Options

CF SECRET Moses HOLIDAY 2009 - ALL PMs OUT

• Options
    Librarian's ghostLibrarian's ghost Librarian, Ghostbuster, and TimSpork Registered User regular
    edited December 2009
    I got a gift in the mail yesterday all the way from Scotland! It contained a box of Space Woves and Njal Stormcaller! Thanks a ton Albawarrior! I'm going to have a blast painting these guys! I was going to take a picture of the loot but I've been as sick as a dog and couldn't find the camera.

HOLY CHRISTMAS BATMAN!!

I cant beleive it has arrived before Christmas!!! Im happy about that. Hope you Like Timspork.

:D

I got so many plans for them! The kits are so amazingly detailed.

Librarian's ghost on
    (Switch Friend Code) SW-4910-9735-6014(PSN) timspork (Steam) timspork (XBox) Timspork

• Options
    Gabriel_PittGabriel_Pitt (effective against Russian warships) Registered User regular
    edited December 2009
    Damn it, you guys are getting me all ants in the pantsy about packages showing up at my door!

Gabriel_Pitt on
  • Options
    TheLawinatorTheLawinator Registered User regular
    edited December 2009
    Same here, except I have to check the post office instead. Hopefully it gets here before I leave for christmas vacation or it's just sent to my home address.

TheLawinator on
    My SteamID Gamertag and PSN: TheLawinator
  • Options
    WIckedkarmaWIckedkarma AustinRegistered User regular
    edited December 2009
    Dearest Santa,
    I will be off work from Dec 25th until Jan 4th. If you think the package will get to my home address during that time please feel free to send it to my home otherwise just send it to my work and if it shows up while I am out I will drive back to work and stealth in 007 style get the package and get out with out any co workers ever being the wiser. Just give me a heads up and I will take care of it thanks!

WIckedkarma on
    camo_sig2.png
  • Options
    Gabriel_PittGabriel_Pitt (effective against Russian warships) Registered User regular
    edited December 2009
    Ooh, right, that reminds me, I'm going to be bouncing around the DC/MD/VA area house and dog sitting for family over the holidays. So Santa, if you haven't sent out my present yet, pop me an IM when you're ready to mail so I can tell you if I'll be home, or if it'll need redirecting.

Gabriel_Pitt on
  • Options
    Captain ScurvyCaptain Scurvy Registered User regular
    edited December 2009
    Dearest Santa,
    I will be off work from Dec 25th until Jan 4th. If you think the package will get to my home address during that time please feel free to send it to my home otherwise just send it to my work and if it shows up while I am out I will drive back to work and stealth in 007 style get the package and get out with out any co workers ever being the wiser. Just give me a heads up and I will take care of it thanks!

you shouldnt have to worry, it was mailed to home adress on thurs last week. Should be there any day now LIKE TODAY!

Captain Scurvy on
    [Enter Witty Catch Phrase Here]
  • Options
    edited December 2009
    OHH man lets jsut hope no one stole it =( I dont live in a nice part of town.

WIckedkarma on
    camo_sig2.png
  • Options
    edited December 2009
    dont panic i mailed it regular usps in vanilla envelope. you dont get told the gift though :)

Captain Scurvy on
  • Options
    edited December 2009
    hehe right on=) I just called my boss and shes letting me off early to go home and check just to make sure =) so not only do I possibly get a gift I also get to go home early thanks santa!

WIckedkarma on
    camo_sig2.png
  • Options
    edited December 2009
    here to help :)

Captain Scurvy on
  • Options
    edited December 2009
    A package from the Imperium! We have been found brothers, rejoice!
    I let my mail servitor inspect the package just to make sure it contains no trace of Chaos taint. You never know Chaos are some sneaky gits..
    [IMG][/img]DSCN0397.jpg
    Excellent everything checks out okay!

Opening it up I find some kick ass stuff!

First up some fluff for my custom Slamanders chapter thank you soo much ! really well done and I digs it! Consider it official for my chapter =) I'm just sorry I'm not good enough / don't have a good enough cam to get a good shot of the letter =(

Next up reinforcements!
    [IMG][/img]DSCN0398.jpgDSCN0399.jpgDSCN0400.jpg
    Man this is beautiful thank you soo much for taking the time to paint him and for allowing yourself to part with this amazingly painted Chaplain.

And next up something I was lacking and really meaning to buy but with Christmas kicking my ass just did not have a chance to. ]Forgefather Vulkan COME ON DOWN! your the next contestant on who wants to get clean up and painted!

And now Chaplain Sor'kaar with his new found brothers ready for action!
    DSCN0403.jpg
    DSCN0403.jpg

Captain Scurvy thank you sooooo much for the awesome gifts =)
    Thanks for making my first time in the Critical Failures secret Santa a fantastic one!

WIckedkarma on
    camo_sig2.png
  • Options
    KiasKias Registered User regular
    edited December 2009
    I'm glad they ported this forum over.

I have primed all of the minis. I didn't know how awesome the flying shredders looked until now. I might actually start playing Hordes in addition to DnD.

Post pics when your done! Honestly, I blame you if I end up getting a Hordes army. Looking through their website just made me want to buy an army on the spot. If I hadn't just committed myself to Arcane Legions, I probably would have :P

@Wicked: Both your new chaplain and your servitor ping highly on the awesome scale. Of course, they will inevitable be crushed beneath the boots of my chaos legions some day, but until then, pretty damn awesome.

Kias on
    steam_sig.png

• Options
    DayspringDayspring the Phoenician Registered User regular
    edited December 2009
    Nice gift!
    Also...do you have a pet hedgehog? That's badass :D

Dayspring on
    My Warhammer stuff online: Youtube Twitter Insta
  • Options
    edited December 2009
    Dayspring wrote: »
    Nice gift!
    Also...do you have a pet hedgehog? That's badass :D
    Yes I do!
    My Girlfriend bought her her name is Myrtle McPuffyPants and she is a very important business hedgehog who runs a fortune 500 company.
    She also doubles as a Mail Servitor ^_^.
    here is a youtube video of her in action if you enjoy Cuteness

WIckedkarma on
    camo_sig2.png
  • Options
    edited December 2009
    That's cool :D
    My gf will love that when I show her

Dayspring on
  • Options
    see317see317 Registered User regular
    edited December 2009
    Where you feeding your hedgehog toothpaste?

Or is all the foam just hedgehog spit?
    wikipedia wrote:
    Hedgehogs occasionally perform a ritual called anointing. When the animal comes across a new scent, it will lick and bite the source and then form a scented froth in its mouth and paste it on its spines with its tongue. It is not known what the specific purpose of this ritual is, but some experts believe anointing camouflages the hedgehog with the new scent of the area and provides a possible poison or source of infection to any predator that gets poked by their spines. Anointing is sometimes also called anting because of a similar behavior in birds.

see317 on
  • Options
    edited December 2009
    see317 wrote: »
    Where you feeding your hedgehog toothpaste?

Or is all the foam just hedgehog spit?
    wikipedia wrote:
    Hedgehogs occasionally perform a ritual called anointing. When the animal comes across a new scent, it will lick and bite the source and then form a scented froth in its mouth and paste it on its spines with its tongue. It is not known what the specific purpose of this ritual is, but some experts believe anointing camouflages the hedgehog with the new scent of the area and provides a possible poison or source of infection to any predator that gets poked by their spines. Anointing is sometimes also called anting because of a similar behavior in birds.

It just her Anointing we wouldn't feed her toothpaste.

WIckedkarma on
    camo_sig2.png
  • Options
    see317see317 Registered User regular
    edited December 2009
    Yeah, figured it was a stupid question about 30 seconds after I hit the "post" button.
    Awesome hedgehog though. Wish I could get one, but my house tends to vary in temp too far. From what I've read hedgehogs don't handle widely ranging temps very well. Stupid Colorado weather.

see317 on
  • Options
    edited December 2009
    They really dont at all. And all kinds of things you would never think of can kill them very quickly. like grade seed oil or tea leave oil or untreated cedar. It takes a good bit of reading up to take good care of one but its worth it they are really cool.

Though they do sell heating rocks for hedgehogs so you don't have to worry about temps =)

WIckedkarma on
    camo_sig2.png
  • Options
    WildcatWildcat Registered User regular
    edited December 2009
    Wildcat wrote: »
    I finally posted my gift yesterday! As it's going to the US it will likely have to go on that Gentile's excuse for a postal service that is USPS for a while, so I don't expect it to arrive before the 25th of this month. I put an extra gift in to hopefully compensate for the delay.

Whoah whoah whoah, you're not someone from the UK bitching about our postal system, are you? :lol:

Yes, yes I am. My Graphic Violence Santee's gift was posted by the shipping company on 2nd December, it's been misdelivered at least once and is still in transit.

Wildcat on
  • Options
    Mad JazzMad Jazz gotta go fast AustinRegistered User regular
    edited December 2009
    Due to unavoidable delays (read: water falling from the sky on my non-work days keeping me from priming my santee's model), my gift will not be arriving before christmas. However, we're ready for priming and painting, and I have sculpted the most baddest ass base to date. I'm excited.

Mad Jazz on
    camo_sig2.png
  • Options
    KiasKias Registered User regular
    edited December 2009
    So, after pulling an all nighter to get my very last paper in that completes my first, painful semester of graduate school, I am still awake for some strange reason: probably the excitement of freedom, even if temporary, is keeping my eyes open.

While considering whether I should finally lay down, my wife comes by with a package and, loe and behold, my santa's present has come on this day of celebration!

I don't have a camera to take pictures at the moment, but within the box was Citadels! This little gem is exactly the kind of game I was looking for as I had not even heard of it until I had it in my hands! After a brief look through on the rules, I expect this game to be hitting the table by Saturday and I will let you know how it goes, though it sounds right up our alley.

Thanks Belligerent, good pick!

Kias on
    steam_sig.png

• Options
    altmannaltmann Registered User regular
    edited December 2009
    My gift is so close to being done! Basing in progress... Will it be done tonight?! WHO KNOWS?!
    probably.

altmann on
    Imperator of the Gigahorse Jockeys.

"Oh what a day, what a LOVELY DAY!"

signature.png
  • Options
    MatriasMatrias Registered User regular
    edited December 2009
    still waiting on some pieces to arrive, but I dug through my plastics and created something a little extra. THe little extra I just started painting, and I think it's going to be way better then the other thing I had planned.

Matrias on
    3DS/Pokemon Friend Code - 2122-5878-9273 - Kyle
  • Options
    It BurnsIt Burns Registered User regular
    edited December 2009
    Right now I want to give someone a healthy dose of manlove.
    Imagem000.jpg
    A wild Brown Box appears!

It Burns uses OPEN.
    Imagem001.jpg

IT IS SUPER AWESOME!

Dis Supa Kannon looks Supa Proppa'!

As soon as I finish painting my santee's gift this will be top priority! A New ride for my new Nobz! :D

It Burns on
    The slowest painter. Ever.
  • Options
    Librarian's ghostLibrarian's ghost Librarian, Ghostbuster, and TimSpork Registered User regular
    edited December 2009
    My gift has been mailed! I should arrive on Tuesday or Wednesday.

Librarian's ghost on
    (Switch Friend Code) SW-4910-9735-6014(PSN) timspork (Steam) timspork (XBox) Timspork

• Options
    edited December 2009
    Glad it made it in time, burns!
    I figure you can either assemble it as-is or else leave the wagon as a transport and jam the huge gun onto something else. Either option should be dedd killy

Appropriately enough my own gift arrived today. A package containing none other than the dreaded pirate kaptin badrukk! Santa's elves tell me that this is part one of two of my gift, but either way, it's looking to be a green christmas :D
    thank you santa!

Dayspring on
  • Options
    TehSlothTehSloth Hit Or Miss I Guess They Never Miss, HuhRegistered User regular
    edited December 2009
    Cool, my Santees last gift came today! Out tomorrow, and should be there before Christmas, hooray!

TehSloth on
    FC: 1993-7778-8872 PSN: TehSloth Xbox: SlothTeh
    twitch.tv/tehsloth
  • Options
    Dr. Phibbs McAtheyDr. Phibbs McAthey Registered User regular
    edited December 2009
    Bah, I feel like the worst Santa; I've got my gift all picked out, and know exactly what I'm gonna get, I just wanna see if my FLGS has it before I order it online. And with my crazy work schedule I've not been awake during their open hours in 2 months. Perhaps an early-mid January gift will be a welcome surprise when normally in January there is nothing to look forward to but Spring in a few months!

Dr. Phibbs McAthey on
  • Options
    WulfWulf Disciple of Tzeentch The Void... (New Jersey)Registered User regular
    edited December 2009
    Yeah, I checked the packing slip (it was buried at the bottom) and it says Saurus Warriors on it too.

Let me know if he wants any information from me to get your warriors eh? :)

Wulf on
    Everyone needs a little Chaos!
  • Options
    CorporateLogoCorporateLogo The toilet knows how I feelRegistered User regular
    edited December 2009
    I gave him a call last week and I just need to mail them back the Slann with a note explaining what happened.

Not that I'll be able to mail it for a bit due to all the snowy roads.

CorporateLogo on
    Do not have a cow, mortal.

c9PXgFo.jpg
  • Options
    edited December 2009
    My gift nears its destination! Go little UPS elves, Go!

Librarian's ghost on

• Options
    MatriasMatrias Registered User regular
    edited December 2009
    Painting finished! It turned out really nice. I'm just waiting for the basing to dry (Water effects)... Hopefully it'll be done by tomorrow morn.

Unfortunately, the bitz I got my Santee from max mini still haven't arrived, so I will have to wait for them before I can send the gift. It certainly won't be their Christmas morning, so my Santa will have to content himself with some photos of his gift on Christmas Day while it's in transit. :)

Matrias on
    3DS/Pokemon Friend Code - 2122-5878-9273 - Kyle
  • Options
    TheLawinatorTheLawinator Registered User regular
    edited December 2009
    Well, I'm finally home! Let's hope my Santa didn't ship it to my school address.

TheLawinator on
    My SteamID Gamertag and PSN: TheLawinator
  • Options
    TehSlothTehSloth Hit Or Miss I Guess They Never Miss, HuhRegistered User regular
    edited December 2009
    So, I was feeling a bit under the weather at work today, and decided to leave a bit early and stop off at the drugstore to grab some generic cough & cold gunk and some Orange Juice. As I passed the front office of my apartment complex, I heavily debated, do I check my mail, or just go bee-line to the bed, but I'm most pleased I chose the former.

Hmm, a package, for me? I quickly took the slip from my mailbox to the office to request that they give me the precious cargo that's been left there for me.

I approached the peculiar and bored looking guy manning the office, "Uh, hi, I've got a package slip, can you get this one for me?"
    "Sure, lemme just see your ID...OK... I'll be right back." and he disappeared into the back while I began filling out all the obviously necessary paperwork for acquiring a package.
    "Ah, here ya go, your reinforcements have arrived!" he said as he handed me the box.
    "Umm, thanks... see ya." and I quickly left, thinking man, they keep hiring weirder and weirder people.

I dashed (well, not really, but I definitely moved a quicker pace than normal) to my apartment so I could see what had arrived for me, and so I could also help myself to the strange wonder that is Alka-Seltzer Plus Cold (it's so fizzy!). I looked at the box, The WarStore, most excellent, oh, it even says "Your reinforcements have arrived", I guess that guy was just reading after all, must... tear... through.... packaging!

Inside, among the packaging peanuts laid a leather pouch... and not just any leather pouch, this was a leather pouch filled with a most excellent treasure.
    Crappy camera photos FTL:
    1221091642.jpg

Inside was a set of quite possibly the most gorgeous dice I've ever seen, like seriously. They're hematite with red numbering, and the edges are way harder than the crap chessex dice I usually use. And the weight, oh man, the only thing I've seen that was even close to these were some pewter "dice" a friend had many years ago that were more potential murder weapons than toys.
    1221091643.jpg

1221091646.jpg

Unfortunately, I can't show off the glory of these dice with my phone, but here's a stock photo thats much better!
    31sGAWkONgL._SL500_AA210_.jpg

Well, I guess that means I've been a good boy this year! I didn't see a PA name anywhere, but it looks to be someone from the UK, thanks to whoever you are, I'm feeling 100% better already!

TehSloth on
    FC: 1993-7778-8872 PSN: TehSloth Xbox: SlothTeh
    twitch.tv/tehsloth
  • Options
    edited December 2009
    Because I don't care anymore.

Untitled-3.jpg
    The A is where the package is.
    1Z75E15V1235854586

Make of this as you will. The person I have should be able to figure out the purpose of the number when they use my last post as a guide.:winky:

Librarian's ghost on

• Options
    RaslinRaslin Registered User regular
    edited December 2009
    Tim, I don't even need the tracking. Its going to go from sac, to probably oakland, take a pitstop in pleasant hill because UPS is silly, and make its way to me on wed or thursday, depending on howe many medical clubs they hit up before swinging by my place.

I've also pretty much known from the beginning(not that anybody said anything). Still, excited mode on!

Raslin on
    I cant url good so add me on steam anyways steamcommunity.com/id/Raslin

3ds friend code: 2981-6032-4118
  • Options
    JJ Rabbit GangmemberRegistered User regular
    edited December 2009
    TehSloth wrote: »
    So, I was feeling a bit under the weather at work today, and decided to leave a bit early and stop off at the drugstore to grab some generic cough & cold gunk and some Orange Juice. As I passed the front office of my apartment complex, I heavily debated, do I check my mail, or just go bee-line to the bed, but I'm most pleased I chose the former.

Hmm, a package, for me? I quickly took the slip from my mailbox to the office to request that they give me the precious cargo that's been left there for me.

I approached the peculiar and bored looking guy manning the office, "Uh, hi, I've got a package slip, can you get this one for me?"
    "Sure, lemme just see your ID...OK... I'll be right back." and he disappeared into the back while I began filling out all the obviously necessary paperwork for acquiring a package.
    "Ah, here ya go, your reinforcements have arrived!" he said as he handed me the box.
    "Umm, thanks... see ya." and I quickly left, thinking man, they keep hiring weirder and weirder people.

I dashed (well, not really, but I definitely moved a quicker pace than normal) to my apartment so I could see what had arrived for me, and so I could also help myself to the strange wonder that is Alka-Seltzer Plus Cold (it's so fizzy!). I looked at the box, The WarStore, most excellent, oh, it even says "Your reinforcements have arrived", I guess that guy was just reading after all, must... tear... through.... packaging!

Inside, among the packaging peanuts laid a leather pouch... and not just any leather pouch, this was a leather pouch filled with a most excellent treasure.

Inside was a set of quite possibly the most gorgeous dice I've ever seen, like seriously. They're hematite with red numbering, and the edges are way harder than the crap chessex dice I usually use. And the weight, oh man, the only thing I've seen that was even close to these were some pewter "dice" a friend had many years ago that were more potential murder weapons than toys.

Well, I guess that means I've been a good boy this year! I didn't see a PA name anywhere, but it looks to be someone from the UK, thanks to whoever you are, I'm feeling 100% better already!

Phew, they came before christmas!

I'm glad you like them, Sloth. I find purchasing something fitting for you dnd/board game players rough on the brain. But when I saw these mentioned in an H/A thread I knew I'd found something funky. :!:

J on
  • Options
    altmannaltmann Registered User regular
    edited December 2009
    GIFT SHIPPED.

Unfortunately there's a 50/50 chance it'll get there on Thurs.

altmann on
    Imperator of the Gigahorse Jockeys.

"Oh what a day, what a LOVELY DAY!"

signature.png
  • Options
    SevorakSevorak Registered User regular
    edited December 2009
    Attention Santa:
    I will be on vacation for a week and a half starting Thursday, so if the package arrives at my work in that time I won't get it until I come back. So don't start freaking out if you don't see a post by me for a while if it gets delivered in that time frame.

In other news, I've had a hell of a time finding half of my santee's gift. Apparently GW has been out of it for a while and no one has it, so I had to pick something else from the list. It's finally on it's way to me, but I don't know if I'll have time to paint it :cry:

Sevorak on
    steam_sig.png 3DS: 0748-2282-4229