RustRust __BANNED USERS regular
    edited November 2009
    death to gravy

death to ranch dressing

both are awful

immediately after i tried to post this the forums crapped out, how odd

Rust on
  • Options
    Donkey KongDonkey Kong Putting Nintendo out of business with AI nips Registered User regular
    edited November 2009
    Rust wrote: »
    death to gravy

death to ranch dressing

both are awful

Sorry, I think it was the burrito I posted.

Donkey Kong on
    Thousands of hot, local singles are waiting to play at bubbulon.com.
  • Options
    Hi I'm Vee!Hi I'm Vee! Formerly VH; She/Her; Is an E X P E R I E N C E Registered User regular
    edited November 2009
    Inquisitor wrote: »
    God, I'd love to get out of the house right now.

I guess I'll start writing this paper now, *sigh*
    You better.

This is normally where I'd offer to write your paper for you, except you're one of the only people I know who would actually write a better paper than I would simply because you're familiar with the subject material.

That being said, I'm considering going to Monterey without you if you can't come.

Considering.

It would really suck, though, so finish your damn paper.

Hi I'm Vee! on
    vRyue2p.png
  • Options
    Silas BrownSilas Brown That's hobo style. Registered User regular
    edited November 2009
    Ranch dressing is the mayonnaise of things that aren't mayonnaise.

Silas Brown on
  • Options
    Premier kakosPremier kakos Registered User, ClubPA regular
    edited November 2009
    I'm currently not having any girl problems, go me?

Or so you know. I'm sure that your girl (or a girl if you don't have one) is currently scheming to fuck with you.

Premier kakos on
  • Options
    Irond WillIrond Will WARNING: NO HURTFUL COMMENTS, PLEASE!!!!! Cambridge. MAModerator Mod Emeritus
    edited November 2009
    Pony wrote: »
    Irond Will wrote: »
    Phil G. wrote: »
    So, what do Guardian Angels do? Tell you to stop loudly? How does this work? Aren't they just as likely to get fucked up? Blargh, stupid people.

They basically figure out what is barely legal under "citizen's arrest" rules and then do that. In localities where basically nothing is legal under "citizen's arrest" rules, the Guardian Angels consist of old ladies in red hats and airhorns.

In places that stupidly allow minor assault under "citizens arrest" rules apparently the Guardian Angels are the equivalent of packs of (more) stupidly-dressed Straightedge skinheads.

They were kind of a thing in, I think New York and Philly in the 70s. They tried to come to Boston a year or two ago because of I think a shooting at an afterparty? Anyways Menino sent them packing back to Philly or whatever rock they crawled out from under.

I have seen them rebuffed from my hometown (Kitchener) and from where I am living now (Toronto). Police do not like them at all.

Personally? I think they should be treated as a gang of vigilantes and legally prosecuted accordingly. They're basically criminals of a different shade. Police work is for police, not for shit-headed dudes who have a security guard certification from a community college.

I hate vigilantism, and I don't like groups of people in general that are dedicated towards hate. Guardian Angels are basically a hate group. They conduct themselves like a hate group, and indoctrinate their recruits like a hate group does.

Instead of hating blacks or gays or jews or something, Guardian Angels hate "criminals". What's a criminal in the eyes of a Guardian Angel? Depends on the individual, but usually it amounts to ethnic minority teenagers, since those are the people the Guardian Angels beat up the most.

Fuck those guys.

Seriously. The last thing the world needs is to give unhappy violent townies free license to make sure anyone they don't know in their community gets a beatdown.

Irond Will on
    Wqdwp8l.png
  • Options
    PasserbyePasserbye I am much older than you. in Beach CityRegistered User regular
    edited November 2009
    _J_, it's really simple. I've got three little words that will make this all better for you.
    MOVE ON ALREADY.

Passerbye on
  • Options
    japanjapan Registered User regular
    edited November 2009
    Not saying this is the case, but some women will do anything to avoid outright rejecting advances because it's depressingly common for some guys to take it really, really, badly.

Anything from turning into a stalker, to fits of rage, to outright violence.

japan on
  • Options
    Hi I'm Vee!Hi I'm Vee! Formerly VH; She/Her; Is an E X P E R I E N C E Registered User regular
    edited November 2009
    Passerbye wrote: »
    I'm in a bit of a silly mood.

Yah, I noticed the silly mood.

Stop using it as an excuse, though. Go forth and ask the girl out already!
    BUT I HAVE TO WAIT 3 DAYS BEFORE I CAN CALL HER THAT'S WHAT MY PUA MANUAL SAYS.

Hi I'm Vee! on
    vRyue2p.png
  • Options
    InquisitorInquisitor Registered User regular
    edited November 2009
    You better.

This is normally where I'd offer to write your paper for you, except you're one of the only people I know who would actually write a better paper than I would simply because you're familiar with the subject material.

That being said, I'm considering going to Monterey without you if you can't come.

Considering.

That assumes that my health will be up to the trip. I hope it will be. But then again my god damn fever came back today so argggghhh.

le sigh

Inquisitor on
  • Options
    Donkey KongDonkey Kong Putting Nintendo out of business with AI nips Registered User regular
    edited November 2009

Ranch dressing is mostly mayonnaise.

It's mayo, sour cream, onion, and garlic.

Donkey Kong on
  • Options
    edited November 2009
    I'm currently not having any girl problems, go me?

Or so you know. I'm sure that your girl (or a girl if you don't have one) is currently scheming to fuck with you.

God I hope so!

Inquisitor on
  • Options
    GonmunGonmun He keeps kickin' me in the dickRegistered User regular
    edited November 2009
    _J_ wrote: »
    Richy wrote: »
    I'm a little annoyed by half-rejections too, but calling it evil seems a bit strong.
    Yeah, that's how I feel too. I'm ok with girls wanting to date me, and I'm ok with girls not wanting to date me. But when you're interested in someone and they respond with "yeah maybe but maybe not i dunno we'll see but maybe yeah unless no ask again later", it gets really frustrating really fast.

I wouldn't go so far as 'evil', though.

Can we replace "evil" with "malicious" and make everyone happy?

I sort of kind of want to do an experiment where I do not initiate anything with her, at all, and see if she ever initiates things with me. that seems like a sensible plan to discern her intentions. The problem is that she might be one of those girls who never initiates anything. So, if I do not initiate anything then some asshole may find that she is available and start asking her out.

It is a question of whether she has volition, choice, and decision making skills such that she can determine what she wants independent of external stimuli OR if she is someone who just reacts to whatever happens.

She says she is the former, but so far she has acted in the method of the latter. And I really do not want to risk whatever % of a chance I have at dating her on simply testing this theory.

NO! Jesus. She's not being malicious. She's not trying to fuck with you. Her reasons for answering the way she did are entirely her own. Stop thinking that you are the centre of her universe.

Also, seriously, you want to treat this like an experiment? Holy fucking christ.

I have to say I was expecting some sort of mention of litmus paper or something.

Gonmun on
    desc wrote: »
    ~ * swole patrol flying roundhouse kick top performer recognition: April 2014 * ~
    If you have a sec, check out my podcast: War and Beast Twitter Facebook
  • Options
    Silas BrownSilas Brown That's hobo style. Registered User regular
    edited November 2009

Ranch dressing is mostly mayonnaise.

It's mayo, sour cream, onion, and garlic.

This explains it. Disgusting.

Silas Brown on
  • Options
    Phil G.Phil G. __BANNED USERS regular
    edited November 2009
    I have army problems. Does this count?

Phil G. on
  • Options
    Premier kakosPremier kakos Registered User, ClubPA regular
    edited November 2009
    japan wrote: »
    Not saying this is the case, but some women will do anything to avoid outright rejecting advances because it's depressingly common for some guys to take it really, really, badly.

Anything from turning into a stalker, to fits of rage, to outright violence.

So, what _J_ is doing right now?

Premier kakos on
  • Options
    edited November 2009
    You better.

Considering.

That assumes that my health will be up to the trip. I hope it will be. But then again my god damn fever came back today so argggghhh.

le sigh
    Well, if you're still sick by the weekend, there's nothing we can do about it.

But it would really suck if your cold/flu cleared up but you hadn't managed to finish your paper.

Hi I'm Vee! on
    vRyue2p.png
  • Options
    JebusUDJebusUD Adventure! Candy IslandRegistered User regular
    edited November 2009
    Asking THE INTERNET for relationship advice is like going to Hardees (Carls Jr) for diet advice.

Either way, you'll come back at 1am for a 2200 calorie breakfast burrito.
    Now I'm hungry.

6a00d83451c86d69e200e54f41182a8834-640wi.jpg

I'm not sure if that's ranch dressing, but it BETTER be.

I just made one that looks kinda like that.

Breakfast burritos are the best.

JebusUD on
    and I wonder about my neighbors even though I don't have them
    but they're listening to every word I say
  • Options
    PasserbyePasserbye I am much older than you. in Beach CityRegistered User regular
    edited November 2009
    death to gravy

death to ranch dressing

both are awful

Death to gravy?

Seriously?

Passerbye on
  • Options
    _J__J_ Pedant Registered User, __BANNED USERS regular
    edited November 2009
    _J_, it's really simple. I've got three little words that will make this all better for you.
    MOVE ON ALREADY.

But what if I move on at the point moments before she would have found that she thinks me delightful and a catch? That would suck!

I dunno. I mostly think that I obviously cannot keep this up for long (that's what she said) but am willing to keep it up for as long as I can in the hopes that she thinks "HOly fuck, he IS awesome."

_J_ on
  • Options
    edited November 2009
    Pony wrote: »
    Phil G. wrote: »
    So, what do Guardian Angels do? Tell you to stop loudly? How does this work? Aren't they just as likely to get fucked up? Blargh, stupid people.

They basically figure out what is barely legal under "citizen's arrest" rules and then do that. In localities where basically nothing is legal under "citizen's arrest" rules, the Guardian Angels consist of old ladies in red hats and airhorns.

In places that stupidly allow minor assault under "citizens arrest" rules apparently the Guardian Angels are the equivalent of packs of (more) stupidly-dressed Straightedge skinheads.

They were kind of a thing in, I think New York and Philly in the 70s. They tried to come to Boston a year or two ago because of I think a shooting at an afterparty? Anyways Menino sent them packing back to Philly or whatever rock they crawled out from under.

I have seen them rebuffed from my hometown (Kitchener) and from where I am living now (Toronto). Police do not like them at all.

Personally? I think they should be treated as a gang of vigilantes and legally prosecuted accordingly. They're basically criminals of a different shade. Police work is for police, not for shit-headed dudes who have a security guard certification from a community college.

I hate vigilantism, and I don't like groups of people in general that are dedicated towards hate. Guardian Angels are basically a hate group. They conduct themselves like a hate group, and indoctrinate their recruits like a hate group does.

Instead of hating blacks or gays or jews or something, Guardian Angels hate "criminals". What's a criminal in the eyes of a Guardian Angel? Depends on the individual, but usually it amounts to ethnic minority teenagers, since those are the people the Guardian Angels beat up the most.

Fuck those guys.

Seriously. The last thing the world needs is to give unhappy violent townies free license to make sure anyone they don't know in their community gets a beatdown.

God there isn't enough lime in the world.

Gonmun on
    ~ * swole patrol flying roundhouse kick top performer recognition: April 2014 * ~
  • Options
    Irond WillIrond Will WARNING: NO HURTFUL COMMENTS, PLEASE!!!!! Cambridge. MAModerator Mod Emeritus
    edited November 2009
    Okay I'm going home and going to play MW2.

I suck. I will never finish a video game again.

I think that the last one I actually finished was Mass Effect. Or maybe Fallout 3.

Irond Will on
    Wqdwp8l.png
  • Options
    Phil G.Phil G. __BANNED USERS regular
    edited November 2009
    MOVE ON ALREADY.

But what if I move on at the point moments before she would have found that she thinks me delightful and a catch? That would suck!

I dunno. I mostly think that I obviously cannot keep this up for long (that's what she said) but am willing to keep it up for as long as I can in the hopes that she thinks "HOly fuck, he IS awesome."

Oh dear jesus.

Dude, move on. Please

Phil G. on
  • Options
    SenjutsuSenjutsu thot enthusiast Registered User regular
    edited November 2009
    Autism Spectrum Disorder

Senjutsu on
  • Options
    edited November 2009

Do it. Call her.

Or I will call you a Weenie forever.

Passerbye on
  • Options
    Armored GorillaArmored Gorilla Registered User regular
    edited November 2009
    Winky wrote: »
    The woman I like lives in Chicago. Life is inconvenient.

I live in Chicago....

Her family lives in my area. If / when she comes back for the holidays, I'll tell her how I feel and go from there. It's not complicated, it just is.

Armored Gorilla on
    "I'm a mad god. The Mad God, actually. It's a family title. Gets passed down from me to myself every few thousand years."
  • Options
    edited November 2009
    Well like I said, I shall begin writing the paper now VH. Well, right after I finish taking my temperature, actually.

Inquisitor on
  • Options
    JebusUDJebusUD Adventure! Candy IslandRegistered User regular
    edited November 2009
    death to gravy

death to ranch dressing

both are awful

you dumb.

JebusUD on
    and I wonder about my neighbors even though I don't have them
    but they're listening to every word I say
  • Options
    edited November 2009
    I don't really like brown gravy. Plain meat drippings are way better for juicing up meat and filling mashed potato volcanos.

Donkey Kong on
  • Options
    Captain CarrotCaptain Carrot Alexandria, VARegistered User regular
    edited November 2009
    MOVE ON ALREADY.

That way lies months if not years of pain. Separate yourself from her and either take a break or look for someone else.

Captain Carrot on
  • Options
    RustRust __BANNED USERS regular
    edited November 2009
    death to gravy

death to ranch dressing

both are awful

Death to gravy?

Seriously?

sometimes i just stare furiously at a picture of a gravy tureen and then go have a lie down

Rust on
  • Options
    RichyRichy Registered User regular
    edited November 2009
    Man, looking at that last picture of ElJeffe's kids in the Halloween Costume thread, my first thought was "how does a parent let his young kid go out on Halloween in a skirt?"

Then I remembered that Jeffe is in California, and doesn't get sub-zero temperatures on Halloween.

That's how used I am to the north: it takes me time to remember that there are parts of the world that are not frozen over. How sad is that?

Richy on
    sig.gif
  • Options
    CokebotleCokebotle 穴掘りの 電車内Registered User regular
    edited November 2009
    Depending on the gravy, I agree with Rust.

Ranch dressing really is awful, though.

Cokebotle on
    工事中
  • Options
    edited November 2009

Do it. Call her.

Or I will call you a Weenie forever.

*psst* Don't you do that already?

Gonmun on
  • Options
    SenjutsuSenjutsu thot enthusiast Registered User regular
    edited November 2009
    Man, looking at that last picture of ElJeffe's kids in the Halloween Costume thread, my first thought was "how does a parent let his young kid go out on Halloween in a skirt?"

Then I remembered that Jeffe is in California, and doesn't get sub-zero temperatures on Halloween.

That's how used I am to the north: it takes me time to remember that there are parts of the world that are not frozen over. How sad is that?

Yeah I kept trying to figure out where the snowpants were supposed to fit under it

Senjutsu on
  • Options
    edited November 2009
    MOVE ON ALREADY.

You have no control over that. She will make her own choices. You're not married to her, you're not in a significant relationship, you're not even dating. You owe her nothing, despite what your feelings might tell you. We're not saying 'burn all bridges', we're saying 'look for other ladies, don't model your life with her at the center, and just be cool'.

Passerbye on
  • Options
    edited November 2009

It was frickin' 16 here on Halloween. I had my son bundled up in a spring coat under his costume. Poor kid was sweating like mad so we got it off him. Oh god the smell though. :P

Gonmun on
  • Options
    _J__J_ Pedant Registered User, __BANNED USERS regular
    edited November 2009
    So, what _J_ is doing right now?

I am behaving in a manner befitting a guy who is interested in a girl who has yet to say "no". When she says "no" that means "no".

When she says "I really want to take a break from dating and work on being friends but I could see us possibly working and I am thinking about what I really want and how this might work so it could happen in the future I just do not know but for now I want to work on getting friends and working on some of my own issues" that is not "no".

If she just said "no" I would be at home right now being sad but, you know, far less consternated.

_J_ on
  • Options
    japanjapan Registered User regular
    edited November 2009
    My mother is visiting. She came down to help us get moved in, but I took the previous week off work, so we pretty much are moved in.

Her desire to make herself useful has led to her alphabetising two thirds of our bookshelves, and our DVDs.

japan on
  • Options
    edited November 2009
    Well like I said, I shall begin writing the paper now VH. Well, right after I finish taking my temperature, actually.
    LOOK STOP ARGUING WITH ME AND WRITE THE DAMN PAPER.

Hi I'm Vee! on
    vRyue2p.png
This discussion has been closed.