As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Sam and Max Hit The Road: Can I Keep His Head For A Souvenir?

• Options
    Dr SnofeldDr Snofeld Registered User regular
    edited January 2010
    Cherrn wrote: »
    Bad Asp wrote: »
    Since I'd really, really, REALLY like the original voices back (not giving up on my dream), I just had to create a new Sam and Max site. Check the link in my profile under Contact Info to see it... please?
    My current goals are:

1. To get LucasArts to rerelease "Sam and Max Hit the Road" in the United States, and/or uncancel "Sam and Max: Freelance Police", since those are the only two Sam and Max products that contain the original voices

2. To get Telltale to remake its current Sam and Max series so that Bill Farmer voices Sam and Nick Jameson voices Max

3. To convince Steve Purcell to create an entirely new Sam and Max series that contains the original voices just in case options 1 and 2 fail, like maybe an animated series for Adult Swim

Goddamn it, dude. I hate propagating memes, but I feel like Picard facepalming you so hard right now.

I think it's cute. Like a little kid's list of presidential promises.

Dr Snofeld on
    l4d_sig.png
  • Options
    Bad AspBad Asp Registered User regular
    edited January 2010
    Dr Snofeld wrote: »
    I think it's cute. Like a little kid's list of presidential promises.

Why thank you!

Bad Asp on
  • Options
    PatboyXPatboyX Registered User regular
    edited January 2010
    I actually like this Sam much, much better.
    I feel like the pacing works better with his diction.

PatboyX on
    "lenny bruce is not afraid..."
    brush1rt1.jpg
  • Options
    legallytiredlegallytired Registered User regular
    edited January 2010
    In the same vein as Sam and Max was: the Day of the Tentacle.
    Just an awesome way to learn english! ahh nostalgia
    Actually found it recently and played through it again.. I miss this type of game!

Are those old lucas art games( Sam and Max, Full throttle, etc.) abandonware now?

legallytired on
  • Options
    joshofalltradesjoshofalltrades Class Traitor Smoke-filled roomRegistered User regular
    edited January 2010
    Actually found it recently and played through it again.. I miss this type of game!

Are those old lucas art games( Sam and Max, Full throttle, etc.) abandonware now?

Legally there is no such thing as abandonware. It's basically a term used on the internet for, "The company that owns the copyright is not likely to pursue charges against you for downloading, installing and playing this."

They are still being sold on Steam for outrageously cheap prices, you should purchase all of them.

joshofalltrades on
  • Options
    legallytiredlegallytired Registered User regular
    edited January 2010
    Ahh I wasn't aware of that.

Did manage to salvage some games from the 90s from websites that didn't look shady so I figured it was legal. (namely Tyrian 2000 - shooting laser hot dogs in a carrot-ship is always fun)

Thanks for the info!

legallytired on
  • Options
    joshofalltradesjoshofalltrades Class Traitor Smoke-filled roomRegistered User regular
    edited January 2010
    No problem. Steam is better than older copies anyway, since you can just run it straight from the front-end. ScummVM is nice and all but you've got to have things set up a certain way for some games, and I'd rather just click "buy" and then "start game".

joshofalltrades on
  • Options
    AldoAldo Hippo Hooray Registered User regular
    edited January 2010
    Between Good Old Games and Steam you should be able to complete most of your 90s collection, Legallytired.

Aldo on
  • Options
    SpoitSpoit *twitch twitch* Registered User regular
    edited January 2010

Legally there is no such thing as abandonware. It's basically a term used on the internet for, "The company that owns the copyright is not likely to pursue charges against you for downloading, installing and playing this."

They are still being sold on Steam for outrageously cheap prices, you should purchase all of them.

Not to defend pirates or anything, but the only Lucasarts adventure games available on steam are the 4 in the pack (the 2 indiana jones games, loom, and the dig) and ToMI:SE. And GoG doesn't have any LA games

Spoit on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    edited January 2010
    oh

*frowny face*

Aldo on
  • Options
    edited January 2010
    Wait till PAX East, my friends. I'm gonna make it happen if it's the last thing I do.

Bad Asp on
  • Options
    VeganVegan Registered User regular
    edited January 2010
    Great, I look forward to seeing you make an embarrassing scene.

Vegan on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    edited January 2010
    Vegan wrote: »

How do you know for sure I'll be making an embarrassing scene there? What I'm going to do will shock everyone who thinks they know me. All I'm saying is watch. Your mouth will probably be all like: :O

Bad Asp on
  • Options
    cooljammer00cooljammer00 Hey Small Christmas-Man!Registered User regular
    edited January 2010
    I bet she's a hot chick.

cooljammer00 on
    steam_sig.png

3DS Friend Code: 2165-6448-8348 www.Twitch.TV/cooljammer00
    Battle.Net: JohnDarc#1203 Origin/UPlay: CoolJammer00
  • Options
    edited January 2010

How do you know for sure I'll be making an embarrassing scene there? What I'm going to do will shock everyone who thinks they know me. All I'm saying is watch. Your mouth will probably be all like: :O

Oh we'll be watching

and when the police come we'll say we don't know you

Aldo on
  • Options
    edited January 2010
    When your penis makes its appearance Vegan's mouth will certainly not be shaped like an O

joshofalltrades on
  • Options
    LoveIsUnityLoveIsUnity Registered User regular
    edited January 2010
    Didn't Lucasarts already say they would consider releasing more games if the ones they put up on Steam sold well? At this point I think it's probably just a matter of time before we get Sam and Max: Hit the Road and Day of the Tentacle. (Obviously, sooner is better than later since those games are amazing.)

LoveIsUnity on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    edited January 2010
    When your penis makes its appearance Vegan's mouth will certainly not be shaped like an O

I did not say I was going to do THAT! You've definitely got a sick mind, Josh!

Bad Asp on
  • Options
    edited January 2010
    I bet she's a hot chick.

How much do you want to bet?

Bad Asp on
  • Options
    edited January 2010
    Somebody never watched my LP

joshofalltrades on
  • Options
    edited January 2010
    Didn't Lucasarts already say they would consider releasing more games if the ones they put up on Steam sold well? At this point I think it's probably just a matter of time before we get Sam and Max: Hit the Road and Day of the Tentacle. (Obviously, sooner is better than later since those games are amazing.)

If they throw in the cancelled Sam & Max: Freelance Police, I'd be jumping for joy!

Bad Asp on
  • Options
    Dr SnofeldDr Snofeld Registered User regular
    edited January 2010

Holy mother of God he's gonna rape Steve Purcell on stage.

Dr Snofeld on
    l4d_sig.png
  • Options
    edited January 2010

Oh for the love of...

I'm not going to rape Steve Purcell on stage! I don't even know if Steve Purcell is going to be on the stage... or at the convention! I talked with him online, and he told me he's never been to PAX.
    I've never been to PAX. I barely get to the comic book conventions.

Bad Asp on
  • Options
    l337CrappyJackl337CrappyJack Registered User regular
    edited January 2010
    LOOK OUT, STEVE, THE IM IS COMING FROM INSIDE YOUR HOUSE.

l337CrappyJack on
  • Options
    SpoitSpoit *twitch twitch* Registered User regular
    edited January 2010
    He does go to comiccon though, at least the last few times I've went

Spoit on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    edited January 2010

:lol:

joshofalltrades on
  • Options
    edited January 2010

Since when did I send Steve an IM? o_O

Bad Asp on
  • Options
    edited January 2010

Since when did I send Steve an IM? o_O

It's a joke.

Aldo on
  • Options
    edited January 2010
    Aldo wrote: »
    It's a joke.

It better be.

Bad Asp on
  • Options
    edited January 2010
    It's a joke.

It better be.

Yeah, or he'll do to you what he did to Steve Purcell

joshofalltrades on
  • Options
    Smaug6Smaug6 Registered User regular
    edited January 2010

Oh for the love of...

I'm not going to rape Steve Purcell on stage! I don't even know if Steve Purcell is going to be on the stage... or at the convention! I talked with him online, and he told me he's never been to PAX.
    I've never been to PAX. I barely get to the comic book conventions.

Just bought by 3 day pass so I can watch this. See you at PAX East, especially since I live across the street above the bar!

Smaug6 on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    JohnDoeJohnDoe Registered User regular
    edited January 2010
    man, i actually like the new voices, Sam is way easier to follow than on the original TV series.

I like the new Sam, but I prefer the old Max.

JohnDoe on
  • Options
    edited January 2010
    Smaug6 wrote: »
    Just bought by 3 day pass so I can watch this. See you at PAX East, especially since I live across the street above the bar!

Dammit, I told you I'm not going to rape Steve Purcell! What part didn't you understand?

Bad Asp on
  • Options
    DeaderinredDeaderinred Registered User regular
    edited January 2010
    Smaug6 wrote: »

Dammit, I told you I'm not going to rape Steve Purcell! What part didn't you understand?

something tells me the concept of a joke is lost on you.

Deaderinred on
  • Options
    edited January 2010
    I don't get how such a big fan of Sam & Max fails at recognizing when other people are making jokes.

Aldo on
  • Options
    edited January 2010
    I don't get how such a big fan of Sam & Max fails at recognizing when other people are making jokes.

I do recognize when other people make jokes. And I also recognize when people make jokes about me at my expense.

I just wish certain people would understand that the people they make jokes about have feelings, too.

Bad Asp on
  • Options
    edited January 2010

I do recognize when other people make jokes. And I also recognize when people make jokes about me at my expense.

I just wish certain people would understand that the people they make jokes about have feelings, too.

I'm sorry, but you've been 'sperging around the thread from the get-go, going on and on about the old voices. You've made some remarks that could easily be interpreted in funny ways and you're taking yourself so seriously that you are coming off as a stereotype of a rabid fanboy.

If you don't want people to make jokes about you, you should stop being such a loon about this subject. You're taking yourself far too seriously for your own good.

Aldo on
  • Options
    edited January 2010

Welcome to Penny Arcade

If you can't handle a little teasing, you might not be happy here

joshofalltrades on
  • Options
    tsmvengytsmvengy Registered User regular
    edited January 2010
    Sam & Max Hit the Road is the greatest game ever created.

Also the voices from the original game are better than any other iteration.

tsmvengy on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    edited January 2010
    I'm sorry, but you've been 'sperging around the thread from the get-go, going on and on about the old voices. You've made some remarks that could easily be interpreted in funny ways and you're taking yourself so seriously that you are coming off as a stereotype of a rabid fanboy.

If you don't want people to make jokes about you, you should stop being such a loon about this subject. You're taking yourself far too seriously for your own good.

I'm sorry... I'll try not to be much of a loon in the future.

Bad Asp on