before even going to the New-U station. I ran back there one time to see if the loot scaled but it doesn't, or at least that one time it didn't

InitialDK on
    "I'd happily trade your life for knowledge of my powers."
    -Louis C.K.
  • Options
    ArikadoArikado Southern CaliforniaRegistered User regular
    edited October 2009
    Roofs are usually where that last missing piece of that shotgun/sniper rifle/combat rifle/revolver/pistol/rocket launcher for the fetch quest is found.

Arikado on
    BNet: Arikado#1153 | Steam | LoL: Anzen
  • Options
    GuibsGuibs Weekend Warrior Somewhere up North.Registered User regular
    edited October 2009
    I have a question about class mods. I think the game does an horrible job at showing benefits of those class mods as there doesn't seem to have any visual cue of the benefits.

here is my question:

let say you have a class mod that adds bonus to some of your skills. Do you require to have at least one point in that skill to get the bonus? What happen if that skill is already at 5/5, are you let say getting 7/5 on that skill if the mods adds 2 to that skill?

I just wish there was some kind of visual information in the skill menu to tell you of the item bonus are being applied or not.

Guibs on
    jswidget.php?username=Guibs&numitems=10&header=1&text=none&images=small&show=recentplays&imagesonly=1&imagepos=center&inline=1&domains%5B%5D=boardgame&imagewidget=1
    PSN: Guibs25 | XboxLive: Guibs | Steam: Guibsx | Twitch: Guibsx
  • Options
    CorporateLogoCorporateLogo The toilet knows how I feelRegistered User regular
    edited October 2009
    Any of you duders find an eridian weapon yet? I found one when I was level 10 and had to wait until I was level 19 to use it.

CorporateLogo on
    Do not have a cow, mortal.

c9PXgFo.jpg
  • Options
    AegeriAegeri Tiny wee bacteriums Plateau of LengRegistered User regular
    edited October 2009
    Also on weapon text descriptors for the OP:
    Pew Pew Pew makes the bullets home in on the nearest enemy. Interestingly, it doesn't care if you can see them or not and if the nearest enemy is through a wall the projectiles will try to hit him through it. It does mean you can shoot over cover easily as the bullets will go up for a bit and then home in on whatever target. This is quite a useful/sometimes useless feature

Aegeri on
    The Roleplayer's Guild: My blog for roleplaying games, advice and adventuring.
  • Options
    corin7corin7 San Diego, CARegistered User regular
    edited October 2009
    Halfmex wrote: »

According to the Gamestop I got my copy from, their corporate office didn't anticipate the demand for this title and so their stores didn't order too many copies. Of course I've heard them say that about a lot of titles, so take that with a grain of salt.

The publisher themselves, though, also apparently didn't anticipate demand as they didn't ship nearly as many copies as they needed to. I read somewhere that they have already ramped up production to meet demand and the new shipments should be going out this week. I imagine your copy should be coming from Amazon in the next week or two, but if you don't want to wait that long, I'd shop around locally (check your Wal-Marts, Targets, K-Marts, Best Buys, EBStops, etc) and cancel your online preorder if you get a copy.

I've never cared for online preordering for exactly that reason. It's too easy for them to say "whoops, your copy is on backorder, you're fucked".

Or as pachter likes to call it "sent out to die", he has his finger on the pulse.

corin7 on
  • Options
    PeregrineFalconPeregrineFalcon Registered User regular
    edited October 2009
    There was a crate in the starting area?

This is why I need to play with people who haven't gone through the game before. I want to play this like a co-op single player experience, not like running WoW instances, if that makes any sense.

"Okay we did this now go this way while I turn in the quest okay now go here do this more DPS more dots heal plz buff the tank"

I want to enjoy the flavour text, bumble around Pandora a bit while following the quest marker, stumble into areas way too high for us and go OH SHIT FUCK while running from Assrape Skags or something else.

Anyone up for some bordering of lands with a Lvl 13 Hunter tonight (PC)? I think the last quest I did was
    Finding the first batch of five journal recordings that ends with the fat chick getting crushed and the researcher saying how the Skags would have a lovely feast of her

PeregrineFalcon on
    Looking for a DX:HR OnLive code for my kid brother.
    Can trade TF2 items or whatever else you're interested in. PM me.
  • Options
    edited October 2009
    corin7 wrote: »
    Halfmex wrote: »

Or as pachter likes to call it "sent out to die", he has his finger on the pulse.

Much like Dick Cheney, I don't understand why people keep listening to what he has to say.

SyphonBlue on
    LxX6eco.jpg
  • Options
    InitialDKInitialDK Registered User regular
    edited October 2009
    There was a crate in the starting area?

This is why I need to play with people who haven't gone through the game before. I want to play this like a co-op single player experience, not like running WoW instances, if that makes any sense.

"Okay we did this now go this way while I turn in the quest okay now go here do this more DPS more dots heal plz buff the tank"

I want to enjoy the flavour text, bumble around Pandora a bit while following the quest marker, stumble into areas way too high for us and go OH SHIT FUCK while running from Assrape Skags or something else.

Anyone up for some bordering of lands with a Lvl 13 Hunter tonight (PC)? I think the last quest I did was
    Finding the first batch of five journal recordings that ends with the fat chick getting crushed and the researcher saying how the Skags would have a lovely feast of her
    My favorite part is how she pretended that her vomiting was the last conversation she was going to have for a while

I know what you mean and I'm having fun enough just slogging through it in multiplayer. I later plan to have a character power leveled and then go through the main story at my own pace owning everything.

InitialDK on
    "I'd happily trade your life for knowledge of my powers."
    -Louis C.K.
  • Options
    edited October 2009

ALSO NOTE

I am totally down with starting out with some brand new guys and going through the questing up to that point. I just want to border some lands since I didn't get to at all last night. :(

PeregrineFalcon on
  • Options
    MikeManMikeMan Registered User regular
    edited October 2009
    Guibs wrote: »
    I have a question about class mods. I think the game does an horrible job at showing benefits of those class mods as there doesn't seem to have any visual cue of the benefits.

here is my question:

let say you have a class mod that adds bonus to some of your skills. Do you require to have at least one point in that skill to get the bonus? What happen if that skill is already at 5/5, are you let say getting 7/5 on that skill if the mods adds 2 to that skill?

I just wish there was some kind of visual information in the skill menu to tell you of the item bonus are being applied or not.
    this really should be put in the op as it's been asked about 700 times

you need at least one point in the skill in order for the class bonus to take effect. there are conflicting reports on the bonuses going over 5/5. it seems that for many skills it does (like for instance carrion call for hunters and others). some people are reporting that some of lillith's skills, especially her shield regen skills, do not bump above 5/5 even with class mods. this might be because lillith's skill tree is buggy at this point (for example, her final assassin skill doesn't work at all)

MikeMan on
  • Options
    DarkewolfeDarkewolfe Registered User regular
    edited October 2009
    wusoldjr wrote: »
    InitialDK wrote: »
    It's funny, I've played through the Arid Badlands three times already helping friends to catch up and haven't even entered the Dahl Highlands on my own game. Sledge goes down faster and faster each time :)

I actually feel bad for the humanoid bosses in multiplayer games because everyone just unloads on them and they last like 12 seconds.

Same here, after trying to find games where I was eligible for quests and having to start over, I've killed Nine Toes and Sledge so many times. I haven't seen anything past killing sledge.

Yes, their system for people not at the same stage of the quests is flat out retarded. Since I was the only person who configured his ports in my circle of friends, I had to host all our games, so we have constant problems with one person being a quest behind and just not knowing what was going on/not getting the extra xp.

Darkewolfe on
    What is this I don't even.
  • Options
    edited October 2009
    So how does that work? Is the "game world" based off the host's progress, so if I hosted at Lvl 13, my buddy who just got this game would miss out on the story events I'd already done? If so I'll have to make sure he gets his shit together as far as hosting games.

PeregrineFalcon on
  • Options
    NailbunnyPDNailbunnyPD Registered User regular
    edited October 2009
    My only complaint against this game is the fact that it was clearly designed for console, and PC was an afterthought. The control settings are just horrendous. I've tweaked the INI to make a few adjustments (disabling Mouse Smoothing, remove toggle from crouch, and adjust FOV.) I still need to be able to mute my mic so people don't have to listen to me yell at my dog among other things.
    This.

Also, does disabling smooth mouse actually make it lower?

I really could use help lowering my sensitivity, even the lowest setting isn't low enough.

I have the same problem with mouse sensitivity, and mouse smoothing does not solve it. If I find a tweak, I will let you know, but modifying the value in one of the configs has no effect.

Mouse Smoothing disabled makes the mouse feel more responsive, though.

NailbunnyPD on
    XBL: NailbunnyPD PSN: NailbunnyPD Origin: NailbunnyPD
    NintendoID: Nailbunny 3DS: 3909-8796-4685
    steam_sig-400.png
  • Options
    MagicPrimeMagicPrime FiresideWizard Registered User regular
    edited October 2009
    They need to patch it so people can independtly quest in multiplayer games to catch up the the current "group" quest.

I cranked my mouse to very very very low sensitivity and it feels right enough.

MagicPrime on
    BNet • magicprime#1430 | PSN/Steam • MagicPrime | Origin • FireSideWizard
    Critical Failures - Havenhold CampaignAugust St. Cloud (Human Ranger)
  • Options
    SenshiSenshi BALLING OUT OF CONTROL WavefrontRegistered User regular
    edited October 2009
    I somehow got one quest behind in a group of four, it was related to me not getting turnin credit for one of Lucky's quests leading to the Mad Mel killquest. When the group then did the quests between that quest and Mad Mel, I wasn't receiving credit at all. Since we were having intermittent disconnection problems, I took the time to quickly fix it up (complete them in singleplayer) while the group killed Skagzilla another time for fun (it's an awesome fight). Bang, I joined their game again and the problem was solved.

God, this game is fantastic. Shame I have raids and shit to get to, I'd love to play some right now.

Senshi on
  • Options
    NailbunnyPDNailbunnyPD Registered User regular
    edited October 2009
    So how does that work? Is the "game world" based off the host's progress, so if I hosted at Lvl 13, my buddy who just got this game would miss out on the story events I'd already done? If so I'll have to make sure he gets his shit together as far as hosting games.

The person who is furthest behind should be the host. If not, they may not get credit for doing the quests that you are working on, possibly since they have yet to unlock them.

NailbunnyPD on
    XBL: NailbunnyPD PSN: NailbunnyPD Origin: NailbunnyPD
    NintendoID: Nailbunny 3DS: 3909-8796-4685
    steam_sig-400.png
  • Options
    edited October 2009
    the questing indicators for co op are indeed retarded.

so far as i can tell, if you join a game where the host is on a quest that you are ineligible for, the quest marker will display a random quest for you, meaning you're shit out of luck and don't have the proper green indicator. you cannot switch active quests if you are not host.

if the host AND you are at the same point in the game, everything's fine.

if the host is behind you in the game, it's much better to do HIS quests. keep in mind that if the host selects a quest that you've already done, it will display check marks in all the boxes on your screen, making it impossible to track the progress of the quest from your end. awesome programming, gearbox!

MikeMan on
  • Options
    Zen VulgarityZen Vulgarity What a lovely day for tea Secret British ThreadRegistered User regular
    edited October 2009
    The Monthrakk quest is such an asshole.

It says it's level 21 quest.

So me and my level 20-22 buddies start it, oh ha ha another boss.

Fucking level 25 fucking asshole bombing running monster

Zen Vulgarity on
  • Options
    Zen VulgarityZen Vulgarity What a lovely day for tea Secret British ThreadRegistered User regular
    edited October 2009
    Also I've never had problems with the questing unless I made a level 1 character and was behind around 7 levels in another person's game.

Zen Vulgarity on
  • Options
    MoSiAcMoSiAc Registered User regular
    edited October 2009
    Played with some PA folks last night and I had a good time, though they were much better players and I felt like they wer babysitting me (though I was higher than 2 of them for a little bit) I hope they still all had fun. Had to bow out before everyone was ready to quit though.

This game would be near impossible without voice chat to discuss what the idea for fights were and such. Great game. I'm giving these people more money.

MoSiAc on
    Monster Hunter Tri US: MoSiAc - U46FJF - Katrice | RipTen - Gaming News | Los Comics
  • Options
    edited October 2009
    The Monthrakk quest is such an asshole.

It says it's level 21 quest.

So me and my level 20-22 buddies start it, oh ha ha another boss.

Fucking level 25 fucking asshole bombing running monster
    that quest was so fucking hard and took so long, jesus christ.

shooting the fucker did nothing. and i was level 25. so i just got into a vehicle and waited for him to sail over me at an angle compared to the hill i was on so i could get the fucking reticle high enough to lock onto him. after that i literally just drove around holding down the missile button for like 10 straight minutes. 90% of my missile shots would miss. but if i stood still the fire would rain down on me

MikeMan on
This discussion has been closed.