As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Help Me Like DC Comics

wwtMaskwwtMask Registered User regular
edited January 2007 in Graphic Violence
Back in the day, as I prepared to take the plunge into comic books, I stood at a crossroads. On one hand was Superman and DC Comics; on the other stood Spider-Man and Marvel. At the time, influenced by popular culture, I thought that Superman was way too perfect and kinda corny. Spidey, though, was funny and had spider powers but wasn't overpowered and perfect. Thus, I chose Spider-Man and from then until I fell out of the hobby, I was a Marvel loyalist.

Now, a good ten years later, I've grown up and actually gotten the funds to read comics from DC without cutting into my Marvel reading. Thus, I'm now attempting to become more familiar with the DCU and, dare I say, become a fan of DC Comics. I need your help, though, in finding the best comics that'll get me not only knowledgeable about DC, but will also get me interested in other characters that aren't the Big Three. What are some of the great stories I should be reading? Are there any particular characters that I should be looking into?

As a point of reference, I'm already a fan of Batman, just not all that knowledgeable. I have read Dark Knight Returns, The Long Halloween, and am starting on Kingdom Come. I also currently buy Trials of Shazam, Wonder Woman, Justice League of America, and Justice Society of America. I've flipped through the current Action Comics and it seems fairly interesting.

TL;DR - I'm a Marvel fanboy that wants to get into DC beyond the Big Three. Suggest some stuff to me.

When he dies, I hope they write "Worst Affirmative Action Hire, EVER" on his grave. His corpse should be trolled.
Twitter - @liberaltruths | Google+ - http://gplus.to/wwtMask | Occupy Tallahassee
wwtMask on

• Options
    Garlic BreadGarlic Bread i'm a bitch i'm a bitch i'm a bitch i'm a Registered User, Disagreeable regular
    edited January 2007
    Manhunter
    Robin
    Teen Titans
    Birds of Prey
    All-New Atom
    The Spirit
    All-Star Superman

Garlic Bread on
  • Options
    übergeekübergeek Sector 2814Registered User regular
    edited January 2007
    wwtMask wrote:
    Back in the day, as I prepared to take the plunge into comic books, I stood at a crossroads. On one hand was Superman and DC Comics; on the other stood Spider-Man and Marvel. At the time, influenced by popular culture, I thought that Superman was way too perfect and kinda corny. Spidey, though, was funny and had spider powers but wasn't overpowered and perfect. Thus, I chose Spider-Man and from then until I fell out of the hobby, I was a Marvel loyalist.

Now, a good ten years later, I've grown up and actually gotten the funds to read comics from DC without cutting into my Marvel reading. Thus, I'm now attempting to become more familiar with the DCU and, dare I say, become a fan of DC Comics. I need your help, though, in finding the best comics that'll get me not only knowledgeable about DC, but will also get me interested in other characters that aren't the Big Three. What are some of the great stories I should be reading? Are there any particular characters that I should be looking into?

As a point of reference, I'm already a fan of Batman, just not all that knowledgeable. I have read Dark Knight Returns, The Long Halloween, and am starting on Kingdom Come. I also currently buy Trials of Shazam, Wonder Woman, Justice League of America, and Justice Society of America. I've flipped through the current Action Comics and it seems fairly interesting.

TL;DR - I'm a Marvel fanboy that wants to get into DC beyond the Big Three. Suggest some stuff to me.

Green Lantern Stuff - There's Green Lantern v4, Green Lantern Corps, Ion - Guardian of The Universe, and the recently released 2 part Guy Gardner - Collateral Damage.

GL v4 started out slow and is pretty good, GLC is win and awesome from the start, Ion started out boring and got really interesting, and Guy being a diplomat is entertaining and hilarious with G'nort at his side.

Also, 52 may turn out to be great, or totally suck depending on the big ending.

übergeek on
    camo_sig.png
  • Options
    Bad KarmaBad Karma Registered User regular
    edited January 2007
    Uncle Sam and the Freedom Fighters
    Supergirl and the Legion of Superheroes
    Justice Society of America
    Justice League of America
    Jonah Hex
    Blue Beetle
    All New Atom
    Green Arrow
    Mystery in Space
    Tales of the Unexpected
    Nightwing
    JSA Classified
    Aquaman: Sword of Atlantis
    Conner Hawke: Dragons Blood
    Birds of Prey
    Justice
    Flash
    Shadowpact
    Teen Titans
    Catwoman
    Checkmate
    Robin
    Martian Manhunter
    Secret Six
    Omega Men
    Green Lantern
    Ion
    GLC Corps
    The Spirit
    All-Star Superman
    All-Star Batman and Robin (coks diks olol)
    Outsiders

Thats my monthly pull list, sans the "big three" books. Pick and choose.

Bad Karma on
    Xbox Live: Ornery Rooster
    PSN: OrneryRooster
  • Options
    HardtargetHardtarget There Are Four Lights VancouverRegistered User regular
    edited January 2007
    I have always felt that DC > Marvel. I just think they have a far richer universe.

If you really want to get into DC I suggest you don't necessarily get a bunch of comics right away, but instead buy a couple of the Batman DVD sets.

Batman The Animated Series completed hooked me on the DC universe when I was younger back in 91/92. This is a show that any adult can enjoy, it's dark, funny, clever, and really shows off Batman's universe.

From there you branch out into Superman The Animated Series. Again done by the same people, really good show, show's a good side of superman. From there you get to Batman Beyond, then Justice League, than Justice League Unlimited. All done by the same people.

If you'd rather read some good graphic novels (and why wouldn't you) than there are a few that have really grabbed me throughout the years. I'm only going to suggest done completed series that you can buy in novel form, so that you can just go back and have a good time reading. You can figure out monthly stuff afterwards.

Batman The Long Halloween
    Batman Year One
    Superman For all Seasons
    Superman Birthright
    Kingdom Come
    New Frontier (sooo good)

Ok I just reread your first post and noticed you've already read The Long Halloween and own Kingdome Come. I suggest the sequel to the long halloween entitled Batman Dark Victory. It's excellent, done by the same guys.

For the most part I really like elseworlds stories, books that are self-contained and tell really interesting stories a couple good examples are -

Superman Red Son
    Batman Gotham by Gaslight

hmm I'm giving too much superman/batman stuff. Justice League has some great stuff as well -

Justice League The Nail / Another Nail
    Justice League Tower of Babel

Lots of other stuff too, when I get home tonight I can think of other DC stuff I love.

Edit -

and I absolutely ADORE Vertigo.

I highly highly recommend both Y: The Last Man and Fables.

Hardtarget on
    steam_sig.png
    kHDRsTc.png
  • Options
    deadonthestreetdeadonthestreet Registered User regular
    edited January 2007
    I'm also much more of a Marvel fan. I find most Superman stuff to be solid but not great, and I've never liked Batman much.

I really like Green Arrow, though. The book itself may not be the best, but he is one of the best characters around. So yeah, look into that.

Ion is also a pretty rad book. It can open you up into the realm of Green Lantern as a whole, as well.

Justice Society probably won't do much for you unless you already love the characters.

So, yeah, stick to the "green" stuff to start.

deadonthestreet on
  • Options
    JordynJordyn Really, Commander? Probing Uranus. Registered User regular
    edited January 2007
    He's already a Batman fan though. I'd say jump right into Justice League and see which other characters you find interesting from there.

My DC pull list seems to shrink every week. Right now we're still getting Batman and Detective Comics. 'Tec is really fuckawesome right now with Paul Dini writing it. We also get Green Lantern Corps which I got interested in because I always enjoyed Kilowog on the cartoons. We've stopped getting 52, stopped getting Martian Manhunter, we're waiting for the next writer to take over Flash, we're done with JLofA for the moment at least. We still get JLA: Classified, Superman/Batman, and a few others that aren't springing to mind right now.

Jordyn on
    thumbsupguy-1.jpg
    JordynNolz.com <- All my blogs (Shepard, Wasted, J'onn, DCAU) are here now!
  • Options
    ServoServo Registered User, ClubPA regular
    edited January 2007
    STARMAN

Servo on
    newsigs.jpg
  • Options
    hughtronhughtron __BANNED USERS regular
    edited January 2007
    Most of Grant Morrison's DC output has been absolutely stellar. A particular highlight for me is All-Star Superman, which manages to blend modern comics with the very best parts of silver-age whimsy. If I had to only ever read one super-hero comic for the rest of my life (and at this point I'm very close) it would be this one.

Also check out Seven Soldiers, which was Morrison's re-imagining of a bunch of old and abandoned DC properties, into an epic sprawling 30-part crossover. Much more accessable than Infinite Crisis and much more rewarding too. Ten years from now IC will be a footnote and 7S will be a classic.

Anything by Darwyn Cooke is worth tracking down. He's got an absolutely gorgeous 50s aesthetic to his work. He's pretty much unique among cartoonists working for the Big Two. Batman: Ego is a beautiful one-shot exploring Batman's psyche. New Frontier is Cooke's love-letter to the dawn of the silver age, and details the days after the close of the Golden Age and just before the dawn of the Justice League and the Silver Age. It recently came out in a fabulous Absolute edition. Additionally, Cooke and Ed Brubaker bascially reinvented Catwomen a few years ago, and though I've not read it myself, thier run is supposed to be really good.

I don't read much superheroes anymore, but those are the particular standouts for me.

hughtron on
    minisy3.gif
  • Options
    Mai-KeroMai-Kero Registered User regular
    edited January 2007
    hughtron wrote:
    Most of Grant Morrison's DC output has been absolutely stellar. A particular highlight for me is All-Star Superman, which manages to blend modern comics with the very best parts of silver-age whimsy. If I had to only ever read one super-hero comic for the rest of my life (and at this point I'm very close) it would be this one.

Also check out Seven Soldiers, which was Morrison's re-imagining of a bunch of old and abandoned DC properties, into an epic sprawling 30-part crossover. Much more accessable than Infinite Crisis and much more rewarding too. Ten years from now IC will be a footnote and 7S will be a classic.

Anything by Darwyn Cooke is worth tracking down. He's got an absolutely gorgeous 50s aesthetic to his work. He's pretty much unique among cartoonists working for the Big Two. Batman: Ego is a beautiful one-shot exploring Batman's psyche. New Frontier is Cooke's love-letter to the dawn of the silver age, and details the days after the close of the Golden Age and just before the dawn of the Justice League and the Silver Age. It recently came out in a fabulous Absolute edition. Additionally, Cooke and Ed Brubaker bascially reinvented Catwomen a few years ago, and though I've not read it myself, thier run is supposed to be really good.

I don't read much superheroes anymore, but those are the particular standouts for me.

Didn't Darwyn Cooke also do an issue of Solo with a Question story in it?

If that was him, holy crap. It was the best thing ever. "Come tomorrow, there will be no question."

Mai-Kero on
  • Options
    edited January 2007
    Jordyn wrote:
    He's already a Batman fan though. I'd say jump right into Justice League and see which other characters you find interesting from there.

My DC pull list seems to shrink every week. Right now we're still getting Batman and Detective Comics. 'Tec is really fuckawesome right now with Paul Dini writing it. We also get Green Lantern Corps which I got interested in because I always enjoyed Kilowog on the cartoons. We've stopped getting 52, stopped getting Martian Manhunter, we're waiting for the next writer to take over Flash, we're done with JLofA for the moment at least. We still get JLA: Classified, Superman/Batman, and a few others that aren't springing to mind right now.

You should try out JSofA and JSA Classified.

Bad Karma on
  • Options
    edited January 2007
    yeah, that was him

edit- mai-kero

Servo on
    newsigs.jpg
  • Options
    TehChowdTehChowd Registered User regular
    edited January 2007
    -All-Star Superman is a spicey little time, but I don't think there are any trades out yet, so you'll have to hunt down the back issues.

-There is a trade out now called "The Collected Stories of Alan Moore" or something like that. It should have three shorter stories he wrote called "Whatever happend to the Man of Tomorrow?" (Superman),"The Killing Joke" (Batman/Joker), and "For the Man Who Has Everything" (Superman) inside it. There are some other stories in the collection too, but those three are particularly worthwhile.

-"Superman For All Seasons" is possibly slightly overrated in quality, but it's still a really good read.

-If you're into the whole wayback-machine thing, the death/rebirth of Superman and Batman's Knightfall/Knight's end arcs are kind of fun.

-Superman: Red Son is pretty rad.

-"New Frontier" is pretty top notch. Imho it has some really great art, a cool story, and doesn't focus on Batman/supes/ww so much.

-If you have some dispossable income, and at least don't hate cartoons, I'd really recomend picking up Seasons 1 and 2 of the Justice league cartoon, as well as the first season of Justice League Unlimited. It's definately the best superhero cartoon ever made, and in JL:U deals with a lot of less popular characters, so that might help out your exploration of the DC universe. Plus, you know, awesome fight scenes.

-This is kind of tangental to your question, but DC actually publishes a sub-division of books under it's Vertigo comics line. Some of these comics take place in the standard DCU, others do not. Regardless, many of the comics printed under the Vertigo line have had some of the best stories ever told in the medium. If you haven't read "Preacher" or "Y: the Last Man." you are seriously doing yourself a diservice. Also, I'm not sure if "The Watchmen" falls under the Vertigo umbrella or not, but if you haven't read it, you need to. Right now.

edit: Jesus, I'm a slow poster. When I started typing this, the message had no replies. Also, I'm an ass for forgeting that Fables was under the Vertigo line.

TehChowd on
  • Options
    edited January 2007
    I knew you guys would come through for me. :^:

I forgot to mention that I picked up Superman Birthright today. I also own (because they are my wife's) all of the Y:The Last Man trades but haven't started reading them. I've also seen quite a bit of Batman:TAS and Batman Beyond.

I'm thinking that I'll give Green Lantern, Nightwing, and possibly Birds of Prey a chance whenever the books start their next story arc. I'm intrigued by Seven Soldiers but I can't ever find it at the store.

I know you guys have mentioned a few names, but could you list some of the writers for DC that you consider to be among the best and some of their books that I shouldn't miss? I'm mainly talking about trades, but current ongoings are fine too.

wwtMask on
    When he dies, I hope they write "Worst Affirmative Action Hire, EVER" on his grave. His corpse should be trolled.
    Twitter - @liberaltruths | Google+ - http://gplus.to/wwtMask | Occupy Tallahassee
  • Options
    BlackjackBlackjack Registered User regular
    edited January 2007
    Once you become a fan of the DC Universe, the next step is to become disillusioned with it.

This is best done by reading the 73 issue run of Batgirl, followed immediately by Robin OYL.

Seriously, though, read Batgirl. It is awesome.

Blackjack on
    camo_sig2.png

3DS: 1607-3034-6970
  • Options
    edited January 2007
    wwtMask wrote:
    I knew you guys would come through for me. :^:

I forgot to mention that I picked up Superman Birthright today. I also own (because they are my wife's) all of the Y:The Last Man trades but haven't started reading them. I've also seen quite a bit of Batman:TAS and Batman Beyond.

I'm thinking that I'll give Green Lantern, Nightwing, and possibly Birds of Prey a chance whenever the books start their next story arc. I'm intrigued by Seven Soldiers but I can't ever find it at the store.

I know you guys have mentioned a few names, but could you list some of the writers for DC that you consider to be among the best and some of their books that I shouldn't miss? I'm mainly talking about trades, but current ongoings are fine too.

james robinson doing starman

Servo on
    newsigs.jpg
  • Options
    RocielRociel Registered User regular
    edited January 2007
    Blackjack wrote:
    Once you become a fan of the DC Universe, the next step is to become disillusioned with it.

This is best done by reading the 73 issue run of Batgirl, followed immediately by Robin OYL.

Seriously, though, read Batgirl. It is awesome.

Also, you may want to read Young Justice if you want a more lighthearted book (Shock Horror! A teen-superteam book that isn't angstangstangst. Unthinkable!).

Rociel on
    Too big sig. 500x80 plzkthx.
  • Options
    JordynJordyn Really, Commander? Probing Uranus. Registered User regular
    edited January 2007
    Bad Karma wrote:
    Jordyn wrote:

Isn't Johns writing the former?

Jordyn on
    thumbsupguy-1.jpg
    JordynNolz.com <- All my blogs (Shepard, Wasted, J'onn, DCAU) are here now!
  • Options
    edited January 2007
    Jordyn wrote:
    Bad Karma wrote:
    Jordyn wrote:

Isn't Johns writing the former?

Aye?

Bad Karma on
  • Options
    CharmyCharmy Registered User regular
    edited January 2007
    Pick up the first issue of Vol. II of The Flash, and don't stop reading until you get to the start of Vol. III. After that, you can stop (for now).

I also have to recommend New Frontier, because it can not be said enough. It's glorious.

The DCAU (particularly Justice League Unlimited) is a great place for seeing the characters and getting familiar with some of the more obscure parts of the universe. It's a big part of what got me reading comics again.

The trade TehChowd mentioned is called "DC Universe: The Stories of Alan Moore", and it's pretty good. In addition to the three stories he mentioned, it has some interesting Green Arrow and Green Lantern work, as well as a few more obscure comics. Definitely worth getting.

When you say you haven't read DC stuff, does that include non-DC universe stuff they've published? In particular, have you read Watchmen? If not, for the love of god, read it.

Finally, Kevin Smith's run on Green Arrow is pretty awesome, though you might want to get some grounding in the DC Universe before you read it; it references a lot of stuff you might not get otherwise.

Charmy on
    I have a twitter.
  • Options
    edited January 2007
    Charmy wrote:
    When you say you haven't read DC stuff, does that include non-DC universe stuff they've published? In particular, have you read Watchmen? If not, for the love of god, read it.

Prior to six months ago, the only DC I'd ever read was a little Batman paperback I bought at a book fair. I really liked it, so I have no clue why I never got into Batman later on.

I plan to purchase Watchmen sometime in the next couple of months.

wwtMask on
  • Options
    projectmayhemprojectmayhem Registered User regular
    edited January 2007
    Hey. You are me like 3 months ago.

Go buy:

Justice
    Batman Hush
    Batman the Dark Knight Returns (please...please get this)
    Identity Crises
    The Stories of Alan Moore
    Kingdom Come
    The new Justice League of America (only up to issue 4 right now)

projectmayhem on
  • Options
    edited January 2007
    Hey. You are me like 3 months ago.

Go buy:

Justice
    Batman Hush
    Batman the Dark Knight Returns (please...please get this)
    Identity Crises
    The Stories of Alan Moore
    Kingdom Come
    The new Justice League of America (only up to issue 4 right now)
    wwtMask wrote:

TL;DR - I'm a Marvel fanboy that wants to get into DC beyond the Big Three

Bad Karma on
  • Options
    IrohIroh Registered User regular
    edited January 2007
    I'm not sure if you are interested in the Vertigo line, but someone else mentioned it, so I'll recommend DMZ. I'm enjoying it a lot, and it's not too far along to catch up with.

PS: Keep the recommendations coming. This thread is great, beyond DMZ, I only read Marvel books right now as well.

Iroh on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    edited January 2007
    A great starting point for the DCU is just to sit down and watch some of the cartoons. Justice League is a pretty great primer on most of the characters and concepts you'll encounter, and even when some elements are changed, they still usually reflect the spirit of thier source material.

hughtron on
    minisy3.gif
  • Options
    edited January 2007
    But seriously if any of you have not read New Frontier do it asap. These duded talked me into it and oh my god wow.

Best not-X-Factor thing I read in 2006, I think.

deadonthestreet on
  • Options
    Garlic BreadGarlic Bread i'm a bitch i'm a bitch i'm a bitch i'm a Registered User, Disagreeable regular
    edited January 2007
    I like the absolute edition not because it's bigger and higher quality (although those are reasons), but because of the stuff Darwyn Cooke says about the book during the "play by play" or whatever

TALLER THAN SUPERMAN

Garlic Bread on
  • Options
    KumaKuma Registered User regular
    edited January 2007
    you owe it to yourself to hop on the JSofA ship. After that id say that Manhunter is a surefire winner, as is Green Lantern Corps and Shadowpact if you want to delve into the magic side of things.

Kuma on
    f7v9h.jpg
  • Options
    edited January 2007
    See the thing about JSofA is, I think, if you don't already have a hard-on for the characters, it probably won't do much for you.

At least, the first issue didn't do much for me.

deadonthestreet on
  • Options
    DoctorErebusDoctorErebus Registered User regular
    edited January 2007
    First of all, Servo is absolutely right on about Starman - a decade after the series launched, DC has yet to accomplish anything quite as special as James Robinson's run on this remarkable book. So get out there and snap up some trades and back issues. Starman is not to be missed.

Now, the bad news. When it comes to the regular monthly mythos, DC just can't seem to get it together. Infinite Crisis was an utter train wreck, and the entire family of titles suffers in its wake. Ever since the Death of Superman, it seems like this publishing house has been in a tailspin of pitiful, desperate "events" - Zero Hour, Final Night, Knightfall, One Million, The Kingdom, Hypertime, Green Lantern: Rebirth, blah blah fucking blah. Their continuity is a disaster, and I doubt another ten Flash-killing Crisises could save it.

Which is not to say that there isn't a bright spot or two. Grant Morrison's JLA run is the stuff of legend. The Superman books immediately following Infinite Crisis were mildly interesting. Oliver Queen, the Green Arrow, is a fantastic character - if you can dig up Mike Grell's remarkable run, you won't be disappointed. Nightwing is a fairly interesting character, though his book doesn't always live up to his potential. And of course, the mighty Kingdom Come.

What DC does best is to play up the legendary aspects of their characters. Superman, Batman & Wonder Woman have a mythical resonance that Marvel is still several decades away from achieving - though Captain America is getting close. So when you're looking for DC books, stick to one-shots, miniseries and selected Elseworlds tales (Red Son, for instance) - and run screaming away from the regular continuity. For that, stick with Marvel.

DoctorErebus on
  • Options
    Seattle ThreadSeattle Thread Registered User regular
    edited January 2007
    If the Vertigo imprint counts, then read the second-best comic series written, The Invisibles.

Then read the first, Planetary, which is unaffiliated with DC.

Seattle Thread on
    kofz2amsvqm3.png
  • Options
    edited January 2007
    Makershot wrote:
    If the Vertigo imprint counts, then read the second-best comic series written, The Invisibles.

Then read the first, Planetary, which is unaffiliated with DC.

Planetary is DC Wildstorm, but yes, it is the best comic ever written.

I'd say Whedon's Astonishing is second-best, though.

In any event, get everything ellis has ever written for DC/Wildstorm/Vertigo. Transmetropolitan, Global Frequency, Ocean, etc, etc.

Mai-Kero on
  • Options
    edited January 2007
    See the thing about JSofA is, I think, if you don't already have a hard-on for the characters, it probably won't do much for you.

You are dead inside. That's why. Souless are you.

Bad Karma on
  • Options
    edited January 2007
    Planetary?

Best comic ever written?

Really?

I mean, it's pretty neat and all, and the art's gorgeous, but I don't know if I'd say it's the best comic ever written, not by a long shot.

hughtron on
    minisy3.gif
  • Options
    MarathonMarathon Registered User regular
    edited January 2007

See, I personally had an opposite reaction. I thought it did a pretty nice job of introducing the characters and their different personalities to the point where I am looking foreward to getting it regularly. And this is from someone who reads few of the DC books.

Marathon on
  • Options
    DakDak Registered User regular
    edited January 2007
    Vertigo.

Dak on
    GAWink.jpg
  • Options
    edited January 2007
    hughtron wrote:
    Planetary?

Best comic ever written?

Really?

I mean, it's pretty neat and all, and the art's gorgeous, but I don't know if I'd say it's the best comic ever written, not by a long shot.

The sandman doesn't count as a comic, because.

Mai-Kero on
  • Options
    MuddBuddMuddBudd Registered User regular
    edited January 2007
    Track down Morrison's relaunch of the JLA. It was fantastic.

Black Orchid
    Sandman

MuddBudd on
    There's no plan, there's no race to be run
    The harder the rain, honey, the sweeter the sun.
  • Options
    WildcatWildcat Registered User regular
    edited January 2007
    Marathon wrote:
    I thought it did a pretty nice job of introducing the characters
    I'm very new to the DC universe, but I have to agree with Marathon on this. I'm obviously not privy to many of the in-references regarding the legacies of some of these characters, but I appreciate the introductions they're receiving.

Wildcat on
  • Options
    edited January 2007
    I picked up some DC books yesterday, thanks to a 70% off sale on certain titles at my LCS. I've got All New Atom #1-4, Green Lantern #14, and Ion #3-5. All New Atom was all right and I haven't started on Ion. Green Lantern was actually pretty interesting, so I guess I'll see about getting caught up on that.

wwtMask on
  • Options
    KumaKuma Registered User regular
    edited January 2007
    wwtMask wrote:
    I picked up some DC books yesterday, thanks to a 70% off sale on certain titles at my LCS. I've got All New Atom #1-4, Green Lantern #14, and Ion #3-5. All New Atom was all right and I haven't started on Ion. Green Lantern was actually pretty interesting, so I guess I'll see about getting caught up on that.

Seriously, why cant my LCS do shit like this, id probably leave my whole paycheck there

Kuma on
    f7v9h.jpg