As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

Remembering a kids game

thorpethorpe Registered User regular
edited November 2009 in Help / Advice Forum
This is driving me and my sister crazy. When we were little we used to play a kids' education game, I think on DOS, although it might have been as late as Windows 95. It had a light math focus, but you played as a winter explorer or someone similar climbing a snowy mountain with multiple tiers. There were problems like managing a system of scales, and buying things from a store. I seem to recall you passing through the various levels via ladders. Snowballs may have been involved.

If anybody could give me a title it would be much appreciated.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
thorpe on

• TrillianTrillian Registered User regular
    edited October 2009
    Treasure mountain?

Trillian on

They cast a shadow like a sundial in the morning light. It was half past 10.
  • thorpethorpe Registered User regular
    edited October 2009
    My undying thanks to you sir, that is the game in question.

thorpe on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • ChillyWillyChillyWilly Registered User regular
    edited October 2009
    I know the question is already answered, but I just wanted to say that I lost hours of my childhood to that game. Good fun. :)

ChillyWilly on
    PAFC Top 10 Finisher in Seasons 1 and 3. 2nd in Seasons 4 and 5. Final 4 in Season 6.
  • TrillianTrillian Registered User regular
    edited November 2009
    no prob

Trillian on

They cast a shadow like a sundial in the morning light. It was half past 10.
  • GothicLargoGothicLargo Registered User regular
    edited November 2009
    While we're at it, did anyone here play Math Blaster?

GothicLargo on
    atfc.jpg
  • FoodFood Registered User regular
    edited November 2009
    NO! NOT TREASURE MOUNTAIN! IT'S TREASURE MATHSTORM!!!!! THE SNOWY MATH-FOCUSED SEQUEL!

Food on
  • NightDragonNightDragon 6th Grade Username Registered User regular
    edited November 2009
    MAN, those games were sooooo fuuuuun :D

NightDragon on
  • ruzkinruzkin Registered User regular
    edited November 2009
    I played that until I filled the entire goddamn gallery with my treasures. Took months. So good.

ruzkin on
    g4OlSIF.jpg
  • InterjectionInterjection Registered User regular
    edited November 2009
    Treasure Cove is still my favorite treasure series game.

EDIT: Of course Midnight Rescue was my all time favorite. I was the highest ranked person in my school, who else played these at school?

Interjection on
    aka kcMasterpiece
  • DekuStickDekuStick Registered User regular
    edited November 2009
    Was Midnight Rescue the game where you were a detective going through a school? I loved that game.

DekuStick on
  • vegeta_666vegeta_666 CanadaRegistered User regular
    edited November 2009
    Oh man, I remember that game. That was the greatest game ever. Lost so many hours to that annnd I remember there being this eduacational game about exploring a castle... and one about Leonardo Da Vinci too. Good times.

vegeta_666 on
    Sob24Nm.png
    Steam: abunchofdaftpunk | PSN: noautomobilesgo | Lastfm: sjchszeppelin | Backloggery: colincummings | 3DS FC: 1392-6019-0219 |
  • InterjectionInterjection Registered User regular
    edited November 2009
    DekuStick wrote: »
    Was Midnight Rescue the game where you were a detective going through a school? I loved that game.

Oh yeah it was. It was kinda suspenseful too, when you ran out of film and one of the robots was trying to get you. I think it tested like reading comprehension, and english terms.

Interjection on
    aka kcMasterpiece
  • MalyonsusMalyonsus Registered User regular
    edited November 2009
    There also happens to be an LP of most of the Super Solvers games

http://lparchive.org/LetsPlay/Super%20Solvers/

Malyonsus on
  • TofystedethTofystedeth Registered User regular
    edited November 2009
    Ancient Empires was the best. No question. I defy you to find a better one.

Tofystedeth on
    steam_sig.png
  • tardcoretardcore Registered User regular
    edited November 2009
    Treasure Island! I was thinking about this game the other day and how I use to play it in the 5th grade, but forgot the title. Thanks for the information.

tardcore on
  • psycojesterpsycojester Registered User regular
    edited November 2009
    ruzkin wrote: »
    I played that until I filled the entire goddamn gallery with my treasures. Took months. So good.

Did anything happen once you unlocked them all? I'd love to know.

psycojester on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • ruzkinruzkin Registered User regular
    edited November 2009
    ruzkin wrote: »

Did anything happen once you unlocked them all? I'd love to know.

I remember no special ending... keeping in mind that this was almost 18 years ago, now. But youtube says this is the final ending: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EC8G4lmKAw4

ruzkin on
    g4OlSIF.jpg
  • KillgrimageKillgrimage Registered User regular
    edited November 2009
    Holy crap. I have literally not thought of these games since we got rid of our old DOS machine. They were the best. Thanks internet!

Killgrimage on