As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

It is no longer the beavotron birthday bash [CHAT]stravaganza.

• Options
    CommunistCowCommunistCow Abstract Metal ThingyRegistered User regular
    edited November 2009
    why am I drinking more coffee when I'm already on the verge of throwing up?

Would you just throw up already!

God metal you are so goddamn fat. Go throw up until you are pretty. It may not happen but god damnit you will at least die trying.

No wonder your models demand free shit from you.

They usually ask for a sandwich but all they get is celery.

CommunistCow on
    No, I am not really communist. Yes, it is weird that I use this name.
  • Options
    ScosglenScosglen Registered User regular
    edited November 2009
    Alright Dreamweaver people.

I am working on a Portfolio site with the shambling remnants of HTML knowledge from when I was 10 years old and built a pokemon fansite.

I have my general setup I think, have a table on the top of my index page with hyperlinks to illustration work, figurative work, contact page, etc.

I am trying to figure out CSS. I understand in theory what it's for but actually using it is a bit confusing. How do I make a set of stylistic settings, say, for my index page, and then apply that to all my other pages too?

Scosglen on
  • Options
    FlayFlay Registered User regular
    edited November 2009
    I think there's no other person in the world that has the same name as I do.

I found out (when some official was looking through a database) that apparently there's someone else who has exactly the same name as me, exactly the same birth-date as me and lives somewhere in the west of the same state as me.

My name isn't all that common, so that's enough to make me suspect someone is playing silly buggers. :x

Flay on
  • Options
    MetalbourneMetalbourne Inside a cluster b personalityRegistered User regular
    edited November 2009
    why am I drinking more coffee when I'm already on the verge of throwing up?

Would you just throw up already!

God metal you are so goddamn fat. Go throw up until you are pretty. It may not happen but god damnit you will at least die trying.

No wonder your models demand free shit from you.

to be honest, you'd probably be castrated by a fashion designer if you gave them anything more.

Metalbourne on
  • Options
    PROXPROX Registered User regular
    edited November 2009
    Happy birthday Beavotron!

PROX on
  • Options
    rtsrts Registered User regular
    edited November 2009
    There are 5 other Ryan Schutters on facebook. Two of which have pictures of their pickup trucks for their avatar. And also there is a Ryan Schutter out there somewhere who has earned himself a ytmnd claiming that he has no class.

rts on
  • Options
    edited November 2009
    man i need to send beavotron a present i suppose.

PROX on
  • Options
    beavotronbeavotron Registered User regular
    edited November 2009
    send me 10 plz

beavotron on
  • Options
    VeritasVeritas Registered User regular
    edited November 2009
    Scosglen wrote: »
    Alright Dreamweaver people.

I am working on a Portfolio site with the shambling remnants of HTML knowledge from when I was 10 years old and built a pokemon fansite.

I have my general setup I think, have a table on the top of my index page with hyperlinks to illustration work, figurative work, contact page, etc.

I am trying to figure out CSS. I understand in theory what it's for but actually using it is a bit confusing. How do I make a set of stylistic settings, say, for my index page, and then apply that to all my other pages too?

Write the css in a seperate file and link it in the html pages. The styles will apply to any selectors that you've designated in the css.

Veritas on
  • Options
    rtsrts Registered User regular
    edited November 2009
    You really want 10 naked pictures of PROX?

rts on
  • Options
    edited November 2009
    god no

infracting cakemikz for grossing out a mod

beavotron on
  • Options
    CommunistCowCommunistCow Abstract Metal ThingyRegistered User regular
    edited November 2009

to be honest, you'd probably be castrated by a fashion designer if you gave them anything more.

Good thing I work in local fashion in Denver where it isn't that big of a deal. I have heard that cocaine use is rather prevalent even though everyone is just a bunch of amateurs.

Edit: If anyone is not eating anything it is usually me because I end up running from work to a fashion show then shoot for a few hours. I should really try and remember to grab fast food or something on my way.

CommunistCow on
    No, I am not really communist. Yes, it is weird that I use this name.
  • Options
    edited November 2009
    Another web design question.

How do I account for users who have different display resolutions when viewing my site?

Say I want to have a background image or something for my index page--how do I make it so that It will "fit" on any setup?

Scosglen on
  • Options
    edited November 2009
    Happy circumnavigation of the sun beavs!
    panda.jpg

Flay on
  • Options
    edited November 2009
    Edit: If anyone is not eating anything it is usually me because I end up running from work to a fashion show then shoot for a few hours. I should really try and remember to grab fast food or something on my way.

ugh, don't do that man, its unhealthy as hell. Get some nuts or beef jerky to hold you over until you can get home.

Metalbourne on
  • Options
    edited November 2009
    Flay wrote: »
    panda.jpg

AAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHH

beavotron on
  • Options
    edited November 2009
    @scos

you make it work with the smallest common resolution which is usually 1024x768

or you can make a flexible page design but that is generally more difficult, because you would need to make it so everything can scale without breaking the design.

Veritas on
  • Options
    edited November 2009
    Veritas wrote: »

or you can make a flexible page design but that is generally more difficult.

I'm guessing it's more difficult because I would have to make a version of the site for every possible display resolution?

Scosglen on
  • Options
    edited November 2009
    naw you have things stretch in code

beavotron on
  • Options
    MrBrickMrBrick Underneath pub furniture.Registered User regular
    edited November 2009
    Erm. Hi? I've decided to sign-up and stuff. Not because I draw, but because this is the only bit of the PA forum I bother looking at. Love everyone's work. Praise etc. Btw, whatever happened to that Megaman fellow? He was damned good. Keep it up. I might even get round to opening this box of pencils on my desk, although the celophane's been on them for a good 5 years.

MrBrick on
  • Options
    edited November 2009
    MrBrick wrote: »
    Erm. Hi? I've decided to sign-up and stuff. Not because I draw, but because this is the only bit of the PA forum I bother looking at. Love everyone's work. Praise etc. Btw, whatever happened to that Megaman fellow? He was damned good. Keep it up. I might even get round to opening this box of pencils on my desk, although the celophane's been on them for a good 5 years.

Hi, welcome to the forums, and don't be afraid to show us your work.

Metalbourne on
  • Options
    bombardierbombardier Moderator mod
    edited November 2009

I think he drank too much turpentine.

He's around, but not here. Actually not really the other place either.

bombardier on
  • Options
    edited November 2009
    Scosglen wrote: »
    Veritas wrote: »

or you can make a flexible page design but that is generally more difficult.

I'm guessing it's more difficult because I would have to make a version of the site for every possible display resolution?

People have done that in the past when everything was built in tables but its not the recommended way to design for multiple resolutions now. It usually involves creating pages based on percentages and em's to scales across the browser but it introduces problems where it could be squished or stretched too far that it breaks the design.

Veritas on
  • Options
    MrBrickMrBrick Underneath pub furniture.Registered User regular
    edited November 2009

Hi, welcome to the forums, and don't be afraid to show us your work.

Hmm. I'm a rose grower, if that counts as art? Our company has won a few medals in the UK at some fairly big events...Chelsea, Hampton Court etc.. Not entirely sure floral arrangement really counts for much compared with the years of work some of you buggers have put down.

MrBrick on
  • Options
    edited November 2009
    bombardier wrote: »

I think he drank too much turpentine.

He's around, but not here. Actually not really the other place either.

It was lubricant

Metalbourne on
  • Options
    D-RobeD-Robe Registered User regular
    edited November 2009
    Lubricant goes down smooth.

D-Robe on
    Cheese.
  • Options
    KochikensKochikens Registered User regular
    edited November 2009
    beavotron wrote: »
    Flay wrote: »
    panda.jpg

AAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHH

a2a99cec254f4fb9082295dda56f737a1ebb67a3_m.jpg

Kochikens on
  • Options
    no_toastno_toast Registered User regular
    edited November 2009
    Anyone tried out HTML5 yet? I have to make an assignment with it soon.

no_toast on
  • Options
    IrukaIruka Registered User, Moderator mod
    edited November 2009
    Oh hai Mod bevotron. Do I get special protection now, mod lady?

Also Im home for thanksgiving yaaay, maybe I'll stop losing hair from stress for at least a week. Time to draw draw draw because I feel like it.

Iruka on
  • Options
    desperaterobotsdesperaterobots perth, ausRegistered User regular
    edited November 2009
    I think I speak for all of us when I say:

birthdayforbeavs.jpg

desperaterobots on
  • Options
    edited November 2009
    Shut up. You don't speak for me.

Unrelated, happy birthday beavo.

D-Robe on
    Cheese.
  • Options
    edited November 2009
    D-Robe wrote: »
    Shut up. You don't speak for me.

Unrelated, happy birthday beavo.

Actually, we do. You're plugged into the matrix and instead of actually bothering to bring down the machines we just type ideas into your brain as a joke.

Metalbourne on
  • Options
    edited November 2009

Hi there! :)

Flay on
  • Options
    BedlamBedlam Registered User regular
    edited November 2009
    HAPPY BORTHDAY BEAVO!

My gift is hot dickings, you cannot reject this.

Bedlam on
  • Options
    ProspicienceProspicience The Raven King DenvemoloradoRegistered User regular
    edited November 2009
    Well my happy b-day seems like poop compared to the awesomeness of robots.

HAPPY BIRTHDAY beavo! WOOO WEEEEE WOOO EEEE

Prospicience on
  • Options
    mullymully Registered User regular
    edited November 2009
    beavmodtron

mully on
  • Options
    edited November 2009
    beavotron wrote: »
    god no

infracting cakemikz for grossing out a mod

I...I work out! I've been dieting I...I....

DON'T LOOK AT ME I'M HIDEOUS.

prox_fat.jpg

PROX on
  • Options
    edited November 2009
    Nacho cheese > frosting
    Please correct it.

D-Robe on
    Cheese.
  • Options
    Red_ArremerRed_Arremer Registered User regular
    edited November 2009
    Happy Birthday.

P.S. I'm registered for that observational drawing class I was harping about.

Red_Arremer on
  • Options
    LoomdunLoomdun Registered User regular
    edited November 2009
    OH GOD I NEED MORE CEREAL NOOOOOOO brb

Loomdun on
    splat
This discussion has been closed.