Options

Nintendo DSi XL - LL

124»

• Options
    Hockey JohnstonHockey Johnston Registered User regular
    edited October 2009
    I am flat out surprised at anyone who got a DSi with the hopes that there would be a ton of great downloadable games. It's a nice feature to have for people who are upgrading, but the games -- the things you're ostensibly buying the system for -- are obviously still on SD cards.

DS games are pretty simple as-is. Whatever you're gonna get for 1-2$ on the store is going to be pretty unimpressive.

Hockey Johnston on
  • Options
    MachismoMachismo Registered User regular
    edited November 2009
    Algertman wrote: »
    PSPGo was a massive downgrade.

As someone who owns one, I can attest that PSP Go is not a massive downgrade. The system itself is much better than the previous models with the only big missing thing being the lack of a UMD drive. Given how awful UMDs are (fragile & terrible load times), is that such a big deal? The PSN has already gotten drastically better in just the month of October with tons of great games being added & several fantastic sales (among other things, Prinny for $10 at the beginning of the month & Super Stardust Portable for $5 this week).

The lack of UMD is a big deal for those of us that have a library of games already. Third-parties aren't putting many games on the online service either. Already, a significant number are available on UMD only. It could get worse, expecially considering how consumers have generally rejected it (PSP sales went up, PSPgo numbers were disappointing).
    PSPgo would be a good side project, like a budget PSP. Instead they try and sell it as the upgraded version when its capabilities are more limited.

Also, no wireless G from what I read. Seriously, everything is Wireless G now a days.

Machismo on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    Brainiac 8Brainiac 8 Don't call me Shirley... Registered User regular
    edited November 2009
    Lunker wrote: »
    Brainiac 8 wrote: »
    But there are quite a few good games on the DSi shop.

Plus Shantae is due out pretty soon.

there's really not. I am looking forward to Shantae though

Hello Wrongy McWrong. PicoPict alone proves you wrong.

WRONG

To expound on this, the Art Style games on DSiWare are killer for people who like puzzle games. Pictobits, Aquia and BoxLife are really awesome and only five bucks a pop; I believe the 1,000 free points promo is now over, sadly, but they're still great games that have a ton of replayability. I haven't picked up the more recent Art Style games, but there are at least two more available. Plus, Dr. Mario, a handful of different Brain Age and Sudoku games that range from $2 to $8 and a few other bits.

DSiWare is still pretty sparse, but there are some good things available. I opted for a DSi when my DS Lite got the hinge crack, and I don't regret the decision at all (I also have a GB Micro).

Plus if you like Lemmings style games: Mario vs Donkey Kong: Mini's March Again is pretty awesome. :D

Brainiac 8 on
    3DS Friend Code - 1032-1293-2997
    Nintendo Network ID - Brainiac_8
    PSN - Brainiac_8
    Steam - http://steamcommunity.com/id/BRAINIAC8/
    Add me!
  • Options
    EvanderEvander Disappointed Father Registered User regular
    edited November 2009
    Fencingsax wrote: »
    Opty wrote: »
    I think its dumb because we havea huge lack of any kind of software (as in on cart) support for the DSi, and there releasing a hardware upgrade already.

I also have a bias as I was an early adopter and I am pissed with myself that I didnt wait, as I bought the DSi, literally only for the bigger screens.
    It's not a hardware upgrade like how the DSi was an actual hardware upgrade to the DS/DSLite, it's the exact same internals as the DSi but with bigger screens (no resolution change) and that's it. It's not that big a deal.

The hardware changed, and is better. Upgrade works on these terms. Thats what I meant. If you put the new DS LL next to a DSi, and asked people which was the upgrade, they would be able to point it out because they know what you mean and its colloquialism is in standard use here. Its a hardware upgrade.

The point is there not really delivering on content for the device in cart form, but are releasing an update already. I find that dumb. I know better now not to early adopt anymore from nintendo.

You're complaining that Nintendo fixed shit after their product hit the market?

He's not, but that WOULD be a valid complaint.

If you bought a device, and then the company that made it turned around and released a better version of it right afterwards, wouldn't you be a bit annoyed that they didn't just wait to release the better version in the first place?

Evander on
  • Options
    edited November 2009
    slash000 wrote: »
    Better is indeed relative. Some people are going to prefer the DSi regular simply because it's going to be more portable. 4.25" screens are going to make the DSi XL, well, X-tra L-arge. :P

I'm ready to upgrade from my Lite, but I still haven't decided which I'd prefer. The more portable one or the one with bigger screens. Everything else is exactly the same. It's not like the jump from DS to DSi, really. It's more like offering two laptops with the same specs, except one is a 15" screen and the other is a 19" screen. Or something. Same stuff, but the choice is between portability and screensize.

The only piece that actually bothers me is that I don't expect Nintendo to make it easy for consumers to move all of their DSiWare from one unit to another.

I know that if I got a new PSP, I could just redownload all of my PSN stuff, because it is tied to an account, not to my unit. DSiWare, as I understand it, is the other way around.

Evander on
  • Options
    Dodge AspenDodge Aspen Registered User regular
    edited November 2009
    Nintendo only needs to utter 3 words to get my cash for a DSi XL: Handheld Virtual Console. Have my monies now. Until then, I'll be here waiting happily playing my Lite with the GBA slot. I need my Racing Gears and portable Mario Bros. series thanks.

Dodge Aspen on
    Xbox - Dodge Mega
    Switch - SW-3699-5063-5018

• Options
    The WolfmanThe Wolfman Registered User regular
    edited November 2009
    Evander wrote: »
    Better is indeed relative. Some people are going to prefer the DSi regular simply because it's going to be more portable. 4.25" screens are going to make the DSi XL, well, X-tra L-arge. :P

I'm ready to upgrade from my Lite, but I still haven't decided which I'd prefer. The more portable one or the one with bigger screens. Everything else is exactly the same. It's not like the jump from DS to DSi, really. It's more like offering two laptops with the same specs, except one is a 15" screen and the other is a 19" screen. Or something. Same stuff, but the choice is between portability and screensize.

The only piece that actually bothers me is that I don't expect Nintendo to make it easy for consumers to move all of their DSiWare from one unit to another.

I know that if I got a new PSP, I could just redownload all of my PSN stuff, because it is tied to an account, not to my unit. DSiWare, as I understand it, is the other way around.

Well they already have that bit where you can transfer your Wifi system data to another DS, so you don't screw up your friend codes and stuff. There's no real reason they can't use that. If I remember right when I did it, it even deletes the data off the old DS in the process.

Of course, this doesn't address the problem of how most people are typically trading the old system in for the new one, never getting the chance to use both to switch.

The Wolfman on
    "The sausage of Green Earth explodes with flavor like the cannon of culinary delight."
  • Options
    edited November 2009

Well they already have that bit where you can transfer your Wifi system data to another DS, so you don't screw up your friend codes and stuff. There's no real reason they can't use that. If I remember right when I did it, it even deletes the data off the old DS in the process.

Of course, this doesn't address the problem of how most people are typically trading the old system in for the new one, never getting the chance to use both to switch.

Evander on
  • Options
    YggiDeeYggiDee The World Ends With You Shill Registered User regular
    edited November 2009
    I had to buy my DSi twice when the first one was stolen, so I can confirm that DSiware is tied to the machine and not the account. On the other hand, if you know you are switching up you can re-download everything, copy it to a memory stick, and transfer it to the new system.

YggiDee on
  • Options
    AnalrapistAnalrapist Registered User regular
    edited November 2009
    "We should give the DS a bigger screen"
    "But, this is the DS lite, wait till next week, we'll release a new DS. You should know by now this is a weekly occurance"
    "BRILLIANT!"

Not trying to hate on Nintendo, but Christ all mighty. How many times do they need to release the same system. I still don't see whats wrong with the DS generation 2.

Analrapist on
    CheeseSticks15.png
  • Options
    KorKor Known to detonate from time to time Registered User regular
    edited November 2009
    But nintendo has always released multiple version of their handheld.

Gameboy went on to the Gameboy pocket and then a big jump to the gameboy color.
    GBA had the GBASP and finally the GBA micro.

Now we've got DS to DSLight to DSi to DSiXL

Kor on
    DS Code: 3050-7671-2707
    Pokemon Safari - Sneasel, Pawniard, ????
  • Options
    UncleSporkyUncleSporky Registered User regular
    edited November 2009
    And it's basically not a problem for anyone at all unless you're the type to stand back and look a time line and go "WHOOOAAAHHH" as people are wont to do on the internet.

All manner of consumer electronics get yearly upgrades. Some people buy them because it's the new shiny and has some cool extra features, some people don't because the old version's good enough and they can feel smug about saving money compared to the other guys. It's all cool. Obviously it's worth it in the end for the companies doing it.

UncleSporky on
    Switch Friend Code: SW - 5443 - 2358 - 9118 || 3DS Friend Code: 0989 - 1731 - 9504 || NNID: unclesporky
  • Options
    edited November 2009
    All manner of consumer electronics get yearly upgrades.

This doesn't make it okay.

Strategic releases designed to milk the consumers of their money by having to replace moderately expensive electronics yearly in order to stay on the peak of the curve is INCREDIBLY consumer negative.

Evander on
  • Options
    edited November 2009

Strategic releases designed to milk the consumers of their money by having to replace moderately expensive electronics yearly in order to stay on the peak of the curve is INCREDIBLY consumer negative.

No, actually it's perfectly okay. People would not buy them if they didn't want them. Nobody is forcing anyone to do anything.

If it gets bad enough people will just sit back and wait, as many people have said they're doing on these forums. That's fine, it's their choice. We're not even to Guitar Hero or iPod levels of milking the consumer here, yet - each new version has actually been significantly better/different. Moreso than between the PSP 2000 and 3000, I would say.

UncleSporky on
    Switch Friend Code: SW - 5443 - 2358 - 9118 || 3DS Friend Code: 0989 - 1731 - 9504 || NNID: unclesporky
  • Options
    slash000slash000 Registered User regular
    edited November 2009

Nobody has to be a DSi XL, just like nobody has to buy a PSP Go.

These things are updates but they don't make the DSi or the PSP 3k obsolete as both handhelds are still perfectly useful and all software for each still works and is still supported.

It would be different if this was a brand new platform with an entirely new type of game, same goes for PSP Go. But since it's not, nobody is "forced" to be "milked" by the company to play their DSi or PSP games unless they so choose to do so.

It would be a problem if Nintendo released a new console with different gpu/cpu that required a different game media. Or sony or ms or whoever. Like launching a 360 in 2005 and then a 720 in 2006 with different specs and different games. But instead this scenario is more like MS launching a 360 pro, and then a year later, launching a 360 Elite. OH NOES it has HDMI and a bigger HDD! Minor upgrades. But it doesn't make the 360 Pro obsolete. In the same way, releasing a DSi with a larger screen is a minor upgrade that doesn't make the DSi obsolete.

slash000 on
  • Options
    edited November 2009
    In fact it strikes me as being more to attract new customers rather than milking the old ones. I wonder what those numbers would look like - do you sell more to people who already had it?

UncleSporky on
  • Options
    edited November 2009

Nobody has to be a DSi XL, just like nobody has to buy a PSP Go.

These things are updates but they don't make the DSi or the PSP 3k obsolete as both handhelds are still perfectly useful and all software for each still works and is still supported.

It would be different if this was a brand new platform with an entirely new type of game, same goes for PSP Go. But since it's not, nobody is "forced" to be "milked" by the company to play their DSi or PSP games unless they so choose to do so.

It would be a problem if Nintendo released a new console with different gpu/cpu that required a different game media. Or sony or ms or whoever. Like launching a 360 in 2005 and then a 720 in 2006 with different specs and different games. But instead this scenario is more like MS launching a 360 pro, and then a year later, launching a 360 Elite. OH NOES it has HDMI and a bigger HDD! Minor upgrades. But it doesn't make the 360 Pro obsolete. In the same way, releasing a DSi with a larger screen is a minor upgrade that doesn't make the DSi obsolete.

If you want to play ALL of the newest games, you need to buy the newest system, generally.

I am NOT speaking specifically to the DSi XL here. I'm speaking to the "yearly release" apologists in general.

Even if you are not required to buy the systems, a LOT of money goes in to marketing to make you feel like you are behind the times if you don't. It is a predatory behavior that is harmful to consumers, because it serves to confuse them as to what they are buying, and what they actually need to buy in order to make use of their media.

Evander on
  • Options
    edited November 2009
    Even if you are not required to buy the systems, a LOT of money goes in to marketing to make you feel like you are behind the times if you don't. It is a predatory behavior that is harmful to consumers, because it serves to confuse them as to what they are buying, and what they actually need to buy in order to make use of their media.
    Ok, so how long is the minimum amount of time before it's acceptable? Give us a hard number here, after which you are no longer being predatory and instead offering a needed and appreciated system update.

What about the people who really want a better version of the hardware and are holding out? You think the company ought to leave them hanging out in the cold for six years, since releasing any earlier is predatory? I'm so glad you have my best interests at heart in keeping me from buying an updated product, lest I waste my money.

People are always going to be confused. People were confused when there was nothing but PS2, XBox, GC. I guess that means having three consoles is harmful to consumers, because it serves to confuse them as to what they are buying, and what they actually need to buy in order to make use of their media.

UncleSporky on
  • Options
    CmdPromptCmdPrompt Registered User regular
    edited November 2009
    If you want to play ALL of the newest games, you need to buy the newest system, generally.

I am NOT speaking specifically to the DSi XL here. I'm speaking to the "yearly release" apologists in general.
    I can't think of a system that breaks forwards compatibility on a yearly basis, so I'm not sure what the problem is here.
    That's no different than advertising for any other given product.

CmdPrompt on
    GxewS.png
  • Options
    edited November 2009
    Ok, so how long is the minimum amount of time before it's acceptable? Give us a hard number here, after which you are no longer being predatory and instead offering a needed and appreciated system update.

What about the people who really want a better version of the hardware and are holding out? You think the company ought to leave them hanging out in the cold for six years, since releasing any earlier is predatory? I'm so glad you have my best interests at heart in keeping me from buying an updated product, lest I waste my money.

People are always going to be confused. People were confused when there was nothing but PS2, XBox, GC. I guess that means having three consoles is harmful to consumers, because it serves to confuse them as to what they are buying, and what they actually need to buy in order to make use of their media.

I have to say, after the way that you attack Gamestop's business policies constantly, I'm a bit flabergasted at you supporting yearly relaunches of consumer electronics.

Confusing customers is not an unfortunately byproduct, it is a deliberate business tactic. You put enough stuff on the market, and consumers aren't going to have any idea which one does what they want the best, so it is easier to steer them through your marketing.

Evander on
  • Options
    slash000slash000 Registered User regular
    edited November 2009

Like what? The 360, PS3, PSP, and DS all had revisions, and NONE of them were required to play any newer games. The DSi is arguably a new system altogether, despite the lack of support of new hardware. The new iteration of the DSi, the XL, is pretty unnecessary and arguably more of a side-step than a step forward. There's no need to get an XL in order to play "ALL" of the newest DSi games... Like I said, to me, it's more like choosing between a laptop with a 15" screen for portability or a laptop with the same specs and a 19" screen sacrificing portability but having a bigger screen to view. Look, I agree in that I think it's way too early for a new DSi revision. However, it doesn't seem like a big deal to me.

The only people I feel bad for are the people who bought a DSi solely because they wanted bigger screens and didn't care about anything else. I can't imagine that group is all too large, but even if it's tiny, I still feel bad for those people. (edit: I mention the DSi XL specifically because it's the one with the "shortest time between revisions" that I know of right now, unless one of the PS3 revisions equalled/beats it.)

However I don't think anyone really can complain too much for buying a consumer electronic device and expect that it WON'T get a revision sometime in about a year. Half a year is short short short, but it was inevitable at some point. At least the new revision doesn't prevent them from enjoying their current DSi or DS games in any way, since it's not a true "upgrade" so much as it is a mere revision in form factor. Just about every consumer electronci gets a revision or some kind of upgrade for a variety of reasons and it's ultimately inevitable

Well companies have to advertise and market somehow. The only idiotic thing is on the company's part by putting out too many iterations of the device at the same time. I don't think it's necessarily predatory so much as stupid unless there is some kind of seriously shady business going on. Introducing an arguably unnecessary product into the market doesn't seem "predatory." It seems unnecessary and it will cause market confusion, but I don't think that there mere act of releasing a device with a different form factor is per se predatory.

Besides that, what are they supposed to do to market the thing? "Nintendo DSi XL - please don't buy it."
    By your logic any kind of positive marketing would be predatory because having multiple revisions of a device is confusing and therefore predatory...

For the record, I don't think releasing the XL within a year is a good decision. I agree that it'll confuse the market to some degree; and even if a tiny portion of the market is confused, that's bad enough. However, for informed consumers that buy electronic consumer devices, I don't know that they would expect anything less than periodic revisions. Unfortunately this one came waaaaaaaaaay too early. Hoewver, they are not forced to buy anything to keep on enjoying what they have. The only people that arguably got gypped on this are the ones who only bought DSi's for the larger screens and do not much care for portability or any other aspect of the DSi.

slash000 on
  • Options
    SirToastySirToasty Registered User regular
    edited November 2009
    So all this has is a bigger screen and an extra long stylus? I'm glad the standard DSi is totally comfortable. I won't be getting this.

SirToasty on
  • Options
    edited November 2009
    I have to say, after the way that you attack Gamestop's business policies constantly, I'm a bit flabergasted at you supporting yearly relaunches of consumer electronics.
    That's extremely hyperbolic. A thread rolls around every once in a while, and I might post in it once or twice. I'm not passionate about the topic at any rate, or at least no more passionate than any other forumer. It's an annoying store to go into and that's about it.

Also I don't see how buying a used game at new prices is the same thing as whether one supports a new piece of hardware with new functionality.

UncleSporky on
  • Options
    edited November 2009
    That's extremely hyperbolic. A thread rolls around every once in a while, and I might post in it once or twice. I'm not passionate about the topic at any rate, or at least no more passionate than any other forumer. It's an annoying store to go into and that's about it.

Also I don't see how buying a used game at new prices is the same thing as whether one supports a new piece of hardware with new functionality.

business is business. used games are sold at the price that the market will bear. You seem to think it is predatory for the company to set prices so high, even though no one is forced to buy it.

But then you shoot me down for saying that yearly strategic releases are predatory, and use the excuse "you don't have to buy it"

Now, before you call me a hypocrit too, let me point out that there is a difference between a retailer and a manufacturer. If you don't like the policies of a retailer, you can shop elsewhere for the same product. If you don't like the policies fo a manufacturer, though, you're SOL.

Evander on
  • Options
    LunkerLunker Registered User regular
    edited November 2009

But again, there's virtually no technical improvements to the machine, and nothing that enables any new kind of gameplay. The effect of upgrading your DSi to a DSi LL can be simulated at home by holding your DSi a little closer to your face!

I don't really see any problems with releasing half-upgrades like this. You have a point in regards to the DSi itself, since it does have more horsepower and exclusives via DSiWare and eventual cartridges, but the introduction of this system doesn't really change too much, especially if it ends up at a premium and the DSi stays the same $169.

Lunker on
    Tweet my Face: @heyitslunker | Save money at CheapAssGamer (not an affiliate link)
  • Options
    SeolSeol Registered User regular
    edited November 2009
    Unlike the DSi, it's not an upgrade. It's an alternative. It's a few notches ahead of a new colour, but that's about it. It's not going to run games any better than the existing DSi, and it's not going to obsolete old DSs by drawing development away from supporting them any more than if all DSiXLs were regular DSis.

Seol on
  • Options
    DjiemDjiem Registered User regular
    edited November 2009
    I dunno if I want a bigger DSi, but if I did, I'd be kind of annoyed at this revision so soon in the DSi's lifespan. This said, as others have pointed out, this is not a new system, though. While the DSi's hardware is more powerful than the DS's hardware, the DSi XL is just a DSi, but slightly bigger.

Now, if this system had better specs, I'd be pissed.

Djiem on
  • Options
    AbsoluteZeroAbsoluteZero The new film by Quentin Koopantino Registered User regular
    edited November 2009
    Analrapist wrote: »
    "But, this is the DS lite, wait till next week, we'll release a new DS. You should know by now this is a weekly occurance"
    "BRILLIANT!"

Not trying to hate on Nintendo, but Christ all mighty. How many times do they need to release the same system. I still don't see whats wrong with the DS generation 2.

Are you really complaining about having more options? They aren't forcing you to buy a new DS. Your old one will still work.

AbsoluteZero on
    cs6f034fsffl.jpg
  • Options
    Rex DartRex Dart Registered User regular
    edited November 2009
    "BRILLIANT!"

Are you really complaining about having more options? They aren't forcing you to buy a new DS. Your old one will still work.
    To be fair, there is a point past which "more options" gets increasingly annoying. The PS3 is the best example of this. But yeah, I don't think the DS is there yet.

Speaking of options and DSes and off-topic questions, I have an off-topic question for the wisest people in this topic:

I want to get my girlfriend a DS for Christmas. I don't know whether to get a DS Lite or a DSi. Which would you recommend?

I already have a DS Phat, and it still works fine. So I wouldn't be too worried about losing the GBA compatibility. Also, while it's a bit meager now, DSiWare might someday have something good to offer, right? Maybe? If it does, I could always borrow Also, my girlfriend might like the camera. If nothing else, it would give her another excuse to carry it around. DSi also has nicer screens and buttons. But then I have to wonder if they're really worth the extra $50. Also, I think my girlfriend would prefer the colors of the DS Lite. I'm really conflicted. Advice please!

Rex Dart on
  • Options
    edited November 2009
    Lunker wrote: »

But again, there's virtually no technical improvements to the machine, and nothing that enables any new kind of gameplay. The effect of upgrading your DSi to a DSi LL can be simulated at home by holding your DSi a little closer to your face!

I don't really see any problems with releasing half-upgrades like this. You have a point in regards to the DSi itself, since it does have more horsepower and exclusives via DSiWare and eventual cartridges, but the introduction of this system doesn't really change too much, especially if it ends up at a premium and the DSi stays the same $169.

And as I said, I don't have a particular issue with the LL, I was responding to the apologists for the general idea of strategic releases.

If I have a complaint about the LL it is that they didn't release it alongside the initial DSi, giving consumers a choice between the two up front. This would be the same complaint as many had about the Kindle DX.

Evander on
  • Options
    SirToastySirToasty Registered User regular
    edited November 2009
    Rex Dart wrote: »
    "BRILLIANT!"

To be fair, there is a point past which "more options" gets increasingly annoying. The PS3 is the best example of this. But yeah, I don't think the DS is there yet.

Speaking of options and DSes and off-topic questions, I have an off-topic question for the wisest people in this topic:

I want to get my girlfriend a DS for Christmas. I don't know whether to get a DS Lite or a DSi. Which would you recommend?

I already have a DS Phat, and it still works fine. So I wouldn't be too worried about losing the GBA compatibility. Also, while it's a bit meager now, DSiWare might someday have something good to offer, right? Maybe? If it does, I could always borrow Also, my girlfriend might like the camera. If nothing else, it would give her another excuse to carry it around. DSi also has nicer screens and buttons. But then I have to wonder if they're really worth the extra $50. Also, I think my girlfriend would prefer the colors of the DS Lite. I'm really conflicted. Advice please!
    DSiWare already has some really good games on it. Pretty much any of the Artstyle games are great for $5. If she doesn't play any GBA games then go ahead with a DSi. Like you said, she will probably enjoy the camera and at the very least, you two will have a fun 30 minutes messing with it and taking funny pictures. Same with the sound manipulation. Just looking at it doesn't seem like it is worth the money but actually owning one, I can say that it was well worth the purchase. Way more so thatn the DSlite.

SirToasty on
  • Options
    edited November 2009
    "BRILLIANT!"

would she ever use the browser on the DSi?

Evander on
  • Options
    LunkerLunker Registered User regular
    edited November 2009
    SirToasty wrote: »
    "BRILLIANT!"

DSiWare already has some really good games on it. Pretty much any of the Artstyle games are great for $5. If she doesn't play any GBA games then go ahead with a DSi. Like you said, she will probably enjoy the camera and at the very least, you two will have a fun 30 minutes messing with it and taking funny pictures. Same with the sound manipulation. Just looking at it doesn't seem like it is worth the money but actually owning one, I can say that it was well worth the purchase. Way more so thatn the DSlite.

If she likes puzzle games of any sort, DSiWare is definitely worth the purchase right now, along with the futureproofing aspect of having the option to buy any potential cool games down the road. Especially if you don't care about the GBA slot loss, which is the major strike against the DSi. But I like the handful of DSiWare games I've bought so far; three Art Style games, a port of Dr. Mario and there's also a $2 Sudoku collection I'm thinking of picking up.

Lunker on
    Tweet my Face: @heyitslunker | Save money at CheapAssGamer (not an affiliate link)
  • Options
    wonderpugwonderpug Registered User regular
    edited November 2009
    Consarnit. You folks complaining about the color choice are to young to remember, but back in my day we played portable Nintendo on a Game & Watch, which had almost exactly the same color. Instant nostalgia kick seeing the picture in the OP.

mariobros.jpg

wonderpug on
  • Options
    commathecommathe Registered User regular
    edited November 2009
    They should have a special Zelda edition, with shiny gold like the original zelda cartridge, not the half-assed gold they've used since ocarina.

And it should come preloaded with DSIware updates of Link's awakening and the oracle games!

Also they should burn everyone responsible for Spirit Tracks.

commathe on