The Muffin ManThe Muffin Man Registered User regular
    edited January 2007
    Bitch.

We totally need a rule that says "You CAN swear in the forums."

The Muffin Man on
  • Options
    robosagogorobosagogo Registered User regular
    edited January 2007
    But then, in JLA Year One it is claimed that Vandal Savage made Stone Henge. That would mean it has no supernatural or spiritual significance. The book has since been retconned out, I think, but still.

robosagogo on
  • Options
    ExcessiveKnifeExcessiveKnife Registered User regular
    edited January 2007
    But then, in JLA Year One it is claimed that Vandal Savage made Stone Henge. That would mean it has no supernatural or spiritual significance. The book has since been retconned out, I think, but still.

Even if he did, countless years of serving as the Druid Timex must have left some latent charge...

ExcessiveKnife on
    The mad beeper is on the loose!
  • Options
    Spectre-xSpectre-x Rating: AWESOME YESRegistered User regular
    edited January 2007
    To be fair, Ultron did kick the shit out of Nimrod in this tourney, so that shouldn't happen in Nimrod's future.
    And how the fuck did Nimrod beat Thor? Unlike Zoom, Thor has durability and strength well above a normal human. Whereas all Nimrod needs is one hit to send Zoom across the field or break his face(faster than light or not, if Nimrod was able to connect even one blow, Zoom was fucked)

But Nimrod wouldn't have been able to connect even one blow. Zoom's other abilities more than make up for it.

But yeah, Nimrod shouldn't be able to beat Thor, or Hercules, or the rest of the Avengers, no matter how adaptable.

Because adaptability does not account for getting teleported magically to a world about to be judged by the Celestials.

Spectre-x on
  • Options
    The_LightbringerThe_Lightbringer Registered User regular
    edited January 2007
    Guys do we have to keep bringing up that zoom vs nimrod fight in every pre fight debate?

The_Lightbringer on
    LuciferSig.jpg
  • Options
    JemJem Registered User regular
    edited January 2007
    probably.

but only because it was a complete and utter travesty that Zoom lost.

Jem on
    Jem is excitement
    Jem is adventure
    Bubble and Glitter
    Fashion and Fame
    img]http://cards.pokecharms.com/create/1fb134620769b92f656b0d931b19f4d1.png[/img]
  • Options
    Peeps ChickenPeeps Chicken Registered User regular
    edited January 2007
    robosagogo wrote:

Didn't Phantom Stranger and a bunch of other folks just use Stonehenge to summon The Spectre in a recent issue?

Peeps Chicken on
  • Options
    Bad KarmaBad Karma Registered User regular
    edited January 2007
    robosagogo wrote:

Didn't Phantom Stranger and a bunch of other folks just use Stonehenge to summon The Spectre in a recent issue?

Yeah, it happened in IC #6. I assumed they used Stonehenge as a focus point for all of their powers.

Bad Karma on
    Xbox Live: Ornery Rooster
    PSN: OrneryRooster
  • Options
    Spectre-xSpectre-x Rating: AWESOME YESRegistered User regular
    edited January 2007
    In the real world Stonehenge was apparently a place for "magical" healing and and druidic rituals.

So yeah. Magic.

Gentleman Ghost knows this, however, so he'd probably go invisible.

Spectre-x on
  • Options
    edited January 2007
    I heard it was a calender. Watch out, Ghost knows what day it is!

robosagogo on
  • Options
    MajidahMajidah Registered User regular
    edited January 2007
    Excessive Knife, I stand corrected. You sir are a brilliant strategist. Shiva's prospects have improved.

I've a tasky question: Can he do the impossible?

Let us say that bullseye shot a gun at him, with perfect aim, I assume that the bullet is pointed in the right direction, it's up to tasky to dodge or block.

question 1). At 100m, the bullet will reach tasky in .03 seconds. human reaction time is .2 seconds. double human reaction time is .1seconds. Does tasky's ability to mimic a bullet catch or dodge allow him to ignore this supposed limitation on his abilities? Or is he going to react after the shot has already hit him?

Question 2). Assume that tasky can in fact catch the bullet. Will his ability to see the bullet be caught prevent the bullet from blowing off his hand at the wrist? Or will his supposed 'human' limitations kick in.

I ask because bullseye is going to be aimming properly, I can suspend my dodging/catching disbelief when it's an ordinary mook doing the shooting, tasky can just move to fast and fluid for the mook to aim, but bullseye does not allow this luxury.

Majidah on
  • Options
    FiarynFiaryn Omnicidal Madman Registered User regular
    edited January 2007
    Majidah wrote:
    Excessive Knife, I stand corrected. You sir are a brilliant strategist. Shiva's prospects have improved.

Let us say that bullseye shot a gun at him, with perfect aim, I assume that the bullet is pointed in the right direction, it's up to tasky to dodge or block.

question 1). At 100m, the bullet will reach tasky in .03 seconds. human reaction time is .2 seconds. double human reaction time is .1seconds. Does tasky's ability to mimic a bullet catch or dodge allow him to ignore this supposed limitation on his abilities? Or is he going to react after the shot has already hit him?

Question 2). Assume that tasky can in fact catch the bullet. Will his ability to see the bullet be caught prevent the bullet from blowing off his hand at the wrist? Or will his supposed 'human' limitations kick in.

I ask because bullseye is going to be aimming properly, I can suspend my dodging/catching disbelief when it's an ordinary mook doing the shooting, tasky can just move to fast and fluid for the mook to aim, but bullseye does not allow this luxury.

Keep in mind that real science and comic science don't get along...

Fiaryn on
    Soul Silver FC: 1935 3141 6240
    White FC: 0819 3350 1787
  • Options
    Peeps ChickenPeeps Chicken Registered User regular
    edited January 2007
    Majidah wrote:

A) It's not like it's a special gun that shoots faster than an "ordinary mook's."
    B) If we're "comic booking" real life science to be able to accept that Taskmaster can catch bullets, I doubt his hand would get blown off. Bullets aren't very massive objects, and most of the damage done by them initially comes from that fact that a lot of force is hitting a very small area very suddenly. If he can get his entire hand around the bullet and slow it down (relatively) gradually, I don't see why he couldn't catch one.

Peeps Chicken on
  • Options
    Mai-KeroMai-Kero Registered User regular
    edited January 2007
    Generally people in comics don't dodge bullets by waiting until they're fired from the gun and then moving, they dodge them by seeing where the gun is pointed and not being there by the time the bullet is actually fired.

Mai-Kero on
  • Options
    edited January 2007
    First...

MarvelComics-Taskmaster004-18.jpg

Then...

MarvelComics-Taskmaster004-20.jpg

MarvelComics-Taskmaster004-21.jpg

robosagogo on
  • Options
    IrohIroh Registered User regular
    edited January 2007
    Majidah wrote:
    Some stuff

Let me reiterate that Taskmaster doesn't even have to dodge or catch a bullet when he has a replica of Cap's vibranium shield at his disposal. That kind of equipment added to his assumed knowledge of Bullseye's methods gives him near perfect defense if they end up fighting face to face like you're proposing.

Iroh on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    BionicPenguinBionicPenguin Registered User regular
    edited January 2007
    Except Cap's shield isn't nearly big enough. Even if it was, Bullseye could just use ricochets.

BionicPenguin on
  • Options
    FiarynFiaryn Omnicidal Madman Registered User regular
    edited January 2007
    Except Cap's shield isn't nearly big enough. Even if it was, Bullseye could just use ricochets.

...To be used to deflect bullets and other thrown weapons? What ARE you talking about? Cap uses it for that all the time! Perhaps you're being ambiguous and mean it's not big enough for stopping a tank or something the Hulk might throw.

Fiaryn on
    Soul Silver FC: 1935 3141 6240
    White FC: 0819 3350 1787
  • Options
    edited January 2007
    And, of course, Taskmaster has watched Cap deflect and can therefore do that himself.

Even if he hasn't seen Bullseye toss a barrage of items before and can predict his movements.

robosagogo on
  • Options
    BionicPenguinBionicPenguin Registered User regular
    edited January 2007
    Fiaryn wrote:

...To be used to deflect bullets and other thrown weapons? What ARE you talking about? Cap uses it for that all the time! Perhaps you're being ambiguous and mean it's not big enough for stopping a tank or something the Hulk might throw.
    I'm not saying he couldn't block shit, I'm saying it's hardly a perfect defense; there are still a million ways Bullseye could hit him.

BionicPenguin on
  • Options
    FuruFuru Registered User regular
    edited January 2007
    Fiaryn wrote:

I'm not saying he couldn't block shit, I'm saying it's hardly a perfect defense; there are still a million ways Bullseye could hit him.

The way I see it, it comes down to this:

Can Bullseye beat Bullseye plus Spider-Man plus Captain America plus a million other heroes' skill sets.

The answer is no..

Furu on
  • Options
    ExcessiveKnifeExcessiveKnife Registered User regular
    edited January 2007
    Majidah wrote:
    ::Compliment, followed by solid logic::

In the real world, such an action would be impossible on multiple levels, but so would photographic muscle memory, flawless aim, or a giant purple dude that eats planets. Comics subscribe to the "Reader's Digest" version of the laws of physics, and will joyfully throw out anything that gets in the way of drama.

The only time when guns perform as well in the comics as they do in the real world is when The Punisher is holding them. Thats his superpower, and oh what a power it is.

That, and as the above posted comic shows, TM can catch a bullet fired at pointblank range, without noticable damage to either his glove or the hand inside it.

ExcessiveKnife on
    The mad beeper is on the loose!
  • Options
    MajidahMajidah Registered User regular
    edited January 2007
    I consider real physics vs. comic book physics a question for greater philosophers than myself, I was moreso trying to resolve whether or not tasky was operating firmly on comic book physics rather than giving a nod to real physics.

Since Bullseye CLEARLY operates on CBP, if taskmaster had to deal with dull ol' reality he'd be at a significant disadvantage. Luckily it appears he's equipped with no such petty restrictions.

I still believe in double ko, it's just too nasty a fight for either one to lose.

Majidah on
  • Options
    Golden GodGolden God Registered User regular
    edited January 2007
    A time limit should be put on the Shiva fight. If i was GG... I would play the waiting game. She has no way to force him into becomeing visable. Also even if she could use a piece of Stone Henge to stab him to for lack of a better term more death, She still would have to perdicted when he was going to attack. So it seems to be in GGs favor. Unless that is Shiva's muntant ability to read body movements she cant see kicks in mid fight.

Golden God on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]