As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

Age of Conan gets first expansion

123457»

• OddBallOddBall Registered User regular
    edited May 2010
    I got a buddy code sent to my gmail O_o

OddBall on
  • LittleBootsLittleBoots Registered User regular
    edited May 2010
    OddBall wrote: »
    I got a buddy code sent to my gmail O_o

welp.

LittleBoots on

Tofu wrote: Here be Littleboots, destroyer of threads and master of drunkposting.
  • ZzuluZzulu Registered User regular
    edited May 2010
    tried sending it again. Not sure why it is not showing up for you

Zzulu on
    t5qfc9.jpg
    edited May 2010
    hm, it just says
    "You have already recruited a friend with this e-mail address
    Change the e-mail to recruit another friend."

so the email is sent but didn't arrive?

Zzulu on
    t5qfc9.jpg
  • MrIamMeMrIamMe Registered User regular
    edited May 2010
    Check spam filters, junk mail etc.

Im thinking of checking this game out.

Is it casual friendly?

MrIamMe on
    edited May 2010
    not at endgame, no

Zzulu on
    t5qfc9.jpg
  • DissociaterDissociater Registered User regular
    edited May 2010
    I also didn't receive my buddy key in gmail, and it didn't end up in my junk box either.

Anyways, the game seems pretty decent so far. I've been playing a dark templar and am at level 13 or so. I'm playing on a pve server.

E. Also, I have to say, more than anything else, the game makes me want to watch the Conan movies again.

Dissociater on
  • Modern ManModern Man Registered User regular
    edited May 2010
    MrIamMe wrote: »
    Check spam filters, junk mail etc.

Im thinking of checking this game out.

Is it casual friendly?
    You can level on your own pretty easily and experience a large majority of the game's content. I haven't had much trouble getting groups for lower level dungeons, either.

I don't know about end-game content, since I never hit 80 the first time I played a couple of years ago and my current main is level 46.

If you're more of a casual player, I'd suggest one of the PvE servers. You can still PvP in mini-games and in certain zones, but you won't have some 14 year-old ass clown killing you while you talk to a quest NPC.

Modern Man on
    Aetian Jupiter - 41 Gunslinger - The Old Republic
    Rigorous Scholarship

edited May 2010
    Are there only 4 servers? Or are those the only ones available to trial members?

Dissociater on
    edited May 2010
    Don't know how it is in America but in Europe they only have 4, yes. One of each type:

PvP, PvE, PvPRP, PvERP.

Then there's a handful more with localized language

Zzulu on
    t5qfc9.jpg
    edited May 2010
    In my list there are two called 'general' one called pvp, and one called pvprp. Didn't see one called PVERP. Is there any difference between the US and Euro versions?

Dissociater on
    edited May 2010
    Don't think so.

Also my verdict is in on the expansion:

Nice try, but ultimately boils down to mindless zombie grinding and little else. I am already bored of it

Zzulu on
    t5qfc9.jpg
  • BullheadBullhead Registered User regular
    edited May 2010
    In my list there are two called 'general' one called pvp, and one called pvprp. Didn't see one called PVERP. Is there any difference between the US and Euro versions?

IIRC, Wiccana bills itself as the unofficial RP PVE server. Set being the other PVE (general) server

Bullhead on
    96058.png?1619393207
    edited May 2010
    Bullhead wrote: »

IIRC, Wiccana bills itself as the unofficial RP PVE server. Set being the other PVE (general) server
    For a number of players on Wiccana, "RP" translates to naked female toons cybering in the Serpent's Head Inn.

Modern Man on
    Rigorous Scholarship

• BullheadBullhead Registered User regular
    edited May 2010
    Modern Man wrote: »

For a number of players on Wiccana, "RP" translates to naked female toons cybering in the Serpent's Head Inn.

Hahah did not know this, but I guess that's not surprising either.

Bullhead on
    96058.png?1619393207
    edited May 2010
    Modern Man wrote: »

Hahah did not know this, but I guess that's not surprising either.
    I went in there to talk to a quest NPC the other day and overheard some hot Priestess of Mitra on Assassin action. These folks put some effort into their cybering, that's for sure.

Of course, odds are it was two dudes playing those female toons, so that's kind of a buzzkill.

Modern Man on
    Rigorous Scholarship