As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

Can't decide between Sansa Fuze and Creative MX

XenoXeno Registered User regular
edited November 2009 in Help / Advice Forum
Both players are around the same price and have been researching both, but I have no idea which one to choose. Each one has their pros and cons.

-The UI in the MX looks great, while the Fuze looks like a bad Chinese knockoff.

-Both accept SD cards, but Fuze integrates them much better. With the MX, the SD card is separate.

-Fuze only has 1.9 display while MX has 2.5.

-Fuze has the wheel which is nice while MX has some dpad type thing.

-Read online that Fuze is just drag and drop, MX you have to use some program called creative centrale and that it has bugs.

-MX handles video better, but I don't plan on watching videos, but maybe in the future?

Dunno, what do you guys think? I'm primarily using it for music, and Fuze seems better.

Xeno on

• CimmeriiCimmerii SpaceOperaGhost Registered User regular
    edited November 2009
    I have the Creative Zen (and I love it). You do not have to use the Creative software, it is drag and drop. I also prefer its button system over the wheel thingys I've seen. I don't watch video on it often, but it's nice to have. If you do put video on it you will need to convert it obviously, but its pretty easy to do.

Cimmerii on
    *Internally Screaming*
  • billwillbillwill Registered User regular
    edited November 2009
    I'm going to join forces with Cimmerii again and say go with the Creative MX. Just from that list alone it is better.

Also, about the video, I didn't have to convert at all with my Creative Vision M. One of the many reasons I chose it. Just dragged and dropped and it played.

billwill on
    I hate you and you hate me.
  • CimmeriiCimmerii SpaceOperaGhost Registered User regular
    edited November 2009
    BY OUR POWERS COMBINED

I watch stuff occasionally on my zen but it's not a big deal to convert it.

Cimmerii on
    *Internally Screaming*
  • ceresceres When the last moon is cast over the last star of morning And the future has past without even a last desperate warningRegistered User, Moderator mod
    edited November 2009
    I have a Fuze, and it's very nice. Nice wheel, beautiful display, does everything I need it to do (play music). Mine also has a microSD slot, giving me a TON of extra space.

ceres on
    And it seems like all is dying, and would leave the world to mourn