As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Ain't But One Kind of Netflix

1575859606163»

• Options
    Grey GhostGrey Ghost Registered User regular
    edited December 2009
    Sherlock Holmes was fun as hell

It was a rather odd film and the bad guys' plot was quite silly, but I had a blast

Grey Ghost on
  • Options
    DrIanMalcolmDrIanMalcolm Registered User regular
    edited December 2009
    Faricazy wrote: »
    http://theplaylist.blogspot.com/2009/12/clint-mansell-scoring-darren-aronofskys.html
    Not that it should come as a surprise to anyone, but Clint Mansell has revealed that he will once again re-team with Darren Aronofsky and will score the director's upcoming supernatural thriller "Black Swan," starring Natalie Portman and Mila Kunis.

The film is currently shooting in New York and centers on a talented ballerina (Portman), in the New York City Ballet who is tormented by a rival (Kunis) who may or may not be a figment of the dancer's imagination.

Mansell further reveals that he and Aronofsky have already discussed plans for the potential score and want to develop a score heavily drawn from Tchaikovsky's 19th century ballet, "Swan Lake."

"Well it’s all really embryonic at the moment, one of the main ideas we’ve got is building the entire score out of elements from 'Swan Lake,'" Mansell told LittleWhiteLies. "I mean it would have to be vastly screwed with, but that’s a starting point. Sometimes we’ve had ideas in the past and you put them into practice and they just suck, so we’ll see. Darren only just started shooting so for now it’s about doing the nuts and bolts really and providing him just what he needs to shoot with and in January I’ll start to mess around with some of the things we’ve talked about."

We recently reviewed the script for "Black Swan" and described it as being loosely based on "Swan Lake" plus actress Kunis has also been describing the film as a "real life version of the third act of 'Swan Lake'" so it's a definite thematic fit. But to recap, potentially a Clint Mansell re-interpretation of Tchaikovsky's 'Swan Lake' to back Aronofksy's "Black Swan"!? Yes, please.

"Black Swan" should see a release sometime (hopefully sooner rather than later) in 2010 through Fox Searchight.

:O

Oh man Swan Lake is so fucking awesome

DrIanMalcolm on
  • Options
    Vann DirasVann Diras Registered User regular
    edited December 2009
    Grey Ghost wrote: »

It was a rather odd film and the bad guys' plot was quite silly, but I had a blast

yes this

the plot is pretty silly, but man the movie is just so much fun and Downey and Law are absolutely perfect

Vann Diras on
  • Options
    Grey GhostGrey Ghost Registered User regular
    edited December 2009
    Vann Diras wrote: »
    Grey Ghost wrote: »

yes this

the plot is pretty silly, but man the movie is just so much fun and Downey and Law are absolutely perfect
    I knew the shadowy menacing dude was Moriarty as soon as Holmes deduced he was a professor

I figured he'd be in it in some fashion, though I was expecting a post-credits reveal or something similar

Grey Ghost on
  • Options
    Penguin IncarnatePenguin Incarnate King of Kafiristan Registered User regular
    edited December 2009
    I'm starting to watch Overnight. This is amazing so far.

Troy Duffey is like a Shakespeare character without the wit or charm. Or the accomplishment.

This is going to end fantastically.

Penguin Incarnate on
This discussion has been closed.