Options

Help Me Like DC Comics

2»

• Options
    wwtMaskwwtMask Registered User regular
    edited January 2007
    Kuma wrote:
    wwtMask wrote:
    I picked up some DC books yesterday, thanks to a 70% off sale on certain titles at my LCS. I've got All New Atom #1-4, Green Lantern #14, and Ion #3-5. All New Atom was all right and I haven't started on Ion. Green Lantern was actually pretty interesting, so I guess I'll see about getting caught up on that.

Seriously, why cant my LCS do shit like this, id probably leave my whole paycheck there

I believe this was an end of year inventory reduction sale. My LCS will usually put comics over a few months old that aren't going to be worth much in the dollar boxes. For the sale, the selected titles were 90 cents each. I'll owe my good fortune to bad prediction of sales trends by the owner and mass removal of a bunch of pull lists that hadn't seen any activity in months. If I'm not careful, though, I'll be even lighter in the wallet today than I intended when I go to the store.

I dunno why I'm telling you guys this. Gloating is rather unbecoming. :P

wwtMask on
    When he dies, I hope they write "Worst Affirmative Action Hire, EVER" on his grave. His corpse should be trolled.
    Twitter - @liberaltruths | Google+ - http://gplus.to/wwtMask | Occupy Tallahassee
  • Options
    CaptainApocalypseCaptainApocalypse Registered User regular
    edited January 2007
    The Power of Shazam compells you. Captain Marvel is an awesome alternative to Superman and DC's trinity. He actually outsold Batman and Superman back in the 40's. DC actually just released a Showcase (much like Marvel's Essential series) of the 1970's run of Shazam. FYI, the comics are released under the name Shazam because Stan Lee was a toolshed who made his own Captain Marvel while there was a lawsuit surrounding the original. :evil:

CaptainApocalypse on
    SO FATE DEMANDS!
  • Options
    SageinaRageSageinaRage Registered User regular
    edited January 2007
    I am also very much like the OP. I've only just started getting into the dc universe at all, after pretty much a whole childhood of marvel...largely because of iron man and the avengers.

However, Justice and Fables are now calling for me to get the trades, Trials of Shazam seems very cool, and Shadowpact is way better than I anticipated. Checkmate also seems interesting.

SageinaRage on
    sig.gif
  • Options
    Herr CaesarHerr Caesar Registered User regular
    edited January 2007
    Anyone mention We3 yet?

Herr Caesar on
    civbandit.jpg
  • Options
    wwtMaskwwtMask Registered User regular
    edited January 2007
    Anyone mention We3 yet?

I'm going to say no to that.

I'm happy to report that I'm doing a bit better with DC now. I've decided to keep picking up Green Lantern and Green Lantern Corps, in addition to Wonder Woman, JLA, and JSA. I'm considering one Superman and one Batman comic per month as well. I'm thinking Action Comics, but I have no clue which Batman to get.

wwtMask on
    When he dies, I hope they write "Worst Affirmative Action Hire, EVER" on his grave. His corpse should be trolled.
    Twitter - @liberaltruths | Google+ - http://gplus.to/wwtMask | Occupy Tallahassee
  • Options
    HardtargetHardtarget There Are Four Lights VancouverRegistered User regular
    edited January 2007
    wwtMask wrote:
    Anyone mention We3 yet?

I'm happy to report that I'm doing a bit better with DC now. I've decided to keep picking up Green Lantern and Green Lantern Corps, in addition to Wonder Woman, JLA, and JSA. I'm considering one Superman and one Batman comic per month as well. I'm thinking Action Comics, but I have no clue which Batman to get.

catch up on the trades instead, trust me. Look at my reply pretty high up on the last page.

Also WE3 is an amazing piece of work.

Hardtarget on
    steam_sig.png
    kHDRsTc.png
  • Options
    KumaKuma Registered User regular
    edited January 2007
    wwtMask wrote:
    Anyone mention We3 yet?

All Star Superman and Detective Comics

Kuma on
    f7v9h.jpg
  • Options
    AlgertmanAlgertman Registered User regular
    edited January 2007
    MuddBudd wrote:
    Track down Morrison's relaunch of the JLA. It was fantastic.

the word BIG doesn't do his run justice

Algertman on
  • Options
    Sars_BoySars_Boy Rest, You Are The Lightning. Registered User regular
    edited January 2007
    hughtron wrote:
    Planetary?

Best comic ever written?

Really?

I mean, it's pretty neat and all, and the art's gorgeous, but I don't know if I'd say it's the best comic ever written, not by a long shot.
    Planetary is probably my most favorite comic ever.

It just does it for me on so many levels.

Sars_Boy on