Options

[D&D 4e IC] Den of the Slavetakers

12467

Posts

  • Options
    Draw On Holy MightDraw On Holy Might Registered User regular
    edited November 2009
    "Oh, in the Lady’s name…"
    Kazadim cursed under his breath. Of course there would be a trap here; his instincts had never let him down.

    There would be no way to bring the fight to all of their opponents like this. It was better that one of them held bridge, though, and better the Paladin than he. Still, he couldn’t help but shake the feeling that these cultists would cut the old, swaying contraption and run if things got too out of hand for them. Or perhaps even just to be spiteful.

    He reached for one of the few javelins he kept stowed away for situations like this. Taking aim too hastily, however, he let it fly across the chasm towards one of the clay scouts, but it clattered uselessly against the floor at the creature's feet, dropping into the patches of mushrooms far below it.

    I am not getting that javelin back later.
    Retrieving his sword from his off hand, he marched forward, shield up to protect against any attacks that the archers would, inevitably, loose on them, and staying close to the bridge should anything drastic happen.
    Minor: Draw javelin.
    Standard: Ranged basic on Clay Scout 2 (@G9)
    Attack: (1d20+4) = 5, natural 1...
    Move: to H0

    Draw On Holy Might on
  • Options
    InkSplatInkSplat 100%ed Bad Rats. Registered User regular
    edited November 2009
    "Let us see how the mighty Torog fares against mere insects, shall we?" Flutter simply nods once after she speaks and then steps forward. As she moves, all around her swarm a thousand thousand glowing butterflies. And then they rush forward, sweeping over the gap between the two parties and engulfing the group of loud archers.

    When the cloud clears, only charred skeletons remain.
    Move: D0
    Standard: Grasping Tide centered on K10.
    Grasping Tide vs AC1, AC2, AC3, AC4 (13): 1d20+5 17 1d20+5 13 1d20+5 13 1d20+5 7 1d8+4 7

    Free: Thousand Lifetimes: 1d6 6 adding that to my 4th attack roll, making it a hit!

    Archer Cultist 1: Hit! 7 Dead!
    Archer Cultist 2: Hit! 7 Dead!
    Archer Cultist 3: Hit! 7 Dead!
    Archer Cultist 4: Hit! 7 Dead!

    InkSplat on
    Origin for Dragon Age: Inquisition Shenanigans: Inksplat776
  • Options
    JoeslopJoeslop Registered User regular
    edited November 2009
    Ayliana shoved the brute's fist aside easily with her shield, filling it's mind with the wrath of Bahamut. Before the creature could recover, she slammed her hammer into its side, the head erupting in blue tinged light as it tore chunks from the creature's body.
    Standard: Ready Fey Step to go off if someone cuts one of the ropes of the bridge. She will teleport 5 squares backwards to the square right before the bridge.
    Minor: Divine Challenge the stonefist dude.
    Action point: Holy Strike: 1d20+6 16 1d10+5 13

    Joeslop on
  • Options
    robp85robp85 Registered User regular
    edited November 2009
    Round 2

    The last archer moves into a more defensive position and launches an arrow at Kazadim. The arrow just grazes the shoulder of the genasi allowing his armor to deflect it harmlessly away.

    The two flying clay monsters flap their wings awkwardly and float forward. Both release their brutal psychic energies into the paladin causing her to be a little confused as to what's going on.

    This sets up the larger defender. He lifts his fist into the air again and tries to crush the skull of Ayliana. Her instincts take over, though, and she again is able to deflect the blow of the clay construct just before the attack lands.

    Actions:
    Archer Leader:

    Move: to L10
    Standard: Longbow vs Kazadim (AC:18) = 8 Miss!

    Clay Scout 1:

    Move: fly to I7
    Standard: Mind Touch vs Ayliana (Ref:14) = 29 Hit! CRIT!!! 9 damage done!
    Ayliana is now dazed.

    Clay Scout 2:

    Move: fly to G7
    Standard: Mind Touch vs Ayliana (Ref:14) = 27 Hit! 6 damage done!

    Stonefist Defender:

    Standard: Spiked Fist vs Ayliana (AC:20) = 19 Miss!

    Map:
    9ulvgp.png

    Special notes: The bridge has stats! See the status section for information. They can be cut but both strands must be cut on a single side to drop the bridge.

    When standing on or next to the bridge, you have an at-will power at your disposal:

    Shake the Bridge:
    Standard Action
    Requirement: You must be on or adjacent to the bridge.
    Check: Athletics check (DC 10) to sway the bridge.
    Success: The bridge sways.
    Target: Each creature standing on the bridge (including you, if
    applicable)
    Attack: Level + 3 vs. Reflex
    Hit: The target is knocked prone.

    Initiative:
    Stonefist Defender
    Paela
    Flutter
    Ayliana
    Malryna
    Kazadim

    Clay Scouts
    Archer Leader

    Status:
    Kazadim - 24/24 - AC18/F15/R15/W12 - HS 8/8 - AP 1/2
    @E0 - Status: Normal.
    Ayliana - 14/29 - AC20/F14/R14/W14 - HS 8/12 - AP 0/2
    @G5 - Status: Bloodied. Dazed.
    Flutter - 28/28 - AC15/F13/R13/W15 - HS 9/10 - AP 1/2
    @D-1 - Status: Normal.
    Malryna - 25/25 - AC16/F14/R14/W12 - HS 4/7 - AP 1/2
    @H-1 - Status: Normal. -- Blackfang @G-1 22/22 - AC15/F12/R13/W13 - HS 2/2
    Paela - 25/25 - AC14/F11/R14/W16 - HS 5/7 - AP 0/2
    @C0 - Status: Normal.
    Archer Leader - 31/31 - AC16/F13/R14/W13
    @K12 - Status: +4 AC vs OA.
    Clay Scout 1 - 31/31 - AC16/F13/R14/W15
    @I9 - Status: Normal.
    Clay Scout 2 - 31/31 - AC16/F13/R14/W15
    @G9 - Status: Normal.
    Stonefist Defender - 15/38 - AC16/F13/R14/W14
    @H6 - Status: Bloodied.
    Bridge's Rope - 30/30 - AC5
    0/2 West Side / 0/2 East Side - Status: Normal.

    Next up: Everyone!

    robp85 on
    Skard, Shifter Warden
    Basic Attack +26 vs AC -- Damage 1d10+19 (+5 if enemy is prone) (+2 if Longtooth Shifting is active)
  • Options
    InkSplatInkSplat 100%ed Bad Rats. Registered User regular
    edited November 2009
    "Fall back, Aliyana!" The words echoed from the entire swarm of butterflies as they descended upon the ground that assaulted the paladin. One of the clay scouts evaded the assault with the help of its wings, while its comrade and the Defender were not so lucky--the latter's fist cracking severely under the magics.

    The insects continued to swarm about the two they had burned, attempting to assist in the paladin's retreat should one of her allies not finish the faltering stone beast off.
    Standard: Grasping Tide centered on H7.
    Grasping Tide vs CS1, CS2, & SD (Fort 13): 1d20+5 18 1d20+5 10 1d20+5 15 1d8+4 11 (Whoops! It was supposed to be 1d6+4. Is it alright if we just -2 damage from that? If not, go ahead and reroll it for me if you'd like.)

    Clay Scout 1: Hit! 9 damage. If it tries to move, Grasping Tide kicks in to try and knock it prone.
    Clay Scout 2: Miss!
    Stonefist Defender: Hit! 9 damage. If it tries to move, Grasping Tide kicks in to try and knock it prone.

    InkSplat on
    Origin for Dragon Age: Inquisition Shenanigans: Inksplat776
  • Options
    robp85robp85 Registered User regular
    edited November 2009
    -2 from the damage is fine. They both take 9 damage.

    robp85 on
    Skard, Shifter Warden
    Basic Attack +26 vs AC -- Damage 1d10+19 (+5 if enemy is prone) (+2 if Longtooth Shifting is active)
  • Options
    Draw On Holy MightDraw On Holy Might Registered User regular
    edited November 2009
    "Stand strong! This battle is nearly won!"

    Kazadim's word echoed throughout the chamber, like thunder crashing in the storm, his conviction and determination renewing Ayliana as she held her ground against these creatures.
    Minor: Healing Word on Ayliana; surge (7) + 1d6 (3) = 10 hit points
    Will have to take the rest of my turn later, just wanted to get that out of the way


    Status:
    Kazadim - 24/24 - AC18/F15/R15/W12 - HS 8/8 - AP 1/2
    @E0 - Status: Normal.
    Ayliana - 24/29 - AC20/F14/R14/W14 - HS 7/12 - AP 0/2
    @G5 - Status: Dazed.
    Flutter - 28/28 - AC15/F13/R13/W15 - HS 9/10 - AP 1/2
    @D-1 - Status: Normal.
    Malryna - 25/25 - AC16/F14/R14/W12 - HS 4/7 - AP 1/2
    @H-1 - Status: Normal. -- Blackfang @G-1 22/22 - AC15/F12/R13/W13 - HS 2/2
    Paela - 25/25 - AC14/F11/R14/W16 - HS 5/7 - AP 0/2
    @C0 - Status: Normal.
    Archer Leader - 31/31 - AC16/F13/R14/W13
    @K12 - Status: +4 AC vs OA.
    Clay Scout 1 - 22/31 - AC16/F13/R14/W15
    @I9 - Status: Normal.
    Clay Scout 2 - 31/31 - AC16/F13/R14/W15
    @G9 - Status: Normal.
    Stonefist Defender - 6/38 - AC16/F13/R14/W14
    @H6 - Status: Bloodied.
    Bridge's Rope - 30/30 - AC5
    0/2 West Side / 0/2 East Side - Status: Normal.

    Draw On Holy Might on
  • Options
    El SkidEl Skid The frozen white northRegistered User regular
    edited November 2009
    "I'll get it!" shouted Paela, setting loose another Chaos Bolt on the teetering Defender. The bolt flies towards the creature, hitting it...ineffectually.

    "I wonder if there is some sort of field in here that is dampening primal magics...hmm" said Paela thoughtfully, taking a notebook out and flipping through with one hand.
    Standard:Chaos Bolt vs Will on Defender; Adding secondary on CS1 if applicable: 1d20+5 9 1d10+8 17 MISS 1d20+5 20 1d6 5 N/A
    So miss the defender, no secondary attack applicable.

    Move action: None

    El Skid on
  • Options
    JoeslopJoeslop Registered User regular
    edited November 2009
    Ayliana shook her head but the creature in front of her still appeared as a hazy blur. She stumbled around a little, swinging her hammer slowly, the defender easily avoiding it. The hammer hit the bridge and she couldn't find the strength to pick it up again.
    Standard:Holy Strike: 1d20+6 14 MISS 1d10+5 9
    Helps if I put in what I attacked with >.>

    Joeslop on
  • Options
    Draw On Holy MightDraw On Holy Might Registered User regular
    edited November 2009
    Kazadim drew another javelin quickly. Now that the opposition’s ranks had thoroughly cleared, he took more time to line up his next throw. But, he also offered a quick prayer to Melora just in case.
    Lady… guide this into the heart of my enemy.

    Lowering his shield briefly for better balance, he let the javelin fly across the bridge, over the shoulder of the disoriented Paladin, and into the chest of the stony creature that stood before her. It staggered a bit, letting out a low groan, before collapsing under its own weight at the feet of Ayliana.

    Kazadim smirked a bit, taking up his defensive stance again.
    Minor: Draw another javelin.
    Standard: Ranged Basic on Stonefist Defender
    Attack: (1d20+6) = 23, HIT!
    Damage: (1d6+4) = 8, Dead!

    Draw On Holy Might on
  • Options
    TiamatZTiamatZ Ghost puns The Banette of my existenceRegistered User regular
    edited November 2009
    With the clay defender destroyed, the bridge was now open (with the exception of the dazed Eladrin still standing on the bridge), giving the party a small opening to cross. Malryna takes the advantage, and crosses the bridge, with Blackfang trailing after her.

    Passing the Genasi, the duo rushes over the rickety rope bridge. When they come to the Eladrin, Malryna merely leapfrogs over the paladin and lands with some grace on the corpse of the clay monstrosity, while blackfang merely scurries over the Eladrin (hopefully the Eladrin was too confused to notice a giant spider climbing all over her). As she leaves to pass through the 2 clay scouts, her feet pushes the dead clay being off the bridge, falling to the mushrooms below. She rushes past the 2 flying clay beasts, hopefully letting them focus their attacks on her and not on her companion.

    Once she crossed the bridge, her main priority was to slay the archer here, in order to prevent him from focusing on her allies (and to prevent him from having second thoughts on cutting that bridge). She focuses herself to the archer, studying his movements and patterns...
    Move action #1: Move Malryna to H4; move Blackfang to H3
    Move action #2: Move Malryna to I10; move Blackfang to H9
    Minor action: Designate archer leader as my quarry

    Brace for the two OAs

    TiamatZ on
  • Options
    robp85robp85 Registered User regular
    edited November 2009
    As Malryna runs by both of the flying homunculi, they both swipe at her with their feet. One completely misses the ranger but the other catches her in the face breaking the skin enough to cause blood to trickle down her cheek.

    Actions:
    OA's against Malryna:

    Clay Scout 1:

    Melee attack vs Malryna (AC:16) = 23 Hit! Crit!!! For 9 damage!


    Clay Scout 2:

    Melee attack vs Malryna (AC:16) = 11 Miss!

    EDIT:
    Looks like ya'll are waiting for an update. Incoming now!

    EDIT#2:
    I don't see Ayliana's save against daze anywhere. I'm rolling it for her now.
    Save against dazed: 1d20 = 20
    Consider her saved!

    robp85 on
    Skard, Shifter Warden
    Basic Attack +26 vs AC -- Damage 1d10+19 (+5 if enemy is prone) (+2 if Longtooth Shifting is active)
  • Options
    robp85robp85 Registered User regular
    edited November 2009
    Round 3

    Seeing the clay defender's body fall from the bridge to the mushrooms below doesn't seem to affect any of its allies.

    Both the clay scouts direct their psychic energies towards their enemies. However, the butterflies from Flutter distract them both rendering their attacks harmless.

    The archer's focus, though, is unwavering even in the face of the charging Drow and her spider. He quickly nocks an arrow and releases it. The arrow easily pierces the hide armor of Malryna, planting the arrow head into her shoulder.

    Actions:
    Clay Scout 1:

    Standard: Mind Touch vs Malryna (Ref:14) = 6 Miss!

    Clay Scout 2:

    Standard: Mind Touch vs Ayliana (Ref:14) = 6 Miss!
    Move: fly to F6

    Archer Leader:

    Standard: Longbow vs Malryna (AC:16) = 18 Hit for 8 damage!

    Map:
    vsp5p0.png

    Special notes: The bridge has stats! See the status section for information. They can be cut but both strands must be cut on a single side to drop the bridge.

    When standing on or next to the bridge, you have an at-will power at your disposal:

    Shake the Bridge:
    Standard Action
    Requirement: You must be on or adjacent to the bridge.
    Check: Athletics check (DC 10) to sway the bridge.
    Success: The bridge sways.
    Target: Each creature standing on the bridge (including you, if
    applicable)
    Attack: Level + 3 vs. Reflex
    Hit: The target is knocked prone.

    Initiative:
    Stonefist Defender
    Paela
    Flutter
    Ayliana
    Malryna
    Kazadim

    Clay Scouts
    Archer Leader

    Status:
    Kazadim - 24/24 - AC18/F15/R15/W12 - HS 8/8 - AP 1/2
    @H0 - Status: Normal.
    Ayliana - 24/29 - AC20/F14/R14/W14 - HS 7/12 - AP 0/2
    @H5 - Status: Normal.
    Flutter - 28/28 - AC15/F13/R13/W15 - HS 9/10 - AP 1/2
    @D0 - Status: Normal.
    Malryna - 8/25 - AC16/F14/R14/W12 - HS 4/7 - AP 1/2
    @I10 - Status: Bloodied. -- Blackfang @H9 22/22 - AC15/F12/R13/W13 - HS 2/2
    Paela - 25/25 - AC14/F11/R14/W16 - HS 5/7 - AP 0/2
    @C0 - Status: Normal.
    Archer Leader - 31/31 - AC16/F13/R14/W13
    @L10 - Status: +4 AC vs OA.
    Clay Scout 1 - 22/31 - AC16/F13/R14/W15
    @I7 - Status: Normal.
    Clay Scout 2 - 31/31 - AC16/F13/R14/W15
    @F6 - Status: Normal.
    Bridge's Rope - 30/30 - AC5
    0/2 West Side / 0/2 East Side - Status: Normal.

    Next up: Everyone!

    robp85 on
    Skard, Shifter Warden
    Basic Attack +26 vs AC -- Damage 1d10+19 (+5 if enemy is prone) (+2 if Longtooth Shifting is active)
  • Options
    Draw On Holy MightDraw On Holy Might Registered User regular
    edited November 2009
    Wasting no time in seizing this moment to advance through the break in their formations, Kazadim stepped carefully onto the bridge, satisfied, for the time being, with its integrity, and then advanced quickly towards his enemies. The rope bridge was not as unstable as he had originally suspected, and though he did not feel an immediate danger of falling into whatever sorts of poisonous or man-eating rows of mushrooms that lay below them, the idea of such was still unsettling.

    Lady protect me if I am wrong.

    It gave him little pause, however. Still moving forward, he managed to shout a, “Get down!” at the Paladin, bounding over her shoulder as she crouched down briefly for him to get through. He landed gracefully on the opposite side of her, throwing the full force of his body into the awaiting clay scout as he did so, sending the small creature soaring backwards into the Drow’s giant spider, whose eyes glinted with hunger.
    The beast lashed out at the scout, but the clay creature was nimble and recovered from the shove more quickly than it should have.

    “Drow, hold the line! I will not let you fall to these heathens!"
    The words of the genasi were ever powerful, full of life and promises of strength. The Ranger found herself filled with renewed vigor, even despite her grievous wounds.
    Move: To H6
    Standard: Opening Shove on Clay Scout 1I7)
    Attack: (1d20+8) vs. Reflex = 26, HIT!
    Push 1 square (to I8), and Blackfang can make a melee basic attack against it

    Blackfang's attack: (1d20+5) = 10, Miss D:

    Minor: Inspiring Word on Malryna; surge (6) + 1d6 (5) = 11 hit points


    Status:
    Kazadim - 24/24 - AC18/F15/R15/W12 - HS 8/8 - AP 1/2
    @H0 - Status: Normal.
    Ayliana - 24/29 - AC20/F14/R14/W14 - HS 7/12 - AP 0/2
    @H5 - Status: Normal.
    Flutter - 28/28 - AC15/F13/R13/W15 - HS 9/10 - AP 1/2
    @D0 - Status: Normal.
    Malryna - 19/25 - AC16/F14/R14/W12 - HS 3/7 - AP 1/2
    @I10 - Status: Normal. -- Blackfang @H9 22/22 - AC15/F12/R13/W13 - HS 2/2
    Paela - 25/25 - AC14/F11/R14/W16 - HS 5/7 - AP 0/2
    @C0 - Status: Normal.
    Archer Leader - 31/31 - AC16/F13/R14/W13
    @L10 - Status: +4 AC vs OA.
    Clay Scout 1 - 22/31 - AC16/F13/R14/W15
    @I7 - Status: Normal.
    Clay Scout 2 - 31/31 - AC16/F13/R14/W15
    @F6 - Status: Normal.
    Bridge's Rope - 30/30 - AC5
    0/2 West Side / 0/2 East Side - Status: Normal.

    Draw On Holy Might on
  • Options
    JoeslopJoeslop Registered User regular
    edited November 2009
    Ayliana found her arms and legs again, collecting herself to her full height, focusing her wrath on the nearest flier. However she telegraphs her swing far too early and the flier easily moves out of the way.

    "Blasted things! I hate pottery!" She scowled at the creatures while yelling to the Drow, "Malryna! I want him alive!"
    Move: Shift to H6.
    Minor: Divine Challenge Clay Scout 1.
    Standard:Holy Strike: 1d20+6 8 MISS 1d10+5 12.

    Joeslop on
  • Options
    El SkidEl Skid The frozen white northRegistered User regular
    edited November 2009
    Paela continued to scribble in her notebook as she tried to asses the thamatic readings in the area. Almost as an afterthought she pointed her staff in the general direction of the nearest scout, but the ensuing bolt was still ineffective.

    scribble scribble

    The creatures don't seem to be immune to magic, though there are some Antar currents that could be displacing the thaumatic resonance...
    Move: to G0
    Standard:Chaos Bolt vs Will on Clay Scout 1, with in-case second roll if applicable: 1d20+5 9 1d10+8 12 MISS 1d20+5 12 1d6 2 N/A

    Okay, my rolling is getting stupid. 60% chance to hit and I miss 80% of the time, seriously? :(

    El Skid on
  • Options
    TiamatZTiamatZ Ghost puns The Banette of my existenceRegistered User regular
    edited November 2009
    The Drow grabs and pulls the arrow from her left shoulder, trying to ignore the aching pain that follows. She stalks her prey, and both ranger and spider lunge themselves to the human.

    "An eye for an eye!", cries Malryna as she pierces the archer in the opposite shoulder with her Drow Long Knife. The human clenchrd his teeth and closed his eyes momentarily, as the curving weapon slices and cuts the flesh, leaving pain and ache in it's wake. Blackfang takes advantage of this opportunity to move to the side of the archer, focusing on locking him in.

    Oh, I intend to capture him alive. But first, he and his little group of clay monsters will pay for this scar on my face!
    Move Action: Move Malryna to K10 and Blackfang to K9
    Standard Action: Circling Strike (At-Will)
    (1d20+7 vs. AC) = 26
    (1d6+5+1d6) = 7+3 = 10
    Shift Blackfang to L9

    Status:
    Kazadim - 24/24 - AC18/F15/R15/W12 - HS 8/8 - AP 1/2
    @H0 - Status: Normal.
    Ayliana - 24/29 - AC20/F14/R14/W14 - HS 7/12 - AP 0/2
    @H5 - Status: Normal.
    Flutter - 28/28 - AC15/F13/R13/W15 - HS 9/10 - AP 1/2
    @D0 - Status: Normal.
    Malryna - 19/25 - AC16/F14/R14/W12 - HS 3/7 - AP 1/2
    @I10 - Status: Normal. -- Blackfang @H9 22/22 - AC15/F12/R13/W13 - HS 2/2
    Paela - 25/25 - AC14/F11/R14/W16 - HS 5/7 - AP 0/2
    @C0 - Status: Normal.
    Archer Leader - 21/31 - AC16/F13/R14/W13
    @L10 - Status: +4 AC vs OA.
    Clay Scout 1 - 22/31 - AC16/F13/R14/W15
    @I7 - Status: Normal.
    Clay Scout 2 - 31/31 - AC16/F13/R14/W15
    @F6 - Status: Normal.
    Bridge's Rope - 30/30 - AC5
    0/2 West Side / 0/2 East Side - Status: Normal.

    TiamatZ on
  • Options
    InkSplatInkSplat 100%ed Bad Rats. Registered User regular
    edited November 2009
    Flutter calls on the swarm of butterflies to attack the nearest scout once more, but the buffeting of its wings is enough this time to protect it on this occasion.

    In response, the deva breaks apart, perhaps to rekindle some lost power.
    Standard: Grasping Tide centered on E7.
    Grasping Tide vs Clay Scout 1 (Fort (13)): 1d20+5 9 1d6+4 6 Miss!

    Minor: Wildshape into Swarm. Gaining Resist 3.

    InkSplat on
    Origin for Dragon Age: Inquisition Shenanigans: Inksplat776
  • Options
    robp85robp85 Registered User regular
    edited November 2009
    Round 4

    The clay creatures continue their horrendous mental assault this time targeting Kazadim and Ayliana. Both feel the wrath of the flying monsters. Shooting pains in their heads distort their senses and slow their movements noticeably. The homunculi seem to show a satisfied expression on their faces as they realize the attacks were successful.

    The archer, realizing he's cornered with nowhere to run, drops his bow in favor of his sword at his side. As he pulls the sword from its sheath, he slices across the body of Malryna. Once again, blood flows freely from a fresh wound opened up by another of the archers attacks on the Drow. The archer smiles evilly. In the face of all these odds, you're beginning to notice that maybe these cultists are more interested in causing pain than even saving their own lives.

    Actions:
    Clay Scout 1:

    Move: Shift to J7
    Standard: Mind Touch vs Kazadim (Ref:15) = 24 Hit for 6 damage!
    Kazadim is now dazed.

    Clay Scout 2:

    Standard: Mind Touch vs Ayliana (Ref:14) = 25 CRIT!!! Hit for 9 damage!
    Ayliana is now dazed.

    Archer Leader:

    Free: Drop bow
    Minor: Draw short sword
    Standard: Short Sword vs Malryna (AC:16) = 21 Hit for 6 damage!

    Map:
    be7i55.png

    Special notes: The bridge has stats! See the status section for information. They can be cut but both strands must be cut on a single side to drop the bridge.

    When standing on or next to the bridge, you have an at-will power at your disposal:

    Shake the Bridge:
    Standard Action
    Requirement: You must be on or adjacent to the bridge.
    Check: Athletics check (DC 10) to sway the bridge.
    Success: The bridge sways.
    Target: Each creature standing on the bridge (including you, if
    applicable)
    Attack: Level + 3 vs. Reflex
    Hit: The target is knocked prone.

    Initiative:
    Stonefist Defender
    Paela
    Flutter
    Ayliana
    Malryna
    Kazadim

    Clay Scouts
    Archer Leader

    Status:
    Kazadim - 18/24 - AC18/F15/R15/W12 - HS 8/8 - AP 1/2
    @H6 - Status: Dazed.
    Ayliana - 15/29 - AC20/F14/R14/W14 - HS 7/12 - AP 0/2
    @H7 - Status: Dazed.
    Flutter - 28/28 - AC15/F13/R13/W15 - HS 9/10 - AP 1/2
    @D0 - Status: Normal.
    Malryna - 13/25 - AC16/F14/R14/W12 - HS 4/7 - AP 1/2
    @K10 - Status: Normal. -- Blackfang @K9 22/22 - AC15/F12/R13/W13 - HS 2/2
    Paela - 25/25 - AC14/F11/R14/W16 - HS 5/7 - AP 0/2
    @G0 - Status: Normal.
    Archer Leader - 21/31 - AC16/F13/R14/W13
    @L10 - Status: +4 AC vs OA.
    Clay Scout 1 - 22/31 - AC16/F13/R14/W15
    @I8 - Status: Divine Challenge (Ayliana).
    Clay Scout 2 - 31/31 - AC16/F13/R14/W15
    @F6 - Status: Normal.
    Bridge's Rope - 30/30 - AC5
    0/2 West Side / 0/2 East Side - Status: Normal.

    Next up: Everyone!

    robp85 on
    Skard, Shifter Warden
    Basic Attack +26 vs AC -- Damage 1d10+19 (+5 if enemy is prone) (+2 if Longtooth Shifting is active)
  • Options
    TiamatZTiamatZ Ghost puns The Banette of my existenceRegistered User regular
    edited November 2009
    The ranger tries to ignore the recent wound, and says to her spider ally, "Pincer formation! Just like we trained." Blackfang gladly chitters, and the Drow and spider move as one: the spider behind the archer, and the ranger on the side. But the target must have known what a pincer was, as he was able to dodge the Drow's weapons and the spider's bite, letting not a single blow come to him.

    As a last resort, Malryna taps within her Dark Elven heritage once more, covering the enemy and herself in darkness. If the cultist were to escape to the door behind the Drow now, he would have to move through the inky darkness that has the alert Drow within it. Or if the archer were to harm her once more, he would have to do it blindly, and as experience taught the Drow: striking someone blindly is a sure sign of recklessness.
    Standard Action: Enclose the Prey (Encounter)
    Before the attack, I shift malryna to K11, and Blackfang to M9
    (1d20+7+2 for flanking him vs. AC) = 13 Miss!

    Minor Action: Activate Cloud of Darkness (Encounter)
    (Squares J10-L12 are covered in darkness that remains in place until the end of my next turn. The cloud blocks line of sight, squares within it are totally obscured, and creatures entirely within it are blinded until they exit. You are immune to these effects.

    Edit 1: Corrected Blackfang's movement to M9, not M10

    TiamatZ on
  • Options
    El SkidEl Skid The frozen white northRegistered User regular
    edited November 2009
    Paela shook her head. Enough of this long-range stuff, obviously the thamatic dynamics are calling for something a bit closer in.

    Paela started across the rickety bridge and stopped halfway across, calling on her magic to blast the two scouts.

    A huge surge of force is unleashed, quite unlike what Paela was expecting. Everyone in the cavern is swept back a step by the rush of magically-charged air, but everyone seems unharmed...except the northernmost scout, who is tossed around like a rag doll and thrown the length of the cavern, suffering horrible wounds in the process.

    Paela blinked. Well, that was interesting!
    Move: to H5
    Encounter: Bedeviling Burst vs Will on scout 1 and scout 2: 1d20+5 6 1d10+8 15 MISS Natural 1 1d20+5 18 1d10+8 16HIT scout 2 for 16 damage.

    First attack roll is odd, Paela gets a saving throw (wasted).
    Roll of 1: Each creature within 5 squares is pushed 1.
    Pet pushed to L9
    Malryna pushed to L11
    Archer Leader hits a wall and doesnt move
    Scout 1 pushed to K9 (since it was apparently at J9, thanks InkSplat)
    Scout 2 pushed to E6
    Flutter pushed to C0
    Ayliana pushed to H8
    Kazadim pushed to H7
    Bedevelling burst on scout 2 hit with an odd roll, so pushes 4 squares to A6
    Status:
    Kazadim - 18/24 - AC18/F15/R15/W12 - HS 8/8 - AP 1/2
    @H7 - Status: Dazed.
    Ayliana - 15/29 - AC20/F14/R14/W14 - HS 7/12 - AP 0/2
    @H8 - Status: Dazed.
    Flutter - 28/28 - AC15/F13/R13/W15 - HS 9/10 - AP 1/2
    @C0 - Status: Normal.
    Malryna - 13/25 - AC16/F14/R14/W12 - HS 4/7 - AP 1/2
    @L11 - Status: Normal. -- Blackfang @L9 22/22 - AC15/F12/R13/W13 - HS 2/2
    Paela -25/25 - AC14/F11/R14/W16 - HS 5/7 - AP 0/2
    @H5 - Status: Normal.
    Archer Leader - 21/31 - AC16/F13/R14/W13
    @L10 - Status: +4 AC vs OA.
    Clay Scout 1 - 22/31 - AC16/F13/R14/W15
    @K9 - Status: Divine Challenge (Ayliana).
    Clay Scout 2 - 15/31 - AC16/F13/R14/W15
    @A6 - Status: Bloodied.
    Bridge's Rope - 30/30 - AC5
    0/2 West Side / 0/2 East Side - Status: Normal.

    El Skid on
  • Options
    InkSplatInkSplat 100%ed Bad Rats. Registered User regular
    edited November 2009
    The massive swarm of butterflies suddenly surges forward onto the bridge, where it quickly and mercilessly expands to engulf the second clay scout. One flurry is followed by another, and this one is simply too much for the airborne scout to take as the swarm of pulsing insects pierce its body in hundreds of places, leaving nothing but chunks to fall onto the mushrooms below.
    Move: Run to H5.
    Standard: Swarming Locusts vs Clay Scout 2
    Swarming Locusts vs Clay Scout 2 (Wis vs Ref(14)): 1d20+5 17 Hit! 1d8+4 7

    Action Point: Swarming Locusts vs Clay Scout 2
    Swarming Locusts vs Clay Scout 2 (Wis vs Ref(14)): 1d20+5 13 +2 from Tactical Presence, for a total of 15. Hit! 1d8+4 9

    Clay Scout 2 is Dead!

    InkSplat on
    Origin for Dragon Age: Inquisition Shenanigans: Inksplat776
  • Options
    JoeslopJoeslop Registered User regular
    edited November 2009
    Ayliana snorted, sprinting off the bridge to where the Drow was fighting in a cloud of darkness. "Take care of that last scout!" she shouted as she left.

    Blasted flying things, I knew I should have trained with a bow more..

    She charged into the darkness where she knew the Drow and Archer were, hitting what she hoped was the Archer with her hammer.
    Move: to K11
    Minor: Divine Challenge on the Archer leader
    StandardHoly Strike: 1d20+6 24 1d10+5 14
    If I take the -5 for blindness, I still hit with a 19.

    Joeslop on
  • Options
    Draw On Holy MightDraw On Holy Might Registered User regular
    edited November 2009
    The assault of the clay scout tore through his mind, waves of nausea and pain overcoming his senses. The world around him was a blur of afterimages and static. He felt the rope bridge shudder violently beneath his feet, not realizing he had been shaking it trying to stay upright. He grasped around for one of the lengths of rope that ran as a hand hold for the bridge, but had trouble locating it. He muttered something, unintelligible and belligerent, and stumbled forward suddenly, as if pushed by someone.
    Kazadim spun around to check behind him, only seeing the familiar forms of, what he took to be at the moment, the Sorcerer and the Druid.
    Perhaps he was just imagining things.

    He heard someone shout something then, the words echoing dramatically in his head, but they were distorted and sounded far off.

    “Flying bastards. I’ll kill you myself!”
    As forceful as he was about it, the genasi’s words came out muddled and slurred, only really half coherent. He awkwardly charged forward, sword ready, but the effects of the mental assault were overpowering his senses and coordination. His blade swung wide over the head of the clay scout.

    He let out a frustrated groan.
    Standard: Charge to J9 and attack Clay Scout 1
    Attack: (1d20+9) = 12, Miss
    Saving Throw (against daze): (1d20) = 18, Success!

    Draw On Holy Might on
  • Options
    robp85robp85 Registered User regular
    edited November 2009
    TiamatZ, you had Blackfang move to M10 which is the wall the archer is up against. Did you mean to do that?

    robp85 on
    Skard, Shifter Warden
    Basic Attack +26 vs AC -- Damage 1d10+19 (+5 if enemy is prone) (+2 if Longtooth Shifting is active)
  • Options
    El SkidEl Skid The frozen white northRegistered User regular
    edited December 2009
    robp85 wrote: »
    TiamatZ, you had Blackfang move to M10 which is the wall the archer is up against. Did you mean to do that?
    Gah. I missed the movement part of TiamatZ's turn. Can you figure out what would happen if I pushed em all 1 square given this movement and correct, Rob?

    El Skid on
  • Options
    robp85robp85 Registered User regular
    edited December 2009
    El Skid wrote: »
    robp85 wrote: »
    TiamatZ, you had Blackfang move to M10 which is the wall the archer is up against. Did you mean to do that?
    Gah. I missed the movement part of TiamatZ's turn. Can you figure out what would happen if I pushed em all 1 square given this movement and correct, Rob?

    Yeah. I'll take care of it.

    robp85 on
    Skard, Shifter Warden
    Basic Attack +26 vs AC -- Damage 1d10+19 (+5 if enemy is prone) (+2 if Longtooth Shifting is active)
  • Options
    TiamatZTiamatZ Ghost puns The Banette of my existenceRegistered User regular
    edited December 2009
    robp85 wrote: »
    TiamatZ, you had Blackfang move to M10 which is the wall the archer is up against. Did you mean to do that?
    Oops. Sorry. It's M9, not M10. I just basically wanted to flank him to gain some combat advantage. Updated my post to reflect that.

    TiamatZ on
  • Options
    robp85robp85 Registered User regular
    edited December 2009
    Ink, I was looking at your turn and unfortunately, you can't hit Clay Scout 2 with Swarming Locusts. Because of the attack Paela did on it, it's pushed too far away. I'll let you redo your turn. Right now Clay Scout 2 is at A6. In fact, I'll just post a map up for you to see as if you hadn't taken your turn.

    Let me know when you're done with your turn.

    Thanks.

    Map: (everyone but Flutter has gone in this map)
    1191gg5.png

    Special notes: The bridge has stats! See the status section for information. They can be cut but both strands must be cut on a single side to drop the bridge.

    When standing on or next to the bridge, you have an at-will power at your disposal:

    Shake the Bridge:
    Standard Action
    Requirement: You must be on or adjacent to the bridge.
    Check: Athletics check (DC 10) to sway the bridge.
    Success: The bridge sways.
    Target: Each creature standing on the bridge (including you, if
    applicable)
    Attack: Level + 3 vs. Reflex
    Hit: The target is knocked prone.

    robp85 on
    Skard, Shifter Warden
    Basic Attack +26 vs AC -- Damage 1d10+19 (+5 if enemy is prone) (+2 if Longtooth Shifting is active)
  • Options
    InkSplatInkSplat 100%ed Bad Rats. Registered User regular
    edited December 2009
    Ugh. Can we just say I went before Paela? :P

    Aanyway. Can we actually just minus the run (so no loss of defenses), having me move to H2 and change my attacks to Grasping Tide for -4 damage, leaving the Scout at 4? Or do you want me to reroll all my attacks and damages?

    InkSplat on
    Origin for Dragon Age: Inquisition Shenanigans: Inksplat776
  • Options
    robp85robp85 Registered User regular
    edited December 2009
    InkSplat wrote: »
    Ugh. Can we just say I went before Paela? :P

    Aanyway. Can we actually just minus the run (so no loss of defenses), having me move to H2 and change my attacks to Grasping Tide for -4 damage, leaving the Scout at 4? Or do you want me to reroll all my attacks and damages?

    I think we should have you reroll your attack and damages. Who knows, maybe you'll still kill the scout. Once we get that done, I'll post the new round up.

    Sorry for the delay all.

    robp85 on
    Skard, Shifter Warden
    Basic Attack +26 vs AC -- Damage 1d10+19 (+5 if enemy is prone) (+2 if Longtooth Shifting is active)
  • Options
    InkSplatInkSplat 100%ed Bad Rats. Registered User regular
    edited December 2009
    Flutter returns to her Deva form and advances, sending yet another stream of butterflies out after the nearest scout. Unfortunately, they are dispersed by the beating of clay wings.
    Move: H2.
    Minor: Wildshape back to humanoid, shift to H3.
    Standard: Grasping Tide vs Clay Scout 2. Miss.

    Meh.

    InkSplat on
    Origin for Dragon Age: Inquisition Shenanigans: Inksplat776
  • Options
    robp85robp85 Registered User regular
    edited December 2009
    Ouch, sorry about that Ink. On a happier note, you've got your AP back!

    Alright, that was a tricky round. Let's hope everything turned out alright in my status and map...

    Round 5

    The forces of evil don't stop their assault even after Paela's explosion of power or loss of control. The clay homunculi aim their psychic energies at Kazadim and Paela. Kazadim feels the sting of the attack while Paela is able to fight it off.

    The archer leader swings wildly in response to Ayliana hitting him and though he doesn't know who he hits, he is able to connect with Ayliana and draw more blood from the eladrin's body. He lets out a cry of victory before returning to his defensive stance.

    Actions:
    Archer Leader:

    Standard: Short Sword (-5 for being blind right now) vs Ayliana (AC:20) = 20 Hit for 6 damage!

    Clay Scout 1:

    Move: Shift to K7
    Standard: Mind Touch vs Kazadim (Ref:15) = 16 Hit for 4 damage!
    Kazadim is Dazed (save ends).

    Clay Scout 2:

    Standard: Mind Touch vs Paela (Ref:14) = 12 Miss!

    Map:
    sazddc.png

    Special notes: The bridge has stats! See the status section for information. They can be cut but both strands must be cut on a single side to drop the bridge.

    When standing on or next to the bridge, you have an at-will power at your disposal:

    Shake the Bridge:
    Standard Action
    Requirement: You must be on or adjacent to the bridge.
    Check: Athletics check (DC 10) to sway the bridge.
    Success: The bridge sways.
    Target: Each creature standing on the bridge (including you, if
    applicable)
    Attack: Level + 3 vs. Reflex
    Hit: The target is knocked prone.

    Initiative:
    Paela
    Flutter
    Ayliana
    Malryna
    Kazadim

    Clay Scouts
    Archer Leader

    Status:
    Kazadim - 14/24 - AC18/F15/R15/W12 - HS 8/8 - AP 1/2
    @J9 - Status: Dazed.
    Ayliana - 9/29 - AC20/F14/R14/W14 - HS 7/12 - AP 0/2
    @K11 - Status: Bloodied.
    Flutter - 28/28 - AC15/F13/R13/W15 - HS 9/10 - AP 1/2
    @H2 - Status: Normal.
    Malryna - 13/25 - AC16/F14/R14/W12 - HS 4/7 - AP 1/2
    @K12 - Status: Normal. -- Blackfang @M9 22/22 - AC15/F12/R13/W13 - HS 2/2
    Paela - 25/25 - AC14/F11/R14/W16 - HS 5/7 - AP 0/2
    @H5 - Status: Normal.
    Archer Leader - 7/31 - AC16/F13/R14/W13
    @L11 - Status: Divine Challenge (Ayliana). Bloodied. +4 AC vs OA.
    Clay Scout 1 - 22/31 - AC16/F13/R14/W15
    @K7 - Status: Normal.
    Clay Scout 2 - 15/31 - AC16/F13/R14/W15
    @A6 - Status: Bloodied.
    Bridge's Rope - 30/30 - AC5
    0/2 West Side / 0/2 East Side - Status: Normal.

    Next up: Everyone!

    robp85 on
    Skard, Shifter Warden
    Basic Attack +26 vs AC -- Damage 1d10+19 (+5 if enemy is prone) (+2 if Longtooth Shifting is active)
  • Options
    TiamatZTiamatZ Ghost puns The Banette of my existenceRegistered User regular
    edited December 2009
    The archer's cry of victory would prove to be his own undoing. Blackfang listens to the archer's cries and rushes into the artificial darkness. It bumps into the archer, momentarily catching him off guard. This gave the Drow the advantage, as she could see the archer's staggering as clearly as day. Instead of lunging toward the archer, she merely butts him on his head with her knife's pommel, knocking him out cold and landing with a resounding *thud* on the floor, unconscious. The Drow quickly rushed out of the darkness, and starts studying her new prey, intent on finishing this once and for all.

    As the darkness subsides, all the Eladrin could see was the ranger's spider next to the knocked out human, confused by this sudden turn of events...
    Standard Action: Circling Strike (At-Will)
    Before the attack, I shift Blackfang to L10.
    (1d20+7 vs. AC) = 25 HIT!
    Damage: 8+6 = 14, and Archer is Knocked Out!

    Move Action: Move to G10, Blackfang stays in L10.

    Minor Action: Designate Clay Scout 1 (K7) as my new quarry

    Cloud of Darkness subsides.


    Status:
    Kazadim - 14/24 - AC18/F15/R15/W12 - HS 8/8 - AP 1/2
    @J9 - Status: Dazed.
    Ayliana - 9/29 - AC20/F14/R14/W14 - HS 7/12 - AP 0/2
    @K11 - Status: Bloodied.
    Flutter - 28/28 - AC15/F13/R13/W15 - HS 9/10 - AP 1/2
    @H2 - Status: Normal.
    Malryna - 13/25 - AC16/F14/R14/W12 - HS 4/7 - AP 1/2
    @K12 - Status: Normal. -- Blackfang @M9 22/22 - AC15/F12/R13/W13 - HS 2/2
    Paela - 25/25 - AC14/F11/R14/W16 - HS 5/7 - AP 0/2
    @H5 - Status: Normal.
    Archer Leader - -7/31 - AC16/F13/R14/W13
    @L11 - Status: KO, Unconsious. +4 AC vs OA.
    Clay Scout 1 - 22/31 - AC16/F13/R14/W15
    @K7 - Status: Hunter's Quarry.
    Clay Scout 2 - 15/31 - AC16/F13/R14/W15
    @A6 - Status: Bloodied.
    Bridge's Rope - 30/30 - AC5
    0/2 West Side / 0/2 East Side - Status: Normal.

    TiamatZ on
  • Options
    Draw On Holy MightDraw On Holy Might Registered User regular
    edited December 2009
    The assault continued, steel and shield doing nothing to protect his mind from the psychic energies of the clay scouts.
    Kazadim shuddered under the effects of his disorientation, having trouble focusing on the battle around him. He raised his shield up haphazardly and dug his heels into the earth, hopefully enough to brace himself for any further attacks from these flying devils.

    Out of Inspiring Words for the encounter.
    Standard: Total Defense (+2 to all defenses until the start of my next turn)
    Saving Throw vs. Daze: (1d20) = 3, bleh

    Draw On Holy Might on
  • Options
    JoeslopJoeslop Registered User regular
    edited December 2009
    As the archer fell, Ayliana automatically turned her head to look at the battlefield. Noticing the scout standing near the edge, she charged at it, mentally asking for Bahamut's blessing. She slid to a stop at the edge, letting her momentum carry through her hammer, glancing off the scout but tearing one of its wings slightly.
    Move: To K8.
    Minor: Divine Challenge Scout at K7.
    Standard:Holy Strike: 1d20+6 22 1d10+5 7 Clay Scout at K7

    Joeslop on
  • Options
    El SkidEl Skid The frozen white northRegistered User regular
    edited December 2009
    Paela narrowed her eyes at the scout that had just tried to attack her.

    "Maybe this isn't about the aura of this place..." she said, determination bleeding from her voice. "Maybe I need.... to get angry".

    Pointing her staff at the offending scout, she unleashed a bolt of acid that seared a gaping wound into its chest. As her rage and the magic coursed through her, she raised her head back and cackled triumphantly "Yesssss!"
    Standard: Acid Orb vs Reflex on Clay Scout 2: 1d20+5 19 1d10+8 13 HIT for 13 damage
    Paela gets +1 to AC until EONT due to the even attack roll.

    Move: to H9

    El Skid on
  • Options
    InkSplatInkSplat 100%ed Bad Rats. Registered User regular
    edited December 2009
    Flutter makes her way across the bridge before lashing out with a new serpentine formation of butterflies. The clay scout evades the first strike, but the Deva refocuses and catches him before he can dodge again.
    Move: H8
    Standard: Grasping Tide vs Clay Scout 2: Miss.
    Action Point: Grasping Tide centered on B6.
    Grasping Tide vs Clay Scout 2: 1d20+7 16 1d6+4 10 Hit for 10 damage.

    InkSplat on
    Origin for Dragon Age: Inquisition Shenanigans: Inksplat776
  • Options
    robp85robp85 Registered User regular
    edited December 2009
    Round 6

    Flutter's butterflies are finally able to rip the clay construct apart causing it to fall to the mushroom field below.

    The final, conscious defender floats into a weird position between the paladin and the warlord before trying to sink its teeth into Ayliana. The eladrin easily moves out of the way of the slow moving attack.

    Actions:
    Clay Scout 1:

    Move: Shift to J8
    Standard: Bite vs Ayliana (AC:20) = 12 Miss!

    Map:
    nyi78y.png

    Special notes: The bridge has stats! See the status section for information. They can be cut but both strands must be cut on a single side to drop the bridge.

    When standing on or next to the bridge, you have an at-will power at your disposal:

    Shake the Bridge:
    Standard Action
    Requirement: You must be on or adjacent to the bridge.
    Check: Athletics check (DC 10) to sway the bridge.
    Success: The bridge sways.
    Target: Each creature standing on the bridge (including you, if
    applicable)
    Attack: Level + 3 vs. Reflex
    Hit: The target is knocked prone.

    The yellow "X" over the archer leader's portrait indicates he is unconscious.

    Initiative:
    Paela
    Flutter
    Ayliana
    Malryna
    Kazadim

    Clay Scout 1

    Status:
    Kazadim - 14/24 - AC18/F15/R15/W12 - HS 8/8 - AP 1/2
    @J9 - Status: Dazed. Total Defense (+2 to all defenses till EONT).
    Ayliana - 9/29 - AC20/F14/R14/W14 - HS 7/12 - AP 0/2
    @K8 - Status: Bloodied.
    Flutter - 28/28 - AC15/F13/R13/W15 - HS 9/10 - AP 0/2
    @H8 - Status: Normal.
    Malryna - 13/25 - AC16/F14/R14/W12 - HS 4/7 - AP 1/2
    @G10 - Status: Normal. -- Blackfang @L10 22/22 - AC15/F12/R13/W13 - HS 2/2
    Paela - 25/25 - AC14/F11/R14/W16 - HS 5/7 - AP 0/2
    @H9 - Status: Normal.
    Archer Leader - -7/31 - AC16/F13/R14/W13
    @L11 - Status: Unconscious.
    Clay Scout 1 - 15/31 - AC16/F13/R14/W15
    @J8 - Status: Bloodied. Quarry. Divine Challenge.
    Bridge's Rope - 30/30 - AC5
    0/2 West Side / 0/2 East Side - Status: Normal.

    Next up: Everyone!

    Just one guy left. Go, go, go!

    robp85 on
    Skard, Shifter Warden
    Basic Attack +26 vs AC -- Damage 1d10+19 (+5 if enemy is prone) (+2 if Longtooth Shifting is active)
  • Options
    El SkidEl Skid The frozen white northRegistered User regular
    edited December 2009
    Paela takes aim at the last scout, blood still boiling from her focused anger, and unleashes a searing bolt of acid that envelopes the scout, destroying it utterly.

    Oh yeah, now I got it!
    Acid Orb vs Reflex vs remiaing scout: 1d20+5 25 1d10+8 14 HIT CRIT for 18 Damage

    El Skid on
Sign In or Register to comment.