Options

[D&D 4e IC] Den of the Slavetakers

12357

Posts

  • Options
    robp85robp85 Registered User regular
    edited December 2009
    Sorry, immediate interrupt incoming...

    Using another psychic ability to fool Paela into thinking Kazadim was the clay creature almost worked. However, the chaos inherent in the halfling's magic use causes her to miss her target, Kazadim, and accidentally connects with the clay scout who floats just a few feet away, much to the surprise of the sorceress.
    Clay Scout 1 uses Redirect:
    Redirect vs Paela (Will:16) = 24 Hit!
    Second Chance reroll = 7 Miss!
    This ends combat. Go ahead and do your normal, post battle dance and let me know what you would like to do next.

    380xp awarded to each of you.

    I'll be updating this post with the "Who's who" after a meeting :)

    Status:
    Kazadim - 14/24 - AC18/F15/R15/W12 - HS 8/8 - AP 1/2
    @J9 - Status: Dazed.
    Ayliana - 9/29 - AC20/F14/R14/W14 - HS 7/12 - AP 0/2
    @K8 - Status: Bloodied.
    Flutter - 28/28 - AC15/F13/R13/W15 - HS 9/10 - AP 0/2
    @H8 - Status: Normal.
    Malryna - 13/25 - AC16/F14/R14/W12 - HS 4/7 - AP 1/2
    @G10 - Status: Normal. -- Blackfang @L10 22/22 - AC15/F12/R13/W13 - HS 2/2
    Paela - 25/25 - AC14/F11/R14/W16 - HS 5/7 - AP 0/2
    @H9 - Status: Normal.
    Archer Leader - -7/31 - AC16/F13/R14/W13
    @L11 - Status: Unconscious.
    Bridge's Rope - 30/30 - AC5
    0/2 West Side / 0/2 East Side - Status: Normal.

    robp85 on
    Skard, Shifter Warden
    Basic Attack +26 vs AC -- Damage 1d10+19 (+5 if enemy is prone) (+2 if Longtooth Shifting is active)
  • Options
    robp85robp85 Registered User regular
    edited December 2009
    Who's Who In Encounter 2:
    The Tank: Ayliana taking 30 damage.
    The Killer: Flutter killing 5 enemies.
    The Most Feared: Paela causing 54 damage.
    The Healer: Kazadim healing 22 damage.
    The Dice Hates: Malryna with 3 misses.

    robp85 on
    Skard, Shifter Warden
    Basic Attack +26 vs AC -- Damage 1d10+19 (+5 if enemy is prone) (+2 if Longtooth Shifting is active)
  • Options
    El SkidEl Skid The frozen white northRegistered User regular
    edited December 2009
    "Phew, that was quite a workout!" said Paela conversationally. "Glad noone got hurt!"

    Then she looked a bit closer at most of the rest of the party and winced. "errrmmm...Good thing noone got killed?" Looking slightly abashed, Paela wanders towards the archer. "Maybe I should go over here and see if they left us anything useful....Come help, Jenny."

    El Skid on
  • Options
    Draw On Holy MightDraw On Holy Might Registered User regular
    edited December 2009
    With his reactions as sluggish as they were, Kazadim would never have been able to avoid the blast of acid that the Sorceress had launched so dangerously close to him. He would have likely shouted an accusatory curse, but in truth, he barely noticed it at all, caught up in trying to shake the overwhelmingly painful sensations that lingered about in his head.

    When the commotion around him had finally subsided, the genasi stumbled forward into the nearby wall for support, barely managing to get his sword into its scabbard at his side. He leaned heavily on one arm, head hanging low, rubbing the pain in his temples away with his free hand. The haze and disorientation passed after a few long moments, and he drew in several deep breaths before straightening himself up and turning back to face his companions.

    “Indeed, it is good to see us all still in one piece.” He glanced about. “Exceptional.”

    He made his way down to the unconscious human, taking note of the slow breathing and the small amount of blood that had already started pooling around his wounds.

    “So, he still clings to life?” He rolled the archer leader over onto its back with a shove from his boot heel. “Let us discover what he knows.”


    Edit:
    Spending a healing surge, putting me at 20/24 hit points

    Draw On Holy Might on
  • Options
    TiamatZTiamatZ Ghost puns The Banette of my existenceRegistered User regular
    edited December 2009
    With the final clay scout destroyed, Malryna sheathes her knife and boomerang back into their respective holsters on her sides. Taking out some herbs she found in the wild from her bag, she grinds them and applies them to her wounds. Though she had enough for her shoulder and other wounds, she did not have enough for the scar on her face. She would have to come and accept that this wound would have to heal by itself. But this in turn would leave a mark that would likely stay there forever, scarring her dark elven complextion.

    Leaving Blackfang behind to guard their new guest, the Drow ranger takes position behind the door the cultists came through and takes guard duty for the group, while the rest try to find some answers from the now-unconscious human...

    Spend 2 healing surges. Back to 25/25 (Remaining Healing Surges: 3). Reset all my encounter powers if we are taking a short rest.

    Move to J13 to guard the door (and warn my allies should someone come out).

    Roll Perception to listen for any commotion behind the door: (1d20+7) = 17

    TiamatZ on
  • Options
    robp85robp85 Registered User regular
    edited December 2009
    The archer lays unconscious for a few minutes as you all rest. Eventually he awakes with a look of confusion. Obviously, he expected more from death.

    As the realization that he still lives sets in, he begins snarling and cursing at the group. He demands you release him and also mentions that Torog would not tolerate your insolence any longer. He ends his rant with, "Release me and I promise I will make your deaths quick and painless."

    Meanwhile, Malryna stands at the door and hears some sort of chanting coming from inside as well as some whimpering and an occasional scream. Something's going on in that room and it doesn't sound good.

    robp85 on
    Skard, Shifter Warden
    Basic Attack +26 vs AC -- Damage 1d10+19 (+5 if enemy is prone) (+2 if Longtooth Shifting is active)
  • Options
    Draw On Holy MightDraw On Holy Might Registered User regular
    edited December 2009
    Kazadim glared down at the archer. His eyes flashed green fire, the low growl in the back of his throat almost like thunder.
    The words struck, as some would say, a bad chord with the genasi.

    “Hold your tongue until I tell you otherwise, you bottom-feeding mongrel, lest I cut it from your mouth.”

    He planted one booted foot forcefully into the human’s chest, lending most of his weight on it as he bent over to continue speaking.
    “I only want to know to things. Who is in charge here, and where are the prisoners?”

    The archer spat and cursed in the name of Torog, foretelling of their imminent deaths and suffering.
    Undeterred, and growing angrier, Kazadim produced a dagger from his belt, slicing open the palm of his hand with a grimace of pain. He squeezed it into a tight fist for a moment, the caustic blood oozing quickly from the cut, before he reached down and grabbed the archer’s throat with the same hand. The acid sizzled and seared away flesh and armor, as the genasi’s grip tightened.

    “Tell me the information I require!”
    Intimidate: (1d20+6) = 21

    Draw On Holy Might on
  • Options
    robp85robp85 Registered User regular
    edited December 2009
    The still-defiant enemy coughs as Kazadim places additional pressure on his chest. Though he offers the information that was asked for, he keeps the defiant attitude.

    "You all will die by the hands of Morgana and her minions. They, and the slaves, are in the room right there." He nods his head towards the door behind Kazadim. "You may be strong, but the might of Torog and his servant Morgana is far greater than any of you could understand!"

    He spits one more time towards the face of Kazadim. Unfortunately, the spit doesn't fly high enough and and it falls back onto his own face. He growls and continues to curse everyone left standing.

    robp85 on
    Skard, Shifter Warden
    Basic Attack +26 vs AC -- Damage 1d10+19 (+5 if enemy is prone) (+2 if Longtooth Shifting is active)
  • Options
    InkSplatInkSplat 100%ed Bad Rats. Registered User regular
    edited December 2009
    "Are they aware of our presence?" Flutter eyes the man, looking down on him as she speaks. The butterflies around her pulse rapidly, shifting shades of violet as various thoughts of how to deal with the man race through her collective mind.

    InkSplat on
    Origin for Dragon Age: Inquisition Shenanigans: Inksplat776
  • Options
    robp85robp85 Registered User regular
    edited December 2009
    "Of course they are!" the man growls. "And as soon as the ritual has finished, they will come out here to deal with all of you."

    The man eyes the butterflies warily, knowing what thy did to some of the clay constructs.

    robp85 on
    Skard, Shifter Warden
    Basic Attack +26 vs AC -- Damage 1d10+19 (+5 if enemy is prone) (+2 if Longtooth Shifting is active)
  • Options
    TiamatZTiamatZ Ghost puns The Banette of my existenceRegistered User regular
    edited December 2009
    Malryna tries to quiet the group, intent on listening if the cultists were indeed aware if they were here.

    "Keep that fool quiet, or finish him off! It looks like he doesn't intend to betray the other cultists or Morgana anytime soon."

    The Drow puts her ear on the door, trying to pick up any voices that might be Morgana, as well as trying to count the number of chanters in the room by listening to their voices...
    Roll perception to listen if they indeed know we're here: 27
    Insight Check to see if he's lying about them knowing us here: 6

    TiamatZ on
  • Options
    El SkidEl Skid The frozen white northRegistered User regular
    edited December 2009
    "...It sounds like we should run in and stop whatever ritual they're performing. Let's grab anything that looks useful and head in.... I think I'm getting the hang of this ass-kicking thing!".

    The halfling's eyes twinkled with a certain fire as she spoke. Somewhat disconcertingly so.

    El Skid on
  • Options
    robp85robp85 Registered User regular
    edited December 2009
    Malryna listens closely to the door and still only hears a chanting and occasional screams. Nothing gives away whether or not anything is known about what's going on outside. However, by her deductive reasoning, she assumes that they probably do know since they're these guards had to have come from the room she's listening in on.

    Unfortunately for the Drow, she cannot tell if the leader is telling the truth or not. His psychotic words, mumblings and overall demeanor makes him hard to read.
    As a note, no one has searched the corpses or the area as Paela has kinda pointed out.

    To answer the question in the OOC thread, since the archer leader is really unable to fight back, you absolutely can use him as a battering ram. DC 10 strength check to break the door down.

    robp85 on
    Skard, Shifter Warden
    Basic Attack +26 vs AC -- Damage 1d10+19 (+5 if enemy is prone) (+2 if Longtooth Shifting is active)
  • Options
    robp85robp85 Registered User regular
    edited December 2009
    Taking Paela's suggestion seriously, a quick search is done around the area for anything that may be of use to the group. Once again, there are some things lying around that seem to contain some powerful magical properties. Who knows why why they weren't being utilized.
    The items you find:

    Staff of Ruin: (Paela)
    Implement (Staff)
    Enhancement: +1 attack rolls and damage rolls
    Critical: +1d10 damage
    Property: In addition to the normal enhancement bonus, add the staff ’s enhancement bonus to damage rolls as an item bonus.

    Stoneborn Armor: (Ayliana)
    Armor: Plate
    Enhancement: +1 AC
    Power (Daily): Minor Action. Gain temporary hit points equal to 10 + your Constitution modifier. They last until depleted or until you take an extended rest.

    robp85 on
    Skard, Shifter Warden
    Basic Attack +26 vs AC -- Damage 1d10+19 (+5 if enemy is prone) (+2 if Longtooth Shifting is active)
  • Options
    JoeslopJoeslop Registered User regular
    edited December 2009
    Ayliana carefully laid the well used armor she had used in the Guard against a pile of rocks. Maybe some other hapless adventurer would find it useful. She deftly and quickly worked the sleeves and straps of the new armor; in fact it seemed to mold to her body automatically, surely a property of the magic behind it.

    After placing her hammer back in its holder, she glared sideways at the fallen leader. "People like you don't concern me. Anyone caught up into a cult like this clearly cannot think for themselves. No, what worries me are any actual 'gods' who claim lives for evil. They can and will twist those that have no desire to make something of themselves."

    She grabbed him by the front of his shirt, holding him tight in front of her face with all the stature she could muster. Her green eyes bored deep into his, "But I serve a higher purpose than wanton destruction and death. Bahamut has called on me to carry out justice and honor in his name." She tightened her grip on the shirt, "He has also called your name to me. The name of evil, of tyranny, and of illicit deeds. He has called you to the gods themselves to be judged. And I intend to deliver all of you!"

    Ayliana turns toward the door of the shack, dragging her hapless prisoner with her, grabbing a good hold on the back of his shirt and heaving him as hard as elvenly possible into the door.
    Strength Check: 1d20+3 13

    Just in case you needed it. Not a fan of that roll..

    Joeslop on
  • Options
    robp85robp85 Registered User regular
    edited December 2009
    The door seems to explode under the force of the archer's body flying through it. He lands on the other side unconscious once again until one of the humans wielding a scalpel slits his throat mercilessly causing him to bleed out over the floor.

    The inside of the building is a macabre murder scene. The ceiling is jagged and low, so that anyone taller than
    a halfling must stoop or kneel. Hunched in the flickering light of torches on the walls are a motley collection of
    thickly tattooed humans with long daggers, glowing blue monsters, and prone victims. Two of the creatures are horrid, featuring the skulls of hyenas stitched onto the still bloody shoulders of recently slain halflings. The creatures’ eyes, and their bodies where skull meets neck, glow the same weird blue as the homunculi you killed earlier… and the same blue as the big chunk of rock in the arms of the female halfling in red robes on stairs at the back of the room. She booms “Kill them quickly, blessed ones!” in a bass voice that must be augmented by magic, since it shakes the walls and makes the thick, toxic-smelling smoke that eddies around
    the room surge forward.

    ROLL INITIATIVE!

    robp85 on
    Skard, Shifter Warden
    Basic Attack +26 vs AC -- Damage 1d10+19 (+5 if enemy is prone) (+2 if Longtooth Shifting is active)
  • Options
    El SkidEl Skid The frozen white northRegistered User regular
    edited December 2009
    Paela coughed as she inhaled a lungful of smoke and tried to peer through an make out what was happening in the room beyond.
    Initiative: 1d20+4+2 9

    El Skid on
  • Options
    TiamatZTiamatZ Ghost puns The Banette of my existenceRegistered User regular
    edited December 2009
    Malryna eyes the scene, seeing the grisly scene before her, mentally prepares herself for this new battle.

    The Drow eyes the female halfling in the flowing red robes and shouts to her,"Morgana, I presume? Strange. I thought you were taller, the way they posted your ugly mug on the Wanted list. You have a lot to answer for!"
    Initiative: 9 + 2 from Kazadhim = 11

    Of course we know Morgana only from the information Mika gave us, so I'm just riling her up a bit...:winky:

    TiamatZ on
  • Options
    robp85robp85 Registered User regular
    edited December 2009
    Hehe, no worries, TiamatZ.

    I'm sorry, could I get one more piece of information from everyone? Where would they like to be on this map? Obviously, you must be outside the room.
    2r46blu.png

    robp85 on
    Skard, Shifter Warden
    Basic Attack +26 vs AC -- Damage 1d10+19 (+5 if enemy is prone) (+2 if Longtooth Shifting is active)
  • Options
    TiamatZTiamatZ Ghost puns The Banette of my existenceRegistered User regular
    edited December 2009
    I'm at J14, last I checked (I remember listening in on the cultist through the door before 200 lbs. of Human came crashing through it, so I must have dodged by the last second).

    Blackfang can be at J12.

    TiamatZ on
  • Options
    El SkidEl Skid The frozen white northRegistered User regular
    edited December 2009
    K13 please!

    El Skid on
  • Options
    InkSplatInkSplat 100%ed Bad Rats. Registered User regular
    edited December 2009
    Flutter simply narrows her eyes and increases the cloud of butterflies that surround her, awaiting to unleash them on those within.
    Initiative: 1d20+2 20

    K12 please.

    InkSplat on
    Origin for Dragon Age: Inquisition Shenanigans: Inksplat776
  • Options
    Draw On Holy MightDraw On Holy Might Registered User regular
    edited December 2009
    Kazadim shuddered with rage and disgust at the gruesome sight that lay before them.
    He squinted, struggling to see through the cloud of thick, unnatural smoke that had come roiling out of the room, bringing a hand up over his mouth and nose while it passed.
    Initiative: (1d20+1) = 18
    I'll be at K11 then

    Draw On Holy Might on
  • Options
    JoeslopJoeslop Registered User regular
    edited December 2009
    Ayliana stands defiantly at the entrance to the door, shield and hammer held in hand. She smashes the hammer against the doorjamb in anger, "I have come with the justice of Bahamut. Stand down now and receive a fair trial or fight against us and die an ignoble death in this wretched cave, forgotten by any and all!"
    Initiative: 1d20 10
    J13. I back down from no beast.

    Joeslop on
  • Options
    robp85robp85 Registered User regular
    edited December 2009
    Round 1

    The smoke flows from the room and surrounds everyone outside the room. It is immediately apparent that the stench is not something one would want to stand in for long.

    Also very noticeable is the low ceiling in the room. It would not be easy to fight inside for anyone taller than a halfling.

    Inside the room, the forces of Morgana begin laughing and prepare to attack you. With a flick of her wrist, the battle begins.

    Map:
    345zt37.png

    Special Notes:
    -Jagged ceiling - inside the room, the ceiling is jagged and low. Any creature that is medium or larger must fight on their knees while in the room. That creature will grant combat advantage to attackers if they fail a DC 15 Acrobatics check (free action) at the start of their turn.
    -Eddying smoke - The torches on the wall put out belches of foul smoke, stoked to toxicity by some of
    Morgana’s herbs. The smoke surges out of the temple and covers nine squares outside the south wall of the temple (see green smoke on map). Any creature that ends its turn in one of those squares takes 2 damage from the toxic smoke (Evil Ritualists are immune to this).
    -Small cells - the room is lined with small cells. That is what those doors open up to.
    -Halfling - looks like an almost dead halfling is in H14.

    Initiative:
    Flutter
    Morgana
    Scalpel

    Kazadim
    Evil Ritualists
    Malryna
    Ayliana
    Paela

    Botched Witherlings
    Clay Scouts

    Status:
    Kazadim - 20/24 - AC18/F15/R15/W12 - HS 7/8 - AP 2/2
    @K11 - Status: Normal.
    Ayliana - 29/29 - AC20/F14/R14/W14 - HS 4/12 - AP 1/2
    @J13 - Status: Normal.
    Flutter - 28/28 - AC15/F13/R13/W15 - HS 9/10 - AP 1/2
    @K12 - Status: Normal.
    Malryna - 25/25 - AC16/F14/R14/W12 - HS 2/7 - AP 2/2
    @J14 - Status: Normal. -- Blackfang @J12 22/22 - AC15/F12/R13/W13 - HS 2/2
    Paela - 25/25 - AC14/F11/R14/W16 - HS 5/7 - AP 1/2
    @K13 - Status: Normal.
    Morgana - 43/43 - AC17/F15/R15/W16
    @F13 - Status: Normal.
    Scalpel - 32/32 - AC13/F14/R13/W12
    @H15 - Status: Normal.
    Botched Witherling 1 - 30/30 - AC15/F12/R14/W12
    @H12 - Status: Normal.
    Botched Witherling 2 - 30/30 - AC15/F12/R14/W12
    @I14 - Status: Normal.
    Clay Scout 1 - 31/31 - AC16/F13/R14/W15
    @G12 - Status: Normal.
    Clay Scout 2 - 31/31 - AC16/F13/R14/W15
    @I12 - Status: Normal.
    Evil Ritualists x5 - 1/1 - AC15/F13/R14/W13
    @F14,G13,G15,I13,I15 - Status: Normal.

    First up: Flutter!

    robp85 on
    Skard, Shifter Warden
    Basic Attack +26 vs AC -- Damage 1d10+19 (+5 if enemy is prone) (+2 if Longtooth Shifting is active)
  • Options
    InkSplatInkSplat 100%ed Bad Rats. Registered User regular
    edited December 2009
    Feeling the sickness within the smoke, Flutter takes a small step back just beyond its bounds before unleashing indigo hell within the room. With one motion the woman throws both arms forward and a tidal wave of violet glowing butterflies pulse forward, nearly completely filling the room and tearing and searing whatever they can reach.

    The Deva closes her eyes momentarily as she feels the halfling's life come to an end--at least this way was quick.
    Move: Shift to L11.
    Standard: Grasping Tide centered on H14.

    Evil Ritualist at G13: Hit! Dead!
    Evil Ritualist at G15: Miss!
    Scalpel: Hit! 6 damage.
    Evil Ritualist at I15: Hit! Dead!
    Botched Witherling 2: Miss!
    Evil Ritualist at I13: Hit!/i] Dead!
    Halfling: Hit. :(Dead.

    Action Point! Grasping Tide Centered on G14

    Morgana: Hit! 7 damage.
    Evil Ritualist at F14: Hit! Dead.
    Evil Ritualist at G15: Hit! Dead.
    Scalpel: Miss!

    Minor: Wildshape into Swarm, gaining resist 3 vs melee and ranged attacks.

    InkSplat on
    Origin for Dragon Age: Inquisition Shenanigans: Inksplat776
  • Options
    robp85robp85 Registered User regular
    edited December 2009
    Round 1

    The death of the ritualists seem inconsequential to the leader of the cult. However, the death of the halfling is a little more important. She yells as Flutter kills him off and glares at the intruders. Morgana's hand raises up and points at the paladin.

    "Fall before the power of Torog, puny elf!" she exclaims, obviously unaware that Ayliana is actually an eladrin. A blast of psychic energy fills the mind of Ayliana and she's forced to her stomach. The evil halfling laughs maniacally knowing the pain she has just put the eladrin through.

    Scalpel imitates the laugh of his master and crawls forward surprisingly fast on his knees. With a quick slice of his weapon, the man is able to slice into an unprotected spot of Ayliana causing a deep gash. The pain seems to continue even after the attack.

    The fumes still flow from the room and even Morgana and Scalpel seem affected by it.

    Actions:
    Morgana:

    Standard: Kneel Before Torog vs Ayliana (Will:14) = 22 Hit for 6 psychic damage!
    Ayliana is knocked Prone.

    Takes 2 damage from being in the smoke.

    Scalpel:

    Free: Acrobatics check to avoid combat advantage = 20 Success!
    Move: to I13
    Standard: Scalpel vs Ayliana (AC:20) = 21 Hit for 4 damage!
    Ayliana now takes 5 ongoing damage (save ends).

    Takes 2 damage from being in the smoke.

    Map:
    14y7dli.png

    Special Notes:
    -Jagged ceiling - inside the room, the ceiling is jagged and low. Any creature that is medium or larger must fight on their knees while in the room. That creature will grant combat advantage to attackers if they fail a DC 15 Acrobatics check (free action) at the start of their turn.
    -Eddying smoke - The torches on the wall put out belches of foul smoke, stoked to toxicity by some of
    Morgana’s herbs. The smoke surges out of the temple and covers nine squares outside the south wall of the temple (see green smoke on map). Any creature that ends its turn in one of those squares takes 2 damage from the toxic smoke.
    -Small cells - the room is lined with small cells. That is what those doors open up to.
    -Halfling - Flutter made sure he's dead.
    -Torches - are hanging on the wall at I12, I14, and F14. They cover a burst 1 area that seeps around corners. To put them out, one has to hit the torch with an attack that targets AC or Ref. It has an AC of 17 and a Ref of 15. If attacked from range, they have concealment (+2 to defenses) as the smoke blurs where exactly they hang. Melee does not have that issue.
    -Updates - expect map updates during the Morgana/Scalpel phase.

    Initiative:
    Flutter
    Morgana
    Scalpel

    Kazadim
    Malryna
    Ayliana
    Paela

    Botched Witherlings
    Clay Scouts

    Status:
    Kazadim - 20/24 - AC18/F15/R15/W12 - HS 7/8 - AP 2/2
    @K11 - Status: Normal.
    Ayliana - 19/29 - AC20/F14/R14/W14 - HS 4/12 - AP 1/2
    @J13 - Status: Prone. Ongoing 5 damage (save ends).
    Flutter - 28/28 - AC15/F13/R13/W15 - HS 9/10 - AP 0/2
    @L11 - Status: Normal.
    Malryna - 25/25 - AC16/F14/R14/W12 - HS 2/7 - AP 2/2
    @J14 - Status: Normal. -- Blackfang @J12 22/22 - AC15/F12/R13/W13 - HS 2/2
    Paela - 25/25 - AC14/F11/R14/W16 - HS 5/7 - AP 1/2
    @K13 - Status: Normal.
    Morgana - 34/43 - AC17/F15/R15/W16
    @F13 - Status: Normal.
    Scalpel - 24/32 - AC13/F14/R13/W12
    @I13 - Status: Normal.
    Botched Witherling 1 - 30/30 - AC15/F12/R14/W12
    @H12 - Status: Normal.
    Botched Witherling 2 - 30/30 - AC15/F12/R14/W12
    @I14 - Status: Normal.
    Clay Scout 1 - 31/31 - AC16/F13/R14/W15
    @G12 - Status: Normal.
    Clay Scout 2 - 31/31 - AC16/F13/R14/W15
    @I12 - Status: Normal.

    Next up: Kazadim, Malryna, Ayliana, Paela!

    robp85 on
    Skard, Shifter Warden
    Basic Attack +26 vs AC -- Damage 1d10+19 (+5 if enemy is prone) (+2 if Longtooth Shifting is active)
  • Options
    El SkidEl Skid The frozen white northRegistered User regular
    edited December 2009
    Still coughing, Paela points her staff at the figure in the doorway and unleashes a bolt of energy at it, connecting with his chest messily. With that, she flees just outside the smoke, inhaling fresh air gratefully.
    Standard: Chaos Bolt vs Will on Scalpel: 1d20+6 15 1d10+10 12 HIT for 12 psychic damage. Scalpel is now at 12/32
    Wild Magic: Odd Roll- No secondary, free save wasted.

    Move: to L10

    El Skid on
  • Options
    Draw On Holy MightDraw On Holy Might Registered User regular
    edited December 2009
    Coughing violently, the smoke burning his eyes, Kazadim took a few steps backwards for a brief respite. He tried to get in a deep breath of the cleaner air, but it was still difficult to breathe properly. He wiped the sweat from his brow with his forearm, and reached for another javelin.

    “You will all suffer for the atrocities you have done to this land and to these people! Your vile god will not save you!”
    Now that he had started yelling, it was hard to control himself.

    “I will savor your deaths! Your blood will spill upon this unholy ground!”

    He hurled the javelin with staggering power. It cut a trail through the stagnant smoke, planting itself into the chest of the twisted human on his knees in front of the Paladin with enough force to nearly knock him the rest of the way to the ground.

    “Demons! I will kill you all!”
    Move: Shift to K10
    Minor: Draw a javelin
    Standard: Ranged basic against Scalpel
    Attack: (1d20+6, -2 for cover, I'm assuming) = 22, HIT!
    Damage: (1d6+4) = 10


    Status:
    Note: My AC is 19 now with the magic armor
    Kazadim - 20/24 - AC19/F15/R15/W12 - HS 7/8 - AP 2/2
    @K10 - Status: Normal.
    Ayliana - 19/29 - AC20/F14/R14/W14 - HS 4/12 - AP 1/2
    @J13 - Status: Prone. Ongoing 5 damage (save ends).
    Flutter - 28/28 - AC15/F13/R13/W15 - HS 9/10 - AP 0/2
    @L11 - Status: Normal.
    Malryna - 25/25 - AC16/F14/R14/W12 - HS 2/7 - AP 2/2
    @J14 - Status: Normal. -- Blackfang @J12 22/22 - AC15/F12/R13/W13 - HS 2/2
    Paela - 25/25 - AC14/F11/R14/W16 - HS 5/7 - AP 1/2
    @L10 - Status: Normal.
    Morgana - 34/43 - AC17/F15/R15/W16
    @F13 - Status: Normal.
    Scalpel - 2/32 - AC13/F14/R13/W12
    @I13 - Status: Normal.
    Botched Witherling 1 - 30/30 - AC15/F12/R14/W12
    @H12 - Status: Normal.
    Botched Witherling 2 - 30/30 - AC15/F12/R14/W12
    @I14 - Status: Normal.
    Clay Scout 1 - 31/31 - AC16/F13/R14/W15
    @G12 - Status: Normal.
    Clay Scout 2 - 31/31 - AC16/F13/R14/W15
    @I12 - Status: Normal.

    Draw On Holy Might on
  • Options
    TiamatZTiamatZ Ghost puns The Banette of my existenceRegistered User regular
    edited December 2009
    The human, oblivious to the spear protruding from his chest, takes a gleeful look at the Drow next to the downed Eladrin and cries, "Your next, darkskin!" He was about to lunge at Malryna when Blackfang jumps the human, intent on protecting her master. But she misses, and the human takes a moment to study this new foe. He cocks his upwards and utters a maniacal laughter. "HAHAHAHAHAHA! What's this? Your baby spider, Drow? Not even worth my time!", and kicks the spider away. He then continues his attack to the Drow.

    But he underestimated the spider.

    With a renewed surge, the spider lunges at him, puncturing his throat with its mandibles. With a sickening crunch, the zealot's neck practically snapped. He fell, limpless and lifeless. The Drow thanks her companion and signals her companion to protect the others while she protects the downed paladin. Blackfang grudgingly complied, chittering while crawling out of the smoke. The Drow inhales the toxic cloud, wondering just how long she can last in it...
    Standard action: Predator Strike (At-Will)
    (1d20 +5 vs. AC) = 12 Miss!

    Spend an action Point: Predator Strike (At-Will)
    (1d20 +5 vs. AC) = 25 HIT! Natural 20!
    Do 12 damage to Scalpel DEAD!

    Minor Action: Make clay Scout at I12 my quarry.

    Move Action: Move Blackfang to I10

    End of Turn: take 2 damage.

    Status:
    Kazadim - 20/24 - AC19/F15/R15/W12 - HS 7/8 - AP 2/2
    @K10 - Status: Normal.
    Ayliana - 19/29 - AC20/F14/R14/W14 - HS 4/12 - AP 1/2
    @J13 - Status: Prone. Ongoing 5 damage (save ends).
    Flutter - 28/28 - AC15/F13/R13/W15 - HS 9/10 - AP 0/2
    @L11 - Status: Normal.
    Malryna - 23/25 - AC16/F14/R14/W12 - HS 2/7 - AP 2/2
    @J14 - Status: Normal. -- Blackfang @I10 22/22 - AC15/F12/R13/W13 - HS 2/2
    Paela - 25/25 - AC14/F11/R14/W16 - HS 5/7 - AP 1/2
    @L10 - Status: Normal.
    Morgana - 34/43 - AC17/F15/R15/W16
    @F13 - Status: Normal.
    Scalpel - -10/32 - AC13/F14/R13/W12
    @I13 - Status: DEAD.
    Botched Witherling 1 - 30/30 - AC15/F12/R14/W12
    @H12 - Status: Normal.
    Botched Witherling 2 - 30/30 - AC15/F12/R14/W12
    @I14 - Status: Normal.
    Clay Scout 1 - 31/31 - AC16/F13/R14/W15
    @G12 - Status: Normal.
    Clay Scout 2 - 31/31 - AC16/F13/R14/W15
    @I12 - Status: Quarry.

    TiamatZ on
  • Options
    JoeslopJoeslop Registered User regular
    edited December 2009
    Ayliana groaned from the ground; her fear inspiring speech didn't seem to work as well as she had hoped. She placed a hand over the wound inflicted by the now dead human, letting out a loud cry of pain. She glared up at the Halfling, her eyes seeming to glow brighter to drown out the pain. With a sudden vortex of arcane power she disappeared from her spot, reappearing on the stairs next to the Halfling on her knees.

    With one fluid motion she swung her hammer up, knocking the torch off its perch, extinguishing the smoke and light. "That ugly head of yours is next, you fool." Ayliana put up a brave front despite her unsure footing trying to fight from her knees and the blood spreading quickly from her wound.
    Minor: Use my item's power to gain 12 temporary HP.
    Move: Fey Step to F14.
    Action Point: Stand up (on knees)
    Standard: Piercing Smite: 1d20+6 21 on the Torch on the wall, knocking it down and out. Mograna is also marked.
    Acrobatics: Acrobatics: 1d20-4 8 FAILURE
    Saving Throw: Saving Throw: 1d20 7FAILURE Down to 7 Temp HP.
    ACTION PACKED!

    Joeslop on
  • Options
    robp85robp85 Registered User regular
    edited December 2009
    Round 1.5

    The botched witherlings and the clay scouts work in unison, moving and attacking almost as a team.

    One clay scout moves into the South-East corner of the room and assaults Ayliana's psyche. The pain is tremendous, causing her to lose focus on the battle.

    The second scout moves up a little and launches the same attack at Malryna. She too is affected by the brutal pain inflicted on her head.

    Both the weird, witherling creatures move to protect Morgana. Both swing their giant claws at the Paladin but neither are able to pierce the tough, metallic exterior of her armor.

    Actions:
    Clay Scout 1:

    Move: to I15
    Standard: Mind Touch vs Ayliana (Ref:14) = 25 CRIT! Hit for 9 damage!
    Ayliana is now Dazed.

    Botched Witherling 1:

    Move: to G13
    Standard: Claw vs Ayliana (AC:20) = 10 Miss!

    Clay Scout 2:

    Move: to H12
    Standard: Mind Touch vs Malryna (Ref:14) = 22 Hit for 7 damage!
    Malryna is now Dazed.

    Botched Witherling 2:

    Move: to G14
    Standard: Claw vs Ayliana (AC:20) = 12 Miss!

    Both Clay Scouts take 2 damage from the smoke.

    Initiative:
    Flutter
    Morgana
    Kazadim
    Malryna
    Ayliana
    Paela

    Botched Witherlings
    Clay Scouts

    Status:
    Kazadim - 20/24 - AC18/F15/R15/W12 - HS 7/8 - AP 2/2
    @K10 - Status: Normal.
    Ayliana - 14+3/29 - AC20/F14/R14/W14 - HS 4/12 - AP 1/2
    @F14 - Status: Bloodied. Ongoing 5 damage (save ends). Dazed (save ends).
    Flutter - 28/28 - AC15/F13/R13/W15 - HS 9/10 - AP 0/2
    @L11 - Status: Normal.
    Malryna - 16/25 - AC16/F14/R14/W12 - HS 2/7 - AP 2/2
    @J14 - Status: Dazed. -- Blackfang @J12 22/22 - AC15/F12/R13/W13 - HS 2/2
    Paela - 25/25 - AC14/F11/R14/W16 - HS 5/7 - AP 1/2
    @L10 - Status: Normal.
    Morgana - 34/43 - AC17/F15/R15/W16
    @F13 - Status: Divine Challenge.
    Botched Witherling 1 - 30/30 - AC15/F12/R14/W12
    @G13 - Status: Normal.
    Botched Witherling 2 - 30/30 - AC15/F12/R14/W12
    @G14 - Status: Normal.
    Clay Scout 1 - 29/31 - AC16/F13/R14/W15
    @I15 - Status: Normal.
    Clay Scout 2 - 29/31 - AC16/F13/R14/W15
    @H12 - Status: Normal.

    Next up: Flutter!

    robp85 on
    Skard, Shifter Warden
    Basic Attack +26 vs AC -- Damage 1d10+19 (+5 if enemy is prone) (+2 if Longtooth Shifting is active)
  • Options
    InkSplatInkSplat 100%ed Bad Rats. Registered User regular
    edited December 2009
    Nothing now but a cloud of pulsing butterflies, Flutter surges forward into the room, which all at once explodes into color chaos and confusion. The burning shards of the deva sting at Morgana and her Botched Witherling, distracting the both of them, as well as one of the clay scouts, due to the complete madness of the situation.
    Move: I13
    Standard: Swarming Locusts

    Swarming Locusts vs Morgana. Hit! 6 damage.
    Swarming Locusts vs Botched Witherling 1. Hit! 6 damage.
    Swarming Locusts vs Clay Scout 2. Miss!

    All enemies in squares H12, H13, G12, G13, & F13 grant combat advantage to my allies.

    Not as much damage as I was hoping for, but oh well. At least now you guys can hit a little easier, and maybe I took some heat off of our insane paladin. :P

    InkSplat on
    Origin for Dragon Age: Inquisition Shenanigans: Inksplat776
  • Options
    robp85robp85 Registered User regular
    edited December 2009
    Morgana quickly moves behind one of the witherlings to lessen the blow of the butterflies.
    Morgana takes half damage (3) and Witherling 1 takes the remainder of the damage (3).

    robp85 on
    Skard, Shifter Warden
    Basic Attack +26 vs AC -- Damage 1d10+19 (+5 if enemy is prone) (+2 if Longtooth Shifting is active)
  • Options
    robp85robp85 Registered User regular
    edited December 2009
    Round 2

    Morgana skirts along the east wall to put some distance between her and the paladin. Anger fills her voice as she mumbles more magical phrases causing a black blast rises from the ground under the paladin threatening consume her life. Suspense fills the air as a black cloud covers the eladrin after the attack subsides. The cloud only lasts a few seconds before you see that she is still standing but it's obvious Ayliana needs help and needs it quick.

    Actions:
    Morgana:

    Move: to H15
    Standard: Torog's Wrath vs Ayliana (Ref:14) = 26 Hit for 10 damage!
    Next thing to attack Ayliana gets a +2 bonus to its attack roll.

    Morgana takes 2 damage from the smoke.

    Initiative:
    Flutter
    Morgana
    Kazadim
    Malryna
    Ayliana
    Paela

    Botched Witherlings
    Clay Scouts

    Map:
    346m7wn.png

    Special Notes:
    -Jagged ceiling - inside the room, the ceiling is jagged and low. Any creature that is medium or larger must fight on their knees while in the room. That creature will grant combat advantage to attackers if they fail a DC 15 Acrobatics check (free action) at the start of their turn.
    -Eddying smoke - The torches on the wall put out belches of foul smoke, stoked to toxicity by some of
    Morgana’s herbs. The smoke surges out of the temple and covers nine squares outside the south wall of the temple (see green smoke on map). Any creature that ends its turn in one of those squares takes 2 damage from the toxic smoke.
    -Small cells - the room is lined with small cells. That is what those doors open up to.
    -Halfling - Flutter made sure he's dead.
    -Torches - are hanging on the wall at I12, I14, and F14. They cover a burst 1 area that seeps around corners. To put them out, one has to hit the torch with an attack that targets AC or Ref. It has an AC of 17 and a Ref of 15. If attacked from range, they have concealment (+2 to defenses) as the smoke blurs where exactly they hang. Melee does not have that issue.
    -Updates - expect map updates during the Morgana/Scalpel phase.

    Status:
    Kazadim - 20/24 - AC18/F15/R15/W12 - HS 7/8 - AP 2/2
    @K10 - Status: Normal.
    Ayliana - 7/29 - AC20/F14/R14/W14 - HS 4/12 - AP 1/2
    @F14 - Status: Bloodied. Ongoing 5 damage (save ends). Dazed (save ends). +2 to next attack against her.
    Flutter - 28/28 - AC15/F13/R13/W15 - HS 9/10 - AP 0/2
    @L11 - Status: Normal.
    Malryna - 16/25 - AC16/F14/R14/W12 - HS 2/7 - AP 2/2
    @J14 - Status: Dazed. -- Blackfang @J12 22/22 - AC15/F12/R13/W13 - HS 2/2
    Paela - 25/25 - AC14/F11/R14/W16 - HS 5/7 - AP 1/2
    @L10 - Status: Normal.
    Morgana - 29/43 - AC17/F15/R15/W16
    @F13 - Status: Divine Challenge.
    Botched Witherling 1 - 21/30 - AC15/F12/R14/W12
    @G13 - Status: Normal.
    Botched Witherling 2 - 30/30 - AC15/F12/R14/W12
    @G14 - Status: Normal.
    Clay Scout 1 - 29/31 - AC16/F13/R14/W15
    @I15 - Status: Normal.
    Clay Scout 2 - 29/31 - AC16/F13/R14/W15
    @H12 - Status: Normal.

    Next up: Paela, Malryna, Kazadim and Ayliana!

    robp85 on
    Skard, Shifter Warden
    Basic Attack +26 vs AC -- Damage 1d10+19 (+5 if enemy is prone) (+2 if Longtooth Shifting is active)
  • Options
    Draw On Holy MightDraw On Holy Might Registered User regular
    edited December 2009
    Hungry for the blood and deaths of these fiends, overcome with rage, Kazadim drew in a deep breath, bracing himself, before charging into the billowing smoke. Ducking low from the ceiling, cursing once again the infernal architects that saw fit to make caves as unfomfortable as possible, he rushed to the twisted abominations in the back of the room.
    The butterflies of the Druid clung to them, a mass of swirling color, distracting them just enough to move into position.

    “Kill this wretched beast!”
    Kazadim lunged at the witherling, slashing wide, putting it on the immediate defensive from him, and sending it back into the hammer of the Paladin, which swung low into the creature’s side. Bones cracked, flesh splitting, and the witherling was knocked to the floor, howling hideously with pain.

    Suddenly, the genasi doubled over as if in pain, straining against something unseen. He groaned and muttered in desperation.
    Then, he was no more. His form wavered, altering itself into a mass of thick, green, caustic liquid, which briefly held the shape of his body, like a mould, before splashing into the ground. The acid surged forward, hissing and bubbling violently, as it rolled over everything in its path, submerging the two witherlings, stripping away flesh, eating at the stone floor, sending off waves of its own scathing fumes. What remained of the injured witherling was gruesome, unidentifiable – a lump of melted skin and boiling blood.

    Pooling in the corner next to Ayliana, the fluid swirled around, taking the shape of Kazadim once again, fading into his natural form.
    “You see, you vile woman! You do not know true corruption! You are a mere blight, and I will see you buried in this earth!”
    He turned to the wounded Paladin. “They cannot stand before us! Fight hard, do not give them an ounce of satisfaction!”
    Move: To H13, provokes from Clay Scout 2
    Standard: Commander's Strike on Botched Witherling 1
    Ayliana's Melee Basic Attack: (1d20+6+2) = 23, HIT!
    Damage: (1d10+3+4) = 16, which puts it at 5/30
    Minor: Inspiring Word on Ayliana for surge (7) + 1d6 (5) = 12 hit points
    Action Point: Acid Surge! Shift through G14, G13, and up to F13. Attacks against both Botched Witherlings.
    Witherling 2 = 21 vs. Reflex, HIT! 11 acid damage.
    Witherling 1 = 22 vs. Reflex, HIT! 11 acid damage.
    Down goes Witherling 1.
    Good turn.

    Status:
    Kazadim - 20/24 - AC19/F15/R15/W12 - HS 7/8 - AP 1/2
    @F13 - Status: Normal.
    Ayliana - 19/29 - AC20/F14/R14/W14 - HS 3/12 - AP 1/2
    @F14 - Status: Bloodied. Ongoing 5 damage (save ends). Dazed (save ends). +2 to next attack against her.
    Flutter - 28/28 - AC15/F13/R13/W15 - HS 9/10 - AP 0/2
    @L11 - Status: Normal.
    Malryna - 16/25 - AC16/F14/R14/W12 - HS 2/7 - AP 2/2
    @J14 - Status: Dazed. -- Blackfang @J12 22/22 - AC15/F12/R13/W13 - HS 2/2
    Paela - 25/25 - AC14/F11/R14/W16 - HS 5/7 - AP 1/2
    @L10 - Status: Normal.
    Morgana - 29/43 - AC17/F15/R15/W16
    @F13 - Status: Divine Challenge.
    Botched Witherling 2 - 19/30 - AC15/F12/R14/W12
    @G14 - Status: Normal.
    Clay Scout 1 - 29/31 - AC16/F13/R14/W15
    @I15 - Status: Normal.
    Clay Scout 2 - 29/31 - AC16/F13/R14/W15
    @H12 - Status: Normal.

    Draw On Holy Might on
  • Options
    El SkidEl Skid The frozen white northRegistered User regular
    edited December 2009
    Paela looked through the smoke and made a decision. Running up to the door so that she could see the room better, she unleashed as much magic as she could at her enemies. The results were quite satisfactory- The last Witherling was struck down as one of the scouts was gravely wounded by a couple of streams of raw magic striking it in the torso.

    Coughing through the smoke, Paela allowed herself a smile of triumph.

    Move: To J13
    Action: Bedeviling Burst vs Will on Clay Scout 2: 1d20+6 12 1d10+10 11 Miss
    Bedeviling Burst vs Will on Witherling 2: 1d20+6 14 1d10+10 19 Hit for 19 damage: Second Witherling down


    Action Point:
    Chaos Bolt vs Will on Clay Scout 2: 1d20+6 25 1d10+10 16 Hit for 16 Damage
    No secondary attack due to odd attack result

    Take 2 damage from smoke
    Gain +1 AC for the turn due to first attack roll being even

    Status:
    Kazadim - 20/24 - AC19/F15/R15/W12 - HS 7/8 - AP 1/2
    @F13 - Status: Normal.
    Ayliana - 19/29 - AC20/F14/R14/W14 - HS 3/12 - AP 1/2
    @F14 - Status: Bloodied. Ongoing 5 damage (save ends). Dazed (save ends). +2 to next attack against her.
    Flutter - 28/28 - AC15/F13/R13/W15 - HS 9/10 - AP 0/2
    @L11 - Status: Normal.
    Malryna - 16/25 - AC16/F14/R14/W12 - HS 2/7 - AP 2/2
    @J14 - Status: Dazed. -- Blackfang @J12 22/22 - AC15/F12/R13/W13 - HS 2/2
    Paela - 23/25 - AC15/F11/R14/W16 - HS 5/7 - AP 1/2
    @L10 - Status: Normal.
    Morgana - 29/43 - AC17/F15/R15/W16
    @F13 - Status: Divine Challenge.
    Botched Witherling 2 - 0/30 - AC15/F12/R14/W12
    @G14 - Status: Unconcious.
    Clay Scout 1 - 29/31 - AC16/F13/R14/W15
    @I15 - Status: Normal.
    Clay Scout 2 - 13/31 - AC16/F13/R14/W15
    @H12 - Status: Bloodied.

    El Skid on
  • Options
    JoeslopJoeslop Registered User regular
    edited December 2009
    Ayliana hobbled down and around the stairs, continuing to confront Morgana, emboldened by Kazadim's inspiring words; however her head wasn't clear enough to bring her weapon up to attack as well.
    Acrobatics: 1d20-4 -3 FAIL
    Move: Move to G15.
    Saving Throw: 1d20 15 PASS
    Saving Throw: 1d20 12 PASS

    At least that means I didn't waste my daily?

    Joeslop on
  • Options
    TiamatZTiamatZ Ghost puns The Banette of my existenceRegistered User regular
    edited December 2009
    Seeing her allies rush into the vertically-challenged room, Malryna merely shrugs half heartedly (with a dim-witted smile on her face) and whistles for her companion to come along. As they stormed in themselves (nearly hitting both head and thorax on the ceiling of the room), Blackfang skittered to the left, intent on protecting the helpless deva and her 'oh so edible'-looking butterflies.

    Meanwhile, the Drow ranger rushes groggily right and spots Morgana. She tries to focus on the battle taking place in the room, but was distracted by her coughing (due to inhaling the toxic air once more).

    Move Action: Move Malryna to I14 and Blackfang to I12 (both offer Clay Scout #2 opportunity attacks, but only 1 can be attacked this way (PHB1 pg. 290))

    Free action: Acrobatics checks (Malryna [1d20+8] = 13; Blackfang [1d20+3] = 12) Both FAIL!!

    End of Turn: Saving Throw: 9 Fail!
    Malryna and Blackfang each take 2 damage from green cloud.

    Edit 1: Ignore my previous actions from before.

    Status:
    Kazadim - 20/24 - AC19/F15/R15/W12 - HS 7/8 - AP 1/2
    @F13 - Status: Normal.
    Ayliana - 19/29 - AC20/F14/R14/W14 - HS 3/12 - AP 1/2
    @F14 - Status: Bloodied. Dazed (save ends). +2 to next attack against her.
    Flutter - 28/28 - AC15/F13/R13/W15 - HS 9/10 - AP 0/2
    @L11 - Status: Normal.
    Malryna - 14/25 - AC16/F14/R14/W12 - HS 2/7 - AP 1/2
    @J14 - Status: Dazed (save ends). +2 to next attack against her -- Blackfang @J12 20/22 - AC15/F12/R13/W13 - HS 2/2
    Paela - 23/25 - AC15/F11/R14/W16 - HS 5/7 - AP 1/2
    @L10 - Status: Normal.
    Morgana - 29/43 - AC17/F15/R15/W16
    @F13 - Status: Divine Challenge
    Clay Scout 1 - 29/31 - AC16/F13/R14/W15
    @I15 - Status: Normal.
    Clay Scout 2 - 13/31 - AC16/F13/R14/W15
    @H12 - Status: Bloodied.

    Next up: Clay Scouts!

    TiamatZ on
  • Options
    robp85robp85 Registered User regular
    edited December 2009
    Clay Scout 2 OA against Kazadim (AC:18) = 7 Miss!

    Will be posting the remainder of the Clay Scouts' turns after Joe edits Ayliana'a last turn.

    EDIT: Also, I was looking at Ayliana's turn, she's currently dazed and unable to take more than one action. Joeslop, could you please edit your last turn. Thanks.

    robp85 on
    Skard, Shifter Warden
    Basic Attack +26 vs AC -- Damage 1d10+19 (+5 if enemy is prone) (+2 if Longtooth Shifting is active)
Sign In or Register to comment.