Options

[D&D 4e IC] Den of the Slavetakers

13567

Posts

  • Options
    InkSplatInkSplat 100%ed Bad Rats. Registered User regular
    edited November 2009
    Flutter wonders silently why everyone decided to run towards the beast she had been working so hard to keep away from them. Shaking her head, the deva moves around and into the chamber.

    She silently extends her hand, sending yet another wave of butterflies to seek out her foe--only this time they descend upon the second opponent, battering it with a powerful magic wind.

    And once more she falls apart, her singular form dissolving into a thousand thousand fragments.
    Move: G15

    Standard: Grasping Tide centered on G6.
    Grasping Tide vs MA (+5 vs Fort (14)): 1d20+5 22 Hit! 1d6+4 10 damage.

    Minor: Wildshape into Swarm, gaining resist 3 vs melee and ranged attacks.

    InkSplat on
    Origin for Dragon Age: Inquisition Shenanigans: Inksplat776
  • Options
    El SkidEl Skid The frozen white northRegistered User regular
    edited November 2009
    Having taken her chance to rest momentarily, Paela heared the sounds of battle coming from the other chamber and peeked out the door. Seeing the enemies well and truly engaged with her compatriots, she carefully pointed her staff at the Mutant and let loose a bolt of acid...which splattered against the wall beside the thing's head.

    I'm starting to get ticked off. she thought bitterly. The thrill of magic coursing through her veins was her only small comfort, and even that was starting to become secondary to her inability to have any effect on her enemies.
    Move: Walk to G16
    Acid Orb vs Reflex: 1d20+5 10 1d10+8 14 MISS

    El Skid on
  • Options
    TiamatZTiamatZ Ghost puns The Banette of my existenceRegistered User regular
    edited November 2009
    Malryna spots the charging Eladrin in trouble.

    What were you thinking!? the Drow mused. Charging headlong into an Arbelester! No wonder paladins are so few; they were probably all dead being just as foolish as this woman running into danger!

    Moving with the same grace as the other surface fey warrior, Malryna moves to finish off the Gnoll. Before doing that however, she taps into her dark elven heritage (one she heard was forged from an evil spider deity named Lolth) and releases a dark cloud around her, enveloping the Genasi, herself, and the Gnoll. Sure the Waterwalker would be momentarily blinded, but it could save him from an attack from the gnoll, shrouding him in darkness, and hoping letting him focus on the paladin more. As a bonus, the gnoll would be blinded, forcing him to move into the Drow's allies, where they were prepared to unleash volleys of spells and magic at the poor beast.

    But the Drow trained herself in this artificial darkness, knowing to listen to the faint breathing of the enemies around her instead of viewing the fight with her eyes. With what sounded like to be the gnoll, Malryna thrusts her Long Knife into the gnoll's left thigh, hopefully hindering the beast.
    Move action: Move to I9 (Perception roll: 20)
    Minor Action: Cast Cloud of Darkness
    Encounter Minor Action Close burst 1
    Effect: The burst creates a cloud of darkness that remains in place until the end of your next turn. The cloud blocks line of sight, squares within it are totally obscured, and creatures entirely within it are blinded until they exit. You are immune to these effects.

    Which means I can still hit him as though he wasn't obscured (-5 on an attack roll i think)

    Standard Action: Circling Strike on Hand of Torog (At-Will)
    (1d20+7 vs. AC = 23 HIT! )
    Damage: 1d6+5 = 9
    and Blackfang shifts to F16

    Status:
    Kazadim - 24/24 - AC18/F15/R15/W12 - HS 8/8 - AP 0/2
    @H9 - Status: Normal.
    Ayliana - 16/29 - AC20/F14/R14/W14 - HS 12/12 - AP 1/2
    @G8 - Status: Normal.
    Flutter - 28/28 - AC15/F13/R13/W15 - HS 10/10 - AP 1/2
    @E13 - Status: Normal.
    Malryna - 25/25 - AC16/F14/R14/W12 - HS 5/7 - AP 1/2
    @F13 - Status: Normal. -- Blackfang @F15 12/22 - AC15/F12/R13/W13 - HS 2/2
    Paela - 22/25 - AC14/F11/R14/W16 - HS 5/7 - AP 0/2
    @E14 - Status: Normal.
    Mutant Arbalester - 36/36 - AC15/F14/R13/W14
    @G7 - Status: Normal.
    Hand of Torog - 16/52 - AC14/F15/R12/W12
    @H8 - Status: Bloodied.

    TiamatZ on
  • Options
    robp85robp85 Registered User regular
    edited November 2009
    Round 6

    The animated crossbow inches its way back, putting some distance between it and the paladin. The creature seems to scream again and an unholy wail fills the cave. Another two bolts are magically loaded into the weapon and it fires both. Ayliana dodges one only to have it hit some of the butterflies that is Flutter behind her and sail over the head of Paela. The second one, though, finds its mark. The bolt slams into the shoulder of the paladin and though it doesn't pierce the armor, definitely dents it and causes an excruciating pain to shoot through the eladrin's shoulder.

    The Hand of Torog, now surrounded in darkness, wildly swings his axe. Though under almost any other circumstance Ayliana would block the attack, the confusion with the dark cloud and the arbalester taking shots at her distracts her enough to catch her completely off guard. The small chance of the Hand connecting turns into a major victory for him as he bursts through the cloud and runs out of the room away from his enemies leaving one dying hero in his wake.

    Actions:
    Mutant Arbalester:

    Move: Shift to G6
    Standard: Perverse Double Shot vs Ayliana and Flutter
    Bolt vs Ayliana (AC:20) = 27 Hit for 6 damage!
    Bolt vs Flutter (AC:15) = 25 Hit for 5 damage (damage resistance taken into account)!

    Hand of Torog:

    Standard: Battleaxe vs Ayliana (AC:20): 1d20+7-5 = 22 Ouch! Crit!!!
    Hit Ayliana for 16 damage!
    Ayliana is down!
    Move: Move to K7

    Ayliana and Malryna both get an OA against the Hand of Torog. Hopefully you two can stop him from fleeing.

    Initiative:
    Malryna
    Mutant Arbalester
    Hand of Torog

    Ayliana
    Paela
    Kazadim
    Flutter

    Map:
    2hs6pf9.png

    Note: Door at F16 is open.
    Door at G8 is open.
    Triangles mark difficult terrain. Movement through there is difficult unless you are successful at a DC10 Acrobatics or DC15 Perception check (free action).
    Burst 1 centered on I9 is Malryna's Cloud of Darkness.

    Status:
    Kazadim - 24/24 - AC18/F15/R15/W12 - HS 8/8 - AP 1/2
    @H9 - Status: Normal.
    Ayliana - -6/29 - AC20/F14/R14/W14 - HS 12/12 - AP 1/2
    @G8 - Status: 0/3 Dying.
    Flutter - 23/28 - AC15/F13/R13/W15 - HS 10/10 - AP 1/2
    @G15 - Status: Normal.
    Malryna - 25/25 - AC16/F14/R14/W12 - HS 5/7 - AP 1/2
    @I9 - Status: Normal. -- Blackfang @F16 12/22 - AC15/F12/R13/W13 - HS 2/2
    Paela - 22/25 - AC14/F11/R14/W16 - HS 5/7 - AP 0/2
    @G16 - Status: Normal.
    Mutant Arbalester - 26/36 - AC15/F14/R13/W14
    @G6 - Status: Normal.
    Hand of Torog - 16/52 - AC14/F15/R12/W12
    @K7 - Status: Bloodied. Ayliana and Malryna both get an OA against the Hand.

    EDIT:
    Couldn't get the Hand to exit the room without attacking so I had to modify his actions. Unfortunately, I crit on the roll and dropped Ayliana allowing the Hand to escape anyway. IMPORTANT NOTE: You can still see the gnoll. He's just one space south of the map right now.

    Next up: Everyone!

    robp85 on
    Skard, Shifter Warden
    Basic Attack +26 vs AC -- Damage 1d10+19 (+5 if enemy is prone) (+2 if Longtooth Shifting is active)
  • Options
    TiamatZTiamatZ Ghost puns The Banette of my existenceRegistered User regular
    edited November 2009
    The Drow hears the bloodied gnoll's footsteps, trying to escape the darkness.

    "Not if I have anything to say you don't"
    , Malyna bellows and hacks at the gnoll's last location.

    Unfortunately for her, the knife misses her target by a few inches, and the gnoll runs out of the ranger's cloud of darkness...
    Attack of Opportunity on Hand:
    (1d20 + 7 vs. AC) = 11 Miss!

    Will post my turn later; just wanted to get that AoO out of the way.

    TiamatZ on
  • Options
    JoeslopJoeslop Registered User regular
    edited November 2009
    OA against Torog: 1d20+6 11
    Also a miss.
    Lame. Full post will be up later tonight.

    Joeslop on
  • Options
    InkSplatInkSplat 100%ed Bad Rats. Registered User regular
    edited November 2009
    Watching her allies allow the gnoll to escape after she worked so hard to keep him in place, the cloud of butterflies suddenly rushes forward, moving after the fleeing beast.

    Once she closes in, she takes back her solid form, only to suddenly release a nova of indigo insects that radiates outward to catch both the gnoll and the arbalaster--though the doorway protects her fallen comrade.

    The wave of butterflies tears through the gnoll, leaving him in two pieces, while the giant crossbow is simply rattled.

    Returning to their source, the butterflies swirl around Flutter, protecting her in the exposed position she had put herself in for the greater good.
    Move: G9
    Move (AP): I8
    Minor: Wildshape into Deva form.
    Standard: Fog of Insects vs MA/HoT (+5 vs Fort(14/15)): 1d20+5 10 1d20+5 22 2d10+4 17

    Mutant Arbalaster: Miss. 8 damage.
    Hand of Torog: Hit! 17 damage. Hand of Torog is dead!

    Flutter gains +2 to all defenses until the end of the encounter. Also she has +1 to all defenses vs bloodied creatures, so a total of +3 vs the Arbalaster.

    InkSplat on
    Origin for Dragon Age: Inquisition Shenanigans: Inksplat776
  • Options
    El SkidEl Skid The frozen white northRegistered User regular
    edited November 2009
    Confident the fight is almost over, Paela charged forward, skipping through the rubble as though it wasn't there. Stopping, she glared at the Arbalester with hatred and deliberately drew a large ball of acid from thin air and levitated it with her staff momentarily before hurling it past Ayliana and into the startled Arbalester, who could not quite get out of the way fast enough. Its fur started to sizzle noislily and Paela pumped a hand in celebration.

    Yes!
    Acrobatics TN 10: 1d20+6 17
    Move to G11
    Acid Orb vs Reflex: 1d20+5 13 1d10+8 13


    Status:
    Kazadim - 24/24 - AC18/F15/R15/W12 - HS 8/8 - AP 1/2
    @H9 - Status: Normal.
    Ayliana - -6/29 - AC20/F14/R14/W14 - HS 12/12 - AP 1/2
    @G8 - Status: 0/3 Dying.
    Flutter - 23/28 - AC15/F13/R13/W15 - HS 10/10 - AP 1/2
    @I8 - Status: Normal.
    Malryna - 25/25 - AC16/F14/R14/W12 - HS 5/7 - AP 1/2
    @I9 - Status: Normal. -- Blackfang @F16 12/22 - AC15/F12/R13/W13 - HS 2/2
    Paela - 22/25 - AC14/F11/R14/W16 - HS 5/7 - AP 0/2
    @G11 - Status: Normal.
    Mutant Arbalester - 5/36 - AC15/F14/R13/W14
    @G6 - Status: Bloodied.

    El Skid on
  • Options
    Draw On Holy MightDraw On Holy Might Registered User regular
    edited November 2009
    As the darkness suddenly enveloped everything around him, Kazadim panicked.

    “These damn creatures! I can’t see!”

    He swung his sword around widly, lunging forward at where he was certain the gnoll had just been… but the clatter of his sword against the hard cavern wall told him otherwise. He heard the exasperated sounds of combat around him, the clanking of steel on armor, the bloodthirsty howl of the gnoll, and as the sound of a body hit the ground next to him, he burst forward from the cloud of unnatural shadows. He found Ayliana down, a mortal wound carved into her side, still clutching her weapon.

    He growled low, gritting his teeth against the anger.

    “You god damn monsters! I will send you all to the Abyss!”

    He ran through door and out into the next room.
    He caught part of the carnage in the south out of the corner of his eye, and as the pieces of the gnoll fell to the floor, Kazadim charged into the awaiting arbalester.

    Standard: Charge to G7 to attack the Arbalester
    Attack: (1d20+9, charge bonus) = 26, HIT!
    Damage: (1d8+4) = 10, down it goes, finally

    Draw On Holy Might on
  • Options
    JoeslopJoeslop Registered User regular
    edited November 2009
    Ayliana suddenly drew in a lungful of air, coughing; she slowly and painfully dragged her helmet off which had shifted when she fell. She lay there gasping for breath, looking up at her companions, her green eyes glowing in the low light.

    "Are...they...dead?"

    Upon hearing confirmation of the death of the gnoll, Ayliana grabbed her mace and helmet, shakily getting to her feet.
    "Damn...I was hoping to interrogate the gnoll. Could have led us right there." She spits a mouthful of blood off to the side, "I don't doubt there will be more at least. How is everyone holding up?"
    I'm using 3 healing surges, which should put me back at full + whatever it was that brought me back to life.

    Joeslop on
  • Options
    robp85robp85 Registered User regular
    edited November 2009
    Combat Completed!

    Congratulations, all. You each get 270 xp for combat.

    As you all search the remains of everything around, you find that the equipment the gnoll had was quite mundane, the clay scouts wore no armor or used any equipment and the arbalester seemed to be made of the same stuff as the homunculus.

    However, Flutter does see a hallway that seems to come to a dead end to the east of where she currently stands.

    Nothing seems to be coming to the aid of the defenders giving you some time to rest and look around.

    Map:
    w2ga40.png
    Let me know when you're ready to move on and what you'd like to do. Of course, you're out of initiative now since combat has ended so you don't need to wait for anyone.

    Who's who of Encounter One:
    The Tank: Ayliana taking 29 damage total.
    The Killer: Kazadim with 2 kills.
    The Most Feared By Enemies: Flutter doing a total of 72 damage.
    The Critical Machine: Flutter with 2 crits.
    The Healer: Kazadim healing 19 damage total.
    The Dice Hates: Paela. Missed five attacks.

    robp85 on
    Skard, Shifter Warden
    Basic Attack +26 vs AC -- Damage 1d10+19 (+5 if enemy is prone) (+2 if Longtooth Shifting is active)
  • Options
    InkSplatInkSplat 100%ed Bad Rats. Registered User regular
    edited November 2009
    Flutter hopes her expenditure of energy would prove worth it, attempting to recollect herself. Despite the running about in a dark, dank cave, however, she seems to be completely free of filth or sweat--still smelling of the fields beyond the scar.

    Without a word to her companions, she moves down the hallway--if there was anything there, she suspects it would have come after them during the commotion.

    The Deva waves her hand, sending out a small cloud of butterflies to search the end of the passage.

    Spending 1 Healing Surge to get back to full.

    Move to J13. Rolled not nicely on perception, but I believe since its lower than my passive that my Passive would override since we've got nothing to keep me from taking my time, yes? If so, then 19 Passive. If not, my roll was a 15.

    InkSplat on
    Origin for Dragon Age: Inquisition Shenanigans: Inksplat776
  • Options
    Draw On Holy MightDraw On Holy Might Registered User regular
    edited November 2009
    Kazadim tended to his wounded companions, helping them bind their injuries and offering words of comfort to ease their nerves and vast encouragement at their victory. The creatures had put up a formidable defense, and though there was little time to actually celebrate, it was good that at least now they knew what awaited them in the darkness. Although they were battered, he and his companions were not down, and this was a battle they could surely overcome.

    The genasi steeled himself against the inevitable dangers that lie further in.

    “They put up more resistance that I had anticipated.” He grinned.
    “But I hope you are all not deterred from advancing and scouring these vile creatures from this earth.”
    Cursory checking of the bodies for anything, and then !Ready

    Draw On Holy Might on
  • Options
    robp85robp85 Registered User regular
    edited November 2009
    The butterflies float back to the Deva letting her know there is no danger down the path. As Flutter walks down the hallway, she smells the distinct odor of dried blood and sees rotting hands still holding onto weapons lined up next to a couple of pieces of armor. It becomes evident that the Hand of Torog cuts the hand off his defeated foes with the weapons still gripped in them and displays them in this nook as a trophy of his prowess in battle.

    All but one weapon and one armor set seem mundane to the druid. First, she notices a boomerang. It seems strange that the Hand has defeated someone with that kind of rare weapon before but it is firmly gripped in a rotting hand. There is definitely some magic infused with the weapon which Flutter can easily feel. Additionally, there is a suit of hide armor sitting in the corner which shows signs of being expertly crafted. Seems as though the Hand didn't know what he had been holding onto.
    Alright, here's what you find:

    Rebounding Xen'drick Boomerang: (Malryna)
    Enhancement: +1 attack rolls and damage rolls
    Critical: +1d6 damage per plus

    Power (Encounter): Free. Trigger: You attack an enemy with this weapon and miss. Effect: You make a ranged basic attack against a different enemy within 5 squares of that enemy.

    Hide Armor of Exploits: (Kazadim)
    Enhancement: +1 AC

    Property: During a short rest or an extended rest, you can store one at-will or encounter martial power in your armor that you or an ally has. You can have only one power stored in the armor at a time.
    Armor of exploits cannot store a power of higher level than the armor. You cannot use a power stored in the armor if the power’s level is higher than yours.
    Once the power is used, another power must be stored in the armor before it can be used again. If a new power is stored before the old one is used, the old exploit is lost.

    Power (Daily): Standard Action. Use the power stored in your armor. If it is an encounter power, you must spend 1 action point to use it.

    Note that who I have in the parenthesis is who I was thinking of when choosing the item. You're welcome to redistribute as you see fit. Whoever gets them, please note it on your character sheet and make the appropriate adjustments to your stats.

    robp85 on
    Skard, Shifter Warden
    Basic Attack +26 vs AC -- Damage 1d10+19 (+5 if enemy is prone) (+2 if Longtooth Shifting is active)
  • Options
    InkSplatInkSplat 100%ed Bad Rats. Registered User regular
    edited November 2009
    Flutter eyes the objects and merely nods, before turning about and moving back the way she came.

    "We have found things some of you might be interested in," she says, her voice seeming to come from more than one place around her. "We think that perhaps magical knowledge is somewhat limited in this place. That could bode well for our success here."

    InkSplat on
    Origin for Dragon Age: Inquisition Shenanigans: Inksplat776
  • Options
    El SkidEl Skid The frozen white northRegistered User regular
    edited November 2009
    Paela sat in a corner, having a quiet argument with...apparently noone in particular as she scribbled in her notebook.

    "Of course I thought of.... ....Really Jenny, I doubt the resonance fields would.... ...There's just no reasoning with you- you're so stubborn! ...."
    Spend a second Healing surge, enough to get back to full. Ready!

    El Skid on
  • Options
    TiamatZTiamatZ Ghost puns The Banette of my existenceRegistered User regular
    edited November 2009
    Malryna takes the free time given to them and checks her companion. Avandra must have been smiling on Blackfang, as he only had some bruises and a small cut from the arbalester's arrow. She removed some healing herbs from her pack, and applied it to Blackfang's wounds. They wouldn't necessarily close the wound, but it would stop the bleeding and the pain.

    Afterwards she takes a look at the Gnoll, the only living opposition they have faced in the cave so far. If Gnolls were here, then this must be quite a cult their after. Or perhaps the Gnolls themselves were the cult.

    It's still too early to judge our foes. Let's first find more evidence before jumping to conclusions.
    Spend a healing surge (one of my own) to heal my companion, using Khazadim's Inspiring Word feature:
    Heals 5+ 1d6 = 11
    Blackfang heals to full.

    Using Passive Perception to investigate the gnoll (like why is there only one out here? Is there something about the Gnoll that could explain why he's alone?) 22/22.

    She moves over to the other room, looking to where the Deva went.

    "We have found things some of you might be interested in. We think that perhaps magical knowledge is somewhat limited in this place. That could bode well for our success here."

    Once she heard her, she came over to the druid. She immediately spotted the boomerang, since it's a rare weapon to find on the surface. Drow weapons were rare and exotic, and she thought it ironic that it would cost any person an arm and a leg to buy them. She carefully removed the boomerang from the rotting hand and tested it's handling. Satisfied, the Drow put her old boomerang into her pack, and tossed the new boomerang casually in her hand, trying to feel the weapon's grip and power.

    The Drow crouched to her knees and gives a silent prayer to the victim's hand. "Whoever you were, do not worry. Your murderer has been slain, so you may now rest easy. With your weapon we shall end this cult and rescue the innocents captured here. Your weapon shall not waste here in this cave."

    Afterwards, the ranger stands up, moves to the rest of the party, where her companion Blackfang waited (who has once again climbed back to the top of the cave's ceiling, ready to scout ahead).
    I'll gladly take that Boomerang. Adventurer's Guild Rule #12: Never say no to free weapons laying around in a dungeon, unless they're on pedestals or in chests, in which case, be extra careful around them.

    My current position on the map after all this is at J8

    !READY

    TiamatZ on
  • Options
    Draw On Holy MightDraw On Holy Might Registered User regular
    edited November 2009
    Kazadim offered a long series of solemn prayers to Melora over the fallen victims.
    Though he had no proper way of sending them off, the genasi still believed that the Lady of the Tides would watch over the poor, unfortunate souls that had died here in this wretched land.

    Examining the armor, he recited a quick blessing of cleansing, which was still wholly symbolic. It was indeed of excellent work, and even just holding it in his hands, he could feel the protection magic and powerful wards flowing through the cured and tempered hide.

    It is time to put this old armor to rest. It has served me well, but the spoils of my enemies will lead to their downfall.

    He stripped off his old armor, removing the seashell pin, emblazoned with a hand drawn symbol of Melora (which was accurate, if uneven, and fading from wear) from its breast, and attaching it to this new suit carefully before donning it.
    Joining the others, still Ready
    Hope there's no objections to me taking the armor. I think aside from the Ranger, I'm the only one that can use it, anyway.

    Draw On Holy Might on
  • Options
    robp85robp85 Registered User regular
    edited November 2009
    You trudge along the corridor a very short distance before reaching a large double door. There is nothing spectacular about the door and it, in fact, seems as though you could just open the door if you so desired.

    Both Malryna and Flutter recognize another small slit to the right of the door much like the ones you saw earlier in the cave. Whether or not something/someone is standing there is yet unknown but it does seem to point into the room that the doors lead to.

    robp85 on
    Skard, Shifter Warden
    Basic Attack +26 vs AC -- Damage 1d10+19 (+5 if enemy is prone) (+2 if Longtooth Shifting is active)
  • Options
    JoeslopJoeslop Registered User regular
    edited November 2009
    Ayliana looks over at the Drow, indicating with her eyes to sneak up and take a peek through. "Be careful, I have an idea that more of those Clay scouts are checking things out. Let us know what you see."

    Joeslop on
  • Options
    TiamatZTiamatZ Ghost puns The Banette of my existenceRegistered User regular
    edited November 2009
    The Drow nods to the paladin.

    "I'll be careful. The rest of you should probably stay near that door. Should there indeed be another one of those scouts, ambushing it may be tactful."

    The Drow stops for a moment going through her thoughts.

    "On the other hand, that door could be trapped. Why else is it left so...open? Just be ready for any ambushes or traps."

    The Drow moves slowly to the slit, accidently kicking some loose pebbles on the ground.

    I hope they didn't hear that.
    Perception Roll: 11
    Stealth Roll: 11

    Also rob, could we get a map of our current surroundings? Just like last time?

    TiamatZ on
  • Options
    robp85robp85 Registered User regular
    edited November 2009
    The Drow slowly makes her way to the slit but even with the noise she makes, there doesn't seem to be anything or anyone on the other side of the slit that notices.

    Looking through the slit, Malryna can catch the edge of a small, wooden platform in front of her (and she suspects is in front of the double doors). Past that the floor seems to drop into a pit where the ranger can see signs of what seems to be giant mushrooms in the pit. The mushrooms light the area in a weird green glow. Looking across the drop off, Malryna spots another ledge that leads to... somewhere. Unfortunately, the lights from the mushrooms create a little haze making it hard to discern the other side.

    As far as she can tell, there is nothing out there waiting to attack the intruders.

    Map:
    Ask and ye shall receive...

    358qq0m.jpg

    robp85 on
    Skard, Shifter Warden
    Basic Attack +26 vs AC -- Damage 1d10+19 (+5 if enemy is prone) (+2 if Longtooth Shifting is active)
  • Options
    Draw On Holy MightDraw On Holy Might Registered User regular
    edited November 2009
    Kazadim nodded.
    He crept forward slowly to the door, opposite the Paladin, but despite his efforts, ended up stumbling over the same pebbles as the Drow. He groaned under his breath, glancing back at his companions.

    He drew his sword with a little more grace, holding it at the ready, waiting outside the door.

    Move to T13
    Stealth check; (1d20-2) = 2, great stuff D:

    Draw On Holy Might on
  • Options
    El SkidEl Skid The frozen white northRegistered User regular
    edited November 2009
    Paela rolls her eyes at the Paladins back and moves to the door, silent as a cat. Making a "back away and let me do this" motion with her hands, she silently pulls on the door, with the intent to open it a crack and slip through so she can get a better look at the cavern on the other side

    El Skid on
  • Options
    robp85robp85 Registered User regular
    edited November 2009
    The symbol of Torog glares at you from the other side of a large cavern. Painted on the wall in dark pigment, this 15-foot-tall symbol graces the stone wall of a building. There’s no sign of motion in the cavern, except for the pulsing green light that comes from the bottom of the chasm filling the cave. From what you can see, the chasm is filled with mushrooms of all sizes, many of them glowing with phosphorescence. It smells terrible. As you peer across, you hear a muffled scream from the building featuring the symbol of Torog. It has no doors or windows you can see, but a coarse rope bridge stretches across the chasm.

    You can see pieces of corpses and skeletons scattered on and through the mushrooms at the base of the far wall, as if someone had thrown bodies off the edge.

    Map for one and all:
    4v057t.png

    robp85 on
    Skard, Shifter Warden
    Basic Attack +26 vs AC -- Damage 1d10+19 (+5 if enemy is prone) (+2 if Longtooth Shifting is active)
  • Options
    InkSplatInkSplat 100%ed Bad Rats. Registered User regular
    edited November 2009
    Flutter approaches the door and quietly peers down toward the mushrooms. The butterflies around her flit and flow, whispering quietly. She nods and sends a few of them to investigate the glowing fungii.
    Take a 10 on Nature and Arcana, for a 19 and 17 respectively, to see what I can tell about the mushrooms.

    InkSplat on
    Origin for Dragon Age: Inquisition Shenanigans: Inksplat776
  • Options
    El SkidEl Skid The frozen white northRegistered User regular
    edited November 2009
    Paela stops just outside the door and remains in a stealthy crouch, looking at the mushrooms and whispers: "Where have I seen these before, Jenny? ...No, I'm sure they're not good to eat. Get...back..here."

    The bridge sways slightly. Probably just a gust of...subterranean...wind.

    El Skid on
  • Options
    JoeslopJoeslop Registered User regular
    edited November 2009
    Ayliana looks through the door, across and down to the mushrooms. Having spent more time in the city and on physical studies, she can't quite place what the mushrooms are.
    Arcana/Nature: 1d20+3 9 1d20+2 8

    She whispers, "Stealth won't be much use across the bridge. Pretty sure if anyone is watching they're going to see us regardless. I'll take the front unless there are objections."

    Joeslop on
  • Options
    robp85robp85 Registered User regular
    edited November 2009
    It's hard to detect any magic coming from the mushrooms or the mushroom patch. However, as one of Flutter's butterflies lands on the weird fungus, it goes limp and falls to the ground dead indicating that touching the fungus below may be unhealthy, to say the least.

    robp85 on
    Skard, Shifter Warden
    Basic Attack +26 vs AC -- Damage 1d10+19 (+5 if enemy is prone) (+2 if Longtooth Shifting is active)
  • Options
    Draw On Holy MightDraw On Holy Might Registered User regular
    edited November 2009
    Peering carefully through the door and over the edge into the pit below, Kazadim shook his head.
    This place was dangerous. He didn’t fully understand how, or why. In the end, he wasn’t sure how much that mattered. It felt like a trap. It would be too easy for the bridge to snap, or to be ambushed, or –

    When the scream sounded, muffled and quiet from across the chasm, he sucked in his breath sharply.
    He looked around at everyone else nervously, anxious. There was great evil housed in whatever that building was… that much was obvious. They would have to move quickly.

    He nodded at the Paladin, whispering, “I will be right behind you. Let us make haste.”

    EDIT:
    Was going to roll Perception to check the integrity of the bridge, but I can't seem to access Orokos right now. Will roll later.

    Draw On Holy Might on
  • Options
    TiamatZTiamatZ Ghost puns The Banette of my existenceRegistered User regular
    edited November 2009
    The Drow takes a moment scanning the room through the slit once more before joining the others. Seeing the cavern ceiling to be too high for Blackfang to climb on (and too high to allow Blackfang to come down to aid her mistress should a fight occur), she signals the spider to come back to the floor. Blackfang gladly complies to the Drow and, once it lands back to the ground) follows her around.

    With her weapons drawn out once more, the Drow passes the Halfling and tried to discern the bridge's stability, but was distracted by the strange flourescent mushrooms below. She tries to recollect some information from her younger days spent travelling in the many caves of the surface, or perhaps from any advice given to her by other adventurers in the many taverns she stayed in. But one fact was obvious: this had to be a trap....
    Perception Roll (on bridge): 8
    Nature Roll (on mushrooms): 24
    Dungeoneering Roll (if my nature roll doesn't identify them): 21
    Stealth Roll: 23

    Just for incase, here's my initiative roll should we run into trouble: 10 D:

    I'll also move to W13 (and Blackfang to X13), and both my weapons are out.

    !Ready

    TiamatZ on
  • Options
    robp85robp85 Registered User regular
    edited November 2009
    The mushrooms are larger than any of you are used to seeing and are obviously harmful to the touch. Something you may want to keep in mind if you end up in that pit.

    As for the bridge, it seems to be stable. Well, as stable as a rope bridge can be. Walking on it shouldn't be a problem assuming no one rocks the bridge. It will easily handle any of you walking across it but you must move across it single-file.

    Map:
    155085d.png

    NOTICE: I changed the coordinates a little bit. I didn't want to deal with AA+.
    Black stuff is obviously hidden to your characters at this point.

    robp85 on
    Skard, Shifter Warden
    Basic Attack +26 vs AC -- Damage 1d10+19 (+5 if enemy is prone) (+2 if Longtooth Shifting is active)
  • Options
    JoeslopJoeslop Registered User regular
    edited November 2009
    Ayliana cautiously tests the bridge, letting her full (as full as she is) weight on slowly. When the bridge holds she picks up speed, being careful not to let the bridge sway. Once she's halfway over, she waves the next in line to follow, trying to keep the weight balanced between the ends of the bridge.
    I'm dead aren't I.

    Joeslop on
  • Options
    robp85robp85 Registered User regular
    edited November 2009
    Nah, you're not. Hopefully...

    You hear a scrape from the south side of the rough stone building with the Torog symbol burned on it. Two homunculi flaps awkwardly into view, along with a lurching creature made entirely of clay, all making directly for the bridge. Humans in blood-splattered brown robes bearing the symbol of Torog follow around the south corner of the building, carrying longbows. One screams, “Turn back fools! Torog gives us strength, and you can never defeat our might. We are invinc…”

    And now we roll initiative!

    Map:
    296c7p.png

    Special notes: The bridge has stats! See the status section for information. They can be cut but both strands must be cut on a single side to drop the bridge.

    When standing on or next to the bridge, you have an at-will power at your disposal:

    Shake the Bridge:
    Standard Action
    Requirement: You must be on or adjacent to the bridge.
    Check: Athletics check (DC 10) to sway the bridge.
    Success: The bridge sways.
    Target: Each creature standing on the bridge (including you, if
    applicable)
    Attack: Level + 3 vs. Reflex
    Hit: The target is knocked prone.

    Status:
    Kazadim - 24/24 - AC18/F15/R15/W12 - HS 8/8 - AP 1/2
    @E0 - Status: Normal.
    Ayliana - 29/29 - AC20/F14/R14/W14 - HS 8/12 - AP 1/2
    @G5 - Status: Normal.
    Flutter - 28/28 - AC15/F13/R13/W15 - HS 9/10 - AP 1/2
    @D-1 - Status: Normal.
    Malryna - 25/25 - AC16/F14/R14/W12 - HS 4/7 - AP 1/2
    @H-1 - Status: Normal. -- Blackfang @G-1 22/22 - AC15/F12/R13/W13 - HS 2/2
    Paela - 25/25 - AC14/F11/R14/W16 - HS 5/7 - AP 0/2
    @C0 - Status: Normal.
    Archer Cultist x4 - 1/1 - AC13/F13/R14/W13
    @K9, K10, J10, J11 - Status: +4 AC vs OA.
    Archer Leader - 31/31 - AC16/F13/R14/W13
    @K12 - Status: +4 AC vs OA.
    Clay Scout 1 - 31/31 - AC16/F13/R14/W15
    @I9 - Status: Normal.
    Clay Scout 2 - 31/31 - AC16/F13/R14/W15
    @G9 - Status: Normal.
    Stonefist Defender - 38/38 - AC16/F13/R14/W14
    @H10 - Status: Normal.
    Bridge's Rope - 30/30 - AC5
    0/2 West Side / 0/2 East Side - Status: Normal.

    robp85 on
    Skard, Shifter Warden
    Basic Attack +26 vs AC -- Damage 1d10+19 (+5 if enemy is prone) (+2 if Longtooth Shifting is active)
  • Options
    El SkidEl Skid The frozen white northRegistered User regular
    edited November 2009
    Paela starts making her way towards the bridge almost without thinking.

    Magic time again! :D
    Initiative: 1d20+4 21

    Oh, and probably +2 from party members, but that's not counted above.

    El Skid on
  • Options
    InkSplatInkSplat 100%ed Bad Rats. Registered User regular
    edited November 2009
    Flutter rolls her eyes at the screaming fanatics. The butterflies around her pulse in tune with her agitation.
    Initiative: 1d20+2 21

    InkSplat on
    Origin for Dragon Age: Inquisition Shenanigans: Inksplat776
  • Options
    JoeslopJoeslop Registered User regular
    edited November 2009
    Ayliana draws her mace, scowling at the humans.

    "Torog is but a speck of dirt under the talons of Bahamut; with his strength we will end this pathetic little cult and return the captors. Surrender now and I promise you a fair trial."
    Initiative: 1d20+2 20

    Or just an 18 if we don't get the +2.

    Joeslop on
  • Options
    robp85robp85 Registered User regular
    edited November 2009
    Round 1

    The archer's words are cut off as one of the other archers yells at him to "Shut up!"

    The large clay creature starts off charging across the bridge at Ayliana. A huge spiked fist is raised then brought down on the paladin but she easily deflects it with her shield. Obviously, there was no desire here to surrender.

    Actions:
    Stonefist Defender

    Move: to H6
    Standard: Spiked Fist vs Ayliana (AC:20) = 12 Miss!

    Map:
    15yu9uq.png

    Special notes: The bridge has stats! See the status section for information. They can be cut but both strands must be cut on a single side to drop the bridge.

    When standing on or next to the bridge, you have an at-will power at your disposal:

    Shake the Bridge:
    Standard Action
    Requirement: You must be on or adjacent to the bridge.
    Check: Athletics check (DC 10) to sway the bridge.
    Success: The bridge sways.
    Target: Each creature standing on the bridge (including you, if
    applicable)
    Attack: Level + 3 vs. Reflex
    Hit: The target is knocked prone.

    Initiative:
    Stonefist Defender
    Paela
    Flutter
    Ayliana
    Malryna
    Kazadim

    Clay Scouts
    Archer Cultists
    Archer Leader

    Status:
    Kazadim - 24/24 - AC18/F15/R15/W12 - HS 8/8 - AP 1/2
    @E0 - Status: Normal.
    Ayliana - 29/29 - AC20/F14/R14/W14 - HS 8/12 - AP 1/2
    @G5 - Status: Normal.
    Flutter - 28/28 - AC15/F13/R13/W15 - HS 9/10 - AP 1/2
    @D-1 - Status: Normal.
    Malryna - 25/25 - AC16/F14/R14/W12 - HS 4/7 - AP 1/2
    @H-1 - Status: Normal. -- Blackfang @G-1 22/22 - AC15/F12/R13/W13 - HS 2/2
    Paela - 25/25 - AC14/F11/R14/W16 - HS 5/7 - AP 0/2
    @C0 - Status: Normal.
    Archer Cultist x4 - 1/1 - AC13/F13/R14/W13
    @K9, K10, J10, J11 - Status: +4 AC vs OA.
    Archer Leader - 31/31 - AC16/F13/R14/W13
    @K12 - Status: +4 AC vs OA.
    Clay Scout 1 - 31/31 - AC16/F13/R14/W15
    @I9 - Status: Normal.
    Clay Scout 2 - 31/31 - AC16/F13/R14/W15
    @G9 - Status: Normal.
    Stonefist Defender - 38/38 - AC16/F13/R14/W14
    @H6 - Status: Normal.
    Bridge's Rope - 30/30 - AC5
    0/2 West Side / 0/2 East Side - Status: Normal.

    Next up: Everyone!

    robp85 on
    Skard, Shifter Warden
    Basic Attack +26 vs AC -- Damage 1d10+19 (+5 if enemy is prone) (+2 if Longtooth Shifting is active)
  • Options
    TiamatZTiamatZ Ghost puns The Banette of my existenceRegistered User regular
    edited November 2009
    Foolish Eladrin! At least taunt them AFTER you're off the rickety and frail bridge, the ranger mused to herself.

    She looked at the bridge and then to the mushrooms at the bottom of the chasm.

    I guess it's time to try out my new weapon...but first...

    "Listen to your men, zealot! Why don't you all just surrender and 'cross' over to the winning team."

    The Drow takes hold of her new weapon, focuses on the two homonculi on the other side, and let's loose the boomerang.

    But the homonculi weren't concentrating on the Eladrin caught on the rickety bridge and one easily dodged the boomerang. The boomerang, as though acting on magical instinct, turns around and tries to strike the other clay monster. But even that creature moved out of harm's way.

    Malryna grabs her returning weapon, and gives out a resignating sigh.

    Fat lot you helped me, but at least I now know what you can do.

    She tries to regain some measure of composure, shrugs and says, "Umm...catch you on the rebound??"
    Basic range attack on Clay Scout at I9 (I get a -2 penalty to attack rolls because I'm using the long range part of my weapon's range (boomerangs are 6/12):
    (1d20+4 VS AC = 10) D:

    Use Rebounding Weapon's power (Encounter: Free):
    Trigger: You attack an enemy with this weapon and miss.
    Effect: You make a ranged basic attack against a different enemy within 5 squares of that enemy.

    Basic range attack on Clay Scout at G9:
    (1d20+4 VS AC = 7) D:

    Looks like I'm the unlucky one this time...:?

    Edit:
    Fear my terrible(bad) puns and quips :(
    Don't worry... last time she'll do it. I swear.

    TiamatZ on
  • Options
    El SkidEl Skid The frozen white northRegistered User regular
    edited November 2009
    Seeing the throngs of minions flooding the other side of the bridge, Paela stops moving toward the bridge and decides instead to launch a chaos bolt into the fray, just to see what would happen.

    Pointing her staff at the defender on the bridge, she lets loose a bolt of...stuff that strikes the defender painfully on the shoulder, before rebounding and streaking directly at one of the archers. It manages to step aside at the last moment, and the bolt dissipates harmlessly.
    Chaos Bolt vs Will (vs defender): 1d20+5 21 1d10+8 10 HIT

    Even Number: secondary attack against an enemy within 5 squares: archer minion at K10 Chaos Bolt secondary vs Will (K10 minion): 1d20+5 12 1d6 1 MISS by 1 :(
    No Move action at this time
    +1 AC for Paela due to even numbered 1st attack
    Paela has +5 to Radiant Resistance from her chaos magic roll

    El Skid on
Sign In or Register to comment.