As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

PAX Forum Secret Santa 2009: Post pics and thank yous!

• Options
    whypick1whypick1 PAX [E] Info Booth Manager ~2' from an LCDRegistered User regular
    edited December 2009
    Despite how much of a dog it can be at times (it seriously takes close to 10 minutes to go from power button to actually being able to do stuff in Outlook), I think the 2.33GHz Core2 processor and FireGL V5200 in this laptop will be able to handle it. The question is will Steam let me either go into Offline Mode nicely or let me connect through either my work VPN or through China's Great Firewall.

whypick1 on
    Is it PAX <insert nearest future PAX here> yet?
  • Options
    VThornheartVThornheart Registered User regular
    edited December 2009
    Yay! You had me worried there for a bit, glad you got it! Phew =)=) I'd read something on your Twitter that made it sound like you were leaving town soon, and I was like "Damn, I've got to make a move before it's too late!" =)

I didn't realize it wasn't until January that you were leaving, or else I wouldn't have made such a panicked post. =) lol

EDIT: Also, I deeply, deeply sympathize with the whole "Dragon Age making you forget about life" thing. I'm in the same boat right now. =) I'm trying to tear through it so that I can get my life back, I just can't put it down until it's done. =)

VThornheart on
    3DS Friend Code: 1950-8938-9095
  • Options
    whypick1whypick1 PAX [E] Info Booth Manager ~2' from an LCDRegistered User regular
    edited December 2009
    EDIT: Also, I deeply, deeply sympathize with the whole "Dragon Age making you forget about life" thing. I'm in the same boat right now. =) I'm trying to tear through it so that I can get my life back, I just can't put it down until it's done. =)

I've managed to tear myself away from the game a couple of times due to getting flat out stuck in places. Right now, it's the goddamn boss with the Anvil of the Void. Multiple waves of Darkspawn, tentacles, melee attacks that either stun or knock you off your feet AND spits acid with large splash damage that can hit you anywhere in the room? Fucking cheap if you ask me.

whypick1 on
  • Options
    AsiinaAsiina ... WaterlooRegistered User regular
    edited December 2009
    mentok1982 wrote: »
    I got some groovy things from Meghan Dale.

img0126tl.th.jpg

I love you Meghan!

<3

There's some more stuff coming! I wasn't able to send a personal package this year because of time constraints, but I hope you like the internet delivered items!

Asiina on
  • Options
    Kwisatz HaderachKwisatz Haderach Registered User regular
    edited December 2009
    Thanks to my Secret Santa, I no longer need to fear the bloody, nerve-wracking damage to the hands that comes from opening clamshell packaging - you have no IDEA how many Band-Aids I go through...

Presenting: the electric Zip-It Opener!

img7382.jpg

Thank you Secret Santa, I am now ready for Christmas Morning. Only one problem: I know not from whom this lovely device was sent, as there was no note included in the box! Secret Santa, give me a sign, so I know who to thank?

- Sean

Kwisatz Haderach on
    Twitter: @Quintonious (new, infrequently post)
    PSN: Quintonious
  • Options
    edited December 2009
    I know for a fact that I put something in the Gift Message field for you Kwisatz...anywho, 'twas I who was your Secret Santa.

whypick1 on
  • Options
    WormdundeeWormdundee Registered User regular
    edited December 2009
    I'm curious whether the zip-it opener came in a clamshell package.

Wormdundee on
  • Options
    SlickShughesSlickShughes Registered User regular
    edited December 2009
    The one they used to sell on think geek did, but I think that was a different brand.

SlickShughes on
  • Options
    mentok1982mentok1982 I could never leave you PAX baby. BaltimoreRegistered User regular
    edited December 2009
    Asiina wrote: »
    I got some groovy things from Meghan Dale.

img0126tl.th.jpg

I love you Meghan!

<3

There's some more stuff coming! I wasn't able to send a personal package this year because of time constraints, but I hope you like the internet delivered items!

Hwah? I wonder what it could be!

mentok1982 on
    Penny Arcade TV makes my life complete!
    PS3: Mentok || Steam: mentok1982 || Diablo 3: mentok1982#1212
    Links: GPUReview.com My IGN activity My IGN Blog [H]ard|Forum
  • Options
    Kwisatz HaderachKwisatz Haderach Registered User regular
    edited December 2009
    whypick1 wrote: »
    I know for a fact that I put something in the Gift Message field for you Kwisatz...anywho, 'twas I who was your Secret Santa.

Checked and re-checked every scrap that came in the box, nada - I mean, it had your standard name-and-address, but no special message ID'ing you anywhere I could see. A mountain of thanks to you nonetheless, I didn't even know something like this existed!

Wormdundee wrote: »
    I'm curious whether the zip-it opener came in a clamshell package.

Haha luckily no, it came in a cardboard box - that would have been painfully, painfully redundant, and rest assured I would have posted pictures of it still in the package had that been the case. Wouldn't put it past those Thinkgeek guys to pull something like that, though..."Opening Instructions: You need the product in the packaging to open the packaging holding the product needed to open the packaging with the product inside. Good luck." o_O

Kwisatz Haderach on
    Twitter: @Quintonious (new, infrequently post)
    PSN: Quintonious
  • Options
    edited December 2009

Checked and re-checked every scrap that came in the box, nada - I mean, it had your standard name-and-address, but no special message ID'ing you anywhere I could see. A mountain of thanks to you nonetheless, I didn't even know something like this existed!

Just make sure you use it wisely. Don't do something like this stupid jerk did :P.

whypick1 on
  • Options
    EvilBadmanEvilBadman DO NOT TRUST THIS MAN Registered User regular
    edited December 2009
    I'm in two Santa pools this year, so if you sent an amazon package to Saintly Gooddude, it has been received.

EvilBadman on
    FyreWulff wrote: »
    I should note that Badman is fucking awesome
    XBL- Evil Badman; Steam- EvilBadman; Twitter - EvilBadman
  • Options
    MeeOkMeeOk Registered User regular
    edited December 2009
    Eeeeeeeeeee thank you Drobro! Your seekrit santa gift was awesome!

http://img390.yfrog.com/i/9lgy.jpg/

now if I could just figure out where the fark I put my dice bag.. <3<3<3 Yay for two Changeling books I've wanted!

MeeOk on
  • Options
    LigerLiger Registered User regular
    edited December 2009
    Today was a day like any other. I had some errands to run before work. First, selling a 360 game to a fellow Enforcer, then answering a call I got from the lovely miss MeeOk. "My lanyard needs repairs!" she texted to me. "and I'm going out of town soon. Can you come by?"

Of course! The plastic thingies break sometimes. I grabbed my bag of maille tricks and headed over. Hangouts were severely overdue anyway, so I showed up a little early. DING-DONG.

She answered her door in the usual fashion. "Hey Chica! Come on in." What followed was most unusual.

"I miiiiight have brought you here on false pretenses," she admits with a coy tilt to her head. "Oh?" I say, stupidly. Before I could begin to question what her devious plans may be, she yells "Surprise!" and...
    c821_knuckle_duster_corkscrew.jpg
    (Apologies for the pic. I will get my OWN up here tonight once I buy a bottle that needs opening!)

Wrapped so elegantly in festive green and red paper with a big red poofy bow, she thrusts this lovely little ThinkGeek gem into my hands! I was so shocked, my ability to speak was temporarily disabled. I can't wait to try it tonight! I am so excited. ^_^ Thank you Santa MeeOk! <3

Liger on
    5932306549_6b4d957b56.jpg CUSTOM LANYARDS FOR PAX
  • Options
    edited December 2009
    LTACOSTA!!!!!

It's hard to express how incredibly, utterly, amazingly full of win your Secret Santa present is! WOW!!!

I just got it today, check it out!
    2009-12-07183005.jpg
    2009-12-07183126.jpg
    2009-12-07183203.jpg
    2009-12-07184355.jpg

Also, it should be noted that, indeed, the Retro Duo is compact. See it compared to my kitten? =)

2009-12-07183303.jpg

She even gave me 2 awesome and full-of-win games from her own collection! =) Starfox, fuck yeah! Wooooot! =)

You are, without a doubt, the most awesome Secret Santa ever! ^5 LTACosta!!! =)=)

VThornheart on
  • Options
    LTAcostaLTAcosta Boston, MARegistered User regular
    edited December 2009
    LTACOSTA!!!!!

It's hard to express how incredibly, utterly, amazingly full of win your Secret Santa present is! WOW!!!

2009-12-07183005.jpg
    2009-12-07183126.jpg
    2009-12-07183203.jpg
    2009-12-07184355.jpg

Also, it should be noted that, indeed, the Retro Duo is compact. See it compared to my kitten? =)

2009-12-07183303.jpg

She even gave me 2 awesome and full-of-win games from her own collection! =) Starfox, fuck yeah! Wooooot! =)

You are, without a doubt, the most awesome Secret Santa ever! ^5 LTACosta!!! =)=)

No problem... except I'm a "he" LOL :P

LTAcosta on
    AN9buWz.png
  • Options
    SumiSumi Abbotsford, BCRegistered User regular
    edited December 2009
    LTAcosta wrote: »
    LTACOSTA!!!!!

2009-12-07183005.jpg
    2009-12-07183126.jpg
    2009-12-07183203.jpg
    2009-12-07184355.jpg

2009-12-07183303.jpg

Maybe someone is getting you confused with your sister. o_O

Sumi on
    Standard Action, it's a webseries.
  • Options
    LTAcostaLTAcosta Boston, MARegistered User regular
    edited December 2009
    Sumi wrote: »
    LTAcosta wrote: »
    LTACOSTA!!!!!

2009-12-07183005.jpg
    2009-12-07183126.jpg
    2009-12-07183203.jpg
    2009-12-07184355.jpg

2009-12-07183303.jpg

Maybe someone is getting you confused with your sister. o_O

Haha, I dont know. Maybe :P

LTAcosta on
    AN9buWz.png
  • Options
    edited December 2009
    Anyways, I can't read the note. I think VT posted it just to tempt us. I'm going nuts.

Sumi on
  • Options
    edited December 2009
    lol! I don't think we ever met IRL, for some reason I thought you were a she! Eek, my apologies! =) I think it was your Twitter pic that gave me the wrong idea. =) Well, you did an awesome and amazing Secret Santa job, I love it! <3=)

EDIT: Ah, the twitter image DID throw me off! I remembered just now, we met this last PAX, albeit very briefly! I think we met outside during the last button exchange? (smacks forehead) Curse my terrible memory. =(

Oh, the note says: (Sorry, my picture taking is horrible =) lol)
    Mr. Vendal Thornheart

When looking across the long list of good gamers this year, I was stumped when I got to your name. At first I was very unsure about what I would have the elves make for you since you are so much more awesome and deserving than most of the other good gamers. When I stumbled across the wish list you posted on Penny Arcade, I first reconsidered moving you from the good list to the needs restraining order list, but eventually I figured you were just an adoring fan. Anyways, I saw from that list that you, like myself, fancy classic gaming, and that instantly told me what I would get you for Christmas. So here you are friend, enjoy.

Santa (LTAcosta)

P.S. I wasn't sure whether or not you still owned your old cartridges, so I included a couple copies of my favorites. :)

You rock LTAcosta! =)

VThornheart on
  • Options
    tr0tskytr0tsky Registered User regular
    edited December 2009
    Anyways, I can't read the note. I think VT posted it just to tempt us. I'm going nuts.
    Letter wrote:
    Mr. Vendal Thornheart

When looking across my long list of good gamers this year, I was stumped when I got to your name. At first I was very ????? about what I would have the elves make for you since you are so much more awesome and deserving than most of the other good gamers. When I stumbled across the wish list you posted on Penny Arcade, I first reconsidered moving you fromt he good list to the needs restraining order list, but eventually I figured you were just an adoring fan. Anyways, I saw from that list that you, like myself, fancy classic gaming, and that instantly told me what I would get you for Christmas. So here you are friend, enjoy.

Santa (LT Acosta)

P.S. - I wasn't sure whether or not you still owned your old cartridges, so I included a couple copies of my favorites. :)

Missing a word...but oh well :P

edit: Apparently I should check the next page for new posts before responding...le sigh

edit2: LTACosta shall be forever known as the spawn of the most horrendous PAXassassin this world has known...

tr0tsky on
  • Options
    s7arbucks7arbuck Registered User regular
    edited December 2009
    I just got my gift today.
    THANKS WORMDUNDEE!!!
    this will seriously probably be my best and favorite gift of this season (seeing how i don;t really care TOO much about gifts) but again, THANKS! i truly appreciate these and will enjoy them :)
    photo2.jpg
    photo2.jpg
    photo2.jpg

(edited for actual pic codes....)

s7arbuck on
  • Options
    WormdundeeWormdundee Registered User regular
    edited December 2009
    Glad you like it :D

Wormdundee on
  • Options
    mentok1982mentok1982 I could never leave you PAX baby. BaltimoreRegistered User regular
    edited December 2009
    <3

I have not received anything else yet.
    Does "Internet delivered items" mean that I am supposed to be getting digital games or online munnies?

mentok1982 on
  • Options
    edited December 2009
    <3

Does "Internet delivered items" mean that I am supposed to be getting digital games or online munnies?

It's only been a week. Calm down.

Asiina on
  • Options
    edited December 2009
    <3

Well if you've sent real world items to me that were simply bought on the Internet then I am going to start freaking out about people stealing stuff from in front of my door. If you sent digital things to me and I have not received them, then I am going to start thinking that they were sent to the wrong person.

Basically, I am freaking out. I will attempt to calm down.

mentok1982 on
  • Options
    chupamiubrechupamiubre Registered User regular
    edited December 2009
    Sorry for being a bit late but WOOT too mentok1982 for the 2 kickass games from steam!

I guess this will have to get me off my ass and upgrade my pc finally. My poor x800 you have served me well. Now time for a i7 extreme with dual 5970 and a 2k watt PSU. Oh and 12gb of ram overclocked.

Or maybe not, but regardless thank you very much.

chupamiubre on
    <ZeroHourHero> I have a tiny penis
    <Qs23> I just need to get my dicks in a row
    <prox> i work for dicks
    #paforums_pax, all about the dicks.
  • Options
    ArcoArco Registered User regular
    edited December 2009
    Yaaaaaaay, stuff came today!
    Photoon2009-12-09at1504.jpg

Arco on
    Like this, not like the gas station.
    Organizer of the Post-PAX Party. You should come!
    Satellite Theater for life!
  • Options
    edited December 2009
    Sorry for being a bit late but WOOT too mentok1982 for the 2 kickass games from steam!

I guess this will have to get me off my ass and upgrade my pc finally. My poor x800 you have served me well. Now time for a i7 extreme with dual 5970 and a 2k watt PSU. Oh and 12gb of ram overclocked.

Or maybe not, but regardless thank you very much.

I wanted to get you F.E.A.R 2 but it was still like $40.

mentok1982 on
  • Options
    Atlus ParkerAtlus Parker Registered User regular
    edited December 2009
    Arco wrote: »
    Yaaaaaaay, stuff came today!
    Photoon2009-12-09at1504.jpg

You were sent a note thanking your secret santa for a nonexistent gift?

Atlus Parker on
  • Options
    edited December 2009
    Look at his ThinkGeek wishlist and then look at the picture again.

whypick1 on
  • Options
    edited December 2009
    Look at his ThinkGeek wishlist and then look at the picture again.
    Were you my secret Santa?

Also, I'm deathly afraid that I met Carla Miller at PAX, and like the horrible human being I am I completely forgot her name. I really hope that isn't true. Please let it be not true.

Arco on
  • Options
    edited December 2009
    You wouldn't have because I don't use my real name at PAX :P

Merry Christmas!

Sumi on
  • Options
    edited December 2009
    You wouldn't have because I don't use my real name at PAX :P

Merry Christmas!

Yaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay Sumi! <33333

Arco on
  • Options
    edited December 2009
    <3

Well if you've sent real world items to me that were simply bought on the Internet then I am going to start freaking out about people stealing stuff from in front of my door. If you sent digital things to me and I have not received them, then I am going to start thinking that they were sent to the wrong person.

Basically, I am freaking out. I will attempt to calm down.

I haven't received confirmation that it's been delivered yet, so don't worry.

Asiina on
  • Options
    edited December 2009
    I haven't received confirmation that it's been delivered yet, so don't worry.

I am thoroughly relieved.

mentok1982 on
  • Options
    Qs23Qs23 Registered User regular
    edited December 2009
    WOO!!! Mine arrived today while I was in the shower...

PAS.jpg

This puts my other bobble head to shame...

And I finally am going to get some DLC. WOO!

Thank you Daniel Kemble... whomever you are!

Qs23 on
    PASig.gif
  • Options
    Moe FwackyMoe Fwacky Right Here, Right Now Drives a BuickModerator mod
    edited December 2009
    Awesome, a replacement for the Darth Vader bobblehead that got sat on during the CCST.

Hmm, maybe instead of car flags, every car should have a bobblehead...

Moe Fwacky on
    E6LkoFK.png

• Options
    That_Spoony_BardThat_Spoony_Bard Registered User regular
    edited December 2009
    Qs23 wrote: »

PAS.jpg

I didn't see a option to include a note, but merry Christmas!

That_Spoony_Bard on
  • Options
    tehnakkitehnakki Registered User regular
    edited December 2009
    Qs23 wrote: »

I didn't see a option to include a note, but merry non-denominational gift-giving holiday season!

Fixed it for you =)

tehnakki on
    Hufflepuff for lief, muthafuckers!

the 'teh' is silent: eljay ~ * ~ twitter ~ * ~ ravelry ~ * ~ last.fm