Options

[Japanimation] ITT B:L shows how small our penises really are compared to his

• Options
    SynthesisSynthesis Honda Today! Registered User regular
    edited November 2009
    Godfather wrote: »
    "Double Lariat motherfuckers!" for new thread title!

Yeeees

I'm still laughing at the Emperor saying "Not this shit again...", but I'm easily amused.

I also feel like an idiot for having missed the information about the first two Halo Segments being made available (I was able to find 'Babysitter' online, though it was interesting). Somehow, I missed the advertising for it...

Synthesis on
  • Options
    ThisguyThisguy Registered User regular
    edited November 2009
    new bakuman
    Everyone is still an idiot

except otters guy. he owns.

Thisguy on
    3445ifd.jpg
  • Options
    yalborapyalborap Registered User regular
    edited November 2009
    New Bakuman!

The drama continues!

Fucking cliffhangers.

yalborap on
  • Options
    edited November 2009
    bakuman:
    Aoki just literally writing down everything Takagi told her is pretty great.

Thisguy on
    3445ifd.jpg
  • Options
    yalborapyalborap Registered User regular
    edited November 2009
    Thisguy wrote: »
    bakuman:
    Aoki just literally writing down everything Takagi told her is pretty great.

And she certainly listened to her editor.

yalborap on
  • Options
    Xenogears of BoreXenogears of Bore Registered User regular
    edited November 2009
    I'm going to save up a large backlog before I start reading Bakuman again.

Xenogears of Bore on
    3DS CODE: 3093-7068-3576
  • Options
    FalxFalx Registered User regular
    edited November 2009
    I can't wait for the new FMA:B... want more Wall of The North.

Also the new batch of Railgun manga suddenly got dark.

Falx on
  • Options
    edited November 2009
    The Naruto dub really got it's shit together during the Chunin Exam.

They stopped using believe it every three sentences and Orochimaru shows up. Good times.

Xenogears of Bore on
  • Options
    King RiptorKing Riptor Registered User regular
    edited November 2009
    I'm going to save up a large backlog before I start reading Bakuman again.

I might do this too. It's working out great for Negima.

King Riptor on
    I have a podcast now. It's about video games and anime!Find it here.
  • Options
    spidahspidah Registered User regular
    edited November 2009
    cromartie high, sayonara zetsubou sensei, astro fighter sunread, and magical shopping arcade abenobashi is the shit

and they are better than half of that bullshit recommendation list

and if you don't agree with me I WILL KNIFE-FIGHT YOU

spidah on
  • Options
    juice for jesusjuice for jesus Registered User regular
    edited November 2009
    I think you will find all those series are well-liked.

Also, Cromatrie and SZS are already on the list.

No need for hostility.

juice for jesus on
  • Options
    Commander 598Commander 598 Registered User regular
    edited November 2009
    I think The Legend is going to need some more love in this thread.
    snapshot20090818095222.jpg

Commander 598 on
  • Options
    darksteeldarksteel Registered User regular
    edited November 2009
    I think The Legend is going to need some more love in this thread.
    snapshot20090818095222.jpg

Alright, that's it. I can no longer afford to leave Legend of the Galactic Heroes unwatched at episode 45. Starting tomorrow, I'm continuing this series.

Oh, and Schenkopp IS the man. Fucker goes out into space with an axe and chops dudes down.

darksteel on
    shikisig6-1.jpg
  • Options
    edited November 2009
    If Bakuman doesn't end with them making a manga about making manga, I will be sorely disappointed.

Thisguy on
    3445ifd.jpg
  • Options
    BarrakkethBarrakketh Registered User regular
    edited November 2009

No need for hostility.

But Nanoha and A's are on the list but only have one :^:

Hostility is warranted.

Barrakketh on
    Rollers are red, chargers are blue....omae wa mou shindeiru
  • Options
    FCDFCD Registered User regular
    edited November 2009
    If Bakuman doesn't end with them making a manga about making manga, I will be sorely disappointed.

Meta as all fuck, man.

FCD on
    Gridman! Baby DAN DAN! Baby DAN DAN!
  • Options
    DragonPupDragonPup Registered User regular
    edited November 2009
    While the just released Darker Than Black 8 has some important bits and shocks to it, the most important is the preview for next week.
    KIKO AND GAI RETURN!!!!

DragonPup on
    "I was there, I was there, the day Horus slew the Emperor." -Cpt Garviel Loken

Currently painting: Slowly [flickr]
  • Options
    juice for jesusjuice for jesus Registered User regular
    edited November 2009
    Barrakketh wrote: »

No need for hostility.

But Nanoha and A's are on the list but only have one :^:

Hostility is warranted.

macigal.jpg

Seriously though, it's not a poll.

juice for jesus on
  • Options
    SpectreSpectre Registered User regular
    edited November 2009
    DragonPup wrote: »
    While the just released Darker Than Black 8 has some important bits and shocks to it, the most important is the preview for next week.
    KIKO AND GAI RETURN!!!!

That is the best news.
    Now all we need is November 11. Resurrection contractor, maybe?

Spectre on
    gst+spectre.png
  • Options
    SkeithSkeith Registered User regular
    edited November 2009
    Darker than Black
    That gun leaves a big hole. I'm wondering if Shion pulled it from nothing, or what.

Skeith on
    aTBDrQE.jpg
  • Options
    RustRust __BANNED USERS regular
    edited November 2009
    i'm reading through BLAME! right now

it's neat stuff, but the characters all look slightly

er

retarded

Rust on
  • Options
    Hexmage-PAHexmage-PA Registered User regular
    edited November 2009
    I want to like Sayonara Zetsubou Sensei more than I do, but it seems like you'd have to be the biggest weaboo in the world to even understand half the jokes.

Hexmage-PA on
  • Options
    edited November 2009
    Hexmage-PA wrote: »
    I want to like Sayonara Zetsubou Sensei more than I do, but it seems like you'd have to be the biggest weaboo in the world to even understand half the jokes.

i doubt even native japanese people catch all of those jokes and puns in one pass

for the rest of us, the quality of an episode usually depends on how culturally compatible we are with whatever the characters are raving about

Rust on
  • Options
    tallgeezetallgeeze Registered User regular
    edited November 2009
    new bakuman
    Everyone is still an idiot

except otters guy. he owns.
    "Falling in love and going on hiatus....it sounds like a dream come true to me" Hiramura kills me every time he is in.

It will be pretty funny if he somehow got to go out on a date with Miyoshi to make Takagi jealous.

tallgeeze on
  • Options
    JragghenJragghen Registered User regular
    edited November 2009
    Bakuman:
    Annoying as it all is because of how stupid it is from a "just TALK" perspective, it's almost nice how decidedly "teenager" this whole lover's spat thing is.

Takagi does something which, from a "furthering his life stand" standpoint (where it could be career, getting into a better school, improving grades, whatever), makes sense. But because he doesn't want his girlfriend to be jealous, instead of doing the smart thing and being up front, he takes the "eh, what she doesn't know won't hurt her" route. Very teenager.

She, of course, inevitably finds out and storms off. Once more, given opportunity to talk, it would probably have worked itself out, but nonetheless - teenagers and emotions.

She, of course, tells her best friend. And what's that friend's response? Calls her boyfriend and makes it about them, internalizing everything. Said boyfriend is stuck in a rock and a hard place, where he knows the only way for things to be resolved between the other pair is if he stays quiet and the place where the first girl hears about everything is from her boyfriend, but his hesitancy pisses off his girlfriend, too.

It's so perfectly teens with overactive emotions. This exact scenario has played out so many times in people's lives, it's hilarious. If it's going to continue following the normal scenario, the second male, being more concerned about his own relationship now, will run to speak with his girl in private, while telling the first male he has to fix things while he's away. So we'll establish two one-on-one confrontations. The second pair will patch, the first could go either way.

And then, of course, this being Bakuman, he'll neglect to mention the contents of Aoki's story, and she'll get all pissed about it in a couple weeks when it's released, thus facilitating the next round of emotional drama.

Jragghen on
  • Options
    GreeperGreeper Registered User regular
    edited November 2009
    okay I've been watching one piece at the expense of anything else for a while.

What's the 'hip' new animus this season.

Greeper on
  • Options
    DragkoniasDragkonias That Guy Who Does Stuff You Know, There. Registered User regular
    edited November 2009
    Greeper wrote: »

Still pretty quiet on the front as far as big goes. Some people have been finding some they enjoy. But I haven't heard much about a must see anime

I'm sure Darker than Black 2 is probably the biggest one though.

Dragkonias on
  • Options
    JragghenJragghen Registered User regular
    edited November 2009
    Dragkonias wrote: »

Still pretty quiet on the front as far as big goes. Some people have been finding some they enjoy. But I haven't heard much about a must see anime

Not exclusive to this season, but FMA:Brotherhood has been to the great new stuff for a while now.

Jragghen on
  • Options
    TheBlackWindTheBlackWind Registered User regular
    edited November 2009
    Jragghen wrote: »
    Dragkonias wrote: »

Not exclusive to this season, but FMA:Brotherhood has been to the great new stuff for a while now.

And the stuff they are getting to only gets better.

TheBlackWind on
    PAD ID - 328,762,218
  • Options
    edited November 2009
    BLAME! is done, it was good

probably the most well-developed dystopian environment i've seen

though i wish he could've been a little less ambiguous, the mess of architecture in every panel makes it difficult to see important details

Rust on
  • Options
    LanzLanz ...Za?Registered User regular
    edited November 2009
    Jesuits wrote: »
    Yeah, I was just doing some digging, and it seems it'll have a six-part movie deal starting sometime in 2010. Done by Production I.G. and XEBEC. Cue Aero Duck showing up to say those studios suck. (Oh god, please don't. ...suck, that is.)

Production I.G. is like, the anti-suck.

XEBEC I have no idea.

But considering IG alone has all of Ghost in the Shell under their belt, Moribito and a bunch of other things, I'd say the property is in safe hands

Lanz on
    waNkm4k.jpg?1
  • Options
    redxredx I(x)=2(x)+1 whole numbersRegistered User regular
    edited November 2009
    Hey, neat. I'd caught up on Blame! not too long ago, shouldn't be that much left.

The art could have been a little cleaner, and I don't think it really needed such a dungeon slog kinda feel to it, though it does the sort of transhuman cyberpunk thing very well.

XEBEC has done a decent work on kinda a bunch of stuff with and for other studios, or whatever. A large amount of it is actually pretty good, but all of it together isn't really anything above par.

redx on
    They moistly come out at night, moistly.
  • Options
    ZandraconZandracon Registered User regular
    edited November 2009
    Lanz wrote: »
    Yeah, I was just doing some digging, and it seems it'll have a six-part movie deal starting sometime in 2010. Done by Production I.G. and XEBEC. Cue Aero Duck showing up to say those studios suck. (Oh god, please don't. ...suck, that is.)

XEBEC I have no idea.

But considering IG alone has all of Ghost in the Shell under their belt, Moribito and a bunch of other things, I'd say the property is in safe hands

XEBEC has done Heroic Age and Kanokon, to name a few.

Zandracon on
  • Options
    setrajonassetrajonas Registered User regular
    edited November 2009
    From all accounts XEBEC is where IG sends all their crap.

setrajonas on
  • Options
    JesuitsJesuits Registered User regular
    edited November 2009

XEBEC I have no idea.

Oh, damn, I had no idea. Awesome.

Jesuits on
    tf2_sig.png
  • Options
    SpectrumSpectrum Archer of Inferno Chaldea Rec RoomRegistered User regular
    edited November 2009

XEBEC I have no idea.

Oh, damn, I had no idea. Awesome.
    Heh. We had a brief discussion about XEBEC last thread (or one back?). Suffice it say that they have fucked up in hilarious ways in the past.

Still, they made Fafner and Stellvia, so I can't entirely hate them.

Spectrum on
    XNnw6Gk.jpg
  • Options
    AroducAroduc regular
    edited November 2009

Sisters of Wellber, xxxHOLiC, Idaten Jump, World Destruction, Chevalier and at least half a dozen more.

There's a reason that every single Production IG trailer begins with "By the studio that brought you Ghost in the Shell."

Which isn't to say that they don't also often do a good job, but they've made a rather lot of total crap too.

Aroduc on
  • Options
    FalxFalx Registered User regular
    edited November 2009
    Rust wrote: »
    Hexmage-PA wrote: »

i doubt even native japanese people catch all of those jokes and puns in one pass

for the rest of us, the quality of an episode usually depends on how culturally compatible we are with whatever the characters are raving about

Shit one of the last episodes had a major joke about Blue Man Group.

Blue Man Group.

I had to stop the video to make sure I wasn't crazy.

I had no idea anyone in Japan even knew about them.

Also yeah, what Aroduc said. Another thing they made was Blood+, which I think is the first time they visibly ran out of money near the end. Well, as far as I've seen anyway.

Falx on
  • Options
    OlivawOlivaw good name, isn't it? the foot of mt fujiRegistered User regular
    edited November 2009
    Someday Production I.G. will just give up and make a new Ghost in the Shell series like everyone wants them to

I yearn for that day

Olivaw on
    signature-deffo.jpg
    PSN ID : DetectiveOlivaw | TWITTER | STEAM ID | NEVER FORGET
  • Options
    edited November 2009
    I was sick Thansgiving day and as I'm wont to do when I'm feverish I watched a really long bit of dubbed anime, this time being Naruto.

The show is just plain addicting early on and considering all the friends I introduced this to and anime clubs I presided during it's original run, I've seen some of these episodes three to five times. And they still hold up.

Xenogears of Bore on
This discussion has been closed.