Options

[BORDERLANDS] You don't need three balls to enjoy it, but it helps.

1636465666769»

• Options
    DarkewolfeDarkewolfe Registered User regular
    edited November 2009
    http://www.borderlandsthegame.com/skilltree/brick/#31550005050000005505505

Man, I forgot to post my Brick build when I said "only way to play Brick."
    Only way to play Brick end-game, IMO. Start out zerking. Switch to rocket pumping. If you die, you will instantly revive (with full shields) as long as there is a living enemy nearby, because you will rocket them to death. All of your explosive damage will almost immediately let you start zerking again.

Carry a sniper rifle and smg that do explosive damage as well, so that you can reset the cooldown on zerking during those "I feel like being long range" moments. You can then use that to heal yourself whenever you want.

Darkewolfe on
    What is this I don't even.
  • Options
    NerdgasmicNerdgasmic __BANNED USERS regular
    edited November 2009
    Have you tried the daze talent instead of the talent that reduces your beserk cooldown when you deal explosive damage? With mods, the cooldown can already get ridiculously low.

Nerdgasmic on
  • Options
    OptimusZedOptimusZed Registered User regular
    edited November 2009
    This is my level 50 Brick build.

I'm probably going to respec out of Unbreakable. But this, a decent shotgun and a class mod that boosts Juggernaut or Revenge and you honestly never have to worry about zerking outside of doomsday scenarios. If there are a completely unreasonable number of enemies, nade first, then charge.

OptimusZed on
    We're reading Rifts. You should too. You know you want to. Now With Ninjas!

They tried to bury us. They didn't know that we were seeds. 2018 Midterms. Get your shit together.
  • Options
    RiusRius Globex CEO Nobody ever says ItalyRegistered User regular
    edited November 2009
    Does nobody else use Launchers on Brick? I could never see it working solo, but with an ammo-regenerating Roland on the team, I get to go explosion-crazy with burst fire rocket launchers and nuke launchers.

Rius on
  • Options
    edited November 2009
    Rius wrote: »
    Does nobody else use Launchers on Brick? I could never see it working solo, but with an ammo-regenerating Roland on the team, I get to go explosion-crazy with burst fire rocket launchers and nuke launchers.
    By playthrough 2 it's not hard to make work. Double ammo drops and 56 or so rockets at max. You don't really need any outside help.

I tried it for a while. Using my fire helix launcher as a shotgun, effectively. It worked, but the inability to crit makes things like spiderants unnecessarily difficult.

OptimusZed on

They tried to bury us. They didn't know that we were seeds. 2018 Midterms. Get your shit together.
  • Options
    edited November 2009
    I'm using launchers at level 30. The key is finding one of the amazing launchers rather than getting shafted with one of the shitty ones.

Darkewolfe on
  • Options
    edited November 2009
    Darkewolfe wrote: »
    I'm using launchers at level 30. The key is finding one of the amazing launchers rather than getting shafted with one of the shitty ones.
    They seem to like to give you a ton right at the very end, in the last run before the final boss.

Every time I've gone through there they've dropped 3 or 4.

OptimusZed on

• Options
    MorkathMorkath Registered User, __BANNED USERS regular
    edited November 2009
    GnomeTank wrote: »
    Zetx wrote: »
    GnomeTank wrote: »
    Neva wrote: »
    InitialDK wrote: »
    Working in a field of customer service I am not quick to judge the actions and announcements a company puts out as there are usually a dozen things we don't know going on behind the scenes which also effect these decisions for better or worse. Gearbox, or at least Randy, seems very passionate about this project and unless it was a very good act to sell the game I believe they do care about the game and will address the concerns in time. The game has only been out for a couple of weeks now and from what I understand they are also already working on additional content.

I know these things suck and it feels shitty to have purchased a product that feels unfinished but I have faith that they will be fixed. And if not then only time will tell.

But it makes people feel better to say that they have lost respect for a company over minor issues barely a week after release, and then return to playing the game.

It's been more than a week, and a bug that stops you from seeing an important item stat in a game about loot shouldn't have made it past QA, and they surely shouldn't have given us some hamfisted "working as intended" response when it was pointed out to them.

It's not a minor issue either, that's a BIG issue for a game that is 100% about loot. I am now curious how many really good yellow/orange guns I've tossed because they look like crap in the stats window, but I couldn't see the fifth stat line.

I have lost respect for Gearbox, not because of the bug, but because of their response to the bug. I'm glad you find humor in that.

Devil's Advocate: Probably couldn't see the bug in QA because the bug was preventing that. It's a game with random stats, how would they know they were missing a line?

By knowing the hardcoded limit is 5, but noticing that you only ever see 4? It's subtle, but these are the type of things QA people are paid to notice. You make a good point, but a QA person still should have caught it.

Who's to say QA didn't catch it, and had design tell them, "By design".

Morkath on
  • Options
    DelphinidaesDelphinidaes FFXIV: Delphi Kisaragi Registered User regular
    edited November 2009
    Lvl 50 Firefly Siren at the moment and loving every minute of it. However I originally wanted to try out the melee siren but held off because I had heard that the phase blast was at the end of the skill tree was not working.

Is this still the case? I tried to respec last night after the patch and I wasn't able to get the massive bonus for using a melee during phasewalk. Am I doing something wrong or is this still broken? I love setting absolutely everything on fire and watching it burn into oblivion but I would still like to try the melee spec if it working.

Delphinidaes on
    NNID: delphinidaes
    Official PA Forums FFXIV:ARR Free Company <GHOST> gitl.enjin.com Join us on Sargatanas!
    delphinidaes.png
  • Options
    CarbonFireCarbonFire See you in the countryRegistered User regular
    edited November 2009
    Lvl 50 Firefly Siren at the moment and loving every minute of it. However I originally wanted to try out the melee siren but held off because I had heard that the phase blast was at the end of the skill tree was not working.

Is this still the case? I tried to respec last night after the patch and I wasn't able to get the massive bonus for using a melee during phasewalk. Am I doing something wrong or is this still broken? I love setting absolutely everything on fire and watching it burn into oblivion but I would still like to try the melee spec if it working.

Phase Strike is still broken on the PC version. Patch is Coming, no ETA.

I'm on my NG+, and I'm thinking about respecing over to Firefly or Plague Bearer. Still need to fund some good elemental weapons though (most of the ones I've found have been utter crap :()

CarbonFire on
    Steam: CarbonFire MWO, PSN, Origin: Carb0nFire
  • Options
    DelphinidaesDelphinidaes FFXIV: Delphi Kisaragi Registered User regular
    edited November 2009
    CarbonFire wrote: »

Phase Strike is still broken on the PC version. Patch is Coming, no ETA.

I'm on my NG+, and I'm thinking about respecing over to Firefly or Plague Bearer. Still need to fund some good elemental weapons though (most of the ones I've found have been utter crap :()

Honestly with a good Firefly mod even crap fire weapons become amazing. The one I have now increased the Ignite damage by something like 56% and boosts three of my elemental skills by 3 points each.

Any weapon I have that can ignite the enemy pretty much will do so and while the better the element on the gun the more amazing this build gets, it can still work well with fire x1 guns.

However. If you can get a hold of a sniper with "pele demands a sacrifice..." on it, The world is your flambe'

Or in my case my bread and butter is a rocket launcher that does 400ish x 3 damage with fire x4. My teammates have heard me cackling maniacally after firing that bad boy off.

Delphinidaes on
    NNID: delphinidaes
    Official PA Forums FFXIV:ARR Free Company <GHOST> gitl.enjin.com Join us on Sargatanas!
    delphinidaes.png
  • Options
    NerdgasmicNerdgasmic __BANNED USERS regular
    edited November 2009
    I'm pretty sure Phase Strike was fixed on the Xbox.

Nerdgasmic on
  • Options
    DeMoNDeMoN twitch.tv/toxic_cizzle Registered User regular
    edited November 2009
    I really need something that regenerates sniper ammo/all ammo on my Mordecai. I just found two orange sniper rifles 3 minutes apart. And they are both pretty awesome.

DeMoN on
    Steam id : Toxic Cizzle
    *TyCart*_banner.jpg
  • Options
    PitaParkerPitaParker Registered User regular
    edited November 2009
    So the Endowed skill for Brick is only for the elemental type explosive damage correct? Not all rocket launcher and grenade damage. Which would mean if you used explosive type berserking you would receive the bonus as well?

PitaParker on
  • Options
    edited November 2009
    However. If you can get a hold of a sniper with "pele demands a sacrifice..." on it, The world is your flambe'
    I finally started selling these after collecting 5 of them on my Brick.

I think sometimes the random generation gets stuck.

OptimusZed on

• Options
    edited November 2009
    DeMoN wrote: »
    I really need something that regenerates sniper ammo/all ammo on my Mordecai. I just found two orange sniper rifles 3 minutes apart. And they are both pretty awesome.
    I had a class mod that had sniper ammo regen +9. It was literally impossible to outrun.

OptimusZed on

• Options
    edited November 2009
    PitaParker wrote: »
    So the Endowed skill for Brick is only for the elemental type explosive damage correct? Not all rocket launcher and grenade damage. Which would mean if you used explosive type berserking you would receive the bonus as well?

Yes. Or an SMG with explosive damage. It only modifies the actual explosive damage, though, not all of the damage. Similarly, I believe all rocket launchers do explosive damage as their standard damage, plus whatever damage-type modifier they have.

Darkewolfe on
  • Options
    LookFreeGrenadeLookFreeGrenade Registered User regular
    edited November 2009
    DeMoN wrote: »

Some Sniper class mods have Sniple Rifle ammo regen. Don't count on it though because in my 1st & 2nd playthroughs with my Mordecai I only found one ammo regen sniper mod

LookFreeGrenade on
    ormskm.jpg20i89qa.jpg73f2j6.jpg
  • Options
    wavecutterwavecutter Registered User regular
    edited November 2009
    Time for a new thread?

wavecutter on
  • Options
    PeregrineFalconPeregrineFalcon Registered User regular
    edited November 2009
    So if anyone can host and wants to help me try to sort out the Krom quest-bug, please let me know.

Must be joinable.

PeregrineFalcon on
    Looking for a DX:HR OnLive code for my kid brother.
    Can trade TF2 items or whatever else you're interested in. PM me.
  • Options
    StericaSterica Yes Registered User, Moderator mod
    edited November 2009
    wavecutter wrote: »
    Time for a new thread?
    Editing the OP with some new basic info, and it's too big to post!

Sterica on
    YL9WnCY.png
  • Options
    donhonkdonhonk Registered User regular
    edited November 2009
    Rorus Raz wrote: »
    wavecutter wrote: »
    Time for a new thread?
    Editing the OP with some new basic info, and it's too big to post!

Do a double post then

donhonk on
  • Options
    AlegisAlegis Impeckable Registered User regular
    edited November 2009
    Make the title : You don't need to be more accurate ...

and start the post off with

You just need MORE BOOLITZZZZ

in a giant font. Or alternatively: [BORDERLANDS] Get a gun that is as accurate as you are!

Alegis on
  • Options
    LucascraftLucascraft Registered User regular
    edited November 2009
    New thread is here.

Lucascraft on
  • Options
    KivutarKivutar Registered User regular
    edited November 2009
    Darkewolfe wrote: »
    Similarly, I believe all rocket launchers do explosive damage as their standard damage, plus whatever damage-type modifier they have.
    Should be easy to check - as far as I'm aware, the damage floaters will always be yellow for explosive-type damage.

Kivutar on
  • Options
    ZetxZetx 🐧 Registered User regular
    edited November 2009
    IceBurner wrote: »
    As a form of protection against data loss while playing multiplayer, some clever people have created batch files which automatically backup and date your save folder, then run the game. Only problem is the ones I've encountered use a lot of hard coded paths which don't work reliably for everyone. I've created a modified version which relies upon only one path and that's only if you have the retail version.

Instructions are contained within the batch file. They're very simple, but essential so please read them.

Right Click to save as.

Edit: I've remembered how to launch a LNK from the command prompt, but Windows suddenly can't remember what program handles LNK files if I do it that way, sigh.

Catching a 404

[edit] Oops, wrong thread, outdated URL.

Zetx on
  • Options
    IceBurnerIceBurner It's cold and there are penguins.Registered User regular
    edited November 2009
    I tried to delete my post but the DB spat an error at me. Edit: There we go.

IceBurner on
    3DS: 3024-6114-2886 | NNID: Rabites | Steam: IceBurner
    PSN: theIceBurner, IceBurnerEU, IceBurner-JP | X-Link Kai: TheIceBurner
    Dragon's Dogma: 192 Warrior Linty | 80 Strider Alicia | 32 Mage Terra
This discussion has been closed.