Options

CF SECRET Moses HOLIDAY 2009 - ALL PMs OUT

• Options
    altmannaltmann Registered User regular
    edited December 2009
    I think I know what matrias is getting his person. (i'm probably wrong)

Also, the gift I ordered did NOT get delivered to my LGS! If it's not here within the next week I will need to do some emergency planning.

altmann on
    Imperator of the Gigahorse Jockeys.

"Oh what a day, what a LOVELY DAY!"

signature.png
  • Options
    MatriasMatrias Registered User regular
    edited December 2009
    You are. My Santee is wierd and now I'm painting up Space Crybabies.

I'll let you guys guess what that is.

Matrias on
    3DS/Pokemon Friend Code - 2122-5878-9273 - Kyle
  • Options
    DarkewolfeDarkewolfe Registered User regular
    edited December 2009
    Finally got all the necessary materials together for my santee. Was getting worried for a minute there about one of the things. Hopefully I can wrap everything up by Christmas, I'm pretty sure I'll have it there by January at the latest, though.

Darkewolfe on
    What is this I don't even.
  • Options
    albawarrioralbawarrior Registered User regular
    edited December 2009
    Well i posted off my gift to my Santee..... The post office did say it will not be there before xmas day as it does have 4023 miles to go ( as the crow flies ) from my post office to the one in its final city :D However if luck is on its side and the emperor allows, it shall arive very close to xmas day.

:D just hope you like it....

albawarrior on
    631337217.pngbazzmahookie.png
  • Options
    edited December 2009
    Well i posted off my gift to my Santee..... The post office did say it will not be there before xmas day as it does have 4023 miles to go ( as the crow flies ) from my post office to the one in its final city :D However if luck is on its side and the emperor allows, it shall arive very close to xmas day.

I want you to know that I calculated the distance between Glasgow (being the only city in Scotland that I could calculate from) and D.C. just to check. Give or take a thousand miles, you're mailing to someone in either the southeast or the midwest.

I think.

That was actually fun.

Darkewolfe on
  • Options
    RaslinRaslin Registered User regular
    edited December 2009
    Darkewolfe wrote: »

I want you to know that I calculated the distance between Glasgow (being the only city in Scotland that I could calculate from) and D.C. just to check. Give or take a thousand miles, you're mailing to someone in either the southeast or the midwest.

I think.

That was actually fun.

Thank you for doing that so I didn't have to(it would have bugged me :P)

Raslin on
    I cant url good so add me on steam anyways steamcommunity.com/id/Raslin

3ds friend code: 2981-6032-4118
  • Options
    WulfWulf Disciple of Tzeentch The Void... (New Jersey)Registered User regular
    edited December 2009
    Okay Mr. Man who is my santee, you should have something waiting for you when you get home. Or so the interwebs tell me.

Wulf on
    Everyone needs a little Chaos!
  • Options
    BitstreamBitstream Registered User regular
    edited December 2009
    So I just got confirmation that my order is out for delivery. I don't want to rush the job, but I'll try to get the gift out in time for a proper christmas delivery. Apologies to my santee if it's late.

Bitstream on
  • Options
    RaslinRaslin Registered User regular
    edited December 2009
    You guys do realize that the deadline for your santee's receiving presents is the end of january, right? I mean, kudos to those who manage to have it received by christmas, but its not exactly late if it isn't :P

Raslin on
    I cant url good so add me on steam anyways steamcommunity.com/id/Raslin

3ds friend code: 2981-6032-4118
  • Options
    CorporateLogoCorporateLogo The toilet knows how I feelRegistered User regular
    edited December 2009
    Raslin wrote: »
    You guys do realize that the deadline for your santee's receiving presents is the end of january, right? I mean, kudos to those who manage to have it received by christmas, but its not exactly late if it isn't :P

Yeah, I was a bit curious about people rushing to get things out ASAP when there's still a month and a half left.

CorporateLogo on
    Do not have a cow, mortal.

c9PXgFo.jpg
  • Options
    edited December 2009

Yeah, I was a bit curious about people rushing to get things out ASAP when there's still a month and a half left.

I don't have tons of free time as the year comes to a close, so I opted to get this ordered and done while I wasn't dealing with yearly transition things

Wulf on
  • Options
    MatriasMatrias Registered User regular
    edited December 2009
    I realize that, but it would be nice to get my present to my Santee before Christmas.

Matrias on
    3DS/Pokemon Friend Code - 2122-5878-9273 - Kyle
  • Options
    edited December 2009
    Wulf wrote: »

I don't have tons of free time as the year comes to a close, so I opted to get this ordered and done while I wasn't dealing with yearly transition things

This, and I much prefer the idea of my santee getting the gift at random with all the other pre-christmas packages coming in. Makes for an even better surprise.

Bitstream on
  • Options
    TehSlothTehSloth Hit Or Miss I Guess They Never Miss, HuhRegistered User regular
    edited December 2009
    Bitstream wrote: »
    Wulf wrote: »

This, and I much prefer the idea of my santee getting the gift at random with all the other pre-christmas packages coming in. Makes for an even better surprise.

Heh, mine will probably be coming in with all the other post-Christmas packages. Fortunately after work Friday my semester will be over and I'll be able to dedicate a full weekend to the creative element of the gift (fortunately for my santee, this does not include painting mini's, as the extent of my abilities in that realm is spraying primer and throwing a solid coat on a base). I'd like to get it out Monday, but that probably means it won't make it till the next Monday with holiday shipping.

TehSloth on
    FC: 1993-7778-8872 PSN: TehSloth Xbox: SlothTeh
    twitch.tv/tehsloth
  • Options
    edited December 2009
    Seems like beating the deadlines significantly also gets the santa more attention for their creative bad-assery.

Darkewolfe on
  • Options
    Gabriel_PittGabriel_Pitt (effective against Russian warships) Registered User regular
    edited December 2009
    But less time for them to actually perform said bad-assery.

Gabriel_Pitt on
  • Options
    It BurnsIt Burns Registered User regular
    edited December 2009
    I've been painting red for days and it still doesn't have the coverage I desire D:

Yes, I'm using Mechrite Red.

Dear Santee, do not expect to recieve this before Christmas :(

It Burns on
    The slowest painter. Ever.
  • Options
    edited December 2009
    LOL, i like the calculating out the distance....... i wish i was going in the package as well so i could have a holiday :p

I just realised that the address i gave is my 'WORK' so if my santa has sent or is about to i might not get it until next year anyways as my base closes on friday until next year!! At least i can check with the Caretaker to see if it has arrived. :D Im am not too fussed as it will be summit to look forward to when i am forced to go back to work in January :D

albawarrior on
  • Options
    Mad JazzMad Jazz gotta go fast AustinRegistered User regular
    edited December 2009
    Santee gift has arrived in the mail. Now it's time to start the assembly process...

Mad Jazz on
    camo_sig2.png
  • Options
    DayspringDayspring the Phoenician Registered User regular
    edited December 2009
    I'm all set now I think, work will begin in a couple of days when i'm back home!

Dayspring on
    My Warhammer stuff online: Youtube Twitter Insta
  • Options
    edited December 2009
    Stayed up way too late last night, since my green stuff skills have apparently gotten a bit rusty. So tired. I think I'm mostly happy with what I have, though.

Darkewolfe on
  • Options
    -SPI--SPI- Osaka, JapanRegistered User regular
    edited December 2009
    I'm making decent progress despite debilitating procrastination the last week.

-SPI- on
  • Options
    Gabriel_PittGabriel_Pitt (effective against Russian warships) Registered User regular
    edited December 2009
    Looks like the rest of J's present is finally on it's way. I hope it's not a let-down after the first part. :P

Gabriel_Pitt on
  • Options
    NaxNax For Sanguinius! Registered User regular
    edited December 2009
    Looks like the rest of J's present is finally on it's way. I hope it's not a let-down after the first part. :P

I am pretty sure you could have sent him coal as the second part, and he would still be ecstatic about your gift overall :P

Nax on
    The following people are amazing and I love them: Wildcat, Timspork, Kias, Denada, susan, Sharp101, [GHSC]Ryctor, Matev, Matrias, ItBurns, Slapnuts, Dayspring, see317, and the unknown poster that sent me a box of Death Company! <3 If you get them as Santees you should buy them amazing things!
  • Options
    edited December 2009
    Well, not to be overly self-depreciating, but it's easy to be generous when the only expense is money, and not labor.

Gabriel_Pitt on
  • Options
    JJ Rabbit GangmemberRegistered User regular
    edited December 2009
    Nax wrote: »

I am pretty sure you could have sent him coal as the second part, and he would still be ecstatic about your gift overall :P

This is true.

J on
  • Options
    edited December 2009
    So, I was coming home today after a pretty exhausting day and thought to myself, "It'd be pretty cool if there were presents for me when I get to the mailbox."

Lo and behold...
    Box.
    Apartments013.jpg?t=1260312886
    This is kind of goofy, but after working all day on one of our green campaigns at work I was amused by the box.
    Apartments014.jpg?t=1260312887
    Ah, shining jewels are within!
    Apartments015.jpg?t=1260312887
    I haven't seen my main monsterpocalypse pal in awhile, so I'm going to wait to open 'er up till my girlfriend and I have time to play/try to sucker her into liking collectibles. Pictures of the contents will have to come later. This gives me a great chance to push her from liking miniatures (she enjoys painting my GW stuff) and loving board games to further heights of geekery.

Thanks a ton, Santa!

It came straight from the source, so I'm not sure who it was from. It seems I may have failed to pick it up yesterday, so Wulf possibly? Either way, another big thanks to my santa! Loves me some giant monsters and tiny buildings. Who wants to play?

Darkewolfe on
  • Options
    edited December 2009
    So I'm finally getting the chance to sit down and work on my gift, and good lord do I love this model. I have absolutely no reason to own one myself, but I totally want one.

I forgot how much fun this was. CF, you have finally sucked me back into miniature sculpting!

Bitstream on
  • Options
    Captain ScurvyCaptain Scurvy Registered User regular
    edited December 2009
    man i forgot what a bitch black is to make look awsome.

Captain Scurvy on
    [Enter Witty Catch Phrase Here]
  • Options
    see317see317 Registered User regular
    edited December 2009
    Darkewolfe wrote: »
    So, I was coming home today after a pretty exhausting day and thought to myself, "It'd be pretty cool if there were presents for me when I get to the mailbox."

Lo and behold...
    Box.
    Apartments013.jpg?t=1260312886
    This is kind of goofy, but after working all day on one of our green campaigns at work I was amused by the box.
    Apartments014.jpg?t=1260312887
    Ah, shining jewels are within!
    Apartments015.jpg?t=1260312887
    I haven't seen my main monsterpocalypse pal in awhile, so I'm going to wait to open 'er up till my girlfriend and I have time to play/try to sucker her into liking collectibles. Pictures of the contents will have to come later. This gives me a great chance to push her from liking miniatures (she enjoys painting my GW stuff) and loving board games to further heights of geekery.

Thanks a ton, Santa!

It came straight from the source, so I'm not sure who it was from. It seems I may have failed to pick it up yesterday, so Wulf possibly? Either way, another big thanks to my santa! Loves me some giant monsters and tiny buildings. Who wants to play?

Glad you enjoy tiny monsters. Honestly, I would hate to meet the person who did not enjoy such things. Looking at your Board Game Geek thing I saw that those where a wanted item, so here's hoping your new monsters fit thematically with whatever monsters you currently have.

see317 on
  • Options
    edited December 2009
    Yeah. I have a small collection, so theme isn't really a concern. I basically treat it as a board game, since it's pretty much playable as such. Thanks so much!

Darkewolfe on
  • Options
    edited December 2009
    Awesome gift, but yes all credit to see317, who was your Santa. I am a bit worried now though, as my santee has apparently had his gift delivered about oh, 48 hours ago as of now. I would hate to have had my gift stolen from my santees domicile entrance, but if it has been, at least I have time to get them another.

Wulf on
  • Options
    edited December 2009
    Hmm... i did get a package delivery notice a couple of days ago, but I'm pretty sure it said it was from Amazon.com... If only I didn't have a retarded post office open only from 9-5 on weekdays, I'd be able to pick it up before Saturday and be sure.

It's also just possible you're Santee is not me, and some people are just slow on the upload. I'm fairly sure the guy I gave the 750 point Tyranid army to for the first exchange still hasn't posted pics of it. :P

Gabriel_Pitt on
  • Options
    edited December 2009
    I just hope my package i sent out makes it to the good old US of A in one piece!!

albawarrior on
  • Options
    WIckedkarmaWIckedkarma AustinRegistered User regular
    edited December 2009
    Dear Santee,
    Expect your package sometime this weekend/next week.

WIckedkarma on
    camo_sig2.png
  • Options
    IronKnuckle's GhostIronKnuckle's Ghost Registered User regular
    edited December 2009
    Checked with my LGS, and the gift I ordered through them last week has still not been ordered because apparently ordering Games Workshop merchandise can only be done via some obscure, arcane ritual involving a great number of willing participants who do not mind the presence of goat's blood and Reese's Peanut Butter Cups.

If my LGS wasn't a cool place in every regard aside from special orders, I'd be a bit miffed.

IronKnuckle's Ghost on
  • Options
    altmannaltmann Registered User regular
    edited December 2009
    Went to my LGS and they didn't have what I ordered. Luckily, I managed to wheel-and-deal and someone gave me theirs and they'll get mine when it comes in, since mine is time-sensitive.

I have started assembling said gift. Lets just say it's probably the most complicated thing I've assembled yet.

altmann on
    Imperator of the Gigahorse Jockeys.

"Oh what a day, what a LOVELY DAY!"

signature.png
  • Options
    Captain ScurvyCaptain Scurvy Registered User regular
    edited December 2009
    ya it looked crazy difficult. Also, gift shipped today, expect it by the end of the week or monday santee. THE EMPEROR PROTECTS!

Captain Scurvy on
    [Enter Witty Catch Phrase Here]
  • Options
    KiasKias Registered User regular
    edited December 2009
    Dear Santee,

Since we both got in on this awesome ritual a little late, you probably know who you are. However, I am happy to say that you will only expect half of what you shall receive! I hope you like it, as I was a little hesitant to deviate from your suggestion, but half the fun of the present is lost without surprise mixed in, so it is sort of a shot in the dark!

A package should be on its way from thewarstore (hopefully to arrive before Christmas).

Happy Holidays! :mrgreen:

Kias on
    steam_sig.png

• Options
    edited December 2009
    I am having way too much fun with this. Tonight I did the last bits of greenstuffing (hopefully), and I'll be shipping this weekend. Pre-christmas gift delivery ahoy!

To my santee: I had to desecrate a Lego piece making this thing. I hope you're happy.
    ;-)

Bitstream on