Options

Brains in a [Chat]

• Options
    SyphonBlueSyphonBlue The studying beaver That beaver sure loves studying!Registered User regular
    edited November 2009
    SyphonBlue wrote: »
    dance dance dance

all over the place.

everyone dance!

no.

Look out for this guy. He's all about fun.

I don't dance with ducks. You don't belong in this forum.

SyphonBlue on
    LxX6eco.jpg
    PSN/Steam/NNID: SyphonBlue | BNet: SyphonBlue#1126
  • Options
    HonkHonk Honk is this poster. Registered User, __BANNED USERS regular
    edited November 2009
    I was gonna buy Titan Quest, but then I got Torchlight and now I'm satisfied.

Honk on
    PSN: Honkalot
  • Options
    RonTheDMRonTheDM Yes, yes Registered User regular
    edited November 2009
    Titan Quest is great.

RonTheDM on
  • Options
    NerdgasmicNerdgasmic __BANNED USERS regular
    edited November 2009
    Diablo II scares me just a little.

I bought Fallout 2, but I really suck at it. :(

Nerdgasmic on
  • Options
    DasUberEdwardDasUberEdward Registered User regular
    edited November 2009
    I wonder if I can make Free Grace Jones! a meme.

DasUberEdward on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    RiemannLivesRiemannLives Registered User regular
    edited November 2009
    I haven't tried Torchlight yet. Haven't had any game time, at all, since before it came out. Probably going to go on a binge this week. All Dragon Age and Torchlight and such.

Also, I can't believe I put an apostrophe in "Titan Quest" above. I am useless for anything but C# right now.

RiemannLives on
    Attacked by tweeeeeeees!
  • Options
    Nova_CNova_C I have the need The need for speedRegistered User regular
    edited November 2009
    Nerdgasmic wrote: »

The beginning is ridiculously hard compared to the rest of the game.

Nova_C on
  • Options
    ChanusChanus Harbinger of the Spicy Rooster Apocalypse The Flames of a Thousand Collapsed StarsRegistered User regular
    edited November 2009

Is that even a thing?

Chanus on
    Allegedly a voice of reason.
  • Options
    edited November 2009
    I have all the Fallouts except Brotherhood of Steel but I haven't played through any of them. This is a common symptom for me.

Dead Space, loved it but haven't played through more than half. Bioshock, adored it but haven't even played half.

Honk on
  • Options
    SenjutsuSenjutsu thot enthusiast Registered User regular
    edited November 2009
    where the hell is my pizza

Senjutsu on
  • Options
    edited November 2009
    Yeah, I'm stuck at those plants.

It's also a little boring. I'm thrusting spears at things instead of talking them to death or disintegrating them.

Nerdgasmic on
  • Options
    edited November 2009
    I haven't tried Torchlight yet. Haven't had any game time, at all, since before it came out. Probably going to go on a binge this week. All Dragon Age and Torchlight and such.

Also, I can't believe I put an apostrophe in "Titan Quest" above. I am useless for anything but C# right now.

Damn, how many different C-something-something languages are there? Haven't heard of C# before.

Honk on
  • Options
    edited November 2009
    Honk wrote: »
    I have all the Fallouts except Brotherhood of Steel but I haven't played through any of them. This is a common symptom for me.

Dead Space, loved it but haven't played through more than half. Bioshock, adored it but haven't even played half.

You're doing yourself a disservice by not finishing Fallout 1 and 3. Goddamn 3 was so epic at the end.

Nova_C on
  • Options
    ChanusChanus Harbinger of the Spicy Rooster Apocalypse The Flames of a Thousand Collapsed StarsRegistered User regular
    edited November 2009

Damn, how many different C-something-something languages are there?

Three?

Chanus on
  • Options
    edited November 2009

Damn, how many different C-something-something languages are there? Haven't heard of C# before.

Two?

C# is a .net language you ape. :P

Nova_C on
  • Options
    HKPacman420HKPacman420 Registered User regular
    edited November 2009
    Nova_C wrote: »

The beginning is ridiculously hard compared to the rest of the game.

The temple of trials had me wanting to give up, but as soon as you get your hands on some good weaponry it becomes pure, concentrated fun.

HKPacman420 on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    InquisitorInquisitor Registered User regular
    edited November 2009
    I need foooood.

Inquisitor on
  • Options
    edited November 2009

Two?

Well, it's still technically a "C-something-something" language... kinda square>rectangle?

Chanus on
  • Options
    edited November 2009
    C, C++, C#? How do they differ, why don't they have cooler names, and what's with the random symbols anyway (# & ++)?

Honk on
  • Options
    edited November 2009

Damn, how many different C-something-something languages are there?

C/C++/Objective-C/C#

But only the first three are related, and that's not counting dialects, like K&R C, C89, C99, etc

Senjutsu on
  • Options
    edited November 2009
    Inquisitor wrote: »
    I need foooood.

Find Senjutsu's pizza.

Chanus on
  • Options
    RiemannLivesRiemannLives Registered User regular
    edited November 2009
    oh wait, I did get halloween off. That was fun. The missus made the boy a great costume based on (at his request) the new cat we got in June.
    15761_171372965422_585335422_3382937_7180623_n.jpg

RiemannLives on
    Attacked by tweeeeeeees!
  • Options
    edited November 2009
    Chanus wrote: »

Two?

Well, it's still technically a "C-something-something" language... kinda square>rectangle?

Yeah, I included it. What's a C-something-something language other than C# and C++?

Nova_C on
  • Options
    matt has a problemmatt has a problem Points to 'off' Points to 'on'Registered User regular
    edited November 2009
    Wouldn't she have to be in some kind of peril first?

Or are you meaning like, "With purchase"?

matt has a problem on
    nibXTE7.png
  • Options
    edited November 2009
    C, C++, C#? How do they differ, why don't they have cooler names, and what's with the random symbols anyway (# & ++)?

++ is the notation for increment... so instead of C 2.0, they called it C++

Not sure of the reason on the hash mark one.

Chanus on
  • Options
    edited November 2009
    I know how to do stuff in python is all, these other things scare me. :?

Honk on
  • Options
    edited November 2009

Two?

Yeah, I included it. What's a C-something-something language other than C# and C++?

I was including just C

Chanus on
  • Options
    Raiden333Raiden333 Registered User regular
    edited November 2009
    well fuck.

Waitlisted for Americorps.

At least you love me, don't you rum? Of course you do. Now get in my belly.

Raiden333 on
    There was a steam sig here. It's gone now.
  • Options
    edited November 2009
    Riemann, that is too cute.

Nova, how does Broken Steel end?

Nerdgasmic on
  • Options
    HKPacman420HKPacman420 Registered User regular
    edited November 2009
    oh wait, I did get halloween off. That was fun. The missus made the boy a great costume based on (at his request) the new cat we got in June.
    15761_171372965422_585335422_3382937_7180623_n.jpg

Awwwww, uber cute.

Man why do I have such a soft spot for kitties.

HKPacman420 on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    edited November 2009

# as in sharp as in "play it a half pitch higher"

it's just a pun on increment

Senjutsu on
  • Options
    edited November 2009
    Senjutsu wrote: »

# as in sharp as in "play it a half pitch higher"

it's just a pun on increment

Ugh... as a nerd and a musician, I can't believe I never put that together.

Chanus on
  • Options
    edited November 2009
    Awwwww, uber cute.

Man why do I have such a soft spot for kitties.

It's called a stomach... because they're delicious.

Chanus on
  • Options
    edited November 2009

You're doing yourself a disservice by not finishing Fallout 1 and 3. Goddamn 3 was so epic at the end.

With everyone of these games it just makes me feel like there would be so much time required that I'm not ready to give up, so instead I pick up new ones and never finish them.

Strangest one is Bioshock, because I hear it's a short game. Even though I've easily played it for 15 hours or more and just got to arcadia (when I last played it, over a year ago that is).

Honk on
  • Options
    CindersCinders Whose sails were black when it was windy Registered User regular
    edited November 2009
    I've acquired some Orval, what temperature should it be at when I ingest it?

Cinders on
  • Options
    edited November 2009
    Cinders wrote: »
    I've acquired some Orval, what temperature should it be at when I ingest it?

12-14 C

Chanus on
  • Options
    edited November 2009
    Riemann, that is too cute.

Nova, how does Broken Steel end?

It doesn't.

Real spoilers, people.
    Well, it's free play after Broken Steel. But the 'end' to Broken Steel is kinda neat. Massive orbital bombardment on the last vestige of power of the Enclave. But the epic end I refer to is the Liberty Prime assault on the Enclave at the Jefferson Memorial. That's one of the coolest sequences ever. "Probability of mission hindrance? ZERO PERCENT."

Nova_C on
  • Options
    edited November 2009

With everyone of these games it just makes me feel like there would be so much time required that I'm not ready to give up, so instead I pick up new ones and never finish them.

Strangest one is Bioshock, because I hear it's a short game. Even though I've easily played it for 15 hours or more and just got to arcadia (when I last played it, over a year ago that is).

And, again, you're doing yourself a disservice by not finishing Bioshock. Well, at least not almost finishing it, anyway.

Nova_C on
  • Options
    edited November 2009
    Oh yeah.

Man, I haven't played Fallout 3 in forever.

Nerdgasmic on
  • Options
    InquisitorInquisitor Registered User regular
    edited November 2009
    Shit, just got the shakes again! I thought I had you beat fever!

Inquisitor on
This discussion has been closed.