Options

[Chat] Dog Man

• Options
    FeralFeral MEMETICHARIZARD interior crocodile alligator ⇔ ǝɹʇɐǝɥʇ ǝᴉʌoɯ ʇǝloɹʌǝɥɔ ɐ ǝʌᴉɹp ᴉRegistered User regular
    edited November 2009
    Passerbye wrote: »
    J she said you can date in the future, just not right now.

It means she's interested in you, but emotionally or otherwise not ready to date anyone right now.

Fuck, learn some patience. :?
    Or maybe she doesn't want to date him at all and is just stringing him along because some people are cruel.

I really think having no patience is the answer. But that doesn't mean struggling to figure it out. It means moving the fuck on, because really, who has time for this shit?

Feral on
    every person who doesn't like an acquired taste always seems to think everyone who likes it is faking it. it should be an official fallacy.

the "no true scotch man" fallacy.
  • Options
    Irond WillIrond Will WARNING: NO HURTFUL COMMENTS, PLEASE!!!!! Cambridge. MAModerator Mod Emeritus
    edited November 2009
    Elki wrote: »
    Nerissa wrote: »
    He's been claiming it longer than that, I think. Unless my sense of time is even more screwed up than I think it is.

It's not.

I seem to remember him kind of hedging on the black thing. Like he would say dumb shit like he was "of color" or something.

Irond Will on
    Wqdwp8l.png
  • Options
    PasserbyePasserbye I am much older than you. in Beach CityRegistered User regular
    edited November 2009

It means she's interested in you, but emotionally or otherwise not ready to date anyone right now.

Or maybe she doesn't want to date him at all and is just stringing him along because some people are cruel.

I really think having no patience is the answer. But that doesn't mean struggling to figure it out. It means moving the fuck on, because really, who has time for this shit?

Pretty much this.

If it comes along down the line that she's ready to date and he's free to, they can explore their options then.

Passerbye on
  • Options
    RichyRichy Registered User regular
    edited November 2009
    I'm a little annoyed by half-rejections too, but calling it evil seems a bit strong.
    Yeah, that's how I feel too. I'm ok with girls wanting to date me, and I'm ok with girls not wanting to date me. But when you're interested in someone and they respond with "yeah maybe but maybe not i dunno we'll see but maybe yeah unless no ask again later", it gets really frustrating really fast.

I wouldn't go so far as 'evil', though.

Richy on
    sig.gif
  • Options
    NerissaNerissa Registered User regular
    edited November 2009
    _J_ wrote: »

Feral wrote: »
    _J_, it is simple.

If you ask her out, and she says no, she is not willing or able to date you.

If she is not willing or able to date you now, the chances of her being willing or able to date you in the future are incredibly slim.

You two need to fight to the death in order to determine who is correct.

Hakkekage wrote: »
    Pony wrote: »
    J is doing that thing that kids with Asperger's do

where they don't understand social interactions and verbal cues and therefore just assume a person is being malicious towards them.

yeah seriously J

this is r-duckalus

Maybe, but this seems like a sensible way for a thinking thing to act in this situation. How am I supposed to know what will happen if this lady's intentions are not known to me? How am I supposed to plan my day?

As far as I can tell to manifest a situation in which dating occurs the interested party has to make itself available to the party whose adoration is sought. So, I have to be available to her. I have to be within her geographic area, i have to have a free schedule, I have to maintain a situation such that when she wants to hang out I am available to her. If a situation arises in which I am not available then she will spend time with someone else and then, presumably, increase her adoration towards the party who WAS available as opposed to crummy stupid old J who had to write his paper.

So, since I WANT to hang out with her and need to be available I structure my life to be such that I AM available.

OK, you just passed "interested" and moved into "creepy stalker-dude" territory.

Nerissa on
  • Options
    InquisitorInquisitor Registered User regular
    edited November 2009
    Maybe, but this seems like a sensible way for a thinking thing to act in this situation. How am I supposed to know what will happen if this lady's intentions are not known to me? How am I supposed to plan my day?

As far as I can tell to manifest a situation in which dating occurs the interested party has to make itself available to the party whose adoration is sought. So, I have to be available to her. I have to be within her geographic area, i have to have a free schedule, I have to maintain a situation such that when she wants to hang out I am available to her. If a situation arises in which I am not available then she will spend time with someone else and then, presumably, increase her adoration towards the party who WAS available as opposed to crummy stupid old J who had to write his paper.

So, since I WANT to hang out with her and need to be available I structure my life to be such that I AM available.

Uh...what?

No, what the fuck. NO.

You are a god damn human being with your own life, you are not her bitch.

Inquisitor on
  • Options
    matt has a problemmatt has a problem Points to 'off' Points to 'on'Registered User regular
    edited November 2009
    That's called being a doormat. Or a pushover. Or, you know, a big pussy.

matt has a problem on
    nibXTE7.png
  • Options
    Hi I'm Vee!Hi I'm Vee! Formerly VH; She/Her; Is an E X P E R I E N C E Registered User regular
    edited November 2009
    I too am having girl problems, except mine's not really a problem since the solution is "just ask her out, you wuss."

Hi I'm Vee! on
    vRyue2p.png
  • Options
    Phil G.Phil G. __BANNED USERS regular
    edited November 2009
    _J_, other people exist in this world. You don't need to be around/ available for a person all the time for them to like you.

Phil G. on
  • Options
    Premier kakosPremier kakos Registered User, ClubPA regular
    edited November 2009
    Cokebotle wrote: »
    Winky wrote: »
    japan wrote: »
    How difficult is it to tell a guy "We can / will date" or "We can / will not date". That seems like a very simple thing to discern for a human being.

I know it's such a cliche to say things like "have you interacted with people, at all, before?", _J_, but damn.

On the one hand, _J_, they're right, just because the girl can't make up her mind doesn't mean she's out to get you.

On the other hand, you guys should lighten up on him. It can be really painful in any relationship when you know exactly what you want but the other side has no idea what they want yet.

Yes, it can be hard when one party is confused.

But calling them evil isn't the healthiest reaction.

Besides, all women are evil anyway. Original sin and all that jazz.

Premier kakos on
  • Options
    Donkey KongDonkey Kong Putting Nintendo out of business with AI nips Registered User regular
    edited November 2009
    Asking THE INTERNET for relationship advice is like going to Hardees (Carls Jr) for diet advice.

Either way, you'll come back at 1am for a 2200 calorie breakfast burrito.

Donkey Kong on
    Thousands of hot, local singles are waiting to play at bubbulon.com.
  • Options
    Hi I'm Vee!Hi I'm Vee! Formerly VH; She/Her; Is an E X P E R I E N C E Registered User regular
    edited November 2009
    Asking THE INTERNET for relationship advice is like going to Hardees (Carls Jr) for diet advice.

Now I'm hungry.

Hi I'm Vee! on
    vRyue2p.png
  • Options
    edited November 2009
    I too am having girl problems, except mine's not really a problem since the solution is "just ask her out, you wuss."

Hey, you slack-jawed fag, just ask her out.

Inquisitor on
  • Options
    FeralFeral MEMETICHARIZARD interior crocodile alligator ⇔ ǝɹʇɐǝɥʇ ǝᴉʌoɯ ʇǝloɹʌǝɥɔ ɐ ǝʌᴉɹp ᴉRegistered User regular
    edited November 2009
    Maybe, but this seems like a sensible way for a thinking thing to act in this situation. How am I supposed to know what will happen if this lady's intentions are not known to me?

She does not intend to date you. If she did intend to date you, she already would be dating you.

She might say otherwise but people say things all the time that are contrary to their actions, because people are not necessarily honest with themselves or others.

Actions, as they say, speak louder than words.

Feral on
    every person who doesn't like an acquired taste always seems to think everyone who likes it is faking it. it should be an official fallacy.

the "no true scotch man" fallacy.
  • Options
    PasserbyePasserbye I am much older than you. in Beach CityRegistered User regular
    edited November 2009

You should.

If she says no she's stupid 'cause you're a cutie. :)

Passerbye on
  • Options
    edited November 2009
    Hey Inqi, what are you up to tonight?

Edit: Oh wait, you're sick. Never mind.

Hi I'm Vee! on
    vRyue2p.png
  • Options
    ElkiElki get busy Moderator, ClubPA Mod Emeritus
    edited November 2009

Feral wrote: »
    _J_, it is simple.

If you ask her out, and she says no, she is not willing or able to date you.

If she is not willing or able to date you now, the chances of her being willing or able to date you in the future are incredibly slim.

You two need to fight to the death in order to determine who is correct.

where they don't understand social interactions and verbal cues and therefore just assume a person is being malicious towards them.

yeah seriously J

this is r-duckalus

piidb

Elki on
    smCQ5WE.jpg
  • Options
    edited November 2009

We could be nurgle cultists together! Spread my disease!

Inquisitor on
  • Options
    edited November 2009
    piidb

[chat]'s solution to every problem

Nerissa on
  • Options
    edited November 2009

You should.

If she says no she's stupid 'cause you're a cutie. :)
    I know, right?

You need to come down to LA and slap some of these girls around for me. Be all "Hey, VH is awesome, you should be hanging all over that shit."

That's exactly how you'd say it too. I know you so well.

I'm in a bit of a silly mood.

Hi I'm Vee! on
    vRyue2p.png
  • Options
    WinkyWinky rRegistered User regular
    edited November 2009

yeah seriously J

this is r-duckalus

Whoa, whoa, whoa, slow down there buddy!

There is absolutely nothing that says you have to plan your life around her if you want to date her. That's a terrible, terrible idea.

And you need to not worry about her hanging out with someone else besides for you! That's just unhealthy.

Look dude, this isn't a dating sim, you aren't building up points here. Attraction just happens.

Maybe you really need to back off from this girl.

Winky on
  • Options
    Silas BrownSilas Brown That's hobo style. Registered User regular
    edited November 2009
    piidb

Funny, I couldn't figure out what "piidb" meant until you said that.

Silas Brown on
  • Options
    Armored GorillaArmored Gorilla Registered User regular
    edited November 2009
    The woman I like lives in Chicago. Life is inconvenient.

Armored Gorilla on
    "I'm a mad god. The Mad God, actually. It's a family title. Gets passed down from me to myself every few thousand years."
  • Options
    PonyPony Registered User regular
    edited November 2009
    Irond Will wrote: »
    Phil G. wrote: »
    So, what do Guardian Angels do? Tell you to stop loudly? How does this work? Aren't they just as likely to get fucked up? Blargh, stupid people.

They basically figure out what is barely legal under "citizen's arrest" rules and then do that. In localities where basically nothing is legal under "citizen's arrest" rules, the Guardian Angels consist of old ladies in red hats and airhorns.

In places that stupidly allow minor assault under "citizens arrest" rules apparently the Guardian Angels are the equivalent of packs of (more) stupidly-dressed Straightedge skinheads.

They were kind of a thing in, I think New York and Philly in the 70s. They tried to come to Boston a year or two ago because of I think a shooting at an afterparty? Anyways Menino sent them packing back to Philly or whatever rock they crawled out from under.

I have seen them rebuffed from my hometown (Kitchener) and from where I am living now (Toronto). Police do not like them at all.

Personally? I think they should be treated as a gang of vigilantes and legally prosecuted accordingly. They're basically criminals of a different shade. Police work is for police, not for shit-headed dudes who have a security guard certification from a community college.

I hate vigilantism, and I don't like groups of people in general that are dedicated towards hate. Guardian Angels are basically a hate group. They conduct themselves like a hate group, and indoctrinate their recruits like a hate group does.

Instead of hating blacks or gays or jews or something, Guardian Angels hate "criminals". What's a criminal in the eyes of a Guardian Angel? Depends on the individual, but usually it amounts to ethnic minority teenagers, since those are the people the Guardian Angels beat up the most.

Fuck those guys.

Pony on
  • Options
    Silas BrownSilas Brown That's hobo style. Registered User regular
    edited November 2009
    The woman I like lives in Germany.

Silas Brown on
  • Options
    edited November 2009
    Inquisitor wrote: »

We could be nurgle cultists together! Spread my disease!
    I almost picked up some Warhammer fiction at the bookstore the other day.

Fortunately I resisted the urge and bought the first two books of the Dresden Files instead.

I finished both of them yesterday.

Hi I'm Vee! on
    vRyue2p.png
  • Options
    edited November 2009
    piidb

Funny, I couldn't figure out what "piidb" meant until you said that.

which just goes to show that I'm right :P

Nerissa on
  • Options
    edited November 2009
    God, I'd love to get out of the house right now.

I guess I'll start writing this paper now, *sigh*

Inquisitor on
  • Options
    _J__J_ Pedant Registered User, __BANNED USERS regular
    edited November 2009
    Richy wrote: »
    I'm a little annoyed by half-rejections too, but calling it evil seems a bit strong.
    Yeah, that's how I feel too. I'm ok with girls wanting to date me, and I'm ok with girls not wanting to date me. But when you're interested in someone and they respond with "yeah maybe but maybe not i dunno we'll see but maybe yeah unless no ask again later", it gets really frustrating really fast.

Can we replace "evil" with "malicious" and make everyone happy?

I sort of kind of want to do an experiment where I do not initiate anything with her, at all, and see if she ever initiates things with me. that seems like a sensible plan to discern her intentions. The problem is that she might be one of those girls who never initiates anything. So, if I do not initiate anything then some asshole may find that she is available and start asking her out.

It is a question of whether she has volition, choice, and decision making skills such that she can determine what she wants independent of external stimuli OR if she is someone who just reacts to whatever happens.

She says she is the former, but so far she has acted in the method of the latter. And I really do not want to risk whatever % of a chance I have at dating her on simply testing this theory.

_J_ on
  • Options
    edited November 2009
    The woman I like lives in Germany.

Inconvenience 5!

Armored Gorilla on
    "I'm a mad god. The Mad God, actually. It's a family title. Gets passed down from me to myself every few thousand years."
  • Options
    edited November 2009

I think the problem here is that you're not trying hard enough to make yourself available. What you should do is move out of your current place and just live in the bushes outside of her place. That way, if she ever calls you, you're just a few seconds away from her door. Also, if she leaves, you should follow her, to minimise the amount of time it takes to get to her.

Other things you might try are watching her through her window. This has multiple benefits. First, you can monitor her for any signs that she might want to hang out with you and you can pre-emptively fulfil that need. Also, you'll also be able to examine her behaviour so that when she finally does decide she wants to go out with you, you'll already know everything you need to know about her.

Premier kakos on
  • Options
    Donkey KongDonkey Kong Putting Nintendo out of business with AI nips Registered User regular
    edited November 2009

Now I'm hungry.

6a00d83451c86d69e200e54f41182a8834-640wi.jpg

I'm not sure if that's ranch dressing, but it BETTER be.

Donkey Kong on
    Thousands of hot, local singles are waiting to play at bubbulon.com.
  • Options
    GonmunGonmun He keeps kickin' me in the dickRegistered User regular
    edited November 2009
    Gonmun wrote: »
    Gonmun wrote: »
    So, what do Guardian Angels do? Tell you to stop loudly? How does this work? Aren't they just as likely to get fucked up? Blargh, stupid people.

Basically, and if need be they "defend themselves physically" with their "specialized training" from the higher ups that came over from the states to train them.

So, they basically commit crime while stopping crime? Error

Pretty much. Hence why all the [strike]nutjobs[/strike] winners join up.

At least they are better than the RCMP, as they can actually get charged for crimes...

Yet another reason why I'm glad my dad was a town cop and not RCMP.

Gonmun on
    desc wrote: »
    ~ * swole patrol flying roundhouse kick top performer recognition: April 2014 * ~
    If you have a sec, check out my podcast: War and Beast Twitter Facebook
  • Options
    edited November 2009
    I'm in a bit of a silly mood.

Yah, I noticed the silly mood.

Stop using it as an excuse, though. Go forth and ask the girl out already!

Passerbye on
  • Options
    JebusUDJebusUD Adventure! Candy IslandRegistered User regular
    edited November 2009
    The woman I like lives in my appt.

JebusUD on
    and I wonder about my neighbors even though I don't have them
    but they're listening to every word I say
  • Options
    edited November 2009

I sort of kind of want to do an experiment where I do not initiate anything with her, at all, and see if she ever initiates things with me. that seems like a sensible plan to discern her intentions. The problem is that she might be one of those girls who never initiates anything. So, if I do not initiate anything then some asshole may find that she is available and start asking her out.

It is a question of whether she has volition, choice, and decision making skills such that she can determine what she wants independent of external stimuli OR if she is someone who just reacts to whatever happens.

She says she is the former, but so far she has acted in the method of the latter. And I really do not want to risk whatever % of a chance I have at dating her on simply testing this theory.

http://thesaurus.reference.com/browse/evil

Armored Gorilla on
  • Options
    WinkyWinky rRegistered User regular
    edited November 2009
    The woman I like lives in Chicago. Life is inconvenient.

I live in Chicago....

Winky on
  • Options
    edited November 2009

NO! Jesus. She's not being malicious. She's not trying to fuck with you. Her reasons for answering the way she did are entirely her own. Stop thinking that you are the centre of her universe.

Also, seriously, you want to treat this like an experiment? Holy fucking christ.

Premier kakos on
  • Options
    CokebotleCokebotle 穴掘りの 電車内Registered User regular
    edited November 2009

Me too, but somewhat a bit worse than what's going on in [chat].
    Just ask her out, you wuss!

Cokebotle on
    工事中
  • Options
    edited November 2009
    I'm currently not having any girl problems, go me?

Inquisitor on
This discussion has been closed.