As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[Champions Online] Give us an e-mail address when asking for the good trial.

• Options
    SkyCaptainSkyCaptain IndianaRegistered User regular
    edited November 2009
    Mobius wrote: »
    I have to say I love the new Celestial power set. It is the first time I've ever felt awesome playing a healer before and and it is very active and fun, especially in PvP. When I started playing CO I never thought I'd build a character around a support set and run around in the support stance 100% of the time but now I would not trade it for anything in the game.

They need to alter or allow you to choose a different animation for the celestial energy builder. It's horrendous.

SkyCaptain on
    The RPG Bestiary - Dangerous foes and legendary monsters for D&D 4th Edition
  • Options
    BlueDestinyBlueDestiny Registered User regular
    edited November 2009
    SkyCaptain wrote: »
    I have to say I love the new Celestial power set. It is the first time I've ever felt awesome playing a healer before and and it is very active and fun, especially in PvP. When I started playing CO I never thought I'd build a character around a support set and run around in the support stance 100% of the time but now I would not trade it for anything in the game.

They need to alter or allow you to choose a different animation for the celestial energy builder. It's horrendous.

COOOOOOOOSMIC WINDMILLS!

BlueDestiny on
  • Options
    MobiusMobius Registered User regular
    edited November 2009

I don't mind it but I can see how it would bother a lot of people. Conduit though has the best animation in the game though!

Mobius on
  • Options
    PikaPuffPikaPuff Registered User regular
    edited November 2009
    Man, that celestial EB is perfect for my character Hula Girl. PERFECT.

PikaPuff on
    jCyyTSo.png
  • Options
    ArchArch Neat-o, mosquito! Registered User regular
    edited November 2009
    anyone have some vids of the celestial powers?

and can you color them?

Arch on
  • Options
    ArchArch Neat-o, mosquito! Registered User regular
    edited November 2009
    just found one-never mind

god the energy builder's animation IS terribad

Arch on
  • Options
    edited November 2009
    it is awesome you shut up. also there's no line so you can't tell who's hitting you

PikaPuff on
    jCyyTSo.png
  • Options
    EnigEnig a.k.a. Ansatz Registered User regular
    edited November 2009
    I don't mind the EB animation. I thought it kind of made sense considering how the attack/heal is more of a "conjure" than a "blast".

Enig on
    ibpFhR6PdsPw80.png
    Steam (Ansatz) || GW2 officer (Ansatz.6498)
  • Options
    edited November 2009
    PikaPuff wrote: »
    it is awesome you shut up. also there's no line so you can't tell who's hitting you

That's why I said choose an animation. It shouldn't be terribly difficult to use the celestial fx with the other ranged eb animations. The difficult part would be changing the GUI to allow that change.

SkyCaptain on
  • Options
    ShawnaseeShawnasee Registered User regular
    edited November 2009
    I would kill for being able to choose animations for powers! Did you hear me? Kill!

So, has anyone done any research into taking two innate passives? Like Telepathic and Thermal Reverb?

Having Tele Reverb, Ego Storm with the adv, gives me back energy, enough where I can throw the Ego Storm out and then do a full maintain on Gatlin Gun.

Now my fire guy has Ego Storm, but already has Thermal Reverb and I wanted to put the Tele Reverb on him which would allow me to put two AoE's out simultaneously, in addition to a fuck awesome hold.

Is that a waste of a power slot?

Therm is too far down my tree to respec out of it right now.

Shawnasee on
  • Options
    edited November 2009
    they'd work. i don't see why there would be a problem. I haven't tested it myself.

PikaPuff on
    jCyyTSo.png
  • Options
    wolfgangpgwolfgangpg Registered User regular
    edited November 2009
    Was there a patch today or only for Test Server? (note, I am at work and cannot check).

wolfgangpg on
  • Options
    bootzillabootzilla Registered User regular
    edited November 2009
    They ended the Bloodmoon event...well, most of it anyways, you'll still hear the howling of the wolves.

bootzilla on
  • Options
    edited November 2009
    2 forum pages of bug fixes and people are bitching. These people need perspective.

Shawnasee on
  • Options
    edited November 2009
    Shawnasee wrote: »
    2 forum pages of bug fixes and people are bitching. These people need perspective.

Have you played an mmo before? Humanity in general isn't happy unless they're miserable about something.

SkyCaptain on
  • Options
    wolfgangpgwolfgangpg Registered User regular
    edited November 2009
    Shawnasee wrote: »

Have you played an mmo before? Humanity in general isn't happy unless they're miserable about something.

Yup. It is painful to read comments on sites like massively.com or mmorpg.com -- it is like the people who go to these sites hate MMOs. Any post about Champions, Aion, WoW, etc... is meet with people who have snarky comments about how the game sucks, in Champions case how much Bill Roper sucks, or something just generally negative.

But yeah, last night I saw the 11/5/2009 PTS patch notes thread -- people complaining to complain. Not enough power fixes or whatever they wanted, then if they did too many power fixes people would complain that they changed the game, blah blah blah

wolfgangpg on
  • Options
    edited November 2009
    Yes, Sky, I have. Doesn't mean I now have a suit of immunity to mmo whiners.

Ok, so, I need the cheesiest build out there. What do you guys got?
    PVP or PVE...or both.

Shawnasee on
  • Options
    edited November 2009
    pve is chainsaw + force sheath

pvp 10-20 is STC

pvp 21-30 is shadow embrace or fireball + heatwave

31-40 is ???

PikaPuff on
    jCyyTSo.png
  • Options
    IncenjucarIncenjucar VChatter Seattle, WARegistered User regular
    edited November 2009
    31-40 is KB into Lava

But actually at the moment STC is the deciding factor in 21-30 too. A lot of people currently at that level don't know about it and thus get their asses kicked by it. It is very obnoxious.

But really for the most cheese you want to do the debuff/buff stack beam attack combo.

Incenjucar on
  • Options
    edited November 2009
    STC?

Anyone have access to Champ Builder to give me a quick rundown on superstats, adv and such?

Shawnasee on
  • Options
    AkinosAkinos Registered User regular
    edited November 2009
    Hooray Champedia!

http://www.massively.com/2009/11/11/champedia-launches-for-champions-online/

http://www.champions-online.com/database

STC is Swallow Tail Cut, advantage on Scything Blade.

Closest I can link is to the single blade tree, but you can click on Scything Blade and see the advantages.

http://www.champions-online.com/database/powers?search=&tree=Single+Blade&tier=&submit.x=27&submit.y=25

Akinos on
  • Options
    edited November 2009
    STC.

A single clickie hit that does 55% damage to anyone and everyone no matter their HP.

AKA "how to get Incenjucar to stalk you with Smoke Grenade the entire PVP match and every match he sees you forever"

Incenjucar on
  • Options
    edited November 2009
    yeah and with MR fixed i guess it's harder to heal through it. but the celestial has a 15CD that can heal bleeds. so uh whatever.

yeah STC is great in 21-30 too but not the the the best at that level.

STC is swallow tail cut, a adv from single blad skill ... uh.. reaper caress? i dunno.

31-40 lava temple pvp is KT not KB. knock towards.

PikaPuff on
    jCyyTSo.png
  • Options
    edited November 2009
    Oh god iron lariat spam flashbacks.

Incenjucar on
  • Options
    Fartacus_the_MightyFartacus_the_Mighty Brought to you by the letter A.Registered User regular
    edited November 2009
    Incenjucar wrote: »
    STC.

A single clickie hit that does 55% damage to anyone and everyone no matter their HP.

AKA "how to get Incenjucar to stalk you with Smoke Grenade the entire PVP match and every match he sees you forever"

Don't forget it also ignores all damage reduction and resistances. Heals/regen/shield is the only way to avoid death.

Also, Smoke Grenade is bullshit. Some guy with it was locking down my entire team in an apoc match. So, I took one for the team and made it my responsibility to keep him KB-locked in a corner for the 10 minutes it took to finish the match.

Fartacus_the_Mighty on
  • Options
    XaboraXabora Registered User regular
    edited November 2009
    Akinos wrote: »
    Hooray Champedia!

http://www.massively.com/2009/11/11/champedia-launches-for-champions-online/

http://www.champions-online.com/database

STC is Swallow Tail Cut, advantage on Scything Blade.

Closest I can link is to the single blade tree, but you can click on Scything Blade and see the advantages.

http://www.champions-online.com/database/powers?search=&tree=Single+Blade&tier=&submit.x=27&submit.y=25

That *is* awesome. :o

Xabora on
  • Options
    edited November 2009
    Don't forget it also ignores all damage reduction and resistances. Heals/regen/shield is the only way to avoid death.

Also, Smoke Grenade is bullshit. Some guy with it was locking down my entire team in an apoc match. So, I took one for the team and made it my responsibility to keep him KB-locked in a corner for the 10 minutes it took to finish the match.

I cannot wait to get my Smoke Grenadier to level 31. <3

Incenjucar on
  • Options
    edited November 2009
    If you want to really screw people over then take Haymaker with the advantage that removes a HoT and debuffs healing by 50%. I'm pretty sure you don't have to charge it for it to trigger.

BlueDestiny on
  • Options
    Fartacus_the_MightyFartacus_the_Mighty Brought to you by the letter A.Registered User regular
    edited November 2009

I cannot wait to get my Smoke Grenadier to level 31. <3

SG is pretty awesome, but I save it to fight cheese with cheese. Like I did with MR (which SG replaced), and still do with Lash/Meteor Hammer.

Regarding Haymaker/Nullifying Punch, yes. I do my best to fit this on every character I make if I'm planning on doing any pvp at all. It doesn't hurt that it's a Falcon Punch, either. Oh, neat trick with haymaker: the advantage effect will sometimes stack with itself. Tap-spam it and even that asshole with CoPD, Regen, and Arcane Vit will die quickly.

Fartacus_the_Mighty on
  • Options
    edited November 2009
    Yeah, I tend to relax on the SG when I'm not dealing with absurd abilities. Mostly I like to use SE to drag people into my Arcane Runes and turret fire.

Fun as heck to snag someone with Invuln who thinks SE and its meager damage is just annoying only to have them get hit by a bunch of damage spikes while I drag'em.

For the most part I really enjoy popping out of the ground and then face-planting people rather than kiting them.

Incenjucar on
  • Options
    edited November 2009
    Yeah, I tend to relax on the SG when I'm not dealing with absurd abilities. Mostly I like to use SE to drag people into my Arcane Runes and turret fire.

Fun as heck to snag someone with Invuln who thinks SE and its meager damage is just annoying only to have them get hit by a bunch of damage spikes while I drag'em.

For the most part I really enjoy popping out of the ground and then face-planting people rather than kiting them.

Mind posting your build? I'm curious on how to do well in PvP in this since every hero I've made is either instagibbed or chainknockdowned and focus fired.

BlueDestiny on
  • Options
    edited November 2009

Mind posting your build? I'm curious on how to do well in PvP in this since every hero I've made is either instagibbed or chainknockdowned and focus fired.

In roughly the order I picked them

Shadow Bolt
    Shadow Embrace (Advantaged)
    Tunneling (Advantaged)
    Grasping Shadows
    Arcane Runes (Tier 3)
    Regeneration (Tier 3)
    Force Shield
    Sonic Device
    Smoke Grenade (Advantaged)
    Gun Drones (or whatever the turret robots are called)
    Force Cascade (Tier 3)
    Flashfire

All with Int/End for stats, but with crappy gear. Unless I'm dealing with a seriously imbalanced team, I generally get at least half the kill count for my team, and have gotten as high as 14, in UTC. I'll eventually pick up a flight power I think, since I spend a great deal of time using Anti-Gravity Boots. I very rarely get killed, and it's pretty much always STC.

I generally use tunneling to get around (and I get stacks of a temporary defense bonus doing so), keeping my Turret robots up around corners as a distraction, then pop up under people and drop arcane runes on them, and drag them into it using Shadow Embrace. Just got Flashfire, and obviously I just tap that when it's up. Smoke Grenade and Force Cascade I use mostly to deal with ranged attackers and STC-users who otherwise won't get near my rune trap. Also useful against healers and teleporters who I can't kill, but who I need to get away from combat for awhile so we can focus fire on someone else. Sonic Device is basically a filler.

I get people PMing me and such about it occasionally, and had someone teaming with -just me- last night for the constant wins.

It's a really fun build for frustrating your opponents without getting into a bunch of broken powers.

Incenjucar on
  • Options
    edited November 2009
    Dang, looks like you've got this worked out to a tee. With my (current) main being mostly Might PvP is a joke. I can utterly destroy soft(read: AFK) targets with haymaker spam though, usually the problem is getting a good spot to Mighty Leap root them.

On a side note, I can't wait until I can get iron lariat. Sending a mook flying 30 feet and yo-yoing them right back is hilarious.

BlueDestiny on
  • Options
    edited November 2009
    My general response to Haymakers is "Why did you send me across the map where I am now safe?"

Incenjucar on
  • Options
    FoefallerFoefaller Registered User regular
    edited November 2009
    My general response to Haymakers is "Why did you send me across the map where I am now safe?"

those would be the silly stupid people who charge haymaker, rather than tap it so it does the debuff yet does little to no knockback.

Foefaller on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    edited November 2009
    I hit them so hard they die from the fall damage. Also with retaliation and rank 3 haymaker I can hit for about 1.5k at level 17. This is all against mobs though, players aren't brain dead enough to let me set it up :(.

Speaking of knockarounds I'm honestly curious as to what Tractor Beam is for. It's in tier 3 for some reason, and yet all it is is a maintained pull. With an advantage that does about one energy builder hit and sends them flying away from you. What are you even supposed to use it for?

BlueDestiny on
  • Options
    AccualtAccualt Registered User regular
    edited November 2009
    I was dicking around with reconning a guy into a Might build earlier. It seems like it will be fun as hell but all that KB is going to get me into a world of trouble, isn't it?

Accualt on
  • Options
    edited November 2009
    Nobody is going to die from falling damage unless you use Toxic Nanites on your Haymaker.

Incenjucar on
  • Options
    edited November 2009
    Accualt wrote: »
    I was dicking around with reconning a guy into a Might build earlier. It seems like it will be fun as hell but all that KB is going to get me into a world of trouble, isn't it?

It hasn't really been a problem for me, but then again I basically only use the builder, haymaker, and mighty leap+passives. You can tap haymaker for pretty good burst without sending them flying.

EDIT: Are sorcery circles improved by a high Presence?

BlueDestiny on
  • Options
    MiSTieOtakuMiSTieOtaku Registered User regular
    edited November 2009
    I don't suppose anyone is in possession of any sort of trial codes they can offer to people wanting to play? I was in the beta, but I want to get a look at the finished version and what's changed since then before I decide whether or not to buy. I missed the Blood Moon thing and I couldn't find any information about a free trial yet, so this is the only option left, if it exists.

MiSTieOtaku on
This discussion has been closed.