Options

[D&D 4e IC] Den of the Slavetakers

12346

Posts

  • Options
    El SkidEl Skid The frozen white northRegistered User regular
    edited December 2009
    robp85 wrote: »
    Clay Scout 2 OA against Kazadim (AC:18) = 7 Miss!

    Will be posting the remainder of the Clay Scouts' turns after Joe edits Ayliana'a last turn.

    EDIT: Also, I was looking at Ayliana's turn, she's currently dazed and unable to take more than one action. Joeslop, could you please edit your last turn. Thanks.
    Looks like the edit is done!

    El Skid on
  • Options
    robp85robp85 Registered User regular
    edited December 2009
    Round 3

    The with room getting particularly crowded, the effects of the clay scouts are lessened. Being unable to focus, their attacks against Blackfang and Malryna fail to inflict or affect them in any way.

    Actions:
    Clay Scout 1:

    Free: Acrobatics check to avoid CA = 17 Success!
    Standard: Mind Touch vs Malryna (Ref:14) = 10 Miss!

    Takes 2 damage from the smoke.

    Clay Scout 2:

    Free: Acrobatics check to avoid CA = 16 Success!
    Standard: Bite vs Blackfang (AC:15) = 8 Miss!
    Move: shift to G12

    Initiative:
    Flutter
    Morgana
    Kazadim
    Malryna
    Ayliana
    Paela

    Clay Scouts

    Map:
    25k3hjl.png

    Special Notes:
    -Jagged ceiling - inside the room, the ceiling is jagged and low. Any creature that is medium or larger must fight on their knees while in the room. That creature will grant combat advantage to attackers if they fail a DC 15 Acrobatics check (free action) at the start of their turn.
    -Eddying smoke - The torches on the wall put out belches of foul smoke, stoked to toxicity by some of
    Morgana’s herbs. The smoke surges out of the temple and covers nine squares outside the south wall of the temple (see green smoke on map). Any creature that ends its turn in one of those squares takes 2 damage from the toxic smoke.
    -Small cells - the room is lined with small cells. That is what those doors open up to.
    -Halfling - Flutter made sure he's dead.
    -Torches - are hanging on the wall at I12, I14, and F14. They cover a burst 1 area that seeps around corners. To put them out, one has to hit the torch with an attack that targets AC or Ref. It has an AC of 17 and a Ref of 15. If attacked from range, they have concealment (+2 to defenses) as the smoke blurs where exactly they hang. Melee does not have that issue.
    -Updates - expect map updates during the Morgana/Scalpel phase.

    Status:
    Kazadim - 20/24 - AC18/F15/R15/W12 - HS 7/8 - AP 2/2
    @F13 - Status: Normal.
    Ayliana - 14/29 - AC20/F14/R14/W14 - HS 3/12 - AP 1/2
    @G15 - Status: Bloodied.
    Flutter - 26/28 - AC15/F13/R13/W15 - HS 9/10 - AP 0/2
    @I13 - Status: Normal.
    Malryna - 14/25 - AC16/F14/R14/W12 - HS 2/7 - AP 2/2
    @I14 - Status: Dazed. -- Blackfang @I12 20/22 - AC15/F12/R13/W13 - HS 2/2
    Paela - 23/25 - AC14/F11/R14/W16 - HS 5/7 - AP 1/2
    @J13 - Status: Normal.
    Morgana - 29/43 - AC17/F15/R15/W16
    @F13 - Status: Divine Challenge.
    Clay Scout 1 - 27/31 - AC16/F13/R14/W15
    @I15 - Status: Normal.
    Clay Scout 2 - 13/31 - AC16/F13/R14/W15
    @H12 - Status: Bloodied.

    Next up: Flutter!

    robp85 on
    Skard, Shifter Warden
    Basic Attack +26 vs AC -- Damage 1d10+19 (+5 if enemy is prone) (+2 if Longtooth Shifting is active)
  • Options
    InkSplatInkSplat 100%ed Bad Rats. Registered User regular
    edited December 2009
    The raging storm of pulsing butterflies pushes past the clay scout and out of the smoke, spinning suddenly in a mad spiral, burning viciously at any and all of Morgana's exposed flesh. The force of the magic assaulting her causes a stumble, bringing the woman out into the open.
    Free: Acrobatics: 1d20-1 19
    Move: G14 via H13.
    Standard: Savage Rend vs Morgana (Reflex 15): 1d20+5 22 Hit! 1d8+4 12 damage.
    On-hit: Slide Morgana to H14.

    InkSplat on
    Origin for Dragon Age: Inquisition Shenanigans: Inksplat776
  • Options
    robp85robp85 Registered User regular
    edited December 2009
    Morgana screams in a mixture of pain and anger. Her eyes seem to burn with hatred as she looks around the room. Her team had failed. She would not survive this. Muttering to herself quietly, she looks around and yells, "This isn't over yet!"

    Grabbing firmly onto the green rock she's been lugging around, she mutters a few more words in a language none of you understand before she vanishes in a bright light.
    Clay Scout 2:

    OA vs Flutter (AC:15) = 10 Miss!

    Morgana:

    Move: Teleport to ???

    Next up: Kazadim, Malryna, Ayliana and Paela!

    robp85 on
    Skard, Shifter Warden
    Basic Attack +26 vs AC -- Damage 1d10+19 (+5 if enemy is prone) (+2 if Longtooth Shifting is active)
  • Options
    El SkidEl Skid The frozen white northRegistered User regular
    edited December 2009
    Paela coughs a bit more before peering back into the room and taking a shot to finish off the badly wounded scout. Her aim fails her, however- it is untouched by the magic she unleashes upon it. Running back out of the smoke, she takes a deep breath of fresh air in preparation for one last run inside.
    Standard:Chaos Bolt vs Will on Clay Scout 1: 1d20+6 8 1d10+10 12 MISS

    Chaos Magic: +1 AC until EONT
    Move to L11

    El Skid on
  • Options
    Draw On Holy MightDraw On Holy Might Registered User regular
    edited December 2009
    Shielding his eyes from the sudden burst of light, Kazadim lowered his arm to find Morgana gone.
    “Damn you, witch!” He cursed, not even sure if she could hear him at all.

    “She is right – this is far from over. At least these two will not be difficult to dispatch. Quickly, now!”He leaped forward, throwing his shoulder into the nearest clay scout, but the creature slid quickly around the corner to safety, and Kazadim instead stumbled about, his balance shifted. Still irritated with Morgana’s disappearing act, he swung his sword wildly, which proved easy for the flying nuisance to avoid.

    He grunted in frustration. Perhaps I spoke too soon.
    Standard: Opening Shove on Clay Scout 2
    Attack: (1d20+8 -2 for cover) = 13 vs. Reflex, miss
    Move: Shift to G13
    Minor: Inspiring Word on Ayliana for surge (7) + 1d6 (1) = 8 hit points

    Not my finest of turns. Oh well, can't win them all

    Draw On Holy Might on
  • Options
    TiamatZTiamatZ Ghost puns The Banette of my existenceRegistered User regular
    edited December 2009
    Malryna sees a bright light enveloping the room, blinding her momenteraly. Whatever it was, the Drow could see and act clearly once more. Seeing the halfing fugitive missing. Malryna acted with renewed fervor, intent on finishing this fight and rescuing the prisoners. She lunged at the clay monstrosity, letting her dagger dig deep into it's clay.

    This furious attack allowed the spider to corner the other scout next to the Genasi, effectively sealing their fate.
    Standard Action: Circling Strike (At-Will) vs Clay Scout 1
    (1d20+7 vs. AC) = 26 HIT!
    (1d6+5) = 8
    Blackfang shifts 1 square to H12.

    Free Action: Acrobatics (13 FAIL!)

    Saving Throw: 16 Pass!
    Take 2 damage for Malryna and Blackfang

    Status:
    Kazadim - 20/24 - AC18/F15/R15/W12 - HS 7/8 - AP 2/2
    @F13 - Status: Normal.
    Ayliana - 14/29 - AC20/F14/R14/W14 - HS 3/12 - AP 1/2
    @G15 - Status: Bloodied.
    Flutter - 26/28 - AC15/F13/R13/W15 - HS 9/10 - AP 0/2
    @I13 - Status: Normal.
    Malryna - 12/25 - AC16/F14/R14/W12 - HS 2/7 - AP 2/2
    @I14 - Status: Bloodied. -- Blackfang @I12 18/22 - AC15/F12/R13/W13 - HS 2/2[/size]
    Paela - 23/25 - AC14/F11/R14/W16 - HS 5/7 - AP 1/2
    @J13 - Status: Normal.
    Clay Scout 1 - 19/31 - AC16/F13/R14/W15
    @I15 - Status: Normal.
    Clay Scout 2 - 13/31 - AC16/F13/R14/W15
    @H12 - Status: Bloodied.

    TiamatZ on
  • Options
    JoeslopJoeslop Registered User regular
    edited December 2009
    Ayliana quickly moves closer to one of the scouts and lets off a quick attack, hoping to finish the fight quickly to find the Halfling again.
    Move: Move to H13
    Minor: Divine Challenge on the scout at H12.
    Standard:Holy Strike: 1d20+6 24 HIT 1d10+5 9

    Joeslop on
  • Options
    robp85robp85 Registered User regular
    edited December 2009
    Round 4

    The clay scouts ignore their missing leader and continue their attacks. Both sink their teeth into their respective targets. One bites Malryna while the other chomps down on Ayliana, piercing her tough armor. A weird venom spreads through the veins of the two heroes making their feet feel like lead.

    Actions:
    Clay Scout 1:

    Free: Acrobatics check to avoid granting CA (DC:15) = 3 Fail!
    Clay Scout 1 now grants combat advantage to all attackers.

    Standard: Bite vs Malryna (AC:16) = 22 Hit! for 4 damage!
    Malryna is now Slowed (save ends).

    Clay Scout 2:

    Free: Acrobatics check to avoid granting CA (DC:15) = 2 Fail!
    Clay Scout 2 now grants combat advantage to all attackers.

    Standard: Bite vs Ayliana (AC:20) = 20 Hit for 6 damage!
    Ayliana is now Slowed (save ends).

    Initiative:
    Flutter
    Kazadim
    Malryna
    Ayliana
    Paela

    Clay Scouts

    Map:
    2hchog2.png

    Special Notes:
    -Jagged ceiling - inside the room, the ceiling is jagged and low. Any creature that is medium or larger must fight on their knees while in the room. That creature will grant combat advantage to attackers if they fail a DC 15 Acrobatics check (free action) at the start of their turn.
    -Eddying smoke - The torches on the wall put out belches of foul smoke, stoked to toxicity by some of
    Morgana’s herbs. The smoke surges out of the temple and covers nine squares outside the south wall of the temple (see green smoke on map). Any creature that ends its turn in one of those squares takes 2 damage from the toxic smoke.
    -Small cells - the room is lined with small cells. That is what those doors open up to.
    -Halfling - Flutter made sure he's dead.
    -Torches - are hanging on the wall at I12, I14, and F14. They cover a burst 1 area that seeps around corners. To put them out, one has to hit the torch with an attack that targets AC or Ref. It has an AC of 17 and a Ref of 15. If attacked from range, they have concealment (+2 to defenses) as the smoke blurs where exactly they hang. Melee does not have that issue.
    -Updates - expect map updates during the Morgana/Scalpel phase.

    Status:
    Kazadim - 20/24 - AC18/F15/R15/W12 - HS 7/8 - AP 2/2
    @G13 - Status: Normal.
    Ayliana - 16/29 - AC20/F14/R14/W14 - HS 2/12 - AP 1/2
    @H13 - Status: Slowed (save ends).
    Flutter - 24/28 - AC15/F13/R13/W15 - HS 9/10 - AP 0/2
    @I13 - Status: Normal.
    Malryna - 8/25 - AC16/F14/R14/W12 - HS 2/7 - AP 2/2
    @I14 - Status: Bloodied. Slowed (save ends). -- Blackfang @H12 18/22 - AC15/F12/R13/W13 - HS 2/2
    Paela - 23/25 - AC14/F11/R14/W16 - HS 5/7 - AP 1/2
    @L11 - Status: Normal.
    Clay Scout 1 - 19/31 - AC16/F13/R14/W15
    @I15 - Status: Normal.
    Clay Scout 2 - 4/31 - AC16/F13/R14/W15
    @H12 - Status: Bloodied. Divine Challenge.

    Next up: Everyone!

    robp85 on
    Skard, Shifter Warden
    Basic Attack +26 vs AC -- Damage 1d10+19 (+5 if enemy is prone) (+2 if Longtooth Shifting is active)
  • Options
    TiamatZTiamatZ Ghost puns The Banette of my existenceRegistered User regular
    edited December 2009
    A strange overwhelming darkness was starting to overwhelm the Drow. Not the one she could summon or control, as her dark elven heritage could, but a darkness she believed many called to be the sign of one's own demise. Malryna didn't like this at all.

    I won't end like this! Not now! Not yet!

    As if by some miracle, her body rejected the slow-inducing poison, and with a defiant cry, shouts to her arachnid companion "Finish this, Blackfang! We must rescue the prisoners! But most of all, we need to find that wench of a halfing and make her pay for this calamity and bring what's left of her freakshow cult to order!". She sensed the throbbing ache over her scar-etched face as she released the cry, letting it reverberate inside the room.

    Blackfang was spurred by the moment, and with what many could consider to be quick reflexes, the spider latches onto the clay beast. The spider ravages the creature, and in mere moments, was turned into nothing but rubble.

    The spider turns its attention to its master, ready to finish this fight...
    Minor Action: Designate Clay Scout 1 my quarry.

    Standard Action: Predator Strike on Clay Scout 2 (At-Will)
    (1d20+5 vs. AC) = 20 HIT!
    (1d8+4) = 6 dmg

    Clay Scout 2 is DEAD!!

    End of turn: Saving throw: 10 Success!
    Malryna and Blackfang take 2 damage each

    Status:
    Kazadim - 20/24 - AC18/F15/R15/W12 - HS 7/8 - AP 2/2
    @G13 - Status: Normal.
    Ayliana - 16/29 - AC20/F14/R14/W14 - HS 2/12 - AP 1/2
    @H13 - Status: Slowed (save ends).
    Flutter - 24/28 - AC15/F13/R13/W15 - HS 9/10 - AP 0/2
    @I13 - Status: Normal.
    Malryna - 6/25 - AC16/F14/R14/W12 - HS 2/7 - AP 2/2
    @I14 - Status: Bloodied. -- Blackfang @H12 16/22 - AC15/F12/R13/W13 - HS 2/2
    Paela - 23/25 - AC14/F11/R14/W16 - HS 5/7 - AP 1/2
    @L11 - Status: Normal.
    Clay Scout 1 - 19/31 - AC16/F13/R14/W15
    @I15 - Status: Quarry
    Clay Scout 2 - -2/31 - AC16/F13/R14/W15
    @H12 - Status: Dead

    TiamatZ on
  • Options
    El SkidEl Skid The frozen white northRegistered User regular
    edited December 2009
    Paela held her breath and ran into the room, rushing through the choking smoke and past her allies to a corner of the room that was still free of smoke. Turning, she tossed a bolt of acid at the remaining scout... but her shot was wide, scoring a circular indentation into the wall behind it.
    Move: to G15
    Standard: Acid Orb vs Reflex on Clay Scout 1: 1d20+6 11 1d10+10 17 MISS

    Odd attack roll: free saving throw (wasted)

    Edit- forgot to add combat advantage, but I still miss.

    El Skid on
  • Options
    InkSplatInkSplat 100%ed Bad Rats. Registered User regular
    edited December 2009
    The shifting cloud of butterflies glides across the room before turning back and engulfing the last clay scout. The creature staggers amidst the swarm, finding himself positioned in the middle of all of his attackers.
    Move: H15
    Standard: Savage Rend vs Clay Scout 1: 1d20+5 23 Hit! 1d8+4 10 damage.
    On hit: Slide Clay Scout 1 to H14

    InkSplat on
    Origin for Dragon Age: Inquisition Shenanigans: Inksplat776
  • Options
    Draw On Holy MightDraw On Holy Might Registered User regular
    edited December 2009
    With only one of the homunculi remaining, Kazadim rushed forward with the rest of his companions to surround it.
    “We strike as one. Hit it now!”

    He made for a lunge with his sword, purposefully too high, but it was enough to distract the simple creature. Malryna stepped in at the opening, slashing quickly with her blade, cutting a wide gash into the creature’s side – enough to finally bring it down.

    “Damnable flying bastards!”
    Kazadim tried to catch his breath, coughing heavily from the smoke.
    Move: Shift to H14
    Standard: Commander's Strike on the last Clay Scout
    Malryna's Basic Melee Attack: (1d20+7+2 for CA) = 16, HIT!
    Damage: (1d6+5+4) = 10, down it goes
    Take 2 damage from the smoke
    Man, that was the least I could roll on both of those to actually do anything

    Draw On Holy Might on
  • Options
    robp85robp85 Registered User regular
    edited December 2009
    Congratulations! Another combat completed!

    You each gain 350 xp for that battle which, if my calculations are correct, put you all at level 2!

    Level up your characters, spend healing surges, speak with whoever may be left alive and give me a !ready when you're set to go.

    As the battle ends, the team put out both the remaining torches removing the hazard of the smoke filled room. Slowly it dissipates and breathing becomes easy once again. Looking around the room, you notice a couple of other things.

    Two male human slaves appear to be dead, shoved in a corner. Of the halflings who were taken as slaves, one is cowering in a cell on the west wall and one is dead (courtesy of Flutter) and chained in to the floor by the stairwell. The other two seem to have been turned into the witherling monsters that were attacking you.

    Second, Flutter feels a little weird. The noxious fumes from the torches seems to have affected her druidic powers in a strange way. It almost feels like it strengthened her somehow.

    Finally, you notice that the floor is uneven. Chunks were taken from floor matching the number of clay creatures you fought plus a couple. Where the others are, you're unsure. It seems obvious, though, that Morgana's rock she was carrying around has some strange abilities making her a dangerous foe.
    New weapon for Flutter!

    Fell Beast Totem:
    Implement (Totem)
    Enhancement: +1 attack rolls and damage rolls
    Critical: +1d6 poison damage per plus
    Power (Daily * Poison): Free. The next time you use a primal attack power through this totem during this turn, each creature hit by the attack takes ongoing 5 poison damage (save ends).

    EDIT: Change to the effects on Flutter to match more with what Ink wrote below.

    Who's who of the third battle!
    The Tank: Ayliana, taking 35 damage!
    The Killer: Flutter, killing 6 foes!
    The Most Feared: Flutter, doing 53 damage!
    The Healer: Kazadim, healing a total of 20 damage!
    The Dice Hates: Paela, with 3 misses!

    robp85 on
    Skard, Shifter Warden
    Basic Attack +26 vs AC -- Damage 1d10+19 (+5 if enemy is prone) (+2 if Longtooth Shifting is active)
  • Options
    InkSplatInkSplat 100%ed Bad Rats. Registered User regular
    edited December 2009
    Flutter slowly reforms, feeling the somewhat..different. Her group may notice a faint green tinge to the previously perfectly violet of her markings. She looks momentarily ill before regaining her composure.
    Spend 1 Healing Surge to get to full (now 33)

    I took "Focus the Spirit's Lives" as my new feat, which allows me to roll a d10 rather than d6 if I'm using Memory of the Thousand Lifetimes on a Beastform power. And Warding Wind as my level 2 utility.

    !ready

    InkSplat on
    Origin for Dragon Age: Inquisition Shenanigans: Inksplat776
  • Options
    El SkidEl Skid The frozen white northRegistered User regular
    edited December 2009
    Paela's heart was still pumping from the last battle. Although she was less effective than she would have liked, she couldn't help but feel...stronger, more in control of the magic she wielded.
    Ready!

    El Skid on
  • Options
    JoeslopJoeslop Registered User regular
    edited December 2009
    Stomping her foot down on the last torch, the light and smoke slowly clearing out, Ayliana looked over at the stairs, more determined than ever to find the Halfling.

    "We know she's here and what she is capable of. Now it remains only to find her again and rescue what hostages remaim.

    !ready

    Joeslop on
  • Options
    TiamatZTiamatZ Ghost puns The Banette of my existenceRegistered User regular
    edited December 2009
    The Drow Ranger patched herself and Blackfang up as much as she could. Common sense told her they needed to take a rest, but the adrenaline flowing through Malryna told her otherwise. They needed to stop this halfling, and she needed to pay...

    She stalked the stairs, looked up, and started to slowly move upwards, to see what's beyond...
    Spend 2 healing surges on myself, bringing me to 20/30 (1 healing surge left)
    Blackfang spends 2 healing suges, bring it back to full health 30/30 (no healing surges left)

    Perception roll to see what's at the top of the stairs (once she reaches the top that is): 22

    !Ready

    TiamatZ on
  • Options
    Draw On Holy MightDraw On Holy Might Registered User regular
    edited December 2009
    With the last of the torches out, he could finally see clearly, breathing the poison and smoke out of his lungs.
    Kazadim surveyed what remained with the rest of the group.

    He knelt down beside the fallen Halfling, an innocent victim caught in their struggle against evil, unable to shake the feelings of guilt and sorrow for not being save the poor man. Did someone in town know him? Was he one of the prisoners that the Priestess spoke of, or just an unfortunate soul caught here by these devils? A proper burial was required, but it would have to wait.

    There were more important matters at hand.

    “The Lady will guide your soul now.” Kazadim clasped the seashell pin on his armor as he recited the prayer.

    When it was finished, he stood, and moved to the base of the stairs to watch for any signals from the Drow.
    Spending a surge, which puts me at 29/29, and 6/8 surges
    Also, !Ready

    Draw On Holy Might on
  • Options
    El SkidEl Skid The frozen white northRegistered User regular
    edited December 2009
    Paela caught movement out of the corner of her eye and went over to investigate; one of the halflings from the village was still alive and chained in a cell- she'd completely missed this in her hurry to deal with their enemies.

    "Hallo there!" she said happily, looking at the halfling with her strangely disconcerting unfocused gaze. "You look like you could use some help...I'm Paela, and we're here to help you."

    Looking around, she paused thoughtfully before continuing: "I thought there was going to be alot more of you- are there any others left that weren't just here?"

    El Skid on
  • Options
    robp85robp85 Registered User regular
    edited December 2009
    The halfling left alive speaks quickly as Paela opens the door and removes the gag.

    "The others have either been killed or were turned into those vile creatures you killed earlier. I don't know what Morgana is after but thank you for saving me!"

    The conversation is cut short by sounds from on top of the stairs.

    Meanwhile...

    Malryna makes her way up the stairs and immediately notices more pieces of the floor missing. She's surprised by this fact for a moment but is more surprised by the appearance of two more clay creatures standing before her.

    Surprise Round!

    Both focus on the ranger, trying to bring her down quickly. Malryna fights off the first mental assault but is unable to stave off the second. Once again, the pain and confusion of the psychic attack slows her reflexes and causes her agony.

    Actions:
    Clay Scout 1:

    Standard: Mind Touch vs Malryna (Ref:15) = 13 Miss!

    Clay Scout 2:

    Standard: Mind Touch vs Malryna (Ref:15) = 19 Hit for 5 damage!
    Malryna is now Dazed.

    Map:
    7308br.png

    Status:
    Kazadim - 29/29 - AC18/F15/R15/W12 - HS 6/8 - AP 2/2 <-- Need updated character sheet, please.
    @G13 - Status: Normal.
    Ayliana - 16/40 - AC22/F15/R15/W15 - HS 2/12 - AP 1/2
    @H13 - Status: Bloodied.
    Flutter - 33/33 - AC16/F14/R14/W16 - HS 8/10 - AP 0/2
    @I13 - Status: Normal.
    Malryna - 15/30 - AC17/F15/R15/W13 - HS 1/7 - AP 2/2
    @I14 - Status: Bloodied. Dazed. -- Blackfang @H12 30/30 - AC15/F12/R13/W13 - HS 0/2
    Paela - 23/25 - AC14/F11/R14/W16 - HS 5/7 - AP 1/2 <-- Need updated character sheet, please.
    @L11 - Status: Normal.
    Clay Scout 1 - 31/31 - AC16/F13/R14/W15
    @I15 - Status: Normal.
    Clay Scout 2 - 31/31 - AC16/F13/R14/W15
    @H12 - Status: Normal.

    Roll Initiative!

    robp85 on
    Skard, Shifter Warden
    Basic Attack +26 vs AC -- Damage 1d10+19 (+5 if enemy is prone) (+2 if Longtooth Shifting is active)
  • Options
    El SkidEl Skid The frozen white northRegistered User regular
    edited December 2009
    Paela looked up, her second hand going immediately to her staff and her eyes narrowing as she searches out her new foes.

    Looks like we have more fiends to play with, Jenny!

    Initiative: 1d20+5+2 26

    El Skid on
  • Options
    TiamatZTiamatZ Ghost puns The Banette of my existenceRegistered User regular
    edited December 2009
    Malryna cries out to the group at the bottom.

    "Be careful, there's more compa.....Aiigh!"

    The Drow stops in midsentence as she falls prey once more to the beast's psychic attack.

    Initiative (1d20+4+2) = 14

    TiamatZ on
  • Options
    JoeslopJoeslop Registered User regular
    edited December 2009
    At the Drow's cry, Ayliana looked up the stairs in alarm, preparing herself.
    Initiative: 1d20+5 19
    We took a short rest, right?

    Joeslop on
  • Options
    robp85robp85 Registered User regular
    edited December 2009
    Yes, you got a short rest in.

    robp85 on
    Skard, Shifter Warden
    Basic Attack +26 vs AC -- Damage 1d10+19 (+5 if enemy is prone) (+2 if Longtooth Shifting is active)
  • Options
    InkSplatInkSplat 100%ed Bad Rats. Registered User regular
    edited December 2009
    Flutter narrows her eyes in annoyance, and she seemed a very intimidating creature indeed--amidst all the dirt and grime and blood, she was still completely pristine, surrounded by a cloud of violet death.

    "Let us save them yet again."
    Initiative: 1d20+3 22

    InkSplat on
    Origin for Dragon Age: Inquisition Shenanigans: Inksplat776
  • Options
    Draw On Holy MightDraw On Holy Might Registered User regular
    edited December 2009
    Initiative: (1d20+2) = 3, no time to maek post, got stuck with a double shift at work

    Updated Character:
    Kazadim - 29/29 - AC20/F16/R16/W13 - HS 6/8 - AP 1/2
    Character Sheet

    Draw On Holy Might on
  • Options
    robp85robp85 Registered User regular
    edited December 2009
    Round 1

    Everyone's quick reactions allow them to act shortly after the attack against Malryna is made. Everyone's ready, except Kazadim as apparently he was caught off guard.

    Map:
    7308br.png

    --Note: The squares with triangles on them are difficult terrain.

    Initiative:
    Paela (26)
    Flutter (22)
    Ayliana (19)
    Malryna (14)

    Clay Scouts (11)
    Kazadim (3)

    Status:
    Kazadim - 29/29 - AC20/F16/R16/W13 - HS 6/8 - AP 2/2
    @G4 - Status: Normal.
    Ayliana - 16/40 - AC22/F15/R15/W15 - HS 2/12 - AP 1/2
    @G3 - Status: Bloodied.
    Flutter - 33/33 - AC16/F14/R14/W16 - HS 8/10 - AP 0/2
    @G5 - Status: Normal.
    Malryna - 15/30 - AC17/F15/R15/W13 - HS 1/7 - AP 2/2
    @E6 - Status: Bloodied. Dazed. -- Blackfang @G2 30/30 - AC15/F12/R13/W13 - HS 0/2
    Paela - 23/25 - AC15/F12/R15/W15 - HS 5/7 - AP 1/2
    @F2 - Status: Normal.
    Clay Scout 1 - 31/31 - AC16/F13/R14/W15
    @H7 - Status: Normal.
    Clay Scout 2 - 31/31 - AC16/F13/R14/W15
    @H6 - Status: Normal.

    First up: Paela, Flutter, Ayliana and Malryna!

    robp85 on
    Skard, Shifter Warden
    Basic Attack +26 vs AC -- Damage 1d10+19 (+5 if enemy is prone) (+2 if Longtooth Shifting is active)
  • Options
    TiamatZTiamatZ Ghost puns The Banette of my existenceRegistered User regular
    edited December 2009
    Malryna's world once more started revolving around her.

    She wanted to move forward, but her legs refused, instead moving backwards. She rushed down the stairs, oblivious to the party (and nearly tackling the Eladrin in the process) and halted right behind them. Her mind was reeling from the confusion, and she tried to battle it once more...
    Move action: Move to H3
    Saving Throw: 8 FAIL!!

    TiamatZ on
  • Options
    El SkidEl Skid The frozen white northRegistered User regular
    edited December 2009
    Paela's eyes blaze as she prepares to confront the new foes. She leaps up and away from the still-bound halfling. Reaching out and touching Ayliana briefly, she focuses a bit of her power, shifting the magic around her subtly to imbue herself and Ayliana with a slightly eerie orange glow. That done, she bounds up the stairs past the retreating Malryna and turns to face the newest attackers. With a low growl, she releases a sphere of acid from her staff, which connects solidly with one of the scouts, burning a hole into its chest.

    Now we're in business she thought as the magic bent to perfectly her will.
    Minor- Elemental Shift. Until End of this encounter, Paela has 5 resist psychic and ignores 5 points of psychic resistance. Target Ayliana- She also gains 5 resist psychic. Note these things do psychic damage :P
    Move- To D6
    Standard- Acid Orb vs Reflex on Scout 1: 1d20+7 15 1d10+10 20 Hit for 20 damage

    Status:
    Kazadim - 29/29 - AC20/F16/R16/W13 - HS 6/8 - AP 2/2
    @G4 - Status: Normal.
    Ayliana - 16/40 - AC22/F15/R15/W15 - HS 2/12 - AP 1/2
    @G3 - Status: Bloodied., resist 5 psychic
    Flutter - 33/33 - AC16/F14/R14/W16 - HS 8/10 - AP 0/2
    @G5 - Status: Normal.
    Malryna - 15/30 - AC17/F15/R15/W13 - HS 1/7 - AP 2/2
    @E6 - Status: Bloodied. Dazed. -- Blackfang @H3 30/30 - AC15/F12/R13/W13 - HS 0/2
    Paela - 28/30 - AC15/F12/R15/W15 - HS 5/7 - AP 1/2
    @D6 - Status: Resist 5 psychic.
    Clay Scout 1 - 11/31 - AC16/F13/R14/W15
    @H7 - Status: Bloodied.
    Clay Scout 2 - 31/31 - AC16/F13/R14/W15
    @H6 - Status: Normal.

    El Skid on
  • Options
    InkSplatInkSplat 100%ed Bad Rats. Registered User regular
    edited December 2009
    Flutter once more becomes her thousand selves as she surges forward up the steps and directly toward the clay scouts. Just as the cloud of butterflies reaches the guardians, however, it scatters, becoming thin and yet even greater, burning and blasting the two sentries from every direction, while making the cloud even harder to battle back against.

    The first guard seems undeterred by the swarm, as the majority of it seems focused on the second (perhaps due to the acid), who reels visibly from the magics unleashed.
    Move: F7
    Minor: Wildshape into Swarm. Gain resist 3 vs Melee & Ranged attacks. Shift to G7.
    Standard: Scattered Form vs Clay Scout 1 & 2.

    Scattered Form vs CS1 & CS2 (Ref 14): 1d20+7 9 1d20+7 18 2d6+4 10

    Memory of a Thousand Lifetimes: 1d10 3

    Clay Scout 1: Miss!
    Clay Scout 2: Hit! 10 damage.

    Flutter takes half damage from all melee or ranged attacks that hit her before the end of her next turn. This halving occurs before her resistance occurs.

    InkSplat on
    Origin for Dragon Age: Inquisition Shenanigans: Inksplat776
  • Options
    JoeslopJoeslop Registered User regular
    edited December 2009
    Ayliana charged up the stairs as well as she could in the confined area, swerving around the corner and charging at the first enemy she sees.However she misjudges and the hammer slams into the wall next to the Scout. She glares at the second Scout, implanting in its feeble mind a vision of Bahamut, daring it to attack her.
    Move: Move to G6.
    Standard: Challenging Strike on Scout at H6: 1d20+7 11 MISS
    Minor: Divine Challenge to Scout at H7.

    Joeslop on
  • Options
    robp85robp85 Registered User regular
    edited December 2009
    Round 1.5

    Both clay scouts move to attack Ayliana. One tries to sink it's teeth into the eladrin but is unable to penetrate the armored skin protecting her. The other is able to plague Ayliana's mind. Though the pain is greatly reduced from the Paela's magical protection, the ultimate effect is the same, confusing and slowing Ayliana's movements.

    Actions:
    Clay Scout 1:

    Standard: Bite vs Ayliana (AC:20) = 9 Miss!

    Clay Scout 2:

    Move: Shift to I6
    Standard: Mind Touch vs Ayliana (Ref:15) = 19 Hit for 6 damage! Reduced to 1 after resistance taken into account.
    Ayliana is now Dazed.

    Map:
    abjxnm.png

    --Note: The squares with triangles on them are difficult terrain.

    Initiative:
    Paela
    Flutter
    Ayliana
    Malryna

    Clay Scouts
    Kazadim

    Status:
    Kazadim - 29/29 - AC20/F16/R16/W13 - HS 6/8 - AP 2/2
    @G4 - Status: Normal.
    Ayliana - 15/40 - AC22/F15/R15/W15 - HS 2/12 - AP 1/2
    @G6 - Status: Resist psychic 5. Bloodied. Dazed.
    Flutter - 33/33 - AC16/F14/R14/W16 - HS 8/10 - AP 0/2
    @F7 - Status: Normal.
    Malryna - 15/30 - AC17/F15/R15/W13 - HS 1/7 - AP 2/2
    @H3 - Status: Bloodied. Dazed. -- Blackfang @G2 30/30 - AC15/F12/R13/W13 - HS 0/2
    Paela - 23/25 - AC15/F12/R15/W15 - HS 5/7 - AP 1/2
    @D6 - Status: Resist psychic 5.
    Clay Scout 1 - 11/31 - AC16/F13/R14/W15
    @H7 - Status: Bloodied.
    Clay Scout 2 - 21/31 - AC16/F13/R14/W15
    @I6 - Status: Normal.

    Next up: Everyone!

    robp85 on
    Skard, Shifter Warden
    Basic Attack +26 vs AC -- Damage 1d10+19 (+5 if enemy is prone) (+2 if Longtooth Shifting is active)
  • Options
    Draw On Holy MightDraw On Holy Might Registered User regular
    edited December 2009
    Kazadim cursed loudly.
    “In the Lady’s name... how many of these damn things are there in this abyssal place?”

    He glanced over at Malryna, seeing the effects of the scouts’ attacks working their way through her mind once again. He reached a hand out to her shoulder, giving her a solid shake.

    “Drow, do not let their poison distract you. We must return to the fight!”
    Though authoritative, his words were as soothing as ever – the strength of his will flowing around Malryna like water, as the disorientation all but dissolved from her.

    With that, Kazadim bounded up the stairs to survey the scene. It hardly seemed that they were in any great danger, but both the Paladin and the Ranger seemed to be pushing their limits combating these evils.

    “The Lady of the Tides watches over us, even in the dens of our enemies. Do not fall! These wretches are hardly worth the sweat off our brows, but we must slay each and every one of them!”

    Though the Paladin was a devout of Bahamut, there was comfort in the genasi’s words. He was as a calm in the storm that raged around them, easing stress and pain, his smooth voice echoing in the chamber around them.

    Rushing forward to join the battle, Kazadim feinting low with his blade half-heartedly, in an attempt to distract the scout for Ayliana’s hammer. He did not expect a great deal of cunning from it, but this one proved otherwise, ignoring the ploy and dodging the incoming attack with ease.

    He growled under his breath.
    Note to self. Kill. All. Homunculi.


    Actions:
    Minor: Shake It Off on Malryna (grants a saving throw)
    Saving Throw vs. Daze: (1d20+1) = 20, success!
    Move: To G7
    Minor: Inspiring Word on Ayliana
    10 (surge) + 1d6 (1) = 11 hit points
    Action Point!: Commander's Strike on Clay Scout 1
    Ayliana's Basic Melee Attack: (1d20+7) = 12, miss

    Draw On Holy Might on
  • Options
    TiamatZTiamatZ Ghost puns The Banette of my existenceRegistered User regular
    edited December 2009
    As Malryna shrugs off the psychic confusion and harmless poisons thanks to Kazadim's heroic words, she regains her composure once more. Well, they at least sounded heroic to the Drow...

    With her boomerang and knife in hand, she motions to her spider friend, and off they charged to the room at the top!

    Once she reached the top, she let loose her boomerang on the one clay monstrosity. With a mere throw of the wrist (and a little luck), the clay scout was utterly cut in half by the Drow's new boomerang, and like her loyal companion, returned to her hand, ready for another attack. The Drow tried to unleash another one of her race's dark powers; the ability to envelop an enemy with purplish flames, making them easy prey. But the infernal creature dodged her attack, and she could not help but utter a curse under her breath to the bloody thing...

    Move Action: Move Malryna to E6, and Blackfang to E5
    Standard Action: Range Basic attack on Clay Scout 1
    (1d20+7 vs AC) = 18 Hit!
    (1d6+6) = 11 damage Killed!
    Minor Action: Darkfire on Clay Scout 2 (1d20+6 vs Reflex) = 10 FAIL!!

    TiamatZ on
  • Options
    El SkidEl Skid The frozen white northRegistered User regular
    edited December 2009
    *Assume this happened before Malryna's action, or else it makes no sense :P

    Looking at her injured foes, Paela released a burst of Magical energy, hoping to knock them both out in one swoop. The second was horribly maimed by the blast, stepping towards the halfling as though mesmirized. The other seemed to shrug off the psychic assault, looking no worse for the wear.
    Move: to D7
    Standard: Bedeviling Burst (Encounter):

    Bedeviling Burst vs Will on Scout 1: 1d20+7+1 10 1d10+10 12 MISS

    Bedeviling Burst vs Will on Scout 2: 1d20+7 17 1d10+10 18 Hit for 18 Damage. Even Number :Slide Enemy up to 4 squares- To G7


    Status:
    Kazadim - 29/29 - AC20/F16/R16/W13 - HS 6/8 - AP 2/2
    @G4 - Status: Normal.
    Ayliana - 15/40 - AC22/F15/R15/W15 - HS 2/12 - AP 1/2
    @G6 - Status: Resist psychic 5. Bloodied. Dazed.
    Flutter - 33/33 - AC16/F14/R14/W16 - HS 8/10 - AP 0/2
    @F7 - Status: Normal.
    Malryna - 15/30 - AC17/F15/R15/W13 - HS 1/7 - AP 2/2
    @E6 - Status: Bloodied. Dazed. -- Blackfang @E5 30/30 - AC15/F12/R13/W13 - HS 0/2
    Paela - 23/25 - AC15/F12/R15/W15 - HS 5/7 - AP 1/2
    @D7 - Status: Resist psychic 5.

    Clay Scout 2 - 3/31 - AC16/F13/R14/W15
    @G7 - Status: Bloodied.

    Next up: Ayliana, Flutter

    El Skid on
  • Options
    InkSplatInkSplat 100%ed Bad Rats. Registered User regular
    edited December 2009
    As the clay beast stumbles forward, mesmerized by Paela's magic, it runs directly into the deadly swarm of butterflies. The tiny fluttering creatures leave nothing but dust in their wake as they pierce the golem from every angle.
    Savage Rend vs Clay Scout 2 (Ref 14): 1d20+7 21 1d8+5 6 damage.

    InkSplat on
    Origin for Dragon Age: Inquisition Shenanigans: Inksplat776
  • Options
    robp85robp85 Registered User regular
    edited December 2009
    Victory!

    The final clay scout is devoured by the creatures ending the threat to your lives once again and freeing you to look around. You notice a large pile of gold behind the dead scouts as well as a few doors in this room. Also, the halfling that was locked up in chains down the stairs still sits in his bonds.
    Congratulations! You have defeated the foes. You gain 400 xp.

    Post battle stuff may commence!

    robp85 on
    Skard, Shifter Warden
    Basic Attack +26 vs AC -- Damage 1d10+19 (+5 if enemy is prone) (+2 if Longtooth Shifting is active)
  • Options
    JoeslopJoeslop Registered User regular
    edited January 2010
    Ayliana suddenly remembers the Halfling that was tied up downstairs. After the last Scout crumbles, she rushes back downstairs to undo the Halflife.

    "Sorry, we had some sculptures with a bad grudge to take care of. Are you able to stand?

    Joeslop on
  • Options
    TiamatZTiamatZ Ghost puns The Banette of my existenceRegistered User regular
    edited January 2010
    With the final (hopefully) clay scout destroyed, the Drow sheathes her knife and boomerang, and puffs an inaudable sigh of relief.

    Light! I really hope that was the last of those things!

    Malryna and Blackfang explores the room, looking for clues (as well as traps) while moving as quietly as both possibly could, in the hopes that Morgana was still here (since she doesn't want to alert the Halfling cultist).
    Perception Check (to spot any clues): 16
    Dungeoneering Check (to find traps, possibly from the gold): 11
    Stealth Check: 12

    TiamatZ on
Sign In or Register to comment.