Options

[Chat] Dog Man

• Options
    TL DRTL DR Not at all confident in his reflexive opinions of thingsRegistered User regular
    edited November 2009
    Alecthar wrote: »
    Winky wrote: »
    Sometimes I'm stricken with complete terror at the possibility that I invented my closest friends.

As in, they don't exist at all, and they're just figments of my imagination.

I sometimes used to wonder if I was really living how I perceived, or if I could be in a padded room somewhere acting as though I was driving and talking to people and the like.

It bugs me because most of the people who I enjoy the most in life I met through complete coincidence, and usually in ways that were pretty improbable.

If it makes you feel better, it couldn't have happened any other way. There is a direct causal relationship between the events at the beginning of the universe and the events relating to you meeting these people.

Well, yeah. It's so comforting to think about how nothing in the universe could have happened differently than it did, so when we execute a murderer, we're essentially killing a human being for something that they could never have avoided doing. Though, it gets a little better when you realize we had no choice in the matter either.

Moral responsibility is an interesting illusion. Some people get pretty defensive when you try to explain why free will doesn't really exist.

TL DR on
  • Options
    QuidQuid Definitely not a banana Registered User regular
    edited November 2009
    I just go out and have fun with friends and drink.

If I'm locked up in a padded room somewhere then I'm clearly having a blast.

Quid on
  • Options
    PasserbyePasserbye I am much older than you. in Beach CityRegistered User regular
    edited November 2009
    Senjutsu wrote: »
    Passerbye wrote: »
    one of us

one of us

Alright, I'll start from the beginning and try to get past 2001 this time.

Just for you, you dirty Canadian bastard. :P

You will come out of it a changed woman

I'm not sure how I feel about that.

It's complicated enough being female. Life changing comics might be too much.

Passerbye on
  • Options
    SenjutsuSenjutsu thot enthusiast Registered User regular
    edited November 2009
    one of us

one of us

Alright, I'll start from the beginning and try to get past 2001 this time.

Just for you, you dirty Canadian bastard. :P

You will come out of it a changed woman

I'm not sure how I feel about that.

It's complicated enough being female. Life changing comics might be too much.

It's mind expanding in all the right ways

trust

Senjutsu on
  • Options
    ElendilElendil Registered User regular
    edited November 2009
    I just stumbled upon this whole wonderful Oregon Trail arc

Elendil on
  • Options
    AlectharAlecthar Alan Shore We're not territorial about that sort of thing, are we?Registered User regular
    edited November 2009
    Sometimes I'm stricken with complete terror at the possibility that I invented my closest friends.

I sometimes used to wonder if I was really living how I perceived, or if I could be in a padded room somewhere acting as though I was driving and talking to people and the like.

It bugs me because most of the people who I enjoy the most in life I met through complete coincidence, and usually in ways that were pretty improbable.

If it makes you feel better, it couldn't have happened any other way. There is a direct causal relationship between the events at the beginning of the universe and the events relating to you meeting these people.

Well, yeah. It's so comforting to think about how nothing in the universe could have happened differently than it did, so when we execute a murderer, we're essentially killing a human being for something that they could never have avoided doing. Though, it gets a little better when you realize we had no choice in the matter either.

Moral responsibility is an interesting illusion. Some people get pretty defensive when you try to explain why free will doesn't really exist.

That's kind of a stretch. Leaving aside the fact that free will and causality are a huge philosophical (and I mean "relating to the discipline of Philosophy") discussion, didn't Stephen Hawking recently talk about how some features of black holes call into question our assumptions about the ironclad nature of cause and effect?

Alecthar on
  • Options
    TL DRTL DR Not at all confident in his reflexive opinions of thingsRegistered User regular
    edited November 2009

That's kind of a stretch. Leaving aside the fact that free will and causality are a huge philosophical (and I mean "relating to the discipline of Philosophy") discussion, didn't Stephen Hawking recently talk about how some features of black holes call into question our assumptions about the ironclad nature of cause and effect?

Got a link? I'd love to find something to make me abandon determinism.

TL DR on
  • Options
    edited November 2009
    Elendil wrote: »
    I just stumbled upon this whole wonderful Oregon Trail arc

Hiram is a playa

Senjutsu on
  • Options
    edited November 2009
    and it's immediately followed by the part where Ray calls up newspaper comic characters

Elendil on
  • Options
    edited November 2009
    what a time to be alive

Senjutsu on
  • Options
    AlectharAlecthar Alan Shore We're not territorial about that sort of thing, are we?Registered User regular
    edited November 2009

Here's the article. It's not the one I read a while back that you reminded me of by talking about determinism, but it contains the gist of it. I guess Hawking considers the problem solved. I hadn't read that before now. Either way, something to think about.

Alecthar on
  • Options
    PasserbyePasserbye I am much older than you. in Beach CityRegistered User regular
    edited November 2009
    My hat is off to you for that wonderful joke.

Passerbye on
  • Options
    edited November 2009
    I have now amassed a healthy sample of Achewoods to be posted when they're least expected

Elendil on
  • Options
    BobCescaBobCesca Is a girl Birmingham, UKRegistered User regular
    edited November 2009
    hola [chat].

BobCesca on
  • Options
    Premier kakosPremier kakos Registered User, ClubPA regular
    edited November 2009
    Seriously, don't you Achewood fuckers have a fucking thread where you can all spooge over that horrible piece of shit?

Premier kakos on
  • Options
    edited November 2009
    Elendil wrote: »
    I have now amassed a healthy sample of Achewoods to be posted when they're least expected
    girlscaredandwet3513205.jpg

TL DR on
  • Options
    edited November 2009
    Watch how Kakos opens his mouth... it's kind of gross.

Passerbye on
  • Options
    Fuzzy Cumulonimbus CloudFuzzy Cumulonimbus Cloud Registered User regular
    edited November 2009

Here's the article. It's not the one I read a while back that you reminded me of by talking about determinism, but it contains the gist of it. I guess Hawking considers the problem solved. I hadn't read that before now. Either way, something to think about.

Okay Orson Scott Card, it was a neat story line, but this line of reasoning is dumb on so many levels.
    Ughhhh, my passionate hatred for determinism grows.

Fuzzy Cumulonimbus Cloud on
  • Options
    edited November 2009
    Watch how Kakos opens his mouth... it's kind of gross.

ehehehe

Senjutsu on
  • Options
    RonaldoTheGypsyRonaldoTheGypsy Yes, yes Registered User regular
    edited November 2009
    br huehuehuehueuheuhe

RonaldoTheGypsy on
  • Options
    edited November 2009
    Premier kakos on
  • Options
    ElkiElki get busy Moderator, ClubPA Mod Emeritus
    edited November 2009
    Tomorrow is a very special Cooking Tuesday.

Elki on
    smCQ5WE.jpg
  • Options
    edited November 2009
    This one is just cute.
    uuadQFxPZ.gif

Passerbye on
  • Options
    edited November 2009
    Guess what?

Elki on
    smCQ5WE.jpg
  • Options
    FrosteeyFrosteey Elaise 1521-2945-8940Registered User regular
    edited November 2009
    Elki wrote: »
    Guess what?

Lasagna?

Frosteey on
  • Options
    edited November 2009
    Guess what?

No.

You're a mod, the answer might be scary. D:

Passerbye on
  • Options
    CokebotleCokebotle 穴掘りの 電車内Registered User regular
    edited November 2009
    Frosteey wrote: »
    Guess what?

Lasagna?

Asparagas Casserole?

Cokebotle on
    工事中
  • Options
    So It GoesSo It Goes We keep moving...Registered User regular
    edited November 2009
    Oops spent two hours playing Torchlight.

So It Goes on
  • Options
    edited November 2009
    Guess what?

If you say you're banning posting of Achewood comics from the [chat] thread, I will love you forever.

Premier kakos on
  • Options
    edited November 2009
    Guess what?

If you say you're banning posting of Achewood comics from the [chat] thread, I will love you forever.

Why do you hate freedom?

So It Goes on
  • Options
    Element BrianElement Brian Peanut Butter Shill Registered User regular
    edited November 2009
    Guess what?

Secret Sodomizers?

He's giving us our Secret Sodomizer assignments.

Element Brian on
    Switch FC code:SW-2130-4285-0059

Arch,
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t_goGR39m2k
  • Options
    edited November 2009
    Guess what?

Booo! Booooo! Get off the stage!

Passerbye on
  • Options
    edited November 2009
    I was gonna open a tab and search for something but in the time it took me to finish reading the page and go to the new tab I forgot what.

So It Goes on
  • Options
    edited November 2009
    Nobody guessed right!

Elki on
    smCQ5WE.jpg
  • Options
    edited November 2009
    So It Goes wrote: »
    Guess what?

Why do you hate freedom?

The right to post your shitty webcomics ends where the other man's [chat] begins.

Premier kakos on
  • Options
    HappylilElfHappylilElf Registered User regular
    edited November 2009
    So I hade fun getting drunk while playing Warhammer tonihgt.

What's next?

Install Call of Duty: Modern Warfare and play it while already drunk.

People who say Mondays' suck are fools.

FOOLS I tell you.

HappylilElf on
  • Options
    edited November 2009
    Here's what you didn't guess: deacon is a white guy.

Surprise!

hehehehe

Elki on
    smCQ5WE.jpg
  • Options
    edited November 2009
    Here's what you didn't guess: deacon is a white guy.

Surprise!

hehehehe

No way.

So It Goes on
  • Options
    L|amaL|ama Registered User regular
    edited November 2009
    did you guys honestly not catch wind of that yet? He came out like a week ago

L|ama on
  • Options
    edited November 2009
    Who's Deacon?

Passerbye on
This discussion has been closed.