As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

[WoW] [Raiding] is way too easy

1565758596062»

• DharmaBumDharmaBum Registered User regular
    edited February 2010
    Opty wrote: »
    The only reason I could see anyone extending at this point in time is to get a first kill on their server. If you're not in the running for that, then extending is dumb.

Not necessarily. The 10m I'm apart of made the decision to extend the lockout untill we get down Sindragosa and Arthas. For the three weeks that we have been stalled out on Sindragosa easily 90% of the loot that dropps in everything up to that point goes to off-specs that noone ever uses. Likewise everyone is pretty much done w/ Frost Badges.

Also the group meets only once a week and getting a 2nd night hammered down is like herding cats. So rather than spend the time killing bosses that we have been killing since they were released we made the decision to throw an entire night against the last two bosses to we can move into Heroic mode where we will start getting loot that nearly everyone will need.

DharmaBum on
  • BikkstahBikkstah Registered User regular
    edited February 2010
    aunsoph wrote: »
    Bikkstah wrote: »
    The bonuses are what counts.

Still not worth it.

Really, extra AoE threat and an extra cooldown aren't worth it?

Bikkstah on
  • RanlinRanlin Oh gosh Registered User regular
    edited February 2010
    Aren't they (or have they already?) giving bonus armor to the plate tank sets too? (No bear love :( )

Ranlin on
  • MrIamMeMrIamMe Registered User regular
    edited February 2010
    The first bonus, +20% damage to death and decay is a glyph.

WOW! (note: sarcasm)

The 4p bonus, a 12% damage reduction for 10s when you use blood tap.

Note, most dk tanks use blood tap when you need a rune and you need it NOW. So this bonus is super situational.

Taking equiv in each slot with items with bonus armour leads me to be armour capped. Thats a perm 75% reduction against physical damage.

The other night on fester, on 3 stacks I was getting hit for 0 damage by activating icebound fort, and having a priest shield and the corroded skelli key shield.

So, DK tanks who know what they are doing do not get the tier gear unless they are clearing 277 level content.

EDIT: Yes they are giving bonus armour. They took away the defense on the DK chest, meaning I would have 3 items with 0 def, leaving me under def cap.....it was a knee jerk reaction and not well thought out.

MrIamMe on
    edited February 2010
    Right, blood tap is the same thing as enrage. It's burst threat.

Bikkstah on
  • Thomase1984Thomase1984 Registered User regular
    edited February 2010
    DUDE, you don't even need to WORRY about that anymore. Icey touch is your SHIELD SLAM now. ICEY SLAM YEAH.

Thomase1984 on
  • ArkanArkan Registered User regular
    edited February 2010
    All of the t10 4pc tank bonuses are the same - 12% dr for 10 seconds when you do something. For paladins it's Divine plea, which is really weird because currently we only cast it once a fight.

Arkan on
    Big, honkin' pile of WoW characters
    I think it's hard for someone not to rage at mario kart, while shouting "Fuck you Donkey Kong. Whose dick did you suck to get all those red shells?"
  • ForarForar #432 Toronto, Ontario, CanadaRegistered User regular
    edited February 2010
    Arkan wrote: »
    All of the t10 4pc tank bonuses are the same - 12% dr for 10 seconds when you do something. For paladins it's Divine plea, which is really weird because currently we only cast it once a fight.

But after 1 minute if you cast it again, you'd get the DR again, would you not? I don't see why that'd be all that weird; the mana (and existing DR if you're glyphed for it) doesn't need refreshing, but I guess it'd make Divine Plea more useful amidst a lengthy fight, wouldn't it?

That said, with 2 piece 232 bonuses across the board, am I ever loving my reduced taunt cooldowns on the tanks.

Forar on
    First they came for the Muslims, and we said NOT TODAY, MOTHERFUCKER!
  • NobodyNobody Registered User regular
    edited February 2010
    Forar wrote: »
    Arkan wrote: »

But after 1 minute if you cast it again, you'd get the DR again, would you not? I don't see why that'd be all that weird; the mana (and existing DR if you're glyphed for it) doesn't need refreshing, but I guess it'd make Divine Plea more useful amidst a lengthy fight, wouldn't it?

That said, with 2 piece 232 bonuses across the board, am I ever loving my reduced taunt cooldowns on the tanks.

Well he's partially wrong, we can and do cast it more than once a fight depending on the mechanics. Putricide is a good example of this because the time he takes to do his phase 1-2 and phase 2-3 transitions are longer than the countdown on a fresh divine plea. There can be a similiar issue with Dreamwalker and the Gunship event as far as when adds come out and how efficient your dps is.

Nobody on
    edited February 2010
    Some people just dont understand that tier gear is not always the best gear avaliable.

Also, DKs dont have burst threat, hence Icy Touch getting buffed next patch.

Why would I want 12% DR when Im trying to get aggro?

MrIamMe on
  • ArkanArkan Registered User regular
    edited February 2010
    All of the t10 4piece effects are tied to unrelated effects. The warrior one procs off of Bloodrage.

Arkan on
    Big, honkin' pile of WoW characters
    I think it's hard for someone not to rage at mario kart, while shouting "Fuck you Donkey Kong. Whose dick did you suck to get all those red shells?"
  • NobodyNobody Registered User regular
    edited February 2010
    MrIamMe wrote: »
    Some people just dont understand that tier gear is not always the best gear avaliable.

True.

Personally I'm shooting for 2pc on my pally (gloves and helm) when I have the marks for it (saving up the badges now). The 2pc of "Hammer of the Righteous has 20% more damage" is incredibly sexy.

The crafted Pillars of Might are superior pants, and the badge chest and gunship shoulders are generally better as well.

Nobody on
  • fortyforty Registered User regular
    edited February 2010
    Bikkstah wrote: »
    riz wrote: »
    Naphtali wrote: »
    Tuesday night is MC, Wednesday night is Vael attempts- I mean, dick around and do nothing with 28 people because people aren't showing up to do Vael.

Haha, dude, at invite time on Tuesdays, we to this day have people going "MC or BWL?" Because we used to mix it up when possible so people wouldn't be able to just show up for Loot Tuesday guaranteed. I can't believe it's still being said after years.

We are having to implement this now as we did back in Naxx/OS where we stopped doing Naxx on Weds and did Sarth + 3 instead to trick loot whores into raiding. People show up on Weds night to clear up to Arthas then don't show up Sun/Mon.
    How are you tricking Free Loot Tuesday people when ICC is pretty much all there is to do now?

forty on
    edited February 2010
    Switch up 10's and 25's?

"Okay, just whisper ____ for an invite, we'll see who we have, and the split into two grouHA HA! 35 in the raid, we're doing ICC25, bitches! Develop a sudden connection problem at your own risk!"

Forar on
    edited February 2010
    Well they'll still have to have a day for ICC25, and unless you're doing heroic modes (which you aren't if you're still working on the Lich King), the first day of ICC25 is Free Loot Tuesday, so all the mooches will still show up on that day.

forty on
    edited February 2010
    I'm aware of this.

As a progression raider in TBC and Vanilla, I'm not exactly unaccustomed to "Free loot Tuesday" also known as "can we go to Blackwing Lair/Black Temple instead of Naxxramas/Sunwell?" Tuesday.

I'm making light of the fact that with only one instance to focus on, you can't quite as easily post a GMOTD of "BWL tonight, come prepared" and then change it at the last minute to "Ha ha, going to Naxx, bring flasks and lots of repair cash, suckers."

Edit; for all the time I spend talking about being a former progression raider, it remains baffling that anyone would think I did anything but raid for 4 years straight.

Forar on
  • NaphtaliNaphtali Hazy + Flow SeaRegistered User regular
    edited February 2010
    I'm aware of this.

As a progression raider in TBC and Vanilla, I'm not exactly unaccustomed to "Free loot Tuesday" also known as "can we go to Blackwing Lair/Black Temple instead of Naxxramas/Sunwell?" Tuesday.

I'm making light of the fact that with only one instance to focus on, you can't quite as easily post a GMOTD of "BWL tonight, come prepared" and then change it at the last minute to "Ha ha, going to Naxx, bring flasks and lots of repair cash, suckers."

Edit; for all the time I spend talking about being a former progression raider, it remains baffling that anyone would think I did anything but raid for 4 years straight.

You did spend a few nights trying to take over the world Brain.
    Narf.

Naphtali on
    Steam | Nintendo ID: Naphtali | Wish List
  • TofystedethTofystedeth Registered User regular
    edited February 2010
    Naphtali wrote: »
    I'm aware of this.

You did spend a few nights trying to take over the world Brain.
    Narf.
    Zort! Poit! howling Fjord!

Tofystedeth on
    steam_sig.png
    edited February 2010
    I'm aware of this.

Uh, OK? My point is I'm curious how Bikkstah's guild handles this as he noted in his post.

forty on
  • SmasherSmasher Starting to get dizzy Registered User regular
    edited February 2010
    Taking equiv in each slot with items with bonus armour leads me to be armour capped. Thats a perm 75% reduction against physical damage.

You have more than 49,905 armor? Damn, my warrior's in mostly 245-264 gear and I'm not even at 30k yet :(

Smasher on
    edited February 2010
    I assume he means raid buffed, but even then, full raid buffs give you what, 4kish armor? Definitely no more than 5k?

I don't really see how a plate wearer can be passively armor capped.

forty on
  • BillmaanBillmaan Registered User regular
    edited February 2010
    He probably means that his character sheet shows 75% reduction, which really means "75% reduction against level 80s". I hit that regularly with buffs and procs, but the armor cap for 83s is still safely out of reach.

Billmaan on
    edited February 2010
    You can get an extra 18k armor with pot, imp. devo aura, and getting a proc of The Black Heart at the same time at Corpse Tongue Coin. That's 50k armor for me, but very situational and not worth using two shitty trinkets for.

Bikkstah on
    edited February 2010
    The post in question stated "Thats a perm 75% reduction against physical damage." So procs are irrelevant to being hard capped on armor.

Passively, with maximum raid buffs you could gain imp devo + imp motw + imp stoneskin totem + (the armor you gain from imp SoE Agility * Agi multipliers like kings) = can't look it up at work. Again I'm estimating that to be somewhere around 4k-5k.

forty on
  • shrykeshryke Member of the Beast Registered User regular
    edited February 2010

Because the number of times you desperately need that extra rune RIGHT NOW pales in comparison to the number of times you desperately need that extra cooldown RIGHT NOW.

shryke on
    edited February 2010
    I meant against level 80s, I should have clarified.

Knowing what it is against raid bosses requires more working out than Im willing to do right now :P

I know exactly when the big hits are coming and can use either IBF, vamp blood, the glyph dodge, a +armour pot, or even prayer ("please god, let me parry works sometimes").

I just don't like the 4p set bonus, or its obsession with avoid over EH.

MrIamMe on
This discussion has been closed.