As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

borderlands

• Options
    Zen VulgarityZen Vulgarity What a lovely day for tea Secret British ThreadRegistered User regular
    edited November 2009
    The end boss was run around and fire boom stick at it's giant vaginal maw

Zen Vulgarity on
  • Options
    Caulk Bite 6Caulk Bite 6 One of the multitude of Dans infesting this place Registered User regular
    edited November 2009
    okay so, I found a rocket launcher with 4x corrosive damage. it'd be pretty damn sweet if it had more than one shot.

of course, this is just the filler weapon while I wait to grow into the level 25, 4x incendiary launcher with base damage of close to 500 and 3 shots a clip.

EDIT: Also, I love the claptrap when you first go to the Rust Commons.

So cool.

Caulk Bite 6 on
    jnij103vqi2i.png
  • Options
    Burning OrganBurning Organ Registered User regular
    edited November 2009
    Man, I have a helix acid rocket launcher that does 500 or something damage per rocket. (It shoots 3 rockets at a time but only uses one rocket ammo per shot)

It has 2 + 5 + 3 rockets I think. 2 in the original magazine, five more due to skills and three more due to class mod. Also, whenever I kill an enemy I gain a fire rate boost and then that thing isn't as much a rocket launcher as it is an acid thrower.

I also just finished the game
    Too many bosses are immune to acid

Burning Organ on
  • Options
    Zombies Tossed My Salad!Zombies Tossed My Salad! Registered User regular
    edited November 2009
    Today was the first day since this game came out that I did not play it.

Good job Dragon Age

Zombies Tossed My Salad! on
  • Options
    Caulk Bite 6Caulk Bite 6 One of the multitude of Dans infesting this place Registered User regular
    edited November 2009
    Man, I have a helix acid rocket launcher that does 500 or something damage per rocket. (It shoots 3 rockets at a time but only uses one rocket ammo per shot)

It has 2 + 5 + 3 rockets I think. 2 in the original magazine, five more due to skills and three more due to class mod. Also, whenever I kill an enemy I gain a fire rate boost and then that thing isn't as much a rocket launcher as it is an acid thrower.

are they immune to fire?

Caulk Bite 6 on
    jnij103vqi2i.png
  • Options
    edited November 2009
    Caulk Bite wrote: »

are they immune to fire?

Never had a good fire gun so never tried.

Some might be.

Burning Organ on
  • Options
    AbracadanielAbracadaniel Registered User regular
    edited November 2009
    I just used my awesome shotgun on the final boss. 85x12 damage per individual hit, and the spread on it was so wide I was doing somewhere around 1k per round, at 12 rounds to a drum/clip. Oh and it did explosive damage, too. The boss fight might be a little more interesting with more folks.

Abracadaniel on
  • Options
    edited November 2009
    hmm... oh well. I'mma go grab something to eat, then continue to play. I have to grab some booze for a guy.

So apparently, I'm now B&D Deliveries.

EDIT:
    upon inspection of google, I find that this is only a local business. They deliver boozes and other things directly to your home, after you order by phone and credit card (or something).

Caulk Bite 6 on
    jnij103vqi2i.png
  • Options
    edited November 2009
    I have yet to find a better shotgun than the lucky one I got back in the Arid (whatever): 60x12 damage

best I've seen since is a 60x9 that I just sold.

Caulk Bite 6 on
    jnij103vqi2i.png
  • Options
    edited November 2009
    Endboss got me into last stand about three times.

I don't know what I did, I just shot blindly and got second wind that way.

Burning Organ on
  • Options
    edited November 2009
    probably managed to shoot one of it's throbby tentacle arms, each of those counts as an individual 'enemy'

Abracadaniel on
  • Options
    edited November 2009
    Transfusion grenades really helped me out.

Burning Organ on
  • Options
    edited November 2009
    the whole ending felt really really rushed and rather disappointing

but it sure is fun running around blasting dudes in the face so the game is alright

That last section with the approach to the vault reminded me of the snowy levels from Halo.

Abracadaniel on
  • Options
    edited November 2009
    Smart Hero wrote: »
    but it sure is fun running around blasting dudes in the face so the game is alright

I am the worst sniper, sometimes.

But it's just so much fun to run in and shotgun a dude's head off, thus activating my enhanced regen, and heading off to the next victim.

Caulk Bite 6 on
    jnij103vqi2i.png
  • Options
    AlpineAlpine Registered User regular
    edited November 2009
    I don't know what I'm doing wrong with the endboss

Maybe I should just level up and put some points in to having my turret heal me

Alpine on
  • Options
    edited November 2009
    Alpine wrote: »
    I don't know what I'm doing wrong with the endboss

Maybe I should just level up and put some points in to having my turret heal me

You shoot at it.

And dodge all the flying shit as well.

Try staying in cover.

Burning Organ on
  • Options
    edited November 2009
    I was. . .34, I think when I finished, and killing the endboss bumped me to 35. Just keep moving to evade the flying spine things and shoot his tentacles too, not just his giant glowing eye, even if it goes against everything classic gaming has taught you.

Abracadaniel on
  • Options
    edited November 2009
    I was 36.

The run to the last boss bumped me up like 4 levels (I had to quit at one point when I was just about to start fighting the boss though)

Burning Organ on
  • Options
    OrikaeshigitaeOrikaeshigitae Registered User, ClubPA regular
    edited November 2009
    i cleaned up Mordecai' skill tree into this

shit is cash money

doin 5k damage with my two-shot revolver regularly on criticals, and i regen health faster than i get damaged

Orikaeshigitae on
  • Options
    edited November 2009
    I do like much of the voice work in this, like this nugget:

"Apparently the Vault is real? If it is, what'd they put in the damn thing? Gold? Hot chicks?

Monkeys?"

Caulk Bite 6 on
    jnij103vqi2i.png
  • Options
    redheadredhead Registered User regular
    edited November 2009
    the only truly terrible part of this game is the fact gearbox obviously genuinely believed those little robots were hilarious

redhead on
  • Options
    MetacortexMetacortex The Prettiest Zombie Coeur d'CoeursRegistered User regular
    edited November 2009
    While I do tire of hearing about them dancing, I love when they're punching keys on a keypad and they use their voice to do the beeps and boops.

Metacortex on
    4FNao2T.png
  • Options
    edited November 2009
    redhead wrote: »
    the only truly terrible part of this game is the fact gearbox obviously genuinely believed those little robots were hilarious

but they are hilarious.

Ipso facto, you have terrible opinions.

Caulk Bite 6 on
    jnij103vqi2i.png
  • Options
    DarmakDarmak RAGE vympyvvhyc vyctyvyRegistered User regular
    edited November 2009

but they are hilarious.

Darmak on
    JtgVX0H.png
  • Options
    edited November 2009
    i cleaned up Mordecai' skill tree into this

shit is cash money

doin 5k damage with my two-shot revolver regularly on criticals, and i regen health faster than i get damaged

Pretty much the same layout I've got, only dropping the points into Sniper Critical Damage % instead of increased magazines.

Abracadaniel on
  • Options
    OrikaeshigitaeOrikaeshigitae Registered User, ClubPA regular
    edited November 2009
    I do like much of the voice work in this, like this nugget:

"Apparently the Vault is real? If it is, what'd they put in the damn thing? Gold? Hot chicks?

Monkeys?"
    Tediore! Now with 400% more awesome!

Orikaeshigitae on
  • Options
    BYToadyBYToady Registered User regular
    edited November 2009
    Scooter is the best character.

BYToady on
    Battletag BYToady#1454
  • Options
    Synthetic OrangeSynthetic Orange Registered User regular
    edited November 2009
    Orikae invited me to play with him and Melding. They were 40. My highest guy was 28.

It turned into me hiding in the car and hoping it wouldnt blow up most of the time. Then level 40 bandits blew me the fuck up and spawncamped me at the town. It was the best worst multiplayer game ever.

Much later I beat the end boss by leaping behind a large chunk of rubble and shooting at a tentacle with a shotgun until it died, about 10 minutes later.

Synthetic Orange on
  • Options
    edited November 2009

but they are hilarious.

I'm DANCIN! I'M DANCIN!
    I'm DANCIN! I'M DANCIN!
    I'm DANCIN! I'M DANCIN!
    I'm DANCIN! I'M DANCIN!
    I'm DANCIN! I'M DANCIN!
    I'm DANCIN! I'M DANCIN!
    I'm DANCIN! I'M DANCIN!
    I'm DANCIN! I'M DANCIN!
    I'm DANCIN! I'M DANCIN!
    I'm DANCIN! I'M DANCIN!

Synthetic Orange on
  • Options
    edited November 2009
    To kill the end boss 60% of the time, everytime.
    Duck behind one of the two tall pillars, shoot the big purple bulge in each of the tentacles to get them to go away and stop launching those spines at you. Shoot him in the big blue eye in the center. Duck behind the pillars when the two tentacles on the ground raise up and slam the ground. Duck behind cover when the blue eye in the center turns purple and fires a laser at you. Congratulations, remember to pick up your shit after the cinematic.

BYToady on
    Battletag BYToady#1454
  • Options
    edited November 2009
    how I killed it:
    Run around like a madman shooting at the purple blobs until it spawns the gigantic tentacles.

Rush off to the right of it, there should be a large L shaped chunk of ruins you can hop up on and crouch behind. Nothing the boss shoots at you will touch you. Hold down button while pointing at the exposed bit of tentacle.

Not included: Me dying a few dozen times before figuring this out.

Synthetic Orange on
  • Options
    edited November 2009
    Also, you could play a real class and berserk punch the fucker to death.

BYToady on
    Battletag BYToady#1454
  • Options
    edited November 2009
    A few disappoitments with the ending:
    That was one halfassed ending.

I was really looking forward to turning Steele into a dirty stain.

Synthetic Orange on
  • Options
    edited November 2009
    I wonder if anything different would happen if I just fast traveled away after it starts.

BYToady on
    Battletag BYToady#1454
  • Options
    edited November 2009

but they are hilarious.

whoa, there are people who like those things

that at least makes the whole thing a little less sad

redhead on
  • Options
    CrashmoCrashmo Registered User regular
    edited November 2009
    I really need to pay attention to the quests on my next playthrough, all I gathered from this run was

endplot spoilers
    Every 200 years the "vault" opens, but apparently the vault is just a portal to monster vagina world!?

Crashmo on
    polar-bearsig.jpg
  • Options
    CrashmoCrashmo Registered User regular
    edited November 2009
    Metacortex wrote: »
    While I do tire of hearing about them dancing, I love when they're punching keys on a keypad and they use their voice to do the beeps and boops.

This really is the only funny thing they do

Crashmo on
    polar-bearsig.jpg
  • Options
    autono-wally, erotibot300autono-wally, erotibot300 love machine Registered User regular
    edited November 2009
    Liking this gun for level 13
    itemcard00001f.png
    I need to level faster :D
    edit: the damage is x2

the bullets come out in some sort of tornado fashion.. is that a unique boss drop?

autono-wally, erotibot300 on
    kFJhXwE.jpgkFJhXwE.jpg
  • Options
    edited November 2009
    Crashmo wrote: »
    I really need to pay attention to the quests on my next playthrough, all I gathered from this run was

endplot spoilers
    Every 200 years the "vault" opens, but apparently the vault is just a portal to monster vagina world!?

it's not your fault

the plot and writing are just terrible

redhead on
  • Options
    autono-wally, erotibot300autono-wally, erotibot300 love machine Registered User regular
    edited November 2009
    Sniping is pretty fun in this game. I think it's the combination of crits, your char laughing, the head exploding and the body catching on fire

autono-wally, erotibot300 on
    kFJhXwE.jpgkFJhXwE.jpg