As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

DVD-ROM Drive not working

existexist Registered User regular
I have a TEAC DV-W50D ATA device. Today, when trying to rip a CD in WMP, it gave me an error message across every track. It also would not playback the CD. It would play the first split second of each song, give me an error message, and move on to the next track to do the same thing. I tried using the Zune software, same deal. I tried playing the CD in Media Player Classic, and it just makes a strange, loud buzzing sound for the duration of the song. Under the drive device in My Computer it recognizes that an audio CD is in the drive. It will even pick up what CD it is in any media software. I have tried uninstalling the drive in the device manager, and reinstalling the drivers. I have also tried updating the drivers, it tells me that they are up to date. I tried installing the CCCP to see if it was a codec problem. I have tried two different CDs, both of which have no visible scratches or marks and have played perfectly well in a CD player.

The disk tray is slightly bent, so that it gets a little stuck closing/opening it, and you need to push it a little bit before it closes fully. However, it has been this way for 3 or 4 years, so I don't see why it would suddenly become a problem now. I unfortunately have no other tower to try installing the device in, or another cd/dvd-rom drive to try using in my tower.

I am running Windows 7 Ultimate Edition.

Any ideas? Thanks in advance.

EDIT: Just tried a data CD that had drivers on it and it read and copied over to my hard drive perfectly fine.

UmPiq.png
exist on