Options

[Japanimation] ITT B:L shows how small our penises really are compared to his

• Options
    juice for jesusjuice for jesus Registered User regular
    edited November 2009
    Marine-tan quotes from Full Metal Jacket. Dunno if she says other stuff, but yeah, learn English from loli Gny. Sgt. Hartman.

juice for jesus on
  • Options
    OlivawOlivaw good name, isn't it? the foot of mt fujiRegistered User regular
    edited November 2009
    I BET YOU COULD SUCK A GOLF BALL THROUGH A GARDEN HOSE

Olivaw on
    signature-deffo.jpg
    PSN ID : DetectiveOlivaw | TWITTER | STEAM ID | NEVER FORGET
  • Options
    autono-wally, erotibot300autono-wally, erotibot300 love machine Registered User regular
    edited November 2009
    So I read the recommendation list in the beginning of this thread, but I still can't decide
    I distinctively like stuff by masamune shirow/kenichi sonoda.
    I did not like gurren lagann at all
    I however did like ergo proxy, and have a guilty pleasure watching naruto sometimes
    can anyone recommend something which would go according to my tastes? :P

autono-wally, erotibot300 on
    kFJhXwE.jpgkFJhXwE.jpg
  • Options
    AumniAumni Registered User regular
    edited November 2009
    Saishuu Heiki Kanojo = Best Anime ever?

Discuss.

Aumni on
    http://steamcommunity.com/id/aumni/ Battlenet: Aumni#1978 GW2: Aumni.1425 PSN: Aumnius
  • Options
    edited November 2009
    So I read the recommendation list in the beginning of this thread, but I still can't decide
    I distinctively like stuff by masamune shirow/kenichi sonoda.
    I did not like gurren lagann at all
    I however did like ergo proxy, and have a guilty pleasure watching naruto sometimes
    can anyone recommend something which would go according to my tastes? :P

I assume you've seen Patlabor, so I'll suggest Full Metal Panic and Votoms: Pailsen Files.

The little-watched Kekkaishi was probably my favorite shounen of the past few years. It's kind of ordinary, though. Some people like Soul Eater.

Perhaps some Casshern Sins or Kaiba for your future dystopia.

juice for jesus on
  • Options
    Hexmage-PAHexmage-PA Registered User regular
    edited November 2009

The little-watched Kekkaishi was probably my favorite shounen of the past few years. It's kind of ordinary, though. Some people like Soul Eater.

Isn't that the one with the kid who destroys demons by trapping them in psychic boxes and likes to bake cakes? They made an anime from that series? I only read volume one of the manga and didn't like it enough to continue.

Hexmage-PA on
  • Options
    HenroidHenroid Mexican kicked from Immigration Thread Centrism is Racism :3Registered User regular
    edited November 2009
    Dragon Ball Kai ep 34
    So Goku and Ginyu have swapped bodies and Ginyu is already at his disadvantage fight against Gohan and Krillin. Jees just got killed by Vegeta right at the end. During the previous episode Freeza and Nail were starting to fight but nothing about that came up in this episode.

Henroid on
  • Options
    autono-wally, erotibot300autono-wally, erotibot300 love machine Registered User regular
    edited November 2009
    spoilers.. for dbz?

kFJhXwE.jpgkFJhXwE.jpg
  • Options
    Page-Page- Registered User regular
    edited November 2009
    I don't like Gurren Lagann either! I thought Ergo Proxy was alright though it tries too hard. You'd have to pay me to watch Naruto, though.

Hmm. I was going to recommend my recommendations, but maybe not.

Page- on
    Competitive Gaming and Writing Blog Updated in October: "Song (and Story) of the Day"
    Anyone want to beta read a paranormal mystery novella? Here's your chance.
    stream
  • Options
    HenroidHenroid Mexican kicked from Immigration Thread Centrism is Racism :3Registered User regular
    edited November 2009
    spoilers.. for dbz?

I do it to be polite. I mean, better safe than sorry right? Someone might genuinely want to see the DBK pace for themselves.

Plus, Pika will bitch about anything as a spoiler.

Henroid on
  • Options
    edited November 2009
    naruto is kind of interesting, now that they've seemingly decided to somewhat fuck the DBZ system of nothing ever fucking happens, and things are finally moving, with
    one of the major villains since the very beginning killed, and the other one locked in battle with the guy hunting him, all while setting up new villains behind them
    it's still very silly, but it's not boring anymore!

kFJhXwE.jpgkFJhXwE.jpg
  • Options
    JragghenJragghen Registered User regular
    edited November 2009
    naruto is kind of interesting, now that they've seemingly decided to somewhat fuck the DBZ system of nothing ever fucking happens, and things are finally moving, with
    one of the major villains since the very beginning killed, and the other one locked in battle with the guy hunting him, all while setting up new villains behind them

It's actually going to keep ramping up - one of the best fights in the series is still to come, and not too far out, to boot.

Manga's at the point where it's getting ready to end. Still haven't quite started the finishing stuff, but the pieces are being put in place.

Jragghen on
  • Options
    edited November 2009
    and then: naruto-the next generation
    with a space ship full of ninjas

kFJhXwE.jpgkFJhXwE.jpg
  • Options
    edited November 2009
    Hexmage-PA wrote: »

Isn't that the one with the kid who destroys demons by trapping them in psychic boxes and likes to bake cakes? They made an anime from that series? I only read volume one of the manga and didn't like it enough to continue.

Yes. I liked the way they used their box-making powers, and it didn't have any overtly annoying characters like most shounen shows. But overall very average, which puts it way ahead of most other shounen imo.

The cake-baking gags got tiresome, but they dropped that eventually.

Plus, it's short by shounen standards (because it got cancelled lol).

juice for jesus on
  • Options
    deadonthestreetdeadonthestreet Registered User regular
    edited November 2009
    However you feel about Naruto, it's a really interesting world they've built, and I wouldn't mind a western comics style continuation where a different author takes over and writes about a different set of characters in the same world.

deadonthestreet on
  • Options
    redxredx I(x)=2(x)+1 whole numbersRegistered User regular
    edited November 2009

uhhh... yeah, all sorts of neat shit is going to happen. The anime is going to be pretty good for a while.

then it's going to get fucking retarded and insultingly silly. for a while really.

then it will kinda go back to being neat, because you eventually forget about the silly because the awesome comes back.

Dispite that the manga is rather pheonomially silly at the moment.

redx on
    They moistly come out at night, moistly.
  • Options
    edited November 2009
    redx wrote: »

uhhh... yeah, all sorts of neat shit is going to happen. The anime is going to be pretty good for a while.

then it's going to get fucking retarded and insultingly silly. for a while really.

then it will kinda go back to being neat, because you eventually forget about the silly because the awesome comes back.

Dispite that the manga is rather pheonomially silly at the moment.
    Double lariat.

Also, it's rather sad how the good/bad things you just listed are directly related to the amount of sasuke presence.

Jragghen on
  • Options
    SynthesisSynthesis Honda Today! Registered User regular
    edited November 2009
    Page- wrote: »
    I don't like Gurren Lagann either! I thought Ergo Proxy was alright though it tries too hard. You'd have to pay me to watch Naruto, though.

Hmm. I was going to recommend my recommendations, but maybe not.

Eh, I can relate to that. I remember catching a few fansubs of Naruto about five years ago, and coming to a single conclusion: this is one of those shounen shows that is only good when it's funny, and the rest sucks, and hard.

Didn't like TTGL much either. Repetitive as hell. I only saw the first episode of Ergo Proxy, I might have to catch the rest of it....

Synthesis on
  • Options
    ChenChen Registered User regular
    edited November 2009
    Cross Game 35: A girl's mind moves in mysterious ways.
    For whom was the chocolate really intended? I was going to say Kou but I'm not so sure.

Chen on
    V0Gug2h.png
  • Options
    ACSISACSIS Registered User regular
    edited December 2009
    Kelor wrote: »
    Full Metal Panic
    Oh yes, definetly recomened. There are a few so-so episodes, but most of it really hits the spot.

"Come on and fight me."
    *bang*
    "No, you maniac not with a gun!"
    *tzzzz*
    "No tear gas either!"
    *boom*
    "No greandes! Use fists for gods sake!"

"Who opened that container?!"
    "Somebody wanted a drink and thought it was a soda can."
    *puts on bio hazard suit*
    "Excuse me teacher, this is an emergency, don't panic..."

Great stuff. One of the best if not THE best series.

ACSIS on
  • Options
    SynthesisSynthesis Honda Today! Registered User regular
    edited December 2009
    ACSIS wrote: »
    Full Metal Panic
    Oh yes, definetly recomened. There are a few so-so episodes, but most of it really hits the spot.

How did the second season (not Fumoffu, that was hilarious) stack up next to the second one? I began Second Raid but lost interest when I realized all the psuedo-military-thriller stuff was tremendously boring compare to high school slapstick (which kind of weird for me).

Synthesis on
  • Options
    Xenogears of BoreXenogears of Bore Registered User regular
    edited December 2009
    Naruto is also good when people try to out think each other in a fight instead of just classic shonen overpower them.

Xenogears of Bore on
    3DS CODE: 3093-7068-3576
  • Options
    CyborgZetaCyborgZeta Registered User regular
    edited December 2009
    In addition to keeping up with Xabungle, Darker than BLACK Season 2, and Kampfer, I've now started watching Nyan Koi and To Aru Majutsu no Index. Nyan Koi seems relatively entertaining so far. Not much else to say.

Index also seems okay so far. I'm liking Touma and Biribiri but some of the side characters I can do without. Kuroko in particular...ugh, I'm dreading those first couple episodes of Railgun when I get to it.

CyborgZeta on
    "Blacker than a moonless night, hotter and more bitter than Hell itself...That is coffee." - Godot
  • Options
    JesuitsJesuits Registered User regular
    edited December 2009
    CyborgZeta wrote: »
    In addition to keeping up with Xabungle, Darker than BLACK Season 2, and Kampfer, I've now started watching Nyan Koi and To Aru Majutsu no Index. Nyan Koi seems relatively entertaining so far. Not much else to say.

Index also seems okay so far. I'm liking Touma and Biribiri but some of the side characters I can do without. Kuroko in particular...ugh, I'm dreading those first couple episodes of Railgun when I get to it.

Kuroko certainly takes some time getting used to. I've read some of the mangoes of both and enjoy each, though yeah, I like the science-side characters in general way more than magic-side.

Jesuits on
    tf2_sig.png
  • Options
    Professor SnugglesworthProfessor Snugglesworth Registered User regular
    edited December 2009
    I caught the first two episodes of Naruto Shippuden (dub), watching the other two tonight.

So far I'm into it; Older Naruto is more badass without changing his character too much, there's hints of Naruto/Sakura starting up, the tone and pacing is a lot more serious, and I'll finally see what the deal is with those dudes in the black robes.

I can also see hints of Sasuke overpowers, where right from the start he's the equivalent of Sephiroth, teleporting everywhere and going inside Naruto's head.

I hope it doesn't disgust me too much, because Naruto is a far better character and should be billed as the main hero (isn't he SUPPOSED to be?).

Professor Snugglesworth on
  • Options
    edited December 2009
    Synthesis wrote: »
    Full Metal Panic

How did the second season (not Fumoffu, that was hilarious) stack up next to the second one? I began Second Raid but lost interest when I realized all the psuedo-military-thriller stuff was tremendously boring compare to high school slapstick (which kind of weird for me).

I liked TSR, but there was very little school life comedy. It was all serious business.

juice for jesus on
  • Options
    KlykaKlyka DO you have any SPARE BATTERIES?Registered User regular
    edited December 2009
    Kämpfer is actually turning into an enjoyable,self parodying comedy anime. Of course still with lots of fanservice,but it actually acknowledges that.

Klyka on
    SC2 EU ID Klyka.110
    lTDyp.jpg
  • Options
    edited December 2009
    I caught the first two episodes of Naruto Shippuden (dub), watching the other two tonight.

So far I'm into it; Older Naruto is more badass without changing his character too much, there's hints of Naruto/Sakura starting up, the tone and pacing is a lot more serious, and I'll finally see what the deal is with those dudes in the black robes.

I can also see hints of Sasuke overpowers, where right from the start he's the equivalent of Sephiroth, teleporting everywhere and going inside Naruto's head.

I hope it doesn't disgust me too much, because Naruto is a far better character and should be billed as the main hero (isn't he SUPPOSED to be?).

You're going to be so, so disappointed.

Jragghen on
  • Options
    edited December 2009
    If sometimes the original Naruto anime moved at the pace of molasses then Shippuden can at times move at a snail covered in molasses's pace, backwards.

Xenogears of Bore on
  • Options
    RustRust __BANNED USERS regular
    edited December 2009
    the english dub of soul eater is very good so far

i think black star is a little too squeaky, but it definitely fits his character

looking forward to how they voice crona

Rust on
  • Options
    SpectrumSpectrum Archer of Inferno Chaldea Rec RoomRegistered User regular
    edited December 2009
    Aumni wrote: »
    Saishuu Heiki Kanojo = Best Anime ever?

Discuss.
    No, if only because the size disparity between Chise and whatshisface always kind of weirded me out. Otherwise, no real complaints with the series.

Synthesis wrote: »
    Full Metal Panic

I loved it because of Gates and the twins. Emo!Sousuke is around for a little too long, although it is understandable, and the payoff is soooo worth it. Wraith was pretty cool as well.

Plus, as I mention occasionally, it has one of my favorites scenes in all of anime. (The haircut scene. The actual one.)

Spectrum on
    XNnw6Gk.jpg
  • Options
    tallgeezetallgeeze Registered User regular
    edited December 2009
    Jragghen wrote: »

If you haven't already read the manga it's going to be a long journey until you get to 2 great fights.
    Jariya vs pain

Bee vs anybody.

oh, and the Shikamura fight. He's always good. 3 great fights then.

tallgeeze on
  • Options
    RustRust __BANNED USERS regular
    edited December 2009
    tallgeeze wrote: »

If you haven't already read the manga it's going to be a long journey until you get to 2 great fights.
    Jariya vs pain

Bee vs anybody.

don't forget the sasori puppet extravaganza

Rust on
  • Options
    edited December 2009
    tallgeeze wrote: »

Jariya vs pain

Bee vs anybody.

There's a couple other good ones.
    Sakura and the old woman vs puppet dude.

Any fight involving the mask and voodoo dudes

Jragghen on
  • Options
    edited December 2009
    Shikamaru is lazy batman, of course he'd have great fights.

Speaking about Naruto and fighting, the latest Wii Naruto game is fucking boss. Sure its no longer the best looking, but man oh man are it's mechanics tight.

http://forums.penny-arcade.com/showthread.php?t=104259

Thread is here if you are interested.

Xenogears of Bore on
  • Options
    FalxFalx Registered User regular
    edited December 2009
    My problem with Naruto is that the first two arcs showed everyone just how utterly fantastic it could have been,

And then it wasn't.

And the longer it carried on, the more it became obvious that it never will be. It's hard to believe, but Sasuke AND Naruto both used to be awesome instead of annoying caricatures. And Sakura actually had character development at a regular pace... and... damnit now I wanna watch it again.

Falx on
  • Options
    DragkoniasDragkonias That Guy Who Does Stuff You Know, There. Registered User regular
    edited December 2009
    ...Naruto was fun before they turned him from fun stupid to stupid stupid

Everyone who isn't dumb: "Your friend is a terrorist and a threat to everyone now."

Naruto: "But I can still save him..."

Yeah, basically Naruto was best when it was called "Naruto" and not"Sasuke: The Uchica Chronicles"

Though I will admit we've gotten some pretty awesome fights out of it here and there.

(Also has anyone noticed that Sasuke really hasn't killed anyone that would make him "evil" yet. I mean he's been a douchebag but hasn't done anything truly evil(from what I can remember). So, looks like we may be headed for super redemption ending).

Dragkonias on
  • Options
    FalxFalx Registered User regular
    edited December 2009
    He killed my interest in the series. That's close enough.

Falx on
  • Options
    King RiptorKing Riptor Registered User regular
    edited December 2009
    Falx wrote: »
    He killed my interest in the series. That's close enough.

More reason to hate Character polls .

Bakuman has ruined me. . .

King Riptor on
    I have a podcast now. It's about video games and anime!Find it here.
  • Options
    GodfatherGodfather Registered User regular
    edited December 2009
    The first arc felt entirely self-contained, and had no real relevance to the story.

Was actually pretty dark for a kids show. Had the best (and most respectable) antagonist in the show.

The second arc was the first "official" start of the show, where they started exploring the little system of ninja laws, chakra theology, whatever.

After that it started receding. Didn't really jump ship until after the big showdown between the two leads, but that was only good because of all the crazy clown power-ups the duo kept pulling out of their asses.

Godfather on
This discussion has been closed.