Options

[Chat] Dog Man

1246758

Posts

  • Options
    InquisitorInquisitor Registered User regular
    edited November 2009
    Rust wrote: »
    well i don't know much about the guy or how much research you've done but this could be a good start if you haven't found it already

    seems to connect his writing to another modernist writer and analyzes it in the context of an emerging paradigm in the field

    Hahaha I am reading that article right now <3

    Inquisitor on
  • Options
    nexuscrawlernexuscrawler Registered User regular
    edited November 2009
    great

    fallout saves are dead

    nexuscrawler on
  • Options
    InquisitorInquisitor Registered User regular
    edited November 2009
    Passerbye wrote: »
    What is this Torchlight you all keep yammering about?

    It's like a single player D2/roguelike, free demo up on Steam.

    Inquisitor on
  • Options
    RustRust __BANNED USERS regular
    edited November 2009
    Inquisitor wrote: »
    Rust wrote: »
    well i don't know much about the guy or how much research you've done but this could be a good start if you haven't found it already

    seems to connect his writing to another modernist writer and analyzes it in the context of an emerging paradigm in the field

    Hahaha I am reading that article right now <3

    well cookies

    but yeah going down the list there seem to be at least a few straight comp-lit analyses of the guy

    Rust on
  • Options
    PasserbyePasserbye I am much older than you. in Beach CityRegistered User regular
    edited November 2009
    Inquisitor wrote: »
    Passerbye wrote: »
    What is this Torchlight you all keep yammering about?

    It's like a single player D2/roguelike, free demo up on Steam.

    Hmn. I'll have to check it out then, I suppose.

    Passerbye on
  • Options
    NocturneNocturne Registered User regular
    edited November 2009
    Nocturne wrote: »
    Nexus hotlinking is blocked but I knew exactly what that was

    :^:

    Tappin' queens erryday

    I used to have a Tim deck that got fucked over by errata when a lot of the abilities were clarified to mean dealing damage by attacking only. Man that was awesome for a while, though.
    somnophore.jpg

    78.jpg

    Add Thieving Magpies and other such cards and it pissed a lot of people off.

    Nocturne on
  • Options
    Nova_CNova_C I have the need The need for speedRegistered User regular
    edited November 2009
    Nocturne wrote: »
    Nocturne wrote: »
    Nexus hotlinking is blocked but I knew exactly what that was

    :^:

    Tappin' queens erryday

    I used to have a Tim deck that got fucked over by errata when a lot of the abilities were clarified to mean dealing damage by attacking only. Man that was awesome for a while, though.
    somnophore.jpg

    78.jpg

    Add Thieving Magpies and other such cards and it pissed a lot of people off.

    NOT cool, man. :P

    Nova_C on
  • Options
    PasserbyePasserbye I am much older than you. in Beach CityRegistered User regular
    edited November 2009
    Magic Nerds.

    I just collect the cards for the pretty art.

    I've even got a couple of them signed by the artist. :D

    Passerbye on
  • Options
    CokebotleCokebotle 穴掘りの 電車内Registered User regular
    edited November 2009
    So you guys wanna hear something really stupid about Japanese bureaucracy?
    So I need to get a Japanese driver's license. The process for a foreigner with a valid driver's license in another country is basically an interview with the Police, followed by a written test and a driving test if you're from certain countries (like the US).

    I had my interview yesterday, and after going through it with little problem, suddenly the officer shows me my NM license and says "You see here? At the top? Where the word "DRIVER" has the top half gone? Yeah, that means we cannot accept it as a driver's license, because it could be fake. So you have to get an official Driving History Record from your DMV, signed by the head, and show it to me. If you can't, you have to go through Japanese driving school (like $3k or so) to get one."

    tldr; Missing the top half of one word on my valid US driver's license means it's an unacceptable document.

    Cokebotle on
    工事中
  • Options
    Armored GorillaArmored Gorilla Registered User regular
    edited November 2009
    I had a Saproling Trample deck that I abused the crap out of by tossing in Phyrexian Alter and Grave Pact. In one three-player game, I played Saproling Symbiosis to get more saprolings in play, sac'd them to get more mana to cast the mutation cards I had left in my hand to get artifacts, auras and creatures out of play for more mana, dropped coats of arms, then ran my friends over with the two saprolings I had left that were something like 42/42's at this point.

    Looking back, I have no idea if it was legal, but it was funny as hell.

    Armored Gorilla on
    "I'm a mad god. The Mad God, actually. It's a family title. Gets passed down from me to myself every few thousand years."
  • Options
    matt has a problemmatt has a problem Points to 'off' Points to 'on'Registered User regular
    edited November 2009
    Cokebotle wrote: »
    So you guys wanna hear something really stupid about Japanese bureaucracy?
    So I need to get a Japanese driver's license. The process for a foreigner with a valid driver's license in another country is basically an interview with the Police, followed by a written test and a driving test if you're from certain countries (like the US).

    I had my interview yesterday, and after going through it with little problem, suddenly the officer shows me my NM license and says "You see here? At the top? Where the word "DRIVER" has the top half gone? Yeah, that means we cannot accept it as a driver's license, because it could be fake. So you have to get an official Driving History Record from your DMV, signed by the head, and show it to me. If you can't, you have to go through Japanese driving school (like $3k or so) to get one."

    tldr; Missing the top half of one word on my valid US driver's license means it's an unacceptable document.
    Do "official driving history records" even exist? And who would the head of the DMV be? Did he just ask you for two things that aren't real?

    matt has a problem on
    nibXTE7.png
  • Options
    PodlyPodly you unzipped me! it's all coming back! i don't like it!Registered User regular
    edited November 2009
    Fuck I'm tired.

    Podly on
    follow my music twitter soundcloud tumblr
    9pr1GIh.jpg?1
  • Options
    CokebotleCokebotle 穴掘りの 電車内Registered User regular
    edited November 2009
    Cokebotle wrote: »
    So you guys wanna hear something really stupid about Japanese bureaucracy?
    So I need to get a Japanese driver's license. The process for a foreigner with a valid driver's license in another country is basically an interview with the Police, followed by a written test and a driving test if you're from certain countries (like the US).

    I had my interview yesterday, and after going through it with little problem, suddenly the officer shows me my NM license and says "You see here? At the top? Where the word "DRIVER" has the top half gone? Yeah, that means we cannot accept it as a driver's license, because it could be fake. So you have to get an official Driving History Record from your DMV, signed by the head, and show it to me. If you can't, you have to go through Japanese driving school (like $3k or so) to get one."

    tldr; Missing the top half of one word on my valid US driver's license means it's an unacceptable document.
    Do "official driving history records" even exist? And who would the head of the DMV be? Did he just ask you for two things that aren't real?

    Thankfully they do exist, as my dad went to the DMV for me today (for you guys) and will have the signed record sent to their house soon, followed by them sending it to me ASAP.

    But still, goddamn bureaucracy. I showed my license to my teachers and their response was basically "Wow, that's really stupid. But... that's our government". In fact, for a passport picture, one of my teachers (bald) was asked to retake his picture because his head melded into the background too much (if I understood him correctly).

    Oh, and if you smile in a passport pic, you have to take it again.

    Cokebotle on
    工事中
  • Options
    Dread Pirate ArbuthnotDread Pirate Arbuthnot OMG WRIGGLY T O X O P L A S M O S I SRegistered User regular
    edited November 2009
    I hate writing essays and shit.

    Dread Pirate Arbuthnot on
  • Options
    RustRust __BANNED USERS regular
    edited November 2009
    "you in DMV! soulless bureaucracy! no happy allowed, no no no!"

    sorry that was awful

    Rust on
  • Options
    TL DRTL DR Not at all confident in his reflexive opinions of thingsRegistered User regular
    edited November 2009
    Man I am pro at writing essays. I hate going to class and doing homework.

    TL DR on
  • Options
    PasserbyePasserbye I am much older than you. in Beach CityRegistered User regular
    edited November 2009
    I love the rainy fall season.

    Days of soft blue light and grey skies. The constant patter of rain. The contrast of the bright yellow and red leaves with the evergreens.

    Man, I do love Seattle. <3

    Passerbye on
  • Options
    CokebotleCokebotle 穴掘りの 電車内Registered User regular
    edited November 2009
    And... when looking up a word in my dictionary I found the kanji for hermaphrodite. >.<

    Cokebotle on
    工事中
  • Options
    matt has a problemmatt has a problem Points to 'off' Points to 'on'Registered User regular
    edited November 2009
    Rust wrote: »
    "you in DMV! sourress buleauclacy! no happy arrowed, no no no!"

    sorry that was awful
    Yeah, come on, if you're going to do it, do it right.

    matt has a problem on
    nibXTE7.png
  • Options
    JamesJames Registered User regular
    edited November 2009
    Hello [chat]!

    Today I bought Howl's Moving Castle but the girl says I am not allowed to watch it until she is there.

    I also bought Season 1 of 30 Rock which I have not seen much of but have been told I will like so let the watchening begin.

    James on
  • Options
    JamesJames Registered User regular
    edited November 2009
    Also I told her about the Octopass and she volunteered to help.

    edit: this post is more directed at passer

    James on
  • Options
    PodlyPodly you unzipped me! it's all coming back! i don't like it!Registered User regular
    edited November 2009
    Essays are awesome. Why wouldn't you like writing essays?

    Podly on
    follow my music twitter soundcloud tumblr
    9pr1GIh.jpg?1
  • Options
    CokebotleCokebotle 穴掘りの 電車内Registered User regular
    edited November 2009
    James wrote: »
    Hello [chat]!

    Today I bought Howl's Moving Castle but the girl says I am not allowed to watch it until she is there.

    I also bought Season 1 of 30 Rock which I have not seen much of but have been told I will like so let the watchening begin.

    Howl's is a good movie.

    Cokebotle on
    工事中
  • Options
    VariableVariable Mouth Congress Stroke Me Lady FameRegistered User regular
    edited November 2009
    James wrote: »
    Hello [chat]!

    Today I bought Howl's Moving Castle but the girl says I am not allowed to watch it until she is there.

    I also bought Season 1 of 30 Rock which I have not seen much of but have been told I will like so let the watchening begin.

    hope you enjoy it

    Variable on
    BNet-Vari#1998 | Switch-SW 6960 6688 8388 | Steam | Twitch
  • Options
    PodlyPodly you unzipped me! it's all coming back! i don't like it!Registered User regular
    edited November 2009
    Podly on
    follow my music twitter soundcloud tumblr
    9pr1GIh.jpg?1
  • Options
    InquisitorInquisitor Registered User regular
    edited November 2009
    Goodnight chat.

    Inquisitor on
  • Options
    JamesJames Registered User regular
    edited November 2009
    Variable wrote: »
    James wrote: »
    Hello [chat]!

    Today I bought Howl's Moving Castle but the girl says I am not allowed to watch it until she is there.

    I also bought Season 1 of 30 Rock which I have not seen much of but have been told I will like so let the watchening begin.

    hope you enjoy it

    I saw the Seinfeld Vision episode and liked it. I am told it is the worst episode in the entire series, so my expectations are high.

    James on
  • Options
    Dread Pirate ArbuthnotDread Pirate Arbuthnot OMG WRIGGLY T O X O P L A S M O S I SRegistered User regular
    edited November 2009
    Podly wrote: »
    Essays are awesome. Why wouldn't you like writing essays?

    Because I'm a first year so I'm not really confident in my writing being what professors want from the subject. Otherwise essays and me are like this (crossing fingers)

    Dread Pirate Arbuthnot on
  • Options
    ThomamelasThomamelas Only one man can kill this many Russians. Bring his guitar to me! Registered User regular
    edited November 2009
    I had a deck I referred to as bureaucracy. It was primary method of winning was to drive people away from the table in a fit of rage. It was built around the unglued set and thus not tourneyment legal. Lots of Ashnod's coupons, Handcuffs, Volrath's motion sensor, Bureaucracy, censorship, Look at me I'm the DCI, I'm rubber, your glue, once more with feeling, etc. You get the idea.

    Thomamelas on
  • Options
    JamesJames Registered User regular
    edited November 2009
    Podly wrote: »

    hahaha that is so weird.

    James on
  • Options
    CokebotleCokebotle 穴掘りの 電車内Registered User regular
    edited November 2009
    Thomamelas wrote: »
    I had a deck I referred to as bureaucracy. It was primary method of winning was to drive people away from the table in a fit of rage. It was built around the unglued set and thus not tourneyment legal. Lots of Ashnod's coupons, Handcuffs, Volrath's motion sensor, Bureaucracy, censorship, Look at me I'm the DCI, I'm rubber, your glue, once more with feeling, etc. You get the idea.

    Very appropriately named.

    Cokebotle on
    工事中
  • Options
    PasserbyePasserbye I am much older than you. in Beach CityRegistered User regular
    edited November 2009
    James wrote: »
    Also I told her about the Octopass and she volunteered to help.

    edit: this post is more directed at passer

    Cool.



    Though I am curious how she's helping. :winky:

    Passerbye on
  • Options
    VariableVariable Mouth Congress Stroke Me Lady FameRegistered User regular
    edited November 2009
    James wrote: »
    Variable wrote: »
    James wrote: »
    Hello [chat]!

    Today I bought Howl's Moving Castle but the girl says I am not allowed to watch it until she is there.

    I also bought Season 1 of 30 Rock which I have not seen much of but have been told I will like so let the watchening begin.

    hope you enjoy it

    I saw the Seinfeld Vision episode and liked it. I am told it is the worst episode in the entire series, so my expectations are high.

    well I disagree about that ep but either way, if you liked that you should enjoy the show.

    Variable on
    BNet-Vari#1998 | Switch-SW 6960 6688 8388 | Steam | Twitch
  • Options
    PodlyPodly you unzipped me! it's all coming back! i don't like it!Registered User regular
    edited November 2009
    Podly wrote: »
    Essays are awesome. Why wouldn't you like writing essays?

    Because I'm a first year so I'm not really confident in my writing being what professors want from the subject. Otherwise essays and me are like this (crossing fingers)

    When I'm not confident writing papers, I go through my drafts and ask these two questions to each point:

    1)Why?
    2)Yes, and?

    If you haven't proved your thesis, (1) will pop up a lot. If you have a lot of useless fat, (2) will. You should try to write at least two drafts for papers over five pages.

    Podly on
    follow my music twitter soundcloud tumblr
    9pr1GIh.jpg?1
  • Options
    electricitylikesmeelectricitylikesme Registered User regular
    edited November 2009
    The chatopus is going to have seen more naked [chat]ers then anything else.

    electricitylikesme on
  • Options
    Dread Pirate ArbuthnotDread Pirate Arbuthnot OMG WRIGGLY T O X O P L A S M O S I SRegistered User regular
    edited November 2009
    Podly wrote: »
    Podly wrote: »
    Essays are awesome. Why wouldn't you like writing essays?

    Because I'm a first year so I'm not really confident in my writing being what professors want from the subject. Otherwise essays and me are like this (crossing fingers)

    When I'm not confident writing papers, I go through my drafts and ask these two questions to each point:

    1)Why?
    2)Yes, and?

    If you haven't proved your thesis, (1) will pop up a lot. If you have a lot of useless fat, (2) will. You should try to write at least two drafts for papers over five pages.

    That's actually a really fantastic tip! Thanks!

    Dread Pirate Arbuthnot on
  • Options
    MikeManMikeMan Registered User regular
    edited November 2009
    time to play dragon age imo

    MikeMan on
  • Options
    HakkekageHakkekage Space Whore Academy summa cum laudeRegistered User regular
    edited November 2009
    30 Rock is fun times

    Hakkekage on
    3DS: 2165 - 6538 - 3417
    NNID: Hakkekage
  • Options
    ThomamelasThomamelas Only one man can kill this many Russians. Bring his guitar to me! Registered User regular
    edited November 2009
    Cokebotle wrote: »
    Thomamelas wrote: »
    I had a deck I referred to as bureaucracy. It was primary method of winning was to drive people away from the table in a fit of rage. It was built around the unglued set and thus not tourneyment legal. Lots of Ashnod's coupons, Handcuffs, Volrath's motion sensor, Bureaucracy, censorship, Look at me I'm the DCI, I'm rubber, your glue, once more with feeling, etc. You get the idea.

    Very appropriately named.

    I only ever got to play it once, but it worked perfectly.

    Thomamelas on
  • Options
    IncenjucarIncenjucar VChatter Seattle, WARegistered User regular
    edited November 2009
    The chatopus is going to have seen more naked [chat]ers then anything else.

    It's like going to PAX.

    Incenjucar on
This discussion has been closed.