As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

Gmail Question - "Last Account Activity" stopped working.

TetraNitroCubaneTetraNitroCubane The DjinneratorAt the bottom of a bottleRegistered User regular
edited October 2009 in Help / Advice Forum
I've asked this over on the gmail help group, but they're so swamped I doubt it'll ever be answered. I was wondering if anyone might have any insight on a peculiar Gmail issue I've been seeing through their web-based email access:

When attempting to open the 'Last Account Activity' 'Details' option in my Gmail account, nothing happens. The last account activity listed at the bottom of the page (beside the 'Details' option) looks accurate, but any clicking on the 'Details' hyperlink simply has no result. Right clicking on the hyperlink to try to open it in a new tab manually doesn't work either: My browser (Opera) doesn't recognize it as a link at all. It's as if I'm right clicking on page whitespace itself instead of a link. This just started happening in the last few days intermittently, but now seems to be permanent. I've even allowed all popups regardless of origin.

I have recreated this issue on two different computers (One on Win 7, one on OS X Snow Leopard), and with two different Gmail accounts. I'm not sure if this is just a technical issue, or evidence of someone 'freezing' my Last Account Activity details.

Has anyone experienced this issues as well? Any advice or information would be appreciated. Thank you.

VuIBhrs.png
TetraNitroCubane on

• AftyAfty Registered User regular
    edited October 2009
    Do you use popup blocking addons/settings? or surf with Javascript disabled?

The link is not actually a link. Its a <span> that fires the popup when it's clicked.

Afty on
  • DaenrisDaenris Registered User regular
    edited October 2009
    Yeah, I see the same right click behavior you do (because as Afty says it's not actually a link), but when clicking on it I get a popup window with the details. Check ad/popup blocking settings or software.

Try viewing in Basic HTML mode (link at the bottom of Gmail), which makes the Details actually become a hyperlink, so you can try clicking on it to see if it works there (or even copy/pasting the link address if clicking still doesn't work).

Daenris on
  • TetraNitroCubaneTetraNitroCubane The Djinnerator At the bottom of a bottleRegistered User regular
    edited October 2009
    As I said above, I actually disabled my popup blocking, and still observed this behavior. I should note that this is a new development, but I haven't changed a damned thing with my browser. I used to be able to open the details without any problems. Then one day, it just stopped working. I didn't fiddle with anything.

I'll give the basic HTML a shot, though. Thanks for that tip.

TetraNitroCubane on
    VuIBhrs.png