As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

CF SECRET Moses HOLIDAY 2009 - ALL PMs OUT

15678911»

• Options
    SF_DhalsimSF_Dhalsim Registered User regular
    edited February 2010
    CrownAxe wrote: »
    I'm going to guess Lawinator is my Santa

OOOOOOOoooooooooooooooooOOOOOooooooooooooo

Wrong!

d'oh!

I may never know....

You may know sooner than you think bum diddy duuuuum

SF_Dhalsim on
    sig-1355736.jpg
    sig-1355747.jpg
    SC2: XxKhrushchev.539
  • Options
    TheLawinatorTheLawinator Registered User regular
    edited February 2010
    SF_Dhalsim wrote: »
    I'm going to guess Lawinator is my Santa

OOOOOOOoooooooooooooooooOOOOOooooooooooooo

Wrong!

d'oh!

I may never know....

You may know sooner than you think bum diddy duuuuum

So might you!

TheLawinator on
    My SteamID Gamertag and PSN: TheLawinator
  • Options
    see317see317 Registered User regular
    edited February 2010
    Good news and bad news...
    First the good: I have received a large box in the mail, which instinct tells me is from my Secret Santa here. Well, instinct and the fact that I've not ordered anything for a while...

The bad news is that I won't be able to open it until tomorrow, as tonight is my brothers birthday so I have to head out now-ish, after that I have to go to work (hooray for mondays that happen thursday night...ugh). At least I'll have a box of awesome to look forward too for the next 16ish hours.

see317 on
  • Options
    see317see317 Registered User regular
    edited February 2010
    So, 16ish hours later, and I'm home.
    Sadly, no camera to take pictures so if you've got some pictures Santa they'd be mad appreciated.

Anyway, I got a kickass PoM Reckoner, and what looks like half a phone book for packing material.

Also a note, transcribed below in the hopes it makes up for my lack of photos.
    See317,
    Enjoy your Reckoner! I was looking around the Privateer Press website for stuff that looked cool, (this is my primary decision making tool when buying stuff for myself ~See) and this guy jumped out at me. Hopefully he at least semi-matches your scheme (I wanted to get away from the studio theme but still be sort of in line with Menoth stuff) and will get some good use. I mean, hey, he has a big fuckin' cannon for an arm, how can he not kickass, right?
    -Matt (MadJazz)
    Any misspellings are my fault. I'm not typing so well right now. <- I had to type that sentence three times to make it look right.

He did get a bit bunged up in transit, with the condmner cannon popping out of joint and the consecrator getting a bit bent. Nothing that isn't fixed easily.

Seriously though, if you took a picture MadJazz, please post it cause this guy is awesome.

see317 on
  • Options
    SevorakSevorak Registered User regular
    edited February 2010
    Sevorak wrote: »
    JaysonFour wrote: »
    Still waiting to hear from my Santee on if my gift got there or not. I should be picking up the second part of the gift later this week (after it finally comes in), and if they'd like to provide an alternate address for me (in case the first one doesn't work out), I could send it there.

EDIT: Tracking number says it was delivered yesterday to the provided address.

My office's mail guy just dropped it off! I'd post a picture, but my phone is not complying with my requests to email the picture to myself, so it'll have to wait until I get home. :?

Needless to say, the gift is awesome and I'm amazed to hear there's even more coming. Thanks JaysonFour!

Finally managed to con my phone into emailing me the picture:
    photo.jpg

Sevorak on
    steam_sig.png 3DS: 0748-2282-4229
  • Options
    MatriasMatrias Registered User regular
    edited February 2010
    still waiting for the second half of my gift...

Matrias on
    3DS/Pokemon Friend Code - 2122-5878-9273 - Kyle
  • Options
    Mad JazzMad Jazz gotta go fast AustinRegistered User regular
    edited February 2010
    Unfortunately I was so focused on getting dude finished and sent out, I totally neglected to snap any pics with my shitty iphone camera. Glad you like him though, and I hope he sees some use (even if only as a threatening display).

Mad Jazz on
    camo_sig2.png
  • Options
    BitstreamBitstream Registered User regular
    edited February 2010
    My mailbox is so lonely :(

I'm going to be out of town next week, so unless my gift shows up Monday I won't be posting about it until Friday night. I haven't given up hope yet, Santa.

Bitstream on
  • Options
    CrownAxeCrownAxe Registered User regular
    edited February 2010
    Well well, I look on my doorstep and what do I find?

A box of Dwarf Warriors, lead by a Dwarf Champion with a SWEET-ASS AXE!!!

Awesome, you can never get enough of these warriors

CrownAxe on
    AwesomeSig.jpg
  • Options
    SF_DhalsimSF_Dhalsim Registered User regular
    edited February 2010
    I got my gift, and hilariously enough, on my birfday and considering I have family in the area I honestly thought it was a long lost relative, but my eyes did behold the grandest box of marines evar.

spacewolvespack.jpg

SF_Dhalsim on
    sig-1355736.jpg
    sig-1355747.jpg
    SC2: XxKhrushchev.539
  • Options
    fallaxdracofallaxdraco Registered User regular
    edited February 2010
    Glad it got there despite the weather, fallaxdraco! I quite literally had an extra copy of Let The Galaxy Burn, so I included it. There are a couple of good stories in there if you've not read it. And some really terrible ones too!

As you may have seen in the paint thread, that's my very first painted miniature. I think it came out ok. Did the packing rub off any of the paint? I didn't seal it since I felt you might wish to strip it and do it much better, but I was worried what travel might do to it.

I'm terrible at painting so I don't think I COULD do better, and it looks fine.

Thanks very much for the book, as well. I've been sick for weeks and I am tearing through them, so I've already started it.

fallaxdraco on
  • Options
    TheLawinatorTheLawinator Registered User regular
    edited February 2010
    SF_Dhalsim wrote: »
    I got my gift, and hilariously enough, on my birfday and considering I have family in the area I honestly thought it was a long lost relative, but my eyes did behold the grandest box of marines evar.

spacewolvespack.jpg

What an awesome coincidence! Honestly I'm kinda glad I procrastinated because Santa sent me a new address pretty much just before the deadline. Hope that's a good start.

TheLawinator on
    My SteamID Gamertag and PSN: TheLawinator
  • Options
    CF SANTACF SANTA Registered User regular
    edited February 2010
    By my calculations that leaves us with only two Santees still to receive gifts, and both Santas have been in touch with me to keep me updated.

CF SANTA on
    santasig.jpg
  • Options
    JaysonFourJaysonFour Classy Monster Kitteh Registered User regular
    edited February 2010
    Second half going out tomorrow or Thursday, depending on how bad the snow gets.

JaysonFour on
    steam_sig.png
    I can has cheezburger, yes?
  • Options
    [GHSC]Ryctor[GHSC]Ryctor Registered User regular
    edited February 2010
    Matrias wrote: »
    still waiting for the second half of my gift...

Maelstorm games sent me an email this morning letting me know they finally got the second part of your gift in stock. It should ship today or tomorrow.

[GHSC]Ryctor on
    You'd be surprised the amount of damage a hauler can do in the right hands ~ Istvaan Shogaatsu
  • Options
    DarkewolfeDarkewolfe Registered User regular
    edited February 2010
    My santee should get their gift tomorrow, unless the Snowtorious B.I.G. has messed that up somehow.

Darkewolfe on
    What is this I don't even.
  • Options
    NaxNax For Sanguinius! Registered User regular
    edited February 2010
    Darkewolfe wrote: »
    My santee should get their gift tomorrow, unless the Snowtorious B.I.G. has messed that up somehow.

Woooooooooooooooooooooooooooo! :P I'm off, too!

Nax on
    The following people are amazing and I love them: Wildcat, Timspork, Kias, Denada, susan, Sharp101, [GHSC]Ryctor, Matev, Matrias, ItBurns, Slapnuts, Dayspring, see317, and the unknown poster that sent me a box of Death Company! <3 If you get them as Santees you should buy them amazing things!
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    I guess it didn't come? I didn't get the tracking number from them, but they estimated a Thursday delivery. Then we had another blizzard, so I guess things could be later than expected.

Darkewolfe on
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    Nothing yesterday or today :( What shipping service did you use?

If UPS, there is still a chance of it arriving today, as UPS often delivers to my house rather late in the evening

Nax on
    The following people are amazing and I love them: Wildcat, Timspork, Kias, Denada, susan, Sharp101, [GHSC]Ryctor, Matev, Matrias, ItBurns, Slapnuts, Dayspring, see317, and the unknown poster that sent me a box of Death Company! <3 If you get them as Santees you should buy them amazing things!
  • Options
    albawarrioralbawarrior Registered User regular
    edited February 2010
    I have had my gift for a few weeks now and have not yet started to build it. i feel ashamed!! :p

albawarrior on
    631337217.pngbazzmahookie.png
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    Nax wrote: »

If UPS, there is still a chance of it arriving today, as UPS often delivers to my house rather late in the evening

It was UPS. He'd said it would probably get there by Thursday. I remember why I hate UPS so much.

Darkewolfe on
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    So I just got home from work to find a missed-delivery note in with my mail. Unfortunately the post office is already closed and I work early on Monday, so I won't be able to pick up the parcel until Monday afternoon.

Can't wait! :D

Bitstream on
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    Darkewolfe wrote: »

It was UPS. He'd said it would probably get there by Thursday. I remember why I hate UPS so much.

Apparently it might be coming FedEx. I shipped through UPS, but I shipped another package at the same time, which arrived at its destination late today via FedEx for some reason that I don't understand. I guess maybe the blizzard screwed things up somehow.

Darkewolfe on
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    Hopefully Monday, then

Nax on
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    Oh shit, tomorrow's a federal holiday. Tuesday can't come soon enough.

Bitstream on
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    A PACKAGE! AT MY HOUSE! GOING TO GET IT NOW!

Nax on
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    A PACKAGE! AT MY HOUSE! GOING TO GET IT NOW!

All these caps make me fearful of disappointment.

Darkewolfe on
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    Just got my package.

Oh. My. God.

I'm trying desperately to find my camera cable, because this Piranha is gorgeous. I couldn't have had a better Santa for my Tau aesthetic - It Burns paints the cleanest damn tech I've ever seen. So, so sexy.

But wait, there's another layer of padding? Underneath... sprues! Fire warrior and kroot squads! Holy shit!

Seriously, Burns, this is fantastic and totally worth the wait. Thank you so much. You've gotten my army off to a great start.

I'll get these pics posted as soon as I can find that blasted cable.

[Edit] - Hi5, Nax! Woo, Fat Tuesday Xmas!

Bitstream on
  • Options
    It BurnsIt Burns Registered User regular
    edited February 2010
    Glad to see it survived the trip. I didn't glue the crew because I tought they'd get less damaged on the trip this way. Tought everyone likes Farsight Enclaves so i went with that since you didn't have a set paintscheme at the time.

I took some pictures before I packed it I'll get them in here after they upload.

It Burns on
    The slowest painter. Ever.
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    Found it!

SantaTau02.jpg

SantaTau01.jpg

Part of me wants to mod this guy into throwing up the horns:

SantaTau03.jpg

"Woooooo!"

Bitstream on
  • Options
    It BurnsIt Burns Registered User regular
    edited February 2010
    Some more pictures, mine turned out pinkish :\
    Imagem0000.jpgImagem0001.jpgImagem0002.jpg
    Imagem0003.jpgImagem0004.jpgImagem0005.jpg
    Imagem0006.jpgImagem0007.jpgImagem0008.jpg
    Imagem0009.jpgImagem0010.jpg

It Burns on
    The slowest painter. Ever.
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    So, did it come?

Darkewolfe on
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    Yes! Sorry, Its been an interesting 24 hours.

See, I moved in the middle of January, so the package was actually delivered to my parents house. Since I knew I'd get it either way, I didn't trouble Santa with updating my address :)

Anyways, I don't have a camera at the moment, so I can't post pics, but this is what I got!

First a note, scrawled in handwriting that looks surprisingly like it was written by an old friend of mine (Kyle, is that you?! :P)
    Darkewolfe wrote:
    Nax,

Sorry this comes to you so late. Hopefully it will excite. First, you have a Grey Knight Justicar with a nemesis axe, a weapon style he learned from a force of Space Wolves he served with. Next, you have two vortex grenade templates, one for you and one for your fiancee. Congratulations on that! Lastly, you have a Forge World imperial pilot. This guy came from Games Day '08 I think and is pretty rare. I figure he'll make a cool officer for your IG, or a badass objective marker. Hopefully you enjoy the haul.

Game on!
    Darkewolfe

The Grey Knight is actually a Grey Knight Terminator, and not just a Justicar, so he's actually much cooler! :) And man, did you have to say it was from the Wolves? Now Altmann and Scurvy are going to give me shit about how the GKs needed help from the Wolves :P

I honestly don't know how much use I will get out of the vortex templates, cause I pretty much never play Apoc, BUT! I like to write crazy scenarios for regular games, so something tells me they are going to start to include gaping holes in the warp!

And the Elysian Thunderbolt Pilot is just awesome... I'm thinking he may end up as an Officer of the Fleet or something. I think that would be fitting :)

Thanks, Darkewolfe!

Nax on
  • Options
    CF SANTACF SANTA Registered User regular
    edited February 2010
    And with that, ladies and gentlemen, we have successfully completed CF Secret Moses 2009. I'd like to thank you all for participating, for sending each other great gifts, and for the first time for a few years for not having a single deadbeat Santa.

See you in May / June for CF Secret Summer Santa!

CF SANTA on
    santasig.jpg
  • Options
    DayspringDayspring the Phoenician Registered User regular
    edited February 2010
    Thanks for organizing it again, santa!

Dayspring on
    My Warhammer stuff online: Youtube Twitter Insta