As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

ESPGaluda II for iPhone 3GS (Ketsui out, Japan only)

124»

• Options
    dmaurodmauro Registered User regular
    edited December 2009
    dmauro on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    edited December 2009
    Black Label is out! It can be downloaded with US points on a US account. It's 1,200 points and it is awesome BUT it seems to introduce some sort of occasional stuttering to the game. Nothing too bad, but several other people confirmed it on the shmups forums. (I got rid of the stuttering by loading the game onto the HDD)

I only just got my copy of the game yesterday, so I just got some vids of it in action up:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sp8rfuNLGN4
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=piq73FzpPp8

If you're interested in Black Label, here are the changes:
    * Stages 3 and 5 have a darker color palette.
    * No shot type selection. The resulting shot type is a mixture of Normal and Abnormal modes from previous games, and is much more powerful than in other versions.
    * Scoring system changes. The score system for close range attacks is changed. Multipliers in Maniac and God mode now carry over between stages. Gold gems are far more abundant in all modes, allowing for much larger scores.
    * God (極弩) mode. Replacing the Ultra mode, it uses a slightly modified Maniac mode score system, and preserves most of the bullet density of the replaced mode, but with new enemy arrangements and barrages. It has much more slowdown compared to Ultra mode and it is also much easier compared to Ultra mode, in fact most players consider Ver 1.0(1)'s Maniac mode to be harder than God mode.
    * A new True Last Boss, Spiritual Larsa. She can only be reached by completing God mode without dying. She is easier than Ultra mode's True Last Boss.
    * Sound effect every time your counter changes from green to blue

I find Black Label Original is much easier than 1.5 Original, and I've already 1CC'd it actually. I also think the palette swap on the start screen is much nicer, but that's not why you should get it. You should get it because Original mode is much more fun in BL.

dmauro on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    CantidoCantido Registered User regular
    edited December 2009
    I don't see it in the marketplace. How do I find this? I love me some Touhou, so I want this.

Cantido on
    3DS Friendcode 5413-1311-3767
  • Options
    edited December 2009
    Black Label is DLC only if you have the Disc based game. It's another mode in addition to the 1.5 mode. You find it by going into My Games -> Mushi Futari -> DLC and there it is. That is if it's not working from the main menu of the game underneath Arrange Mode.

dmauro on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    CantidoCantido Registered User regular
    edited December 2009
    dmauro wrote: »
    Black Label is DLC only if you have the Disc based game. It's another mode in addition to the 1.5 mode. You find it by going into My Games -> Mushi Futari -> DLC and there it is. That is if it's not working from the main menu of the game underneath Arrange Mode.

I need to buy the disc first? FFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFff

Man, fuck Japan. Why do they deny me shumps. We have all the interweb in the world and they still make me import shit...

Cantido on
    3DS Friendcode 5413-1311-3767
  • Options
    SheepSheep Registered User, __BANNED USERS regular
    edited December 2009
    What's worse is the reason we tend to not get localized Cave shooters is because they ask way too god damn much in licensing fees.

Sheep on
  • Options
    edited December 2009
    Installing the game to my HDD seems to have fixed the stuttering issue that Black Label introduced. Hopefully they will still be fixing this soon though.

Also, they probably put it on disc so that they could charge $60 instead of $10. They know what their stuff is worth.

dmauro on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    Matthew DoucetteMatthew Doucette Registered User regular
    edited December 2009
    Cave shooters got rejected from XBLA a while back due to Microsoft's effort to reduce arcade ports. I think the should have just made an arcade port section to Xbox LIVE instead for all us true fans. Anyway, that's why we have to buy them retail. (I think. Unless things have changed.)

I just put in my order for Mushihimesama Futari 1.5... and I mistaken bought the DLC thinking it was the full game :S but now I'll have both.

Matthew Doucette on
    Matthew Doucette, Xona Games
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    Bumped and title edited for those of you that didn't know that ESPGaluda II is region free. Keep in mind only the STANDARD edition is region free. The limited edition is NOT region free.

Get a copy from NCSX. If you can manage to get a first print copy it supposedly comes with the OST.

dmauro on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    setrajonassetrajonas Registered User regular
    edited March 2010
    Got mine in today. Game is even better than I remember it being <3

setrajonas on
  • Options
    edited March 2010
    So did anyone on here pick this up? I'm curious if anyone casual shooter fans nabbed it and what they think. If you post on the shmups forums you've probably already discussed it, so I'm curious about the people that don't hang out on there.

dmauro on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    edited April 2010
    This game is now out for the iPhone 3GS, so all of you that didn't pick up the original game because of the price, can give this version a try for $5. It will be updated soon to work on 3rd gen iPod touches.

dmauro on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    edited April 2010
    Just bumping because Ketsui just released today. Since most copies shipped early, I just got mine today. It's Japan region only, so you need a Japanese console, but it's games like this that make it worthwhile.

rrrRRRAAAAHHH.jpg

dmauro on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]