As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

MOTW - 11/25/09 - We are no longer compromised.

124»

• CrimsondudeCrimsondude Registered User regular
    edited December 2009
    Fencingsax wrote: »
    Yeah. So?

Okay, I guess when I say she has a point until, I don't literally mean that she doesn't have a point anymore, but that it's kind of negated by the fact that her hands are also dirty. She just doesn't come off as sympathetic here, at least to me. Also, she basically is complaining about one of the largest meta-problems in a serialized medium, and well, tough shit you live in a comic book lady.

Well, it sucks when you're sitting courtside to a bunch of people who die and then get better but you know you won't. So I'm willing to cut her some slack.

As for Happy, well... He and Pepper are stupid for not having backed up his brain onto a hard drive and befriending Thor and Strange in the event that he was rendered brain dead.

Crimsondude on
  • Golden YakGolden Yak Burnished Bovine The sunny beaches of CanadaRegistered User regular
    edited December 2009
    Kris_xK wrote: »
    Goign back to Galactus, didnt Richard Reeds or someshit work out that Galactus was essential to the survival of the universe (or whatever)? Now that he's been neutered, does this mean a problem for the universe or has Marvel retconned all that out already?

This really doesn't affect him that much, at all. It's not like he can't eat planets anymore - he just can't eat planets that contain the Shadow People's Old Power any more, for fear of them being 'poisoned' by Hiro-kala. Nothing about Galactus has actually changed. Galactus is essentially forced to go back to the status quo, rather than becoming an Old Power junkie.

Golden Yak on
    H9f4bVe.png
  • durandal4532durandal4532 Registered User regular
    edited December 2009
    Fencingsax wrote: »
    fray wrote: »
    I really like how Balder's been used as an antagonist in Thor even though he's not a bad guy himself, just being manipulated by Loki. Although it is a little hard to comprehend why anyone (especially an Asgardian) would still trust Loki to tell them the time of day at this point.

This is my biggest complaint with the book and the entire run. It makes every single one of them look like absolute morons.

Trusting Loki at inopportune moments is what Asgardians do.

You can't very well be a trickster god if no one falls for your tricks.

durandal4532 on
    Take a moment to donate what you can to Critical Resistance and Black Lives Matter.
  • SolarSolar Registered User regular
    edited December 2009
    Yeah, the way I see it is that Loki surrounds his words with mystical spells and shit to make Baldur and the Asgardians believe what he is saying. We, the readers, just see the words on the page and look right through his lies, but I expect Loki would subtly influence the words he's speaking to make them seem more reasonable and persuasive.

Solar on
  • VirralVirral Registered User regular
    edited December 2009
    Having just read the second Thor TPB recently, I bought the reasons why Balder had decided to trust Loki 100%. I mean, we know he's still just as bad as ever... but Balder gave Loki the benefit of the doubt and Loki's taking it for a ride.

Virral on
    2vlp7o9.jpg
  • WeaverWeaver Who are you? What do you want?Registered User regular
    edited December 2009
    Didn't Tony recently almost have a three-way with Hill and Pepper?

Weaver on
  • FaynorFaynor Registered User regular
    edited December 2009
    Nah, I'm pretty sure if I'm remembering right he almost kissed Pepper then in the next issue totally made out with Maria.

Faynor on
    do you wanna see me eat a hotdog
  • MisterBibsMisterBibs Registered User regular
    edited December 2009
    edit: always check to see if what you're quoting is actually on the last page, heh.

MisterBibs on

kolforumsigpa.gif
    Furu wrote:
    I like that Atrocitus genuinely wants to help save the universe...In the angriest manner possible.
  • ServoServo Registered User, ClubPA regular
    edited December 2009
    Virral wrote: »
    Having just read the second Thor TPB recently, I bought the reasons why Balder had decided to trust Loki 100%. I mean, we know he's still just as bad as ever... but Balder gave Loki the benefit of the doubt and Loki's taking it for a ride.

bought the reasons, eh? the two big reasons? eh? eh virral?

Servo on
    newsigs.jpg
  • VirralVirral Registered User regular
    edited December 2009
    Servo wrote: »
    Virral wrote: »

bought the reasons, eh? the two big reasons? eh? eh virral?

I have absolutely no idea what you mean...
    bewbs.jpg

Virral on
    2vlp7o9.jpg
  • FencingsaxFencingsax It is difficult to get a man to understand, when his salary depends upon his not understanding GNU Terry PratchettRegistered User regular
    edited December 2009
    Still, there's a difference in giving the God of Lies that's been an absolute unremitting bastard up to this point another chance, and making him your chief adviser. Also, with the whole "Oh you're a woman! It's only a coincidence that the last Asgardian we're missing is a woman that looks amazingly close to that? HURP DURP OK!"

Fencingsax on
  • KVWKVW Registered User regular
    edited December 2009
    I'm not sure what youre complaining about. Loki did a lot to earn some degree of trust from Balder and other Asgardians. There's the obvious new beginnings for the Asgardians with the whole Ragnarok and rebirth theme plus his new body to add to the idea that he's changed. The theme of the new age of the Asgardians was of change and breaking away from traditions and the cycle of Ragnarok. If they cannot accept Loki could change, they cannot accept that their people could change and move away from the old ways either.

For actual deeds to prove his worth, there's the huge one of telling Balder his heritage, which had been denied him and kept from him as lies from all others. Loki, basically god of lies, telling him the truth when all others lied to him.

Then there's saving Balder from the frost giants, which Loki set up, but, to anyone, particularly Balder, whom he saved, it would be a huge change of character seeing Loki on such a proactive attack to save his life while killing his former allies, the frost giants.

Finally, Balder never once said he trusted Loki. He even tells Bill he knows of the plight of allying with Doom/moving to Latveria, but kings must do such things for the will of the people or some such, which was perfectly reasonable to me. Even Thor's exile, which Balder clearly suspects is Loki's doing, is carried out based on their laws and not of Balder's volition. He's not portayed as some guillable idiot Loki is leading around by the short hairs.

KVW on
    edited December 2009
    Balder's reasoning behind the Doom thing was great. Either everything works out for the best and they have a new homeland, or Doom and Loki betray them and they have an enemy to unite the Asgardians against.

Faynor on
  • VermisVermis Registered User regular
    edited December 2009
    Faynor wrote: »
    Thor:
    I was actually somewhat disappointed Kelda was killed in such a way. Not only do I think she's a really cool character, I would have loved to see her do the whole Woman Scorned schtick during Siege and kick some ass.

That's pretty much why I loved it. It set you up for tired old tropes you could see coming a mile off, then kicked the chair from underneath you.

Also, Son of the Hulk: didn't Beta Ray Bill already do something like that, not so long ago?

Vermis on
    rulksig.jpg
  • DarkWarriorDarkWarrior __BANNED USERS regular
    edited December 2009
    Vermis wrote: »
    Faynor wrote: »
    Thor:
    I was actually somewhat disappointed Kelda was killed in such a way. Not only do I think she's a really cool character, I would have loved to see her do the whole Woman Scorned schtick during Siege and kick some ass.

That's pretty much why I loved it. It set you up for tired old tropes you could see coming a mile off, then kicked the chair from underneath you.

Also, Son of the Hulk: didn't Beta Ray Bill already do something like that, not so long ago?

No, I think someone else did something to him that was going to make him explode and kill 3 billion planets or something so Bill saved him.

DarkWarrior on
    edited December 2009
    Godhunter:
    Bill starved Galactus by blowing up every planet he wanted to eat, effectively starving him, but then he found out Galactus' death in the heavily populated cluster they were in would kill a so many people he stopped an army from saving their planet along with the Silver Surfer and that other more dickish Herald.

Faynor on
  • Dr. FrenchensteinDr. Frenchenstein Registered User regular
    edited December 2009
    Galactus sure is getting jobbed out lately.

Dr. Frenchenstein on
  • CrimsondudeCrimsondude Registered User regular
    edited December 2009
    By Brits, no less.

Crimsondude on