Facelesscog wrote: »
Ok, not to get too early a start on things...but...Cookie Brigade ideas for next year
6) Finally, after Alex and I both had some issues with people that either didn't believe that we were actually giving cookies away, or thought it was some sort of scam, I think it would really help to raise awareness of the Cookie Brigade outside of the forums. Unfortunately, outside of the previously mentioned Cookies for Desert Bus item, I don't really have any ideas at the moment, so this is really more of an open question. Any thoughts out there on how to raise Cookie Brigade Awareness?
Hypatia wrote: »
Due to some last minute donations that got turned in our grand total actually came out to: $3162.14!
Thank you to everyone who distributed, baked, and bought cookies, you guys all rocked!
On the ideas for PAX Prime:
- the ID might be a little bit alleviated by the buttons, since button trading is a PAX Prime thing and we should be able to pool together to get more CB buttons.
- for the Enforcer/Bandland thing, I was actually thinking about this on the way home and thought we could create something like:
...and leave them at some of the Enforcer desks/areas like the info booth, particularly for the enforcers that get stuck without being able to leave. This would make it a lot easier for Cookie Brigade members because we could just swing by where the boxes are and if we see that it's going empty, we can just dump some more in. We'd also know where to pick up any donations before the turn-in.
The other notes I wrote for ideas for PAX Prime:
- Make a large flag with the Child's Play logo on it for the meeting areas, it was unfortunate that the bag I was using as a flag was almost the same color as the bags they were giving out
- A lighter portable flagpole so VT doesn't have to lug it around so painfully and *crossed fingers* we can try to make one that's a bit sturdier so it won't break
- Bring rubber bands for the cash so we don't end up scrounging for plastic bags
- Bring ziploc bags for loose change so it isn't floating all over the place
- Bring more Cookie Brigade buttons
- For meeting places next time, open the map file of the convention center and put a big red dot where we're going to be meeting so people can find us more easily.
Anyway, I just wanted to say, awesome job everyone!
PS: Moe, if you're reading this, is there any chance that there's extra room on the CCST that Cookie Brigade members could fill with boxes of cookies to pick them up in Seattle? I feel like one of the biggest hurdles for us is the difficulty in traveling/shipping/bringing cookies.
Wingedillidan wrote: »
Seems like a good idea, but please don't make that priority over walking handouts. Being asked with a smiling face and being able to talk face-to-face to a cookie brigader is > walking up to, and reading, a box...
VThornheart wrote: »
Coldbrew =) =)
Also itzerokewl, I think it was my wife Calli who set up that little "pickup" station... I definitely think it's something we should continue doing! Hopefully using that new box design idea that Facelesscog was talking about! =)
VThornheart wrote: »
Ah, true, but these are good things! =)
I'll definitely keep manning the BYOC, and with DJ at Prime it definitely won't be a problem either. (DJ, are you coming to Prime?)
You haven't met DJ yet, but he's been our cookie logistics man since the beginning. Does a fantastic job (a much better job than I did at it!) doing what I tried to do at East this year, which is to use the BYOC as a platform for uniting bakers with distributors.
With the whole group from both East and Prime at this next Prime, I could see this possibly being the most successful Brigade ever as long as we get sufficient cookies! =)
Moe Fwacky wrote: »
Good to know that the cookie brigade thong is made in the USA
astillac wrote: »
When I was thinking of the hats, I was was envisioning more of the hats that were made for the PokeCrawl. Blue felt/fur, glue on googly eyes....
Facelesscog wrote: »
Do you think we could just go with a general "Cookie Monster" theme, and leave the implementation up to the individual? After having came up with the idea almost by accident, I'm kind of fond of the Cookie Monster Top Hat now.