Options

[D&D 4e IC] Den of the Slavetakers

24567

Posts

  • Options
    El SkidEl Skid The frozen white northRegistered User regular
    edited November 2009
    Paela places a finger to her lips and intimates "shhhh" before motioning the loud people in the back to stand still. She sneaks forward silently, taking cover behind an outcrop in the wall and peeking out, trying to see through the slit in the wall.
    Moving to B13
    Rolls:
    Stealth Roll: 1d20+9= 27
    Perception Roll: 1d20-1= 5

    El Skid on
  • Options
    robp85robp85 Registered User regular
    edited November 2009
    The stealthy halfling and drow make their way further into the chamber and notice more of the same slits in the walls around them. As Malryna nears the first slit seen and peers up, she sees the face of a weird, clay-like creation looking just over her head. Somehow, the creature hasn't noticed her yet.

    Updated map:
    2zrkzex.jpg
    Alright, what you all want to do is up to you. Obviously the one standing next to you, Malryna, failed its perception roll horribly (even with bonuses). You guys have the opportunity for a surprise round if you'd like or you can do something else. Just let me know.

    Before anyone can move again, another stealth check must be made. If you would like to take a surpirse round, roll initiative and take your one action.

    Status:
    Kazadim - 24/24 - AC18/F15/R15/W12 - HS 8/8 - AP 1/2
    @E0 - Status: Normal.
    Ayliana - 29/29 - AC20/F14/R14/W14 - HS 12/12 - AP 1/2
    @E2 - Status: Normal.
    Flutter - 28/28 - AC15/F13/R13/W15 - HS 10/10 - AP 1/2
    @D0 - Status: Normal.
    Malryna - 25/25 - AC16/F14/R14/W12 - HS 7/7 - AP 1/2
    @C17 - Status: Normal -- Blackfang @F15
    Paela - 25/25 - AC14/F11/R14/W16 - HS 7/7 - AP 1/2
    @B13 - Status: Normal.
    Clay Scout - 31/31 - AC16/F13/R14/W15
    @C18 - Status: Superior Cover.

    robp85 on
    Skard, Shifter Warden
    Basic Attack +26 vs AC -- Damage 1d10+19 (+5 if enemy is prone) (+2 if Longtooth Shifting is active)
  • Options
    TiamatZTiamatZ Ghost puns The Banette of my existenceRegistered User regular
    edited November 2009
    Malryna ducks before the clay monster could spot her.

    Light! That was close!

    As Malryna stays out of the monster's view, she searches out its weaknesses, hoping to gain an advantage over the creature. Now all she hoped the others in the party (especially the noisy Eladrin) won't rile it up...

    Blackfang, sensing it's master's trouble, moves down the ceiling using its webbing and silently lands on the ground, awaiting Malryna's instructions...
    Initiative: (1d20+3) = 22 +2 from Kazadim' Warlord ability = 24
    Stealth Check: (1d20+7) = 26

    My action: Minor Action: Designate Clay monster (C18) as my quarry (Hunter's quarry)

    Black's Stealth: (1d20+8) = 16

    Blackfang dropped to the ground silently... hopefully.

    TiamatZ on
  • Options
    El SkidEl Skid The frozen white northRegistered User regular
    edited November 2009
    Initiative: 1d20+4=19

    More in a sec, wanted to get that in since I rolled it when I thought I had more time.

    El Skid on
  • Options
    InkSplatInkSplat 100%ed Bad Rats. Registered User regular
    edited November 2009
    Again the swarm pulses due to the rashness of its companions, seeming somewhat distracted by it, in fact.
    Initiative: 1d20 6 Well.. that sucks.

    Not doing anything though, but if anything comes charging at us, it might not be a bad idea to fall back and take advantage of Choke Point + Grasping Tide.

    InkSplat on
    Origin for Dragon Age: Inquisition Shenanigans: Inksplat776
  • Options
    Draw On Holy MightDraw On Holy Might Registered User regular
    edited November 2009
    Kazadim continued to move slowly forward into the cavern, back to the wall, and keeping his distance from his companions to give them room to work. They had spotted something up ahead, at the far end, but from back here, he could not see what it was.

    When the Drow dropped to the floor, he was ready to charge forward into action, but signals from her and the Halfling kept him at bay. He gritted his teeth, grip tightening around his sword, as he waited, peering around the lower outcropping in the wall, eyes fixed ahead, waiting for a sign to move in.
    Stealth (1d20-4, includes movement penalty) = 12
    Move to F6

    Initiative (1d20+1) = 14
    Standard: Ready an action to charge the first thing that isn't one of the party members

    Draw On Holy Might on
  • Options
    JoeslopJoeslop Registered User regular
    edited November 2009
    Ayliana sucked in her breath quietly when the Drow dropped, looking up to see what caused her to stop. She was far too close to whatever it was. She gritted her teeth and started moving forward as slowly as possible trying to avoid making any noise to alert the creature.
    Initiative: 1d20+2 22
    Sealth: 1d20-4 7
    Stealth move to E4, avoiding movement penalties

    Joeslop on
  • Options
    El SkidEl Skid The frozen white northRegistered User regular
    edited November 2009
    Paela waits in the shadows, preferring to remain concealed and see what happens.

    "Be really quiet, Jenny- We'll jump em as soon as they show themselves" she whispers quietly to...apparently noone.

    El Skid on
  • Options
    TiamatZTiamatZ Ghost puns The Banette of my existenceRegistered User regular
    edited November 2009
    Malryna takes a moment to breath a sigh of relief (but not too loud!) seeing that the clay monster didn't see any of her team members (or the ranger). I should try and get that Eladrin some oil for her armour, the ranger mused to herself. She puts up her right hand, indicating a door, and uses her left hand to point to the right, indicating a door on the right side of the cave. Hopefully the rest of the group could understand her signals.

    She quietly sneaks to the door, and opens it as quietly as she can. Once open, she whispers to her spider companion next to her, "Alright Black, just like we trained. You go left, and I go right. Click three times if you spot anything out of the ordinary. We'll try and lure some of them out so the others behind us can take care of them." The spider chitters of anticipation, feeling the adrenaline pumping through both the Drow and through itself.

    Both the ranger and the spider enter the room, anticipating any enemy to reveal themselves...
    Move Action #1: Malryna moves to F16 to open the door.
    End of movement: Stealth check: 25

    Minor Action: Open door at F16

    Move Action #2: Malryna moves to G17 and Blackfang moves to G15 to scout for more enemies.
    End of movement: Stealth check (Malryna): 18
    End of movement: Stealth check (Blackfang): 19

    TiamatZ on
  • Options
    robp85robp85 Registered User regular
    edited November 2009
    Couple of notes on how I like to work combat on a PbP. You can fight in blocks. What I mean is as long as there are no enemies/NPCs between whoever is next and you, you can go at any time. Second, if you could specify the damage you do in red and any status effects in orange, that would be great. Third, have fun and good luck :)

    Another note, since Malryna used two moves and a minor, I had the clay scouts go next since they're next in line.

    Let me know if you have any questions.

    Round 1

    As the drow turns the corner, she notices a second clay creature she didn't see at first. Almost simultaneously, she hears the chatter of Blackfang behind her notifying her of a third.

    Without hesitation, two of the three clay men move. The one to the west of the ranger floats over some hazardous ground and rings a bell obviously meant to notify someone or something of their presence. Meanwhile, the clay creature on the cliff takes a step back and fires a psychic attack against Malryna meant to slow the ranger down.

    Actions:
    Clay Scout 1:
    Readies action

    Clay Scout 2:
    Move: Move to E19
    Standard: Mind Touch vs Malryna (Ref:14) = 14
    Hit for 8 damage.
    Malryna is dazed (save ends).

    Clay Scout 3:
    Move: Fly to H10
    Standard: Ring bell

    Initiative:
    Malryna - 26
    Clay scout 1, 2, 3 - 23
    Ayliana - 22
    Paela - 19
    Kazadim - 14
    Flutter - 6

    Map:
    2jciqv8.png

    Note: Door at F16 is open.
    Ground where Clay Scout 3 is at is difficult terrain. Movement through there is difficult terrain unless you are successful at a DC10 Acrobatics or DC15 Perception check (free action).

    Status:
    Kazadim - 24/24 - AC18/F15/R15/W12 - HS 8/8 - AP 1/2
    @F6 - Status: Normal.
    Ayliana - 29/29 - AC20/F14/R14/W14 - HS 12/12 - AP 1/2
    @E4 - Status: Normal.
    Flutter - 28/28 - AC15/F13/R13/W15 - HS 10/10 - AP 1/2
    @D0 - Status: Normal.
    Malryna - 17/25 - AC16/F14/R14/W12 - HS 7/7 - AP 1/2
    @G17 - Status: Dazed (save ends) -- Blackfang @G15
    Paela - 25/25 - AC14/F11/R14/W16 - HS 7/7 - AP 1/2
    @B13 - Status: Normal.
    Clay Scout 1 - 31/31 - AC16/F13/R14/W15
    @C18 - Status: Superior Cover. Quarry (Malryna).
    Clay Scout 2 - 31/31 - AC16/F13/R14/W15
    @E19 - Status: Normal.
    Clay Scout 3 - 31/31 - AC16/F13/R14/W15
    @H10 - Status: Normal.

    Next up: Ayliana, Paela, Kazadim, Flutter, Malryna

    robp85 on
    Skard, Shifter Warden
    Basic Attack +26 vs AC -- Damage 1d10+19 (+5 if enemy is prone) (+2 if Longtooth Shifting is active)
  • Options
    InkSplatInkSplat 100%ed Bad Rats. Registered User regular
    edited November 2009
    The swarm of butterflies suddenly surges forward like a wave of color. After a short distance, the cloud of insects condenses into the form of an advancing humanoid. Flutter hardly pauses in her transformation before continuing forward into the cave.
    Move: D6
    Minor: Wildshape back, shift to D7.
    Standard to Move: B11.

    InkSplat on
    Origin for Dragon Age: Inquisition Shenanigans: Inksplat776
  • Options
    JoeslopJoeslop Registered User regular
    edited November 2009
    Ayliana lets loose with a growl at the Clay creature that she can see, going at an all out sprint to get as close as possible, invoking the power of Bahamut to compel the creature to focus on her above all others.
    Move: RUN to D11.
    Move x2: Continue RUNNING to D17.
    Minor: Use my Divine Challenge on the Clay Creature in C18. Burst 5, enemy gets a -2 to attack anyone but me, and also receives 3 + CHA mod (+1) damage if it does attack someone else.

    Joeslop on
  • Options
    Draw On Holy MightDraw On Holy Might Registered User regular
    edited November 2009
    Kazadim moved into action without hesitation, sword pointed ahead of him as if he were leading a charge.
    He cursed loudly as the bell from somewhere in the depths of the room beyond sounded throughout the cavern, entirely surprised at these creatures’ organization. He rushed forward, stopping just in front of the door his companion had stepped through.

    “Drow, are you alright? Regroup!”
    Move + Standard: Double move to E16

    Draw On Holy Might on
  • Options
    TiamatZTiamatZ Ghost puns The Banette of my existenceRegistered User regular
    edited November 2009
    The Drow's world was spinning around her uncontrollably. She could hear a faint bell from...somewhere. She could hear shouts from...behind her? She doesn't really know.

    Whatever these clay monsters hit her with, it was working; the Drow was having a hard time concentrating. She finally decided on getting her bearings straight, and stood fast (as much as she could with her mind messed up), trying to shrug off this strange daze...

    Blackfang merely stays her ground, leering at the monster ringing the bell...
    Standard Action: Take a Second Wind
    (I spend a healing surge and gain +2 to ALL my defenses [18 AC, 16 Fort, 16 Ref, 14 Will] until start of my next turn)

    HP back to 23/25

    Daze Saving Throw: 3 D:

    Look at all the pretty lights! :P

    TiamatZ on
  • Options
    El SkidEl Skid The frozen white northRegistered User regular
    edited November 2009
    Paela shook her head in disgust. I shouldn't have left the sneaking to amateurs.

    Abandoning stealth she dashed through the door and past the spider, turning to see a Clay....Thing. Pointing her staff at it, she released a green viscous bolt at the thing, striking it full in the chest and burning it horribly. She smiled brilliantly as the raw magic coursed through her body, thrilling in the feeling of power.
    Move: to H15
    Standard:Acid Orb vs Reflex on Scout 2: 1d20+5 24 1d10+8
    16


    Woo- 1 shot bloodied!

    Status:
    Kazadim - 24/24 - AC18/F15/R15/W12 - HS 8/8 - AP 1/2
    @E16 - Status: Normal.
    Ayliana - 29/29 - AC20/F14/R14/W14 - HS 12/12 - AP 1/2
    @D17 - Status: Normal.
    Flutter - 28/28 - AC15/F13/R13/W15 - HS 10/10 - AP 1/2
    @D0 - Status: Normal.
    Malryna - 23/25 - AC16/F14/R14/W12 - HS 7/7 - AP 1/2
    @G17 - Status: Dazed (save ends) -- Blackfang @G15
    Paela - 25/25 - AC14/F11/R14/W16 - HS 7/7 - AP 1/2
    @H15 - Status: Normal.
    Clay Scout 1 - 31/31 - AC16/F13/R14/W15
    @C18 - Status: Superior Cover. Quarry (Malryna), Divine Challenge (Ayliana).
    Clay Scout 2 - 15/31 - AC16/F13/R14/W15
    @E19 - Status: Normal.
    Clay Scout 3 - 31/31 - AC16/F13/R14/W15
    @H10 - Status: Normal.

    El Skid on
  • Options
    robp85robp85 Registered User regular
    edited November 2009
    Round 2

    The moving pieces of pottery continue their assault. The first scout, sensing the power of the paladin near it, attempts to affect Ayliana with the same psychic attack incurred on Malryna but the paladin's quick reflexes compels her to duck next to the wall causing the creature to lose its concentration on her.

    The second scout continues its assault on Malryna and is once again successful in causing mental agony to the drow.

    The final scout moves back to its original location before releasing its power on the sorceress. Paela's attempt to resist the attack falls short, however, and she too feels the pain as her brain is assaulted.

    As all this goes on, you can hear the faint sound of a growl, bark and curse as well as chains rattling from the other side of the door just on the other side of the rubble.

    Actions:
    Clay Scout 1:
    Standard: Mind Touch vs Ayliana (Ref:14) = 10 Miss!

    Clay Scout 2:
    Standard: Mind Touch vs Malryna (Ref:14+2) = 22 Hit for 7 damage!

    Clay Scout 3:
    Move: Fly to F12
    Standard: Mind Touch vs Paela (Ref:14) = 19 Hit for 7 damage and is dazed!

    Random noises from behind the door at G8.

    Initiative:
    Malryna
    Clay scout 1, 2, 3
    Ayliana
    Paela
    Kazadim
    Flutter

    Map:
    ega26d.png

    Note: Door at F16 is open.
    Ground where Clay Scout 3 is at is difficult terrain. Movement through there is difficult terrain unless you are successful at a DC10 Acrobatics or DC15 Perception check (free action).

    Status:
    Kazadim - 24/24 - AC18/F15/R15/W12 - HS 8/8 - AP 1/2
    @E16 - Status: Normal.
    Ayliana - 29/29 - AC20/F14/R14/W14 - HS 12/12 - AP 1/2
    @D17 - Status: Normal.
    Flutter - 28/28 - AC15/F13/R13/W15 - HS 10/10 - AP 1/2
    @B11 - Status: Normal.
    Malryna - 16/25 - AC16/F14/R14/W12 - HS 6/7 - AP 1/2
    @G17 - Status: Dazed (save ends). +2 to all defenses (EONT). -- Blackfang @G15 22/22 - AC15/F12/R13/W13 - HS 2/2
    Paela - 18/25 - AC14/F11/R14/W16 - HS 7/7 - AP 1/2
    @H15 - Status: Dazed (save ends).
    Clay Scout 1 - 31/31 - AC16/F13/R14/W15
    @C18 - Status: Superior Cover. Quarry (Malryna), Divine Challenge (Ayliana).
    Clay Scout 2 - 15/31 - AC16/F13/R14/W15
    @E19 - Status: Bloodied.
    Clay Scout 3 - 31/31 - AC16/F13/R14/W15
    @F12 - Status: Normal.

    Next up: Everyone!!!

    robp85 on
    Skard, Shifter Warden
    Basic Attack +26 vs AC -- Damage 1d10+19 (+5 if enemy is prone) (+2 if Longtooth Shifting is active)
  • Options
    El SkidEl Skid The frozen white northRegistered User regular
    edited November 2009
    Paela is taken off guard by the ferocity of the scout's attack, and wildly shoots off a bolt of wild magic at the ceiling, her ears ringing and her eyes seeing little except starts.
    Standard: Chaos Bolt vs Will vs scout 2: 1d20+5+1 7 1d10+8 15 MISS

    Save against Dazed: 1d20 6

    Yeeeeah.

    El Skid on
  • Options
    JoeslopJoeslop Registered User regular
    edited November 2009
    With a burst of arcane power, Ayliana disappears from her spot and reappears between the two closest Clay creatures. She swings her mace at the Clay creature in C18, smashing it into it's side. The creature continues focusing on her while the second one turns to her as well, determining her as the biggest threat.
    Move: Fey Step to teleport to D18.
    Standard: Both enemies by me are now marked.
    Piercing Smite: 1d20+6 19
    Damage: 2d10+3 7
    Minor: Divine Mettle on Paela, she gets to roll a Saving Throw immediately with a +1 bonus. She's in more immediate danger than the Drow.

    Status:
    Kazadim - 24/24 - AC18/F15/R15/W12 - HS 8/8 - AP 1/2
    @E16 - Status: Normal.
    Ayliana - 29/29 - AC20/F14/R14/W14 - HS 12/12 - AP 1/2
    @D17 - Status: Normal.
    Flutter - 28/28 - AC15/F13/R13/W15 - HS 10/10 - AP 1/2
    @B11 - Status: Normal.
    Malryna - 16/25 - AC16/F14/R14/W12 - HS 6/7 - AP 1/2
    @G17 - Status: Dazed (save ends). +2 to all defenses (EONT). -- Blackfang @G15 22/22 - AC15/F12/R13/W13 - HS 2/2
    Paela - 18/25 - AC14/F11/R14/W16 - HS 7/7 - AP 1/2
    @H15 - Status: Dazed (save ends).
    Clay Scout 1 - 24/31 - AC16/F13/R14/W15
    @C18 - Status: Superior Cover. Quarry (Malryna), Divine Challenge (Ayliana).
    Clay Scout 2 - 15/31 - AC16/F13/R14/W15
    @E19 - Status: Bloodied. Divine Challenge (Ayliana)
    Clay Scout 3 - 31/31 - AC16/F13/R14/W15
    @F12 - Status: Normal.

    Joeslop on
  • Options
    El SkidEl Skid The frozen white northRegistered User regular
    edited November 2009
    As the paladin appears suddenly nearby, the magical currents rippling outwards sweep away the lingering effect of the scout's attack, and Paela finds she can suddenly function again.

    El Skid on
  • Options
    InkSplatInkSplat 100%ed Bad Rats. Registered User regular
    edited November 2009
    Watching helplessly as her companions continue their rush forward, the Deva steps out onto the floor, peering straight ahead at the narrow slit in the wall. Her eyes pulse with violet fire as she reaches out--a sudden stream of indigo butterflies erupting forth, pouring through the crevice and swarming about the mud-forged guard.

    And seemingly just as quickly as she had taken humanoid shape again, Flutter blooms once more into a shifting cloud of darkly colored insects, protecting herself partially from the expected retribution.
    Weeell, since we're not luring them out..

    Move: C11
    Standard: Grasping Tide centered on C19. Grasping Tide vs Clay Scout 1 (Wis vs Fort (13)): 1d20+5 25 Hit!
    1d6+4 10

    ..wow. What a waste of a crit since I rolled max damage anyway. :lol:

    Effect: Grasping Tide: Until the end of my next turn, creates an Area 1 zone centered on C19. If Clay Scout 1 attempts to move out of that area I can make a secondary attack to knock him prone. Attack would be +5 vs Ref, which you can go ahead and roll if it becomes necessary.

    Minor: Wildshape into Beast form, meaning any melee or ranged attacks deal -3 damage to me.
    ---Move: Shift to B11 as part of Wild Shape

    InkSplat on
    Origin for Dragon Age: Inquisition Shenanigans: Inksplat776
  • Options
    Draw On Holy MightDraw On Holy Might Registered User regular
    edited November 2009
    “This battle has only just begun! Stand, and fight on!”

    Kazadim’s words resounded like a storm, yet flowed through the wounded Drow like a stream, filling her with renewed vigor and strength, though her mind was still clouded from the onslaught of these malicious clay men.

    He felt the release of energy behind him as the Eladrin disappeared behind the wall.
    With that, he continued his advance forward into the next room, now able to see what was happening in full scope. He went headlong into the cliff that was raised to the side, leaping at it in full stride before pulling himself up on top carefully, shield held up at the ready to protect himself from the awaiting enemy.

    “Eladrin!” He commanded, his voice still rife with intensity. “Strike this one, here!”
    He feinted with his own sword, leaving the Clay Scout open to the Paladin’s incoming mace.
    Woo, full turn.
    Minor: Inspiring Word on Malryna for surge (6) + 1d6 (5), which should put her back at full
    Move: To the bottom of the cliff at F18 (4 squares) and climb up to E18, which provokes from Clay Scout 2, but it's marked, so I'm not too worried about it
    Athletics check (1d20+8) = 26, which I hope would be sufficient

    Standard: Commander’s Strike on Clay Scout 2 @ E19
    Ayliana's basic melee (1d20+6) = 16, HIT!
    Damage (1d10+3+4) = 10, not bad

    Status:
    Kazadim - 24/24 - AC18/F15/R15/W12 - HS 8/8 - AP 1/2
    @E18 - Status: Normal.
    Ayliana - 29/29 - AC20/F14/R14/W14 - HS 12/12 - AP 1/2
    @D17 - Status: Normal.
    Flutter - 28/28 - AC15/F13/R13/W15 - HS 10/10 - AP 1/2
    @B11 - Status: Normal.
    Malryna - 25/25 - AC16/F14/R14/W12 - HS 5/7 - AP 1/2
    @G17 - Status: Dazed (save ends). +2 to all defenses (EONT). -- Blackfang @G15 22/22 - AC15/F12/R13/W13 - HS 2/2
    Paela - 18/25 - AC14/F11/R14/W16 - HS 7/7 - AP 1/2
    @H15 - Status: Dazed (save ends).
    Clay Scout 1 - 24/31 - AC16/F13/R14/W15
    @C18 - Status: Superior Cover. Quarry (Malryna), Divine Challenge (Ayliana).
    Clay Scout 2 - 5/31 - AC16/F13/R14/W15
    @E19 - Status: Bloodied. Divine Challenge (Ayliana)
    Clay Scout 3 - 31/31 - AC16/F13/R14/W15
    @F12 - Status: Normal.

    Draw On Holy Might on
  • Options
    TiamatZTiamatZ Ghost puns The Banette of my existenceRegistered User regular
    edited November 2009
    As the battle raged around her, the Drow was having her own battle of will inside of her. She could hear the Genasi's words flow through her, giving her more confidence and strength.

    She turns and moves to the bell ringing monster, with Blackfang in tow. Though the spider had difficulty in moving through the rocky surface, the Drow was able to move over it elegantly, even with her mind reeling in confusion.

    They both stopped in front of the clay beast, remaining vigilant for any attack from it should the beast try another blast against her allies.
    Perception check on Difficult terrain:
    Malryna: 20
    Blackfang: 5

    (ignore that one roll, I forgot to add a 'd' to it, so it looks like 127.)

    Move Action: Move Blackfang to G13, Move Malryna to F13 (going G14 -> F13)

    Daze saving throw : 9 :P

    Also my defenses return to normal at the start of my turn [ AC16/F14/R14/W12]

    I'm also not flanking the monster yet until I get this daze off me.But I can still attack it with an AoO should he try to range attack someone.

    TiamatZ on
  • Options
    robp85robp85 Registered User regular
    edited November 2009
    Round 3

    The battle rages on. One of the clay constructs tries to bite a chunk from Kazadim's arm as he climbs the cliff but the divine retribution from Ayliana takes its toll on the creature and distracts it enough to stop mid bite. It then turns to the paladin intent on exacting its revenge. The teeth clamp down hard on the shoulder of Ayliana but her armor is too strong barely causing her to notice.

    The clay creature in front of the paladin steps back and once again tries to assail Ayliana's mind but the eladrin easily defends the attack.

    The final clay scout also takes a careful step back and tries to attack the mind of Malryna but trips in the process of moving and loses its concentration enough to make the attack ineffective.

    The door in front of Blackfang and Malryna flies open. A gnoll steps through the now open door and dodges aside. Behind him, you see a twisted construct made of glowing blue rock. It looks like a giant crossbow on wheels and it seems to be screaming as it looses two bolts. One of the bolts, aimed at Malryna, connects with the homunculus in front of her while the other one sails true and strikes Blackfang in the midsection causing it considerable pain.
    Clay Scout 2 Attack of Opportunity:

    Clay Scout 2 does take an AoO against Kazadim. The scout takes 4 damage first and -2 to the attack roll.
    Clay Scout 2 AoO vs Kazadim (AC:18) = 12 Miss!

    Clay Scout 1:

    Move: Shift to B18
    Standard: Mind Touch vs Ayliana (Ref:14) = 11 Miss!

    Clay Scout 2:

    Standard: Bite vs Ayliana (AC:20) = 14 Miss!

    Clay Scout 3:

    Perception to move through rubble = 16 Success!
    Move: Shift to G11
    Standard: Mind Touch vs Malryna (Ref:14) = 6 Miss!

    The Hand of Torog:

    Standard: Opens the door at G8!
    Move: to H8

    Mutant Arbalester:

    Standard: Perverse Double Shot vs Clay Scout 3 and Blackfang!
    vs Clay Scout 3 (AC:16) = 18 Hit for 9 damage!
    vs Blackfang (AC:15) = 27 Hit for 10 damage!

    Initiative:
    Malryna
    Clay scout 1, 2, 3
    Mutant Arbalester
    Hand of Torog

    Ayliana
    Paela
    Kazadim
    Flutter

    Map:
    33y71cg.jpg

    Note: Door at F16 is open.
    Door at G8 is open.
    Ground where Clay Scout 3 is at is difficult terrain. Movement through there is difficult terrain unless you are successful at a DC10 Acrobatics or DC15 Perception check (free action).

    Status:
    Kazadim - 24/24 - AC18/F15/R15/W12 - HS 8/8 - AP 1/2
    @E18 - Status: Normal.
    Ayliana - 29/29 - AC20/F14/R14/W14 - HS 12/12 - AP 1/2
    @D18 - Status: Normal.
    Flutter - 28/28 - AC15/F13/R13/W15 - HS 10/10 - AP 1/2
    @B11 - Status: Normal.
    Malryna - 25/25 - AC16/F14/R14/W12 - HS 5/7 - AP 1/2
    @F13 - Status: Dazed (save ends). -- Blackfang @G13 12/22 - AC15/F12/R13/W13 - HS 2/2
    Paela - 18/25 - AC14/F11/R14/W16 - HS 7/7 - AP 1/2
    @H15 - Status: Normal.
    Clay Scout 1 - 14/31 - AC16/F13/R14/W15
    @B18 - Status: Bloodied. Quarry (Malryna), Divine Challenge (Ayliana).
    Clay Scout 2 - 1/31 - AC16/F13/R14/W15
    @E19 - Status: Bloodied. Divine Challenge (Ayliana).
    Clay Scout 3 - 22/31 - AC16/F13/R14/W15
    @G11 - Status: Normal.
    Mutant Arbalester - 36/36 - AC15/F14/R13/W14
    @G6 - Status: Normal.
    Hand of Torog - 52/52 - AC14/F15/R12/W12
    @H8 - Status: Normal.

    Next up: Everyone!

    robp85 on
    Skard, Shifter Warden
    Basic Attack +26 vs AC -- Damage 1d10+19 (+5 if enemy is prone) (+2 if Longtooth Shifting is active)
  • Options
    InkSplatInkSplat 100%ed Bad Rats. Registered User regular
    edited November 2009
    Hearing the sounds coming from the southern chamber, Flutter is once more "herself", making her way quickly across the cavern to peer through the opening. Seeing the new foes, she once more sends bits of essence forward--hundreds of butterflies surround the gnoll, searing him with their very presence and awaiting any misplaced step to allow them to knock him to the ground.
    Move: E13
    Minor: Wild shape into Deva form.
    Standard: Grasping Tide centered on H8.
    Grasping Tide vs Hand of Torog (Wis vs Ref(15)): 1d20+5 25 1d6+4 7 I am a critical machine! :P 10 damage to Hand of Torog.

    If Hand of Torog moves more than one square in any direction, I can make an opportunity attack (+5 vs Reflex) to knock him Prone.

    Feel free to roll that if it is applicable.

    Also note that I have +1 to my defenses vs bloodied creatures, just incase anything tries to retaliate.

    InkSplat on
    Origin for Dragon Age: Inquisition Shenanigans: Inksplat776
  • Options
    El SkidEl Skid The frozen white northRegistered User regular
    edited November 2009
    Paela edged forward and sent another blast of raw chaos forward at the scout, striking it full in the chest...and nothing happened. Huh. Must have been a dud.
    Move: shift to G14
    Standard: Chaos Bolt vs Will on Scout 3: 1d20+5 7 1d10+8 14
    (Even number = Paela gets +1 AC until EONT)

    Apparently, I am NOT a critical machine. Or a roll-higher-than-a-2-machine. :P

    El Skid on
  • Options
    Draw On Holy MightDraw On Holy Might Registered User regular
    edited November 2009
    Now severely wounded, the clay scout proved to be little match for the combined efforts of Kazadim and Ayliana. The genasi swung his sword in a wide arc, cleaving into the small creature, smashing it against the wall, where it crumbled into pieces of rock and mud.

    The screaming that followed rattled his nerves more than he would have liked, and he spun around, looking for the source of the horrific noise. He saw nothing, which made him worry, but the whistling of crossbow bolts and the unmistakable THUD! THUD! of them connecting with something other than the cavern walls left him with little time to deliberate on it further.

    The Eladrin can surely handle herself, especially now that there is only one of these things up here.
    He leaped back off the side of the cliff, rounding the corner, immediately ducking low as he ran, keeping his head behind his raised shield. He threw himself against the lower wall, staying behind cover.

    “Is everyone all right?”

    He tried to get the Drow's attention, urging her to get out of the open, before he risked a quick look around the corner to figure out what was going on.

    “What the hell is that thing?”
    Standard: Melee Basic on Clay Scout 2 @ E19
    Attack: 1d20+8 = 21, HIT!
    Damage: 1d8+4 = 12, down goes that one
    Move: To H14

    Status:
    Kazadim - 24/24 - AC18/F15/R15/W12 - HS 8/8 - AP 1/2
    @H14 - Status: Normal.
    Ayliana - 29/29 - AC20/F14/R14/W14 - HS 12/12 - AP 1/2
    @D18 - Status: Normal.
    Flutter - 28/28 - AC15/F13/R13/W15 - HS 10/10 - AP 1/2
    @B11 - Status: Normal.
    Malryna - 25/25 - AC16/F14/R14/W12 - HS 5/7 - AP 1/2
    @F13 - Status: Dazed (save ends). -- Blackfang @G13 12/22 - AC15/F12/R13/W13 - HS 2/2
    Paela - 18/25 - AC14/F11/R14/W16 - HS 7/7 - AP 1/2
    @H15 - Status: Normal.
    Clay Scout 1 - 14/31 - AC16/F13/R14/W15
    @B18 - Status: Bloodied. Quarry (Malryna), Divine Challenge (Ayliana).
    Clay Scout 2 - -11/31 - AC16/F13/R14/W15
    @E19 - Status: Dead! Divine Challenge (Ayliana)
    Clay Scout 3 - 22/31 - AC16/F13/R14/W15
    @G11 - Status: Normal.
    Mutant Arbalester - 36/36 - AC15/F14/R13/W14
    @G6 - Status: Normal.
    Hand of Torog - 52/52 - AC14/F15/R12/W12
    @H8 - Status: Normal.

    Draw On Holy Might on
  • Options
    JoeslopJoeslop Registered User regular
    edited November 2009
    As the Clay Scout behind her collapses, Ayliana takes a large step north and smashes the face of the first Clay Scout, shattering its head and dropping the body.

    "Fall back! Avoid the slits and the crossbow! Lead him to me!"
    Move: Shift one square up to C18.
    Standard: Holy Strike Clay 1: 1d20+6 19 Damage on Clay1: 1d10+5 15, Clay Scout 1 is also dead.

    Status:
    Kazadim - 24/24 - AC18/F15/R15/W12 - HS 8/8 - AP 1/2
    @H14 - Status: Normal.
    Ayliana - 29/29 - AC20/F14/R14/W14 - HS 12/12 - AP 1/2
    @D18 - Status: Normal.
    Flutter - 28/28 - AC15/F13/R13/W15 - HS 10/10 - AP 1/2
    @B11 - Status: Normal.
    Malryna - 25/25 - AC16/F14/R14/W12 - HS 5/7 - AP 1/2
    @F13 - Status: Dazed (save ends). -- Blackfang @G13 12/22 - AC15/F12/R13/W13 - HS 2/2
    Paela - 18/25 - AC14/F11/R14/W16 - HS 7/7 - AP 1/2
    @H15 - Status: Normal.
    Clay Scout 1 - -1/31 - AC16/F13/R14/W15
    @B18 - Status: Dead! Quarry (Malryna), Divine Challenge (Ayliana).
    Clay Scout 2 - -11/31 - AC16/F13/R14/W15
    @E19 - Status: Dead! Divine Challenge (Ayliana)
    Clay Scout 3 - 22/31 - AC16/F13/R14/W15
    @G11 - Status: Normal.
    Mutant Arbalester - 36/36 - AC15/F14/R13/W14
    @G6 - Status: Normal.
    Hand of Torog - 52/52 - AC14/F15/R12/W12
    @H8 - Status: Normal.

    Joeslop on
  • Options
    TiamatZTiamatZ Ghost puns The Banette of my existenceRegistered User regular
    edited November 2009
    This was not Malryna's day.

    “Is everyone all right?”

    Firstly her mind was attacked by clay monsters, preventing her from concentrating.

    “What the hell is that thing?”

    Secondly, a gnoll arrived, activating one of the cave's traps: a crossbow-like...thing. Lastly, her companion was badly wounded from the crossbow creature's attack. She needed to focus!

    "Fall back! Avoid the slits and the crossbow! Lead him to me!"

    As one, the Drow and the spider both moved back to the entrance of the door, out of the crossbow's range.

    She must focus!

    She's no good to her team like this! Crippled! Useless!

    But beaten??

    I don't think so! the Drow thought to herself.

    With one final mental assault to the monster's psychic grip,she closed her eyes, focused on the fight and then... it was gone.

    She was back in the game! And she was angry!

    Perception check on Difficult terrain:
    Malryna: 16
    Blackfang: 19

    Move Action: Move Blackfang to F15, Move Malryna to F17

    Daze saving throw : 17 HELL YEAH!

    The blue sentences are merely what the other PCs are saying during the fight.

    TiamatZ on
  • Options
    robp85robp85 Registered User regular
    edited November 2009
    Round 4

    Even with the loss of two of the defenders, the others fight on as viciously as before.

    The clay construct uses its psychic power to strike at Paela once more while floating back towards the corner away from the sight giant crossbow. The sorceress feels the sting of the attack as well as the confusion that follows from it all over again.

    The gnoll pushes forward towards the injured and confused Paela, ready to finish her off. Unfortunately, his steps were not sure as he kicked a stone that knocked him off balance. Flutter's butterflies take advantage of this little slip up and knock him to the ground before he can get to his target.

    The arbalest pushes itself forward, wanting to get closer but is held back. With all its effort, it can only creep up a few feet before the chains connected to it stop it. The creature seems to scream as it pulls back its string and launches yet another crossbow bolt out. The bolt soars over the prone gnoll and cuts across Paela's arm. It's obvious that the halfling can't take much more before losing consciousness.

    Actions:
    Clay Scout 3:

    Standard: Mind Touch vs Paela (Ref:14) = 15 Hit for 8 damage!
    Paela is dazed once again.
    Move: Fly to E10

    Hand of Torog:

    Move: Attempts to move to F13, but first...
    Flutter's attempt to knock him prone at G10 vs Hand of Torog (Ref:12) = 23 Hit!
    Hand of Torog is now prone at G10.

    Mutant Arbalester:

    Move: Moves to G7
    Standard: Bolt vs Paela (AC:14) = 23 Hit for 4 damage!
    And a 1 on the damage roll keeps Paela conscious. Hehe.

    Initiative:
    Malryna
    Clay scout 3
    Mutant Arbalester
    Hand of Torog

    Ayliana
    Paela
    Kazadim
    Flutter

    Map:
    258oz69.png

    Note: Door at F16 is open.
    Door at G8 is open.
    Ground where Clay Scout 3 is at is difficult terrain. Movement through there is difficult terrain unless you are successful at a DC10 Acrobatics or DC15 Perception check (free action).

    Status:
    Kazadim - 24/24 - AC18/F15/R15/W12 - HS 8/8 - AP 1/2
    @H14 - Status: Normal.
    Ayliana - 29/29 - AC20/F14/R14/W14 - HS 12/12 - AP 1/2
    @C18 - Status: Normal.
    Flutter - 28/28 - AC15/F13/R13/W15 - HS 10/10 - AP 1/2
    @E13 - Status: Normal.
    Malryna - 25/25 - AC16/F14/R14/W12 - HS 5/7 - AP 1/2
    @F17 - Status: Normal. -- Blackfang @F15 12/22 - AC15/F12/R13/W13 - HS 2/2
    Paela - 6/25 - AC14/F11/R14/W16 - HS 7/7 - AP 1/2
    @G14 - Status: Dazed (save ends). Bloodied.
    Clay Scout 3 - 22/31 - AC16/F13/R14/W15
    @E10 - Status: Normal.
    Mutant Arbalester - 36/36 - AC15/F14/R13/W14
    @G7 - Status: Normal.
    Hand of Torog - 42/52 - AC14/F15/R12/W12
    @G10 - Status: Prone.

    Next up: Everyone!

    robp85 on
    Skard, Shifter Warden
    Basic Attack +26 vs AC -- Damage 1d10+19 (+5 if enemy is prone) (+2 if Longtooth Shifting is active)
  • Options
    JoeslopJoeslop Registered User regular
    edited November 2009
    The Halfling was taking a LOT of punishment; she needed help and needed it now. Dropping down the small cliff face and running through the door, Ayliana stopped by the dazed looking Halfling. She grabbed her, shaking her a little to help her focus and regain some of her focus.

    "Get behind me! I'll cover your retreat!"

    Action
    Move: Down the cliff to G15.
    Standard: First Aid to Paela: 1d20+2 11
    Paela can now use a Second Wind without taking an action, though she doesn't get the defense bonuses, so she recovers 6 HP.

    Status:
    Kazadim - 24/24 - AC18/F15/R15/W12 - HS 8/8 - AP 1/2
    @H14 - Status: Normal.
    Ayliana - 29/29 - AC20/F14/R14/W14 - HS 12/12 - AP 1/2
    @C18 - Status: Normal.
    Flutter - 28/28 - AC15/F13/R13/W15 - HS 10/10 - AP 1/2
    @E13 - Status: Normal.
    Malryna - 25/25 - AC16/F14/R14/W12 - HS 5/7 - AP 1/2
    @F17 - Status: Normal. -- Blackfang @F15 12/22 - AC15/F12/R13/W13 - HS 2/2
    Paela - 12/25 - AC14/F11/R14/W16 - HS 7/7 - AP 1/2
    @G14 - Status: Dazed (save ends). Bloodied.
    Clay Scout 3 - 22/31 - AC16/F13/R14/W15
    @E10 - Status: Normal.
    Mutant Arbalester - 36/36 - AC15/F14/R13/W14
    @G7 - Status: Normal.
    Hand of Torog - 42/52 - AC14/F15/R12/W12
    @G10 - Status: Prone.

    Joeslop on
  • Options
    El SkidEl Skid The frozen white northRegistered User regular
    edited November 2009
    Paela hears something from Ayliana, but the battering her poor head had sustained rendered it inaudible. Besides, she was mad now. Gathering up all the magic she could hold, she unleashed it on her tormentor...Again though, her magic was inneffective, and a burst of flame blew a hole in the rough ground just short of the golem. Suddenly she felt...a bit overwheled, and managed to find the door and fling herself through it and around the corner, panting from the exertion. Already, though, her head began to clear once more.
    Chromatic Orb vs Reflex on Clay Scout: 1d20+5 9 3d10+8 21

    Even number, so +1 AC for the turn. Goddamit.

    Okay, so AP- RUN AWAY into the door and to E14 (opposite side of the wall)

    EOT: Save vs Dazed: 1d20 19 Dazed is removed.

    El Skid on
  • Options
    InkSplatInkSplat 100%ed Bad Rats. Registered User regular
    edited November 2009
    Watching as the gnoll is knocked to the ground, but also as her allies are beaten into a retreat, Flutter whispers quietly to the butterflies around her--the message seems to be immediately heard by those within the chamber as well though as they swarm over the two creatures within.

    The clay scout bats at the seemingly harmless insects, but as he touches them, a bright light flashes and only dust remains behind.

    The gnoll attempts to roll away, hoping his position on the ground will save him, but the butterflies themselves have seen similar hopes over the course of a thousand lifetimes, and so they alter their course, battering the fallen beast with searing power.
    Standard: Grasping Tide centered on F9.
    Grasping Tide vs HoT/CS3 (Fort 15/13): 1d20+5 10 1d20+5 23 1d6+4 9

    Memory of a Thousand Lifetimes: 1d6 6 applying that to my attack roll versus the Hand of Torog.

    Hand of Torog: Hit! 9 damage.
    Clay Scout 3: Hit! 9 damage. Dead!

    If Hand of Torog tries to move forward even a single square, he has to get past my butterflies per Grasping Tide.

    InkSplat on
    Origin for Dragon Age: Inquisition Shenanigans: Inksplat776
  • Options
    robp85robp85 Registered User regular
    edited November 2009
    Actually, Ink, the clay scout has 13 more hp. It had 22 before you hit it. Unless I'm missing something which could always be the case.

    robp85 on
    Skard, Shifter Warden
    Basic Attack +26 vs AC -- Damage 1d10+19 (+5 if enemy is prone) (+2 if Longtooth Shifting is active)
  • Options
    Draw On Holy MightDraw On Holy Might Registered User regular
    edited November 2009
    “We shall not fall here! Keep fighting!”

    Though his words were meant to encourage everyone, he spoke directly to Paela as she pulled herself around the corner for a moment of respite from the ensuing battle. As her mind unclouded from the vicious attack of the clay scout, she also felt her spirit bolstered and her resolve returning, as the genasi’s words, powerful like the crashing waves, yet smooth like velvet, even in this time of urgency, renewed her.

    Now that they had all managed to regroup, the battle would surely be theirs to take.
    He gave a nod to Ayliana, as he crouched down in his corner defensively, sword held back, ready to strike at the first of these monstrosities to come upon them in their new position.

    Actions:
    Minor: Inspiring Word on Paela for 6 (surge) + 1d6 (4) = 10
    Standard: Ready Action to make a basic melee attack against the first enemy within reach
    Melee Basic for readied action
    Attack: 1d20+8 = 11, Miss!

    Status:
    Kazadim - 24/24 - AC18/F15/R15/W12 - HS 8/8 - AP 1/2
    @H14 - Status: Normal.
    Ayliana - 29/29 - AC20/F14/R14/W14 - HS 12/12 - AP 1/2
    @G15 - Status: Normal.
    Flutter - 28/28 - AC15/F13/R13/W15 - HS 10/10 - AP 1/2
    @E13 - Status: Normal.
    Malryna - 25/25 - AC16/F14/R14/W12 - HS 5/7 - AP 1/2
    @F17 - Status: Normal. -- Blackfang @F15 12/22 - AC15/F12/R13/W13 - HS 2/2
    Paela - 22/25 - AC14/F11/R14/W16 - HS 5/7 - AP 1/2
    @E14 - Status: Normal.
    Clay Scout 3 - 13/31 - AC16/F13/R14/W15
    @E10 - Status: Normal.
    Mutant Arbalester - 36/36 - AC15/F14/R13/W14
    @G7 - Status: Normal.
    Hand of Torog - 33/52 - AC14/F15/R12/W12
    @G10 - Status: Prone.

    Draw On Holy Might on
  • Options
    TiamatZTiamatZ Ghost puns The Banette of my existenceRegistered User regular
    edited November 2009
    Malryna hears the battle occuring past the door. After the halfling runs through the door and stays behind the Drow, Malryna removes her Boomerang from her belt, looks at her companion and says.

    "Stay here, I'll be back."

    She rushes throughthe door, past the Eladrin, and walks over the rocky surface as though it was flat.

    With expert precision, the Drow hurls her boomerang to the clay abomination, nearly cleaving the monster's head off in mid-flight. And like her loyal companion, the weapon returns to her side, ready for another go.

    "You're next beasty! Tell us where the prisoners are, and we might let you go!", as she points her knife to the prone Gnoll.

    Action:
    Minor Action: Draw my Boomerang
    Move Action: Move to F13 (Perception Roll: 27 (Natural 20))
    Standard Action: Throw my Boomerang to Clay Scout 3 (E10): 1d20+5 vs. AC ; 1d6+5 = 25 (Natural 20); 11

    My Drow Knife is in my off-hand, since I held it before going into the cave.

    Also: My first and second natural 20 in a fight, in one round! :mrgreen:

    Status:
    Kazadim - 24/24 - AC18/F15/R15/W12 - HS 8/8 - AP 1/2
    @H14 - Status: Normal.
    Ayliana - 29/29 - AC20/F14/R14/W14 - HS 12/12 - AP 1/2
    @G15 - Status: Normal.
    Flutter - 28/28 - AC15/F13/R13/W15 - HS 10/10 - AP 1/2
    @E13 - Status: Normal.
    Malryna - 25/25 - AC16/F14/R14/W12 - HS 5/7 - AP 1/2
    @F17 - Status: Normal. -- Blackfang @F15 12/22 - AC15/F12/R13/W13 - HS 2/2
    Paela - 22/25 - AC14/F11/R14/W16 - HS 5/7 - AP 1/2
    @E14 - Status: Normal.
    Clay Scout 3 - 2/31 - AC16/F13/R14/W15
    @E10 - Status: Normal.
    Mutant Arbalester - 36/36 - AC15/F14/R13/W14
    @G7 - Status: Normal.
    Hand of Torog - 33/52 - AC14/F15/R12/W12
    @G10 - Status: Prone.

    TiamatZ on
  • Options
    El SkidEl Skid The frozen white northRegistered User regular
    edited November 2009
    The ball of fire that had singed the ground takes this time to raise itself into the air, starting to crackle slightly. It then emits a bolt of lightning into the scout, burning it to cinders.

    The ball then emits what seems like a *sniff* before lowering itself gently into the ground once more.
    Whoooooops 7 lightning damage to the scout (forgot 1d10 miss damage- sorry argh)

    El Skid on
  • Options
    robp85robp85 Registered User regular
    edited November 2009
    Round 5

    The gnoll's will to fight seems to be waning. He stands to his feet and scoots back towards the corner, making sure he's not in the way of the animated crossbow.

    Meanwhile, the arbalest loads another magical bolt into itself and launches it at the paladin. Ayliana easily ducks the bolt and it flies over her harmlessly striking the cave wall behind her.

    Actions:
    Hand of Torog:

    Move: Stand up
    Standard: Move to H8
    Flutters attempt to knock the Hand prone (Ref:12) = 9 Miss!

    Mutant Arbalester:

    Standard: Bolt vs Ayliana (AC:20) = 12 Miss!

    Initiative:
    Malryna
    Mutant Arbalester
    Hand of Torog

    Ayliana
    Paela
    Kazadim
    Flutter

    Map:
    cndp5.png

    Note: Door at F16 is open.
    Door at G8 is open.
    Ground where Clay Scout 3 is at is difficult terrain. Movement through there is difficult terrain unless you are successful at a DC10 Acrobatics or DC15 Perception check (free action).

    Status:
    Kazadim - 24/24 - AC18/F15/R15/W12 - HS 8/8 - AP 1/2
    @H14 - Status: Normal.
    Ayliana - 29/29 - AC20/F14/R14/W14 - HS 12/12 - AP 1/2
    @G15 - Status: Normal.
    Flutter - 28/28 - AC15/F13/R13/W15 - HS 10/10 - AP 1/2
    @E13 - Status: Normal.
    Malryna - 25/25 - AC16/F14/R14/W12 - HS 5/7 - AP 1/2
    @F13 - Status: Normal. -- Blackfang @F15 12/22 - AC15/F12/R13/W13 - HS 2/2
    Paela - 22/25 - AC14/F11/R14/W16 - HS 5/7 - AP 0/2
    @E14 - Status: Normal.
    Mutant Arbalester - 36/36 - AC15/F14/R13/W14
    @G7 - Status: Normal.
    Hand of Torog - 33/52 - AC14/F15/R12/W12
    @H8 - Status: Normal.

    Next up: Everyone!

    robp85 on
    Skard, Shifter Warden
    Basic Attack +26 vs AC -- Damage 1d10+19 (+5 if enemy is prone) (+2 if Longtooth Shifting is active)
  • Options
    JoeslopJoeslop Registered User regular
    edited November 2009
    With an Elven battle cry, Ayliana charged into the corner where the gnoll was hiding. Holding the gnoll back would be easy but the arbalester was causing problems. She used her momentum to swing hard at the thing but hit a heavily armor spot, doing no visible damage. She sneered at it while asking Bahamut to compel the gnoll to focus on her.
    Move: Run to G8.
    Torog OA: Torog OA to Ayliana: 1d20 20 (of course. I didn't know his attack bonus or damage so I just winged it.)
    Standard: Challenging Strike on Arbalester: 1d20+6 9 MISS
    Minor: Divine Challenge on the Hand of Torog.

    Joeslop on
  • Options
    robp85robp85 Registered User regular
    edited November 2009
    Ayliana passes in front of the gnoll with her defenses lowered just long enough for the Hand to take a swing with his axe at her. It easily connects with the paladin. The weapon bites deep into Ayliana's arm drawing blood from her for the first time this fight. A vicious smile crosses shows on the face of the gnoll as the scent of fresh blood fills his nostrils.
    Ouch, a crit on the AoO when you roll it. Bummer. Looks like Ayliana take 13 damage from the Hands attack.

    Ayliana is at 16/29 now.

    robp85 on
    Skard, Shifter Warden
    Basic Attack +26 vs AC -- Damage 1d10+19 (+5 if enemy is prone) (+2 if Longtooth Shifting is active)
  • Options
    Draw On Holy MightDraw On Holy Might Registered User regular
    edited November 2009
    Kazadim wasted no time in following the Paladin, bringing the battle to their enemies.
    He was hasty, however, and the treacherous ground checked his advance. He cursed silently in Melora’s name at the infernal and twisted construction of all things underground (why couldn’t they all be as open and beautiful as the sea?)

    Wasting too much time navigating safely through the rocks and rubble, he let out a cry of frustration and leapt from an outcropping and charged sword-first into the slavering gnoll. The beast, not able to act quickly enough from its attack on the Paladin, brought its axe to bear the brunt of the attack, but Kazadim’s blade still pierced its vile flesh.

    “Rotten creature! I will send you from this land in pieces!”

    He glanced towards Ayliana, checking the severity of her wound. He attempted to calm her nerves and see her through the injury, but she seemed far too focused on the battle at hand to heed his words for now.

    Free: Acrobatics to ignore the difficult terrain; (1d20-2) = 6, fail
    Move: To G12 (6 squares total)
    Standard: Charge to H9 to attack the Hand of Torog
    Attack: (1d20+8) = 19, HIT!
    Damage: (1d8+4) = 8, should bloody the gnoll
    Action Point: Heal check on Ayliana to trigger second wind; (1d20) = 6, FAIL, god dammit

    Status:
    Kazadim - 24/24 - AC18/F15/R15/W12 - HS 8/8 - AP 0/2
    @H9 - Status: Normal.
    Ayliana - 16/29 - AC20/F14/R14/W14 - HS 12/12 - AP 1/2
    @G8 - Status: Normal.
    Flutter - 28/28 - AC15/F13/R13/W15 - HS 10/10 - AP 1/2
    @E13 - Status: Normal.
    Malryna - 25/25 - AC16/F14/R14/W12 - HS 5/7 - AP 1/2
    @F13 - Status: Normal. -- Blackfang @F15 12/22 - AC15/F12/R13/W13 - HS 2/2
    Paela - 22/25 - AC14/F11/R14/W16 - HS 5/7 - AP 0/2
    @E14 - Status: Normal.
    Mutant Arbalester - 36/36 - AC15/F14/R13/W14
    @G7 - Status: Normal.
    Hand of Torog - 25/52 - AC14/F15/R12/W12
    @H8 - Status: Bloodied.

    Draw On Holy Might on
Sign In or Register to comment.