As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

It is no longer the beavotron birthday bash [CHAT]stravaganza.

• Options
    MetalbourneMetalbourne Inside a cluster b personalityRegistered User regular
    edited November 2009
    I was waiting for Franklin to shake his head and send Tobie flying

Metalbourne on
  • Options
    lyriumlyrium Registered User regular
    edited November 2009
    squeeeeee!!! <3<3<3

(I spent Thanksgiving with a Jack Russel too!)

lyrium on
  • Options
    PROXPROX Registered User regular
    edited November 2009
    hey.

PROX on
  • Options
    ChillyChilly Registered User regular
    edited November 2009
    Someone tell the snow it can stop now, I've had enough. I cleared my truck off for a second day in a row and slide into a snow burm right by my work place which took 10 minutes to free myself from even in 4 wheel drive...

Were supposed to get snow on Saturday and Sunday too.

Chilly on
  • Options
    ManonvonSuperockManonvonSuperock Registered User regular
    edited November 2009
    what the fuck is snow?

ManonvonSuperock on
  • Options
    beavotronbeavotron Registered User regular
    edited November 2009
    franklin is so adorable
    i want to hug his big ol' face.

beavotron on
  • Options
    KochikensKochikens Registered User regular
    edited November 2009
    Dog vs Bear is hardly fair

Kochikens on
  • Options
    edited November 2009
    My work: Field trips, watching movies, story time, and cookies and juice hour.

Having a career is so hard you guys

Edit: Also, being a man is so hard

Kochikens on
  • Options
    VeritasVeritas Registered User regular
    edited November 2009
  • Options
    NightDragonNightDragon 6th Grade Username Registered User regular
    edited November 2009
    Veritas wrote: »

Aww, I like Trajan Pro.

:C

It's on my website, even.

NightDragon on
  • Options
    BuckwolfeBuckwolfe Starts With Them, Ends With Us Registered User regular
    edited November 2009
    Yo.

Buckwolfe on
  • Options
    LoomdunLoomdun Registered User regular
    edited November 2009
    nyarghhhh

Loomdun on
    splat
  • Options
    edited November 2009
    hahaha, I didn't know that my cellphone "learned" vocabulary when I sent text messages with "new" words in them.

It just suggested "loserface" to me as I was typing...hahaha

NightDragon on
  • Options
    edited November 2009
    Cellphone?

Learning?

!

It's happening again!!D:

Buckwolfe on
  • Options
    edited November 2009
    I cant wait to post the portrait I drew today, my pads still at school though so I gottaaa go back and draw on the friday workshop tooo

Loomdun on
    splat
  • Options
    edited November 2009
    Fuck.

My cat is in heat again, and my family is treating me like its my fault. I don't recall writing some crazy cat law that says all cats in heat have to be loud and annoying. Its fucking expensive to get those things fixed.

Buckwolfe on
  • Options
    edited November 2009
    Aww, I like Trajan Pro.

I don't think Trajan is bad maybe a bit overused but unlike papyrus its has a pretty defined use at least its not ambiguously useful and at the same time awful for everything.

Veritas on
  • Options
    bombardierbombardier Moderator mod
    edited November 2009
    Kochikens wrote: »

Get mully hired there or you're not allowed to talk about how awesome that place is.

bombardier on
  • Options
    edited November 2009
    bombardier wrote: »

Get mully hired there or you're not allowed to talk about how awesome that place is.

sorry gotta go to beer'o'clock no time

I'm not actually, I don't drink, though there is one. Instead I have to go eat cake and open presents at my birthday party.

Kochikens on
  • Options
    edited November 2009
    I celelbrated my birthday by eating food with other art people

after arting

Loomdun on
    splat
  • Options
    edited November 2009
    Beer'O'Clock already, you say? Oh, my! Where does the time go?

Buckwolfe on
  • Options
    ManonvonSuperockManonvonSuperock Registered User regular
    edited November 2009
    Buckwolfe wrote: »
    Fuck.

My cat is in heat again, and my family is treating me like its my fault. I don't recall writing some crazy cat law that says all cats in heat have to be loud and annoying. Its fucking expensive to get those things fixed.

It's not really that expensive. most cities have low-cost alternatives. and if you're responsible for the cat being in their house, I could see them blaming you for having to deal with a cat in heat. That shit is loud and annoying. I had to chase my ex's down last winter when it went in heat- jumping fences and shit, trying to catch it before it got kitty-fucked. Needless to say we got her fixed right after.

Granted, it's usually suggested to wait until after their first heat for health reasons to do it, but fuck.

ManonvonSuperock on
  • Options
    edited November 2009
    Fuck.

It's not really that expensive. most cities have low-cost alternatives. and if you're responsible for the cat being in their house, I could see them blaming you for having to deal with a cat in heat. That shit is loud and annoying. I had to chase my ex's down last winter when it went in heat- jumping fences and shit, trying to catch it before it got kitty-fucked. Needless to say we got her fixed right after.

Granted, it's usually suggested to wait until after their first heat for health reasons to do it, but fuck.

Not to mention that they'll arch their back and display their swollen cunt in front of anyone and anything, so if you're walking around with no shoes and not watching where you're going, the consequences are fucking disgusting.

Today my dog laid on my lap and slept for two hours while I played video games.

Metalbourne on
  • Options
    edited November 2009
    For whatever reason, its expensive around here. I have no fucking clue why. Its just hard to drop the money down for it when she's not actually in heat. But when she is in heat, it seems so worth it.

I just never have the cash lying around for it. I am getting it done within the next month though.

Her kitty cycle is fucked though. She wasn't supposed to go into heat so soon after the last time. It was kind of unexpected.

Metal - I can honestly say that particular scenario has never happened to me.

Not the dog thing. The bare foot to kitten cunt contact thing.
    My cat rolls around, meows/croons, and eats a lot when she's in heat. She just turns into a major attention whore.

Buckwolfe on
  • Options
    edited November 2009
    My cat rolls around, meows/croons, and eats a lot when she's in heat. She just turns into a major attention whore.

My friends cat is like that, except all the time, she's fixed, So I call her hedonism kitty, cause she just revels in eating all the time and being constantly petted, and if she's not she yells at you until you do.

Veritas on
  • Options
    edited November 2009
    Aww, I like Trajan Pro.

I don't think Trajan is bad maybe a bit overused but unlike papyrus its has a pretty defined use at least its not ambiguously useful and at the same time awful for everything.

Ah.

Well, to be honest, I wasn't even aware it was used that often. I haven't recognized it anywhere...I recognize almost all of those other fonts that that flickr page mentions, though.

So much for having a slightly-less-often-used font! :P

NightDragon on
  • Options
    edited November 2009
    Trajan Pro is the font that is used in like ALL MOVIE POSTERS EVER. However, I still love it.

Also, get your cat fixed.

Kochikens on
  • Options
    edited November 2009
  • Options
    edited November 2009
    I have to fix my cyborg cat all the time

Loomdun on
    splat
  • Options
    edited November 2009
    Trajan Pro is the font that is used in like ALL MOVIE POSTERS EVER. However, I still love it.

Hahaha, yeah, I read that on the flickr page.

I guess it's just not something that I've thought about too often...but now I'll keep a lookout for it!

...I wonder if it's bad to use it on my site/business card/etc? :\ It's not Comic Sans or Papyrus, but I wonder how many people would recognize it...

NightDragon on
  • Options
    edited November 2009
    Whatever, keep using it. It looks great and posters use it cause its good and professional.

Kochikens on
  • Options
    MagicToasterMagicToaster JapanRegistered User regular
    edited November 2009

Also, get your cat fixed.

I've noticed that Gill Sans is everywhere. I don't see Trajan Pro so much.

Edit:

In PR during Christmas they have what is known as a parranda. Basically, a group of friends come with instruments to your home at 2:00 am and play them until you let them in and feed them. It turns out that the parranda I heard last night was not for my neighbor but for me.... man, I slept through the whole thing... I wonder who it was.... I'm a bad host.

MagicToaster on
  • Options
    edited November 2009
    Why is there always 26 people viewing the AC forum. None of the forum viewer counts ever seem to change.

Chilly on
  • Options
    mullymully Registered User regular
    edited November 2009
    we take shifts

mully on
  • Options
    edited November 2009
    Just had some on air talent say live on air:

"There's still hot chocolate to be dronk."

Is that a future/present tense of drink? Drunk?

Chilly on
  • Options
    edited November 2009
    I had a friend in the military.

Was on a C-5 that dodged three surface to air missiles. That's the equivalent of driving a '61 thunderbird through a parking lot full of toddlers on bigwheels and not hitting one.

Guy was driving home one night on his motorcycle and hit a deer. Then he was hit by a semi and an SUV. Left him in a coma for almost a month and I don't know how many broken bones. When he finally came back, he was a shadow of his former self.

Wonder what he's doing now

Metalbourne on
  • Options
    edited November 2009
    Might have found a place ffff

Also Mully, Bombs, you me, lunch

Now I party.

Kochikens on
  • Options
    edited November 2009
    Metalbourne on
  • Options
    edited November 2009
    Wow that is nuts.

Deer are clearly being recruited by al qaida to attack our service men!

Really though, that is a real shame, especially getting hit twice more without the vehicles stopping, I wonder if they ever found out what they did? or if they ironically have support the troops magnets on their vehicles.

Veritas on
  • Options
    edited November 2009
    Wow that is nuts.

Deer are clearly being recruited by al qaida to attack our service men!

Really though, that is a real shame, especially getting hit twice more without the vehicles stopping, I wonder if they ever found out what they did? or if they ironically have support the troops magnets on their vehicles.

Personally, I like the paragraph that says he "followed emergency procedures"

Because, you know, we are so prepared that we actually have emergency procedures for hitting a deer while driving a harley at two in the morning.

That and they said he doesn't remember the two days before the accident later in the article.

But I left the military right when he came back from his medical leave. The guy had obviously lost a lot of weight. He walked with a limp and slurred his speech. Otherwise, he was the same guy, though. Hopefully the medical review board let him stay in, even if he could never fly again.

Metalbourne on
This discussion has been closed.