As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[DND 4e] Castlevania OOC

• Options
    Tiernan_ShadowtoungueTiernan_Shadowtoungue Registered User regular
    edited November 2009
    A note to all interested players. I appreciate all the submissions thus far, and encourage more. I will be closing submissions 11:59 pm sunday night. I will make my decisions monday during the day and evening, and will hopefully make my first post December first. Just wanted to let all interested parties know.

Tiernan_Shadowtoungue on
    Box cars for the win?
    4edmscreensmall.jpg
  • Options
    KelorKelor Registered User regular
    edited November 2009
    Astrobstrd get out of my head! I had a human rogue and vampiric heritage dude ready to go.

I might scrap the rogue but I really like the paladin.

Kelor on
  • Options
    HorseshoeHorseshoe Registered User regular
    edited November 2009
    I like your format horseshoe, so I'm kind of stealing it.

hey it's the statblock format (more or less) from star wars saga edition

so feel free to rip it off in the same way that i have

Horseshoe on
    dmsigsmallek3.jpg
  • Options
    edited November 2009
    Ok, so I think rather than submitting three I'll just go with the two I really want to play. I'll post my other guy up in a bit, but this is the guy I'd really like to play. Man it is hard to find pictures of paladins who look like normal dudes though.

I'm can post several times a day and tend to check every couple of hours so that isn't a problem. I'd love to take a character to epic tier though.

First up, Isaac Kendall. Human Paladin.

Paladin.jpg

Summary:
    Isaac Kendall, level 1
    Human, Paladin
    Blood Drain: Blood Drain Constitution
    Background: Touched by an Angel :winky: (+2 to Perception)

FINAL ABILITY SCORES
    Str 12, Con 15, Dex 12, Int 8, Wis 12, Cha 18.

STARTING ABILITY SCORES
    Str 12, Con 15, Dex 12, Int 8, Wis 12, Cha 16.

AC: 20 Fort: 14 Reflex: 15 Will: 16
    HP: 30 Surges: 12 Surge Value: 7

TRAINED SKILLS
    Heal +6, Religion +4, Diplomacy +9, Endurance +3, Intimidate +9

UNTRAINED SKILLS
    Acrobatics -3, Arcana -1, Bluff +4, Dungeoneering +1, History -1, Insight +1, Nature +1, Perception +3, Stealth -3, Streetwise +4, Thievery -3, Athletics -3

FEATS
    Human: Weapon Expertise (Heavy Blade)
    Level 1: Vampiric Heritage

POWERS
    Bonus At-Will Power: Ardent Strike
    Lay on Hands: Lay on Hands
    Paladin at-will 1: Virtuous Strike
    Paladin at-will 1: Enfeebling Strike
    Paladin encounter 1: Valorous Smite
    Paladin daily 1: Radiant Delirium

ITEMS
    Adventurer's Kit, Longsword, Heavy Shield, Holy Symbol, Holy Water (level 1) (2), Plate Armor, Potion of Healing (heroic tier)

Background
    A paladin of Amaunator, Isaac is an unlikely servant of the god of the sun.

His parents lived in a squalid town near the equator which was suffering from a weakening of it's crops and livestock. Several children and townspeople were attacked and the existence of an obayifo (They're actually a real thing.....I researched it and it worked out perfect! Granted the glowing ass/armpits thing is weird, but maybe it's some sort of undead bo or something.) was found to be preying upon town. Several months into his mother's pregnancy the obayifo entered their house, killing his father and attacking his mother before an angel responded to her prayers. Exploding into the house Ashala slew the vampire with a flash of celestial light and steel, but not until the creature had left it's curse upon the unborn child.

While the angel was able to heal Isaac's mother in time to prevent her death, the obayifo's poison infected his growing body, tainted it with a vampire's darkness. The angel took his wounded mother north to cooler climates, where she recovered and in time gave birth to Isaac. His dark complexion covering the normal pallor of a vampire's skin, he looked no different to another human. Other traits of vampire kind bred true. He has a vampire's charisma, patience, nimbleness, stamina and the long teeth that are the trademark of a vampire. He also developed a rather dark sense of humour.

Guilty at her inability to save the child, the angel stayed with them as their protector, assuming the more normal form of a human and as Isaac began to feel the urge to feed she offered her own blood. As he grew she mentored him in the ways of her god and shortly before his mother's death he was initiated as a paladin, though the church is unaware of his link with the angel. (Insert dramatic DM plot here!) Due to his unique heritage, the church has chartered him with the removal of nests of undead and their ilk. Ashala joined him once more, now as his companion. :winky:

How he got there:
    Ashala has recently been recalled to her celestial home by her ecclesiastical superiors. A few months after she left Isaac found himself drawn by a calling of his blood to the mountains of Hungary. Following rumours he has finally managed to reach what seems to be the center of the strange events and offered his services to the local church.

If you find the background doesn't give you enough leeway I can jigger it a bit for you I guess. Vampire guy that drinks angel blood sounded cool so I sort of worked from there. (DOES IT MAKE HIM SPARKLE?)

Kelor on
  • Options
    TorgoTorgo Registered User regular
    edited November 2009
    Pieter, Half-Elf Warlord / MC: Warlock

Picture (For Flavor, Not entirely Accurate.)
    ecIDv.png

Background, motivations, family:
    l
    Pieter was drafted into military service. Before his service, he had studied in both the company of humans, and the fey. His father trained him in the ways of tactics and war, pushing him to be a leader and captain.

His mother was a spirited creature sworn in the protection of the forest kind, who had seduced Pieter's father while he had been away on a campaign with her fierce and determination against some of the castle's escaped fiends. His mother, whenever possible, would appear to Pieter in a nearby clearing and teach him the ways of magic and the fey.

Trapped between his forceful father and his absent mother, Pieter was a product of both cultures, but at home at neither. Pieter had made a pact to serve the spirit of his ancestral elven home as his mother did before he was forced into duty by his father. He was forced to in the military under the command of his father. His father is hoping for a successful campaign that would allow their entire family to be reunited once again, but is too proud to admit such a thing to his son.

Pieter is looking for a great adventure outside of the watchful eye of his father, and a way to allow his mother and father to both be free of their burdens.

His mother is simply trying to keep the evil at bay to keep her son and lover safe.

Statblock
    ====== Created Using Wizards of the Coast D&D Character Builder ======
    Pieter, level 1
    Half-Elf, Warlord
    Build: Bravura Warlord
    Commanding Presence: Bravura Presence
    Pact Initiate: Pact Initiate (fey pact)
    Background: Occupation - Military (+2 to Athletics)

FINAL ABILITY SCORES
    Str 18, Con 13, Dex 8, Int 10, Wis 10, Cha 16.

STARTING ABILITY SCORES
    Str 18, Con 11, Dex 8, Int 10, Wis 10, Cha 14.

AC: 16 Fort: 15 Reflex: 10 Will: 14
    HP: 25 Surges: 8 Surge Value: 6

TRAINED SKILLS
    Diplomacy +10, Endurance +5, Intimidate +8, Athletics +10, Arcana +5
    Please pick me!

Torgo on
    History is a spoiler for the future. (Me on Twitter)
  • Options
    TipharethTiphareth Registered User regular
    edited November 2009
    How he got here:

He reached the town in the middle of the winter, frost-bitten and in a bad shape. Rented a room in the tavern where he slowly nursed himself back to health. Didn't say much.
    Said he would leave as soon as the storm relented. The inkeeper said that he'd be there for a while then. After a week had passed, he was out of money.
    The innkeeper, wanting to keep his only customer, and having pity on him, asked the captain of guard to find some spot for the dragonborn. The warrior said his thanks.
    The captain made him a stablehand, and he raked shit for a couple days. Noone paid him any attention, so he didn't say much.
    Then he talked with the captain, told him he'd trained as a warrior for a couple years. Said he was tired of raking dung. The captain didn't seem interested.
    The dragonborn told him he knew were "Lazy" Tom slacked during his guard duty, said he knew where he hid his booze. The good captain made him a guard.
    He spent time training and guarding, mostly talking weapons and stances with his fellow guardsmen. Most of them were good for nothings, but he learned what he could.
    Time went past and winter faded. He talked a bit more, about birds singing and how he longed to see the trees burning with autumn colours.
    He talked about staying for a year more. Then the undead started popping up, and so talks centered around weapons and how to use them.
    And everytime they've slewn a few, he could spend days talking about who slayed what and who had shown remarkable courage. But mostly, he talked about his own exploits.
    After a while, only other braggarts payed him much attention. Then there was talk about a haunted tower, and an expedition to slay the root of the evil.
    He thought about it for a night, and volunteered.

Statblock

====== Created Using Wizards of the Coast D&DI Character Builder ======
    Medrarr, level 1
    Dragonborn, Fighter
    Fighter Talents: One-handed Weapon Talent

FINAL ABILITY SCORES
    Str 19, Con 15, Dex 13, Int 10, Wis 10, Cha 10.

STARTING ABILITY SCORES
    Str 17, Con 15, Dex 13, Int 10, Wis 10, Cha 8.

AC: 19 Fort: 16 Reflex: 13 Will: 10
    HP: 30 Surges: 11 Surge Value: 9

TRAINED SKILLS
    History +7, Athletics +7, Endurance +5

UNTRAINED SKILLS
    Acrobatics -1, Arcana, Bluff, Diplomacy, Dungeoneering, Heal, Insight, Intimidate +2, Nature, Perception, Religion, Stealth -1, Streetwise, Thievery -1

FEATS
    Level 1: Enlarged Dragon Breath

POWERS
    Fighter at-will 1: Footwork Lure
    Fighter at-will 1: Tide of Iron
    Fighter encounter 1: Covering Attack
    Fighter daily 1: Comeback Strike

ITEMS
    Battleaxe, Scale Armor, Adventurer's Kit, Heavy Shield, Climber's Kit, Rope, hempen (50 ft.), Everburning Torch, Fine Clothing
    ====== Created Using Wizards of the Coast D&DI Character Builder ======

http://www.myth-weavers.com/sheetview.php?sheetid=168697

Background history, a quickie because I need to go to work soonish. If you want me to expand it or clarify it please say so.

At a young age Medrarr was caught between honour and his family. His family had served as mages to a dragonborn lord who were trying to recreate their kingdom of yore.
    However, Medrarr had no talent in this, and as a firstborn it was his duty to serve the house by continuing their traditions.
    He did try desperately as his father dearly wished him to keep on the tradition. But in the end he had no talent for it.
    He could either have continued staying at home, sooner or later inheriting the house and not being able to serve their lord in the manner his house had,
    and would be dishonored along with his parents. His parents could also promote his younger brother to inherit the house, but that would brand Medrarr as incompenent
    and that would too dishonor him. His parents, not being able to make either choice, just waited. And in the end Medrarr chose to shirk his duty and abandon his home and thus
    preserving his parents honour by forcing them to disinherit him. He knows this to be the best way of handling the issue, but he wishes desperately to be able to meet his parents again.
    He handles it by avoiding to speak of it, instead focusing on the future. He does like adventuring, and likes the simple life of a warrior.
    He knows too, that he can make his own destiny with his swordhand instead of relying on his house, a thought he cherish.

Tiphareth on
  • Options
    RiusRius Globex CEO Nobody ever says ItalyRegistered User regular
    edited November 2009
    A quick and dirty list of submitted characters I put together for my own amusement.

defenders:

fighter, sword&board, dragonborn
    fighter, tempest, human
    paladin, ardent vow sword&board, elven
    paladin, ardent vow sword&board, human
    swordmage, ensnarement, revenant
    paladin, lay on hands sword&board, human
    fighter, sword&board, dragonborn

strikers:

avenger, pursuit, human
    avenger, pursuit, human
    avenger, pursuit, revenant (elf)
    rogue, aerialist, human

Controllers:

invoker, wrath, shifter
    invoker, preservation, deva

Leaders:

artificer, human
    artificer, human
    warlord, tactical, eladrin
    warlord, inspiring, tiefling
    bard, cunning, changeling
    warlord, bravura, half-elf (MC Warlock)

More defenders AND leaders than strikers? What is the world coming to?

Also, the number of submissions drops a bit if you eliminate people who haven't posted a character sheet on Orokos or Mythweavers. Read the OP, folks.

With that, I think I'll make a Monk.

Rius on
  • Options
    edited November 2009
    ooh monk! i hope to see a medieval style brown robes and shaved head monk :D because that would be pretty awesome in Castlevania

Horseshoe on
    dmsigsmallek3.jpg
  • Options
    deadonthestreetdeadonthestreet Registered User regular
    edited November 2009
    I know you said character builder stuff only, but would an abyssal genasi be ok? They were in Dragon last month so they won't be in the CB for another month or two. They're basically a corrupted version of standard genasi but with different racial powers. If not, that's cool, just thought it'd be kinda themey for the setting.

deadonthestreet on
  • Options
    edited November 2009
    Horseshoe wrote: »
    ooh monk! i hope to see a medieval style brown robes and shaved head monk :D because that would be pretty awesome in Castlevania

That's sort of what I'm going for, because it would be both awesome and setting appropriate =) Plus there's something awesome about an unarmed man punching and kicking the undead in the face.

Rius on
  • Options
    edited November 2009
    What's this!? Undead! I must fight them!
    17564.jpg
    I'm sorry; Medieval Monk is a terrible thing to GIS.

Rius on
  • Options
    edited November 2009
    Rius wrote: »
    Horseshoe wrote: »

That's sort of what I'm going for, because it would be both awesome and setting appropriate =) Plus there's something awesome about an unarmed man punching and kicking the undead in the face.

reminds me of the priest in peter jackson's "Dead Alive" goin' tae kwon do on zombies

"I kick ass for the Lord!"

Horseshoe on
    dmsigsmallek3.jpg
  • Options
    edited November 2009
    ahaha found it

edit: whoah that youtube link has a lotta blood i shouldn't inline it

Horseshoe on
    dmsigsmallek3.jpg
  • Options
    edited November 2009
    FUCK

quick guys how do i make the youtube thing a link and not inline so I can give a warning about the gore and stuff?

Horseshoe on
    dmsigsmallek3.jpg
  • Options
    edited November 2009
    Really, it's the purple satin cloak that makes that character work.

Rius on
  • Options
    edited November 2009
    it is

oh! found a truncated non-gory version

DIVINE INTERVENTION!

I think outside the US the movie is called "Brain Dead"

Horseshoe on
    dmsigsmallek3.jpg
  • Options
    edited November 2009
    Really, it's the purple satin cloak that makes that character work.

oh HELL yes

i take back what i said about the brown robes

purple satin over priest's cassock and collar all the way

Horseshoe on
    dmsigsmallek3.jpg
  • Options
    edited November 2009
    /.../

Also, the number of submissions drops a bit if you eliminate people who haven't posted a character sheet on Orokos or Mythweavers. Read the OP, folks.

I was going to upload it there, but work got in the way. So I'm on that now.
    Totally adding a link to that sheet now.

Tiphareth on
  • Options
    edited November 2009
    wow guys. just....wow. horse, your amazing. dead on the street: Im gonna nix the abyssal genasi or other dragon content not in the builder yet... BUT submit a similar genasi for now, then if your chosen, we'll revamp the character once its in the builder. Just make notes in the background of the direction you have in mind, and we'll RP it in. A windsoul that gets tapped by evil powers, becomes slightly corrupted, etc... easy enough. We'll either outright change it, or Ill throw the extra manifestation feat your way as a perk (but ya gotta earn it).

Tiernan_Shadowtoungue on
    Box cars for the win?
    4edmscreensmall.jpg
  • Options
    astrobstrdastrobstrd So full of mercy... Registered User regular
    edited November 2009
    I had some questions, but they were hidden in my edits. What time period should we be aiming for? I had envisioned Graham as an agent of Queen Elizabeth and Syphela as a tool of the Inquisition era Vatican.

Is Christianity ok to use as a religion? I know we are adding other pantheons, but christian imagery is so prevalent in the series that I didn't know if you wanted to use it or not.

astrobstrd on
    Selling the Scream Podcast: https://anchor.fm/jeremy-donaldson
  • Options
    edited November 2009
    astrobstrd wrote: »
    I had some questions, but they were hidden in my edits. What time period should we be aiming for? I had envisioned Graham as an agent of Queen Elizabeth and Syphela as a tool of the Inquisition era Vatican.

Is Christianity ok to use as a religion? I know we are adding other pantheons, but christian imagery is so prevalent in the series that I didn't know if you wanted to use it or not.
    Christian Imagry is awesome, as it add plenty of flavor. as for time period, I hadnt decided. We can use the inquisition era / Queen Elizabeth, though being a fantasy setting, it will be lower tech than in those time periods. i.e. no gunpowder, iron, but not steel.

Tiernan_Shadowtoungue on
    Box cars for the win?
    4edmscreensmall.jpg
  • Options
    deadonthestreetdeadonthestreet Registered User regular
    edited November 2009
    wow guys. just....wow. horse, your amazing. dead on the street: Im gonna nix the abyssal genasi or other dragon content not in the builder yet... BUT submit a similar genasi for now, then if your chosen, we'll revamp the character once its in the builder. Just make notes in the background of the direction you have in mind, and we'll RP it in. A windsoul that gets tapped by evil powers, becomes slightly corrupted, etc... easy enough. We'll either outright change it, or Ill throw the extra manifestation feat your way as a perk (but ya gotta earn it).

:^: Sounds good

deadonthestreet on
  • Options
    edited November 2009
    alright so like early medieval. neat.

iron works better on ghosts and undead than steel anyways :P

and yeah, i expect that if i get to play my characters will be using christian imagery

gotta have the crusafix on hand fer those walkin' dead

Horseshoe on
    dmsigsmallek3.jpg
  • Options
    StaptheJesterStaptheJester Registered User regular
    edited November 2009
    For you amusment:

Nim (Gnome Psion)

Nim is the son of 2 adventuring parents who were killed when he was young. He saw his parents killed and hasn't spoken since. He does communicate Telepathically but only rarely.
    Nim, level 1
    Gnome, Psion
    Discipline Focus: Telepathy Focus
    Background: Adventurer's Scion (+2 to Arcana)

FINAL ABILITY SCORES
    Str 10, Con 10, Dex 8, Int 20, Wis 11, Cha 16.

STARTING ABILITY SCORES
    Str 10, Con 10, Dex 8, Int 18, Wis 11, Cha 14.

AC: 15 Fort: 10 Reflex: 15 Will: 15
    HP: 22 Surges: 6 Surge Value: 5

TRAINED SKILLS
    History +10, Diplomacy +8, Arcana +14, Perception +5

UNTRAINED SKILLS
    Acrobatics -1, Bluff +3, Dungeoneering, Endurance, Heal, Insight, Intimidate +3, Nature, Religion +5, Stealth +1, Streetwise +3, Thievery -1, Athletics

FEATS
    Psion: Ritual Caster
    Level 1: Shadow Skulk

POWERS
    Psion at-will 1: Mind Thrust
    Psion at-will 1: Memory Hole
    Psion daily 1: Ravening Thought

ITEMS
    Adventurer's Kit, Cloth Armor (Basic Clothing), Implement, Orb
    RITUALS
    Tenser's Floating Disk, Create Campsite
    ====== Copy to Clipboard and Press the Import Button on the Summary Tab ======

Minron (Minotaur Barbarian)
    Minron hopes to be a bounty hunter. Now if only he could find someone to kill. He has managed to collect a few bounties but much to his embarrassment those bounties died through accidental means. A fact Minron tries to hide. He carries a scar on his cheek from when he missed his target and slammed his maul onto a table, sending a dinner knife into his cheek. All the while the man choked on a piece of bread.

Minron's failures affect his demeanor, He is unsure of his abilities. He is quite and tries to blend into the background.
    Minron, level 1
    Minotaur, Barbarian
    Feral Might: Rageblood Vigor
    Background: Occupation - Bounty Hunter (Learn Deep Speech)

FINAL ABILITY SCORES
    Str 20, Con 16, Dex 10, Int 10, Wis 8, Cha 11.

STARTING ABILITY SCORES
    Str 18, Con 14, Dex 10, Int 10, Wis 8, Cha 11.

AC: 11 Fort: 17 Reflex: 11 Will: 10
    HP: 31 Surges: 11 Surge Value: 7

TRAINED SKILLS
    Intimidate +5, Athletics +10, Perception +6

UNTRAINED SKILLS
    Acrobatics, Arcana, Bluff, Diplomacy, Dungeoneering -1, Endurance +3, Heal -1, History, Insight -1, Nature +1, Religion, Stealth, Streetwise, Thievery

FEATS
    Level 1: Greathorn

POWERS
    Barbarian at-will 1: Howling Strike
    Barbarian at-will 1: Recuperating Strike
    Barbarian encounter 1: Great Cleave
    Barbarian daily 1: Swift Panther Rage

ITEMS
    Adventurer's Kit, Hide Armor, Maul
    ====== Copy to Clipboard and Press the Import Button on the Summary Tab ======

StaptheJester on
    "It's like there's a party in my mouth and everyone is throwing up!"

Minron
  • Options
    adventfallsadventfalls Why would you wish to know? Registered User regular
    edited November 2009
    Adran Grayson, Elf Cleric

Background
    Adran had always been a man of God and the church. Since he was a child, he had been a ward of it, immersed in the words of God and his followers. He was a holy man, and his elders knew he would one day become very powerful in the powers of the holy. However, upon his twenty-fifth birthday, not even he could have suspected the amount of faith the leaders of the Church had in him and his crossbow.

When he turned twenty-five, he was told of the vile Dracula. While the tale was not new to him, the part about his imminent return was quite the shock, almost as much as the news that the Church wanted him to help defeat the Prince of Darkness.

He has since infiltrated a local town as a recruit for the militia, biding his time...

Appearance
    Adran has nicely combed brown hair and is clean-shaven. Underneath his holy robes lies a suit of chain mail. He is average height, but is not the most fit person. He tends to furrow his brow when trying to remember religious text, but he is quite confident in his words of wisdom.

adventfalls on
    NintendoID: AdventFalls 3DS Code: 3454-0237-6080
  • Options
    SteelhawkSteelhawk Registered User regular
    edited November 2009
    Bastion - Warforged Guardian Fighter

41803d1256594195-discussion-character-portraits-requests-warforged-juggernaught.jpg

Bastion. Warforged Fighter, trained in the use of Flails & Heavy Shields. (The shield is a component piece, couldn't figure out how to make that work in the Character Builder.) Bastion was commissioned to be forged by an overly rich noble, with a grand estate. He delighted in Bastion's fearsome look, and his mere presence was a hit at all the parties. Bastion took his bodyguard duties quite seriously, if his lord did not.

While guarding his lords carriage one evening, returning to his estate, the group was set upon by the vile Count and his pack of undead minions. It was all Bastion could do to save his noble lord, and escape into the bushes. The horses, carriage driver and other guards, women, servants etc. all perished. Bastion had his duties however. He carried the wounded noble through the forest and over the hills until returning to the estate, where he surrendered the noble lord to his family. Unfortuneatly the bastard didn't live through the night, and the family was set to sell Bastion as a failure.

Failure!?!? If it wasn't for Bastion, the filthy meatbag would be vampire spawn, instead of laying to rest with his ancestors. He took his leave the noble house (OK, escaped) until he arrived in town. Bastion was built for a purpose, and it seemed that the only way fulfill that purpose was to join the militia. So join the militia he did...

Seren Solusar - Elf Ranger (Archery)

dark-ranger-33720965

Seren has spent far too long fighting alone in the wild. As a huntress, she has taken to culling the dense woods of undead, and the minions of the vile Count. A lonely Seren joined the milita to do something good for the land that she loved. The count's evil had spread throughout the land, and joining with others to fight instead of being alone in the dark had some merit to it. Besides, the militia had strapping young men of many different varieties, and that was always good for a distraction.

Mercer "the Magnificent" Cairnhold

Come see Mercer "The Magnificent" Cairnhold! Come one, come all! Only 5 silver per person! See wonderous feats of magic never seen anywhere before! Mind your hats and watch out for flames! Come one, come all! Gods, Mercer was tired of it. Here he was, a fully trained War Wizard of Cairnhold College, stuck in some podunk backwater country. Travelling with a gypsy carnival pulling rabbits out of hats and lighting candles for drooling peasant children and thier boorish parent. Sigh. See the world, they said. What a waste.

Steelhawk on
  • Options
    Kevin R BrownKevin R Brown __BANNED USERS regular
    edited November 2009
    Warforged added a lot to D&D.

And by 'a lot' I mean 'giant freakin robots!'

Kevin R Brown on
    ' As always when their class interests are at stake, the capitalists can dispense with noble sentiments like the right to free speech or the struggle against tyranny.'
  • Options
    edited November 2009
    If so many people hadn't made warforged already, I'd totally make one. They are so dreamy.

Will post some alts either tomorrow morning or by the weekend. But working late today and tomorrow, so I'll probably just spew gibberish during the evening.

Tiphareth on
  • Options
    SteelhawkSteelhawk Registered User regular
    edited November 2009
    Warforged are dreamy, and I thought I was only one in this game? Oh well.

Stupid work.... have to make my submissions piecemeal!

Steelhawk on
  • Options
    BrodyBrody The Watch The First ShoreRegistered User regular
    edited November 2009
    Rickard de'Lei, Half-Elf Warlock

Bit of in-character
    Almost done with his most recent addition, Rickard grit his teeth and pushed, trying not to gasp as the needle slid through his flesh. There were a number of things he could have done to alleviate the pain, but then it wouldn't be a sacrifice, would it? Making oneself pure wasnt meant to be painle...

Thud... Thud

Shit... "Half a moment..."

Pulling the needle the rest of the way through, a small groan leaking out, Rickard quickly pulled his sleeve down, no time to admire his handiwork. Shoving the ink and needle/thread back into their hiding place, he headed for the door.

Thud... Thud...

"I'm coming!" Ass-hole...

Finally making it to the door, he pulled back the bolt and opened it to find his unit commander attempting to glare the door down.

"Sorry sir. This isn't some witch hunt again, is it? You and I both know that I've had nothing to do with the recent undead..."

"No Rickard, well yes. But you don't have to defend yourself this time, well, actually you do, but never mind. New orders, apparently your brothers in the church have decided it must be that blasted castle up the hill thats causing all this. And our boys are going to need priests. Get your shit ready."

A little backstory
    Trained like every other priest of the era, Rickard was anything but every other priest. He had been lucky enough, or possibly unlucky enough, to find a library of grimoire's at the monastery where he was trained, just before the Inquisition did. Realizing the importance of these historical texts, he had done everything he could to save as many as possible, and once the Inquisition had left, spent years studying them. Finally, now out in the world, he had been attached to a local militia in the middle of no-where. But that made things all that much easier. All he had left to do was summon up a fey and bind it to his will, and pray as hard as he ever had that he could maintain control.

Brody on
    "I will write your name in the ruin of them. I will paint you across history in the color of their blood."

The Monster Baru Cormorant - Seth Dickinson

Steam: Korvalain
  • Options
    edited November 2009
    Steelhawk wrote: »

Dunno, just saw the word warforged everywhere. Though an entire party of warforged would be pretty classy.

Tiphareth on
  • Options
    TorgoTorgo Registered User regular
    edited November 2009
    Tiphareth wrote: »
    Steelhawk wrote: »

Dunno, just saw the word warforged everywhere. Though an entire party of warforged would be pretty classy.

If that is what it takes to get into this PbP, I'd be down for it. Steampunk Warlock Warforged? If I needed to make it work in a pinch...why not?

Torgo on
    History is a spoiler for the future. (Me on Twitter)
  • Options
    Salvation122Salvation122 Registered User regular
    edited November 2009
    OH NOES A CONUNDRUUM

I am at my parent's house for the holidays. My parents, unsurprisingly, do not have Character Builder. I can download it myself, but I can't update it, as I'm on a shared account with my tabletop group and we've used all our updates for the month. Orokos does not allow manual input of character data.

HALP.

If someone could be so stupendously awesome as to input the characters I submitted and email the dnd4e files to me at salvation~~~~~~~~~a;sdlguoi~~~~~~~~122@gmail.com (remove tildes and junk in them!) I'd be eternally grateful.

Salvation122 on
  • Options
    daniantdaniant Columbus, OhioRegistered User regular
    edited November 2009
    Okay, characters. I am woefully newbie at this...and no internet all this week.

Shady the Swordhttp://4e.orokos.com/sheets/1475

got rid of emi. see below for sir syd, and character sheet of the same.

Isishttp://4e.orokos.com/sheets/1474

Did this work?

daniant on
  • Options
    EgosEgos Registered User regular
    edited November 2009
    hmm I like gothic settings, but a bit curious.

Are elves and such going to be treated like oddities (I'm thinking kind of like the Berserk universe) or is this gonna be pretty much Castlevania set in typical fantasy land?

Egos on
  • Options
    edited November 2009
    Egos wrote: »
    hmm I like gothic settings, but a bit curious.

Are elves and such going to be treated like oddities (I'm thinking kind of like the Berserk universe) or is this gonna be pretty much Castlevania set in typical fantasy land?
    Castlevania in fantasy land would be more accurate.

Tiernan_Shadowtoungue on
    Box cars for the win?
    4edmscreensmall.jpg
  • Options
    daniantdaniant Columbus, OhioRegistered User regular
    edited November 2009
    daniant wrote: »
    Okay, characters. I am woefully newbie at this...and no internet all this week.

Shady the Swordhttp://4e.orokos.com/sheets/1475

got rid of emi. too boring.

Isishttp://4e.orokos.com/sheets/1474

Did this work?
    Witness the wrath of my characters!

Shady the Sword- a rogue/cleric devotee of Sehanine, Chaedi (Shady) was raised in a convent and taught skills a lady might need- mainly to steal from the unjust and give to the poor. She's a zombie-blasting, pick-pocketing, holy symbol in the shape of a lock pick kind of gal. And nothing gives her more pleasure than kicking in the teeth of the undead (and robbing their sarcophagus blind!) Shady the Sword- http://4e.orokos.com/sheets/1475

Isis- A deva invoker of Ioun, Isis's sense of deja vu is pretty annoying at times. One of her favorite phrases is "I have seen it written in the book of time that..." Usually her predictions don't come true, however, which really pisses her off. She struggles to maintain her composure around obnoxious know-it-alls (because she is also an obnoxious know-it-all). Isis-http://4e.orokos.com/sheets/1474

Sir Syd- a gnome paladin of Bahamut, Sir Syd knows that his calling in life is to do good and save the innocent. Raised by dragonborn clerics of the Platinum Dragon, Sir Syd hardly knows he's a gnome. Equipped with short sword, shield, and plate armor, Syd is ready to do battle against even the toughest zombies- provided he can stab them in the shins! Sir Syd-http://4e.orokos.com/sheets/1501

daniant on
  • Options
    DasUberEdwardDasUberEdward Registered User regular
    edited November 2009
    Would you feel that his game is newbie friendly at all? I have dabbled in D&D and I understand some of the basics but i've only played one game and it was poorly DMd. I'm hoping to get my feet wet as I have no outlets for real games.

DasUberEdward on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    edited November 2009
    My remaining two submissions. Leader and striker respectively.

Harkan Salreen, Dragonborn Warlord (Inspiring)
    DragonbornWarlord.jpg

Summary:
    Harkan Salreen, level 1
    Dragonborn, Warlord
    Commanding Presence: Inspiring Presence
    Dragon Breath Key Ability: Dragon Breath Strength
    Dragon Breath Damage Type: Dragon Breath Fire
    Background: Born Under a Bad Sign (Born Under a Bad Sign Benefit)

FINAL ABILITY SCORES
    Str 18, Con 12, Dex 10, Int 12, Wis 8, Cha 18.

STARTING ABILITY SCORES
    Str 16, Con 12, Dex 10, Int 12, Wis 8, Cha 16.

AC: 17 Fort: 15 Reflex: 12 Will: 15
    HP: 30 Surges: 8 Surge Value: 8

TRAINED SKILLS
    Diplomacy +9, Endurance +5, Athletics +8, Intimidate +11

UNTRAINED SKILLS
    Acrobatics -1, Arcana +1, Bluff +4, Dungeoneering -1, Heal -1, History +3, Insight -1, Nature -1, Perception -1, Religion +1, Stealth -1, Streetwise +4, Thievery -1

FEATS
    Level 1: Harlequin Style

POWERS
    Warlord at-will 1: Wolf Pack Tactics
    Warlord at-will 1: Brash Assault
    Warlord encounter 1: Diabolic Stratagem
    Warlord daily 1: Lead the Attack

ITEMS
    Chainmail, Adventurer's Kit, Longsword, Light Shield, Holy Water (level 1) (2), Climber's Kit, Whip

Background:
    Harkan has always had bad luck. Which you would think would make him think twice before he signed up for the army. "'Join the army!' they said... 'It'll be fun!' they said..."

Turns out joining the army meant spending lots of time on guard duty and arguing with the armorer over what the regulation size is for chainmail a dragonborn needs to fit into it. Confronted with yet another training excercise involving crawling through mud in the rain at three hours past midnight (mud is just murder on the scales) Harkan knocked his sergeant out and was halfway to the gates before he realised he was in the buff and decided to swing by the quartermaster once more for old times sake.

"I'm going to need your clothes, your boots and your horse."

Five minutes later he left the quartermaster down his clothes, weapons and horse and up a rather extensive set of bruises. By the time the rest of the boys had finished crawling through the swamp Harkan was on his way to fortune, glory and hopefully a plate of flapjacks piled as high as possible.

Kalax Mountaina, Vestige Pact Warlock
    Warloc.jpg

Summary:
    Kalax Mountaina, level 1
    Human, Warlock
    Eldritch Blast: Eldritch Blast Constitution
    Eldritch Pact: Vestige Pact
    Background: Arcane Agent (Stealth class skill)

FINAL ABILITY SCORES
    Str 10, Con 18, Dex 10, Int 16, Wis 10, Cha 12.

STARTING ABILITY SCORES
    Str 10, Con 16, Dex 10, Int 16, Wis 10, Cha 12.

AC: 15 Fort: 15 Reflex: 15 Will: 13
    HP: 30 Surges: 10 Surge Value: 7

TRAINED SKILLS
    Religion +8, Bluff +6, History +8, Stealth +5, Arcana +8

UNTRAINED SKILLS
    Acrobatics, Diplomacy +1, Dungeoneering, Endurance +4, Heal, Insight, Intimidate +1, Nature, Perception, Streetwise +1, Thievery, Athletics

FEATS
    Human: Implement Expertise (rod)
    Level 1: Sacrifice to Caiphon

POWERS
    Bonus At-Will Power: Dire Radiance
    Eldritch Blast: Eldritch Blast
    Warlock encounter 1: Clarion Call
    Warlock daily 1: Vestige of Khaeleth

ITEMS
    Leather Armor, Adventurer's Kit, Implement, Rod, Holy Water (level 1) (4)

Background:
    Everyone thinks they have an inside voice. That by itself is fairly normal.

Kalax on the other hand, heard lots of voices. His parents never talked much about his uncle Tony, but from Kalax's point of view he had the perfect life. Close friends, a great house, plenty of money and women hanging off him all the time. That's the kind of life he wanted too, but before he had a chance to talk to him Uncle Tony was shot in the back by an associate in the middle of a siege of his house by local police.

Thinking on it a year or so later he heard a voice answering him back that was unmistakably his uncle's. "In this country, you gotta make the money first. Then when you get the money, you get the power. Then when you get the power, then you get the women."

"Just listen to me and you can have it too, family always comes first, remember that. Just promise me you'll get that bastard Sosa for me, capiche?

So Kalax got to work doing just that.

Kelor on
  • Options
    edited November 2009
    Annoyingly, there's very little info to be found on the internets as pertains to monks and/or elves in the Castlevania universe. As such, I'll just write up a more default elven background and flavor it appropriately.

Rius on