As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Public transport

• Options
    CalliusCallius Registered User regular
    edited November 2009
    Like the one I have is this sort of three tiered plug with indents between the tiers. Which is great whilst fucking, but doesn't have the flaring out and back in of the traditional plugs, which is great for keeping them in place. Which is great, especially for public outings.

Callius on
    tonksigblack.png
  • Options
    jaziekjaziek Bad at everything And mad about it.Registered User regular
    edited November 2009
    right then. always good to know.

jaziek on
    Steam ||| SC2 - Jaziek.377 on EU & NA. ||| Twitch Stream
  • Options
    MulysaSemproniusMulysaSempronius but also susie nyRegistered User regular
    edited November 2009
    He is a normal boy- great at math and science, OKish at english and social studies. Hates homework, but does Ok on everything else. He started Spanish early though, so he gets to do Highschool level Spanish next year. Going to try to get him into a specialized NY scoence school for highschool, but that depends on a test and it could be iffy.
    I think it's the University of Washington? Not to sure on the details. But it's the top school for his field.
    We play DnD way a lot still. He has a weekly game going on, and I actually DMd a bit of it. If we did move out there, I;m sure he'd wrangle as many people as he could get.
    Glad things are going well. I probably should have quoted your post, but I doubt most people are following this!
    Stay classy

MulysaSempronius on
    If that's all there is my friends, then let's keep dancing
  • Options
    edited November 2009
    He is a normal boy- great at math and science, OKish at english and social studies. Hates homework, but does Ok on everything else. He started Spanish early though, so he gets to do Highschool level Spanish next year. Going to try to get him into a specialized NY scoence school for highschool, but that depends on a test and it could be iffy.
    I think it's the University of Washington? Not to sure on the details. But it's the top school for his field.
    We play DnD way a lot still. He has a weekly game going on, and I actually DMd a bit of it. If we did move out there, I;m sure he'd wrangle as many people as he could get.
    Glad things are going well. I probably should have quoted your post, but I doubt most people are following this!
    Stay classy
    Hah, why am I not surprised that your kid is great at math and science. You programmed his cloning vat much the same as yours was programmed. Would he want to move to NY for the science school? Like, is that something he's keen on?

Oh shits, if he went to the UW we could be UW buddies and make out. Or maybe just play D&D (oh god I need to play D&D again soon... move here. Now).

I'll stay as classy as I can manage. You too!

Callius on
    tonksigblack.png
  • Options
    edited November 2009
    jaziek wrote: »
    right then. always good to know.
    I could go on. Just don't get me started on wireless vibrators and how fucking frustratingly fragile they always are.

Callius on
    tonksigblack.png
  • Options
    scarlet blvd.scarlet blvd. Bebop Cola Goooood!Registered User regular
    edited November 2009
    Has anyone pointed out yet how stupid as hell highschool kids are? Driving to school, paying the school a fee to park, buying their own gas, when free, uncrushable, yellow behemoth is read to get them to school on time for free?

So much goddamn money wasted...

Should be mine

scarlet blvd. on
  • Options
    jaziekjaziek Bad at everything And mad about it.Registered User regular
    edited November 2009
    Has anyone pointed out yet how stupid as hell highschool kids are? Driving to school, paying the school a fee to park, buying their own gas, when free, uncrushable, yellow behemoth is read to get them to school on time for free?

Should be mine

high schoolers in england cant drive.

Our roads are probably safer as a result.

jaziek on
    Steam ||| SC2 - Jaziek.377 on EU & NA. ||| Twitch Stream
  • Options
    CptKemzikCptKemzik Registered User regular
    edited November 2009

Should be mine

When I was in high school the bus for my neighborhood never ran on a consistent schedule, so as a result one of my parents always ended up driving my friend, sibling, and I to high school. Once I could drive it was simply a matter of me doing the driving and giving my parents a break.

Also I would usually end up doing stuff after school that did not involve either staying there or going home.

Also there's that teenage romanticism of having your own wheels.

CptKemzik on
  • Options
    edited November 2009
    The high schools where I grew up had no buses at all. You took the city bus, got a ride from friends/parents, drove yourself or walked.

Richard M. Nixon on
    chevy.jpgsteve.jpgmartin.jpg
  • Options
    autono-wally, erotibot300autono-wally, erotibot300 love machine Registered User regular
    edited November 2009
    public transport here works well

autono-wally, erotibot300 on
    kFJhXwE.jpgkFJhXwE.jpg
  • Options
    Bad-BeatBad-Beat Registered User regular
    edited November 2009
    Of course, it does. It's Germany.

Bad-Beat on
  • Options
    autono-wally, erotibot300autono-wally, erotibot300 love machine Registered User regular
    edited November 2009
    ach, mein history

autono-wally, erotibot300 on
    kFJhXwE.jpgkFJhXwE.jpg
  • Options
    edited November 2009
    du bist ein dummkopf

Bad-Beat on
  • Options
    MeissnerdMeissnerd Registered User regular
    edited November 2009
    one time there was this really fat guy who took up two seats on a bus home from school. he was licking this chocolate wrapper for the entire 40 minute bus ride.

Meissnerd on
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] regular
    edited November 2009
    The user and all related content has been deleted.

[Deleted User] on
  • Options
    JansonJanson Registered User regular
    edited November 2009
    I once had a really strange experience travelling from Sheffield to Manchester

It wasn't the usual transpennine express, but a small, two-carriage train that clearly hadn't been upgraded since the early 70s and it was due to stop at virtually every station.

My boyfriend at the time and I were the only passengers on the train (also unusual) until we stopped at probably the second station - by now in the heart of the Peak District

About 30 people, proper old-school hippies, climb on, carrying nothing but sacks of alcohol

They start handing out beers, then a couple of them pull out guitars and continue to lead the entire train in a rousing sing-song (60s songs, of course) for the remainder of the journey, while the train is passing through the stunning countryside and the ancient little villages and abandoned Victorian factories it holds

Just before we reached Manchester itself - I think seeing the hippies against the backdrop of the city would've broken the spell - the rest of the passengers all departed the train

It was so bizarre and I really did wonder if I'd stepped back in time for an hour

Janson on
  • Options
    EdcrabEdcrab Actually a hack Registered User regular
    edited November 2009
    Maybe you were just tripping

Edcrab on
    cBY55.gifbmJsl.png
  • Options
    edited November 2009
    bus owns train owns you're a faggot

ahaha it really doesn't.

Bad-Beat on
  • Options
    edited November 2009

[Deleted User] on
  • Options
    edited November 2009
    inter-city transit is pretty bad, though, unless you live in and are going to pretty major centres.

Richard M. Nixon on
  • Options
    edited November 2009
    how so?

I'm dying to know.

Bad-Beat on
  • Options
    SipexSipex Registered User regular
    edited November 2009
    Our transit is on strike.

Bloody bus drivers, wanting fair pay.

Sipex on
  • Options
    edited November 2009

[Deleted User] on
  • Options
    OkamiOkami On the internet nobody knows you're a dog. Nobody. Land of Ports, OreganoRegistered User regular
    edited November 2009
    I ride public transportation all the time

Portland's system is really good compared to what I'm used to. Not only is there a colorful assortment of weirdos but even a variety of regulars dudes too

and late night buses out of downtown no matter where you go always have at least one homeless dude that smells like pee

Okami on
  • Options
    ZeroFillZeroFill Feeling much better. A nice, green leaf.Registered User regular
    edited November 2009
    every city I've lived in has had horrible bus routes that go nowhere important and are horribly inconvenient

trains and trolleys and subways and other such railways are usually pretty good though. The Metra up here in Chicago is pretty awesome, especially because fuck driving downtown

and yes public transport is a crazy person haven, but buses moreso than anything else

ZeroFill on
  • Options
    edited November 2009
    Bad-Beat wrote: »
    how so?

I'm dying to know.

it gets you where you need to go and has a lower environmental impact than cramming into a car??

especially here, where a lot of the major bus lines are electric!

it's also cheaper than owning a car

Richard M. Nixon on
  • Options
    ZeroFillZeroFill Feeling much better. A nice, green leaf.Registered User regular
    edited November 2009
    the trolleys in san diego were notorious for being the bum transit system

not sure what places to be but they were always on their way to one place or the other it would seem

ZeroFill on
  • Options
    edited November 2009
    Bad-Beat wrote: »
    how so?

I'm dying to know.

it gets you where you need to go and has a lower environmental impact than cramming into a car??

especially here, where a lot of the major bus lines are electric!

well I meant over a train but ok.

Bad-Beat on
  • Options
    OkamiOkami On the internet nobody knows you're a dog. Nobody. Land of Ports, OreganoRegistered User regular
    edited November 2009
    also fareless square is awesome

If I had a bike I could practically ride to work for free everyday

Okami on
  • Options
    edited November 2009

[Deleted User] on
  • Options
    edited November 2009
    I thought you were saying bus > train

Bad-Beat on
  • Options
    edited November 2009

[Deleted User] on
  • Options
    DichotomyDichotomy Registered User regular
    edited November 2009
    once my friend and I were on the bus and this lady kept giving us the dirtiest look

later we came to the conclusion that she thought we were homosexuals

Dichotomy on
    0BnD8l3.gif
  • Options
    edited November 2009
    i totally wasn't

the train is better than the bus tbh

Well that's good.
    and both are infinitely better than cars

disagree with you here though.

Bad-Beat on
  • Options
    edited November 2009
    Dichotomy wrote: »
    once my friend and I were on the bus and this lady kept giving us the dirtiest look

were you kissing

specifically were you kissing penises

Richard M. Nixon on
  • Options
    HoA-playerHoA-player Registered User regular
    edited November 2009
    public transport here works well

It bet it's even better here.

Or rather here if you take S-Bahn, Busses and Trams into account as well.

HoA-player on
  • Options
    DichotomyDichotomy Registered User regular
    edited November 2009
    Dichotomy wrote: »

were you kissing

specifically were you kissing penises

well yeah but that's no reason to judge

Dichotomy on
    0BnD8l3.gif
  • Options
    edited November 2009
    Japan has an impressive public transport system

ZeroFill on
  • Options
    StaleghotiStaleghoti Registered User regular
    edited November 2009
    Ottawa's public transit is ass

Staleghoti on
    tmmysta-sig.png2wT1Q.gifYAH!YAH!STEAMYoutubeMixesPSN: Clintown
    Dear satan I wish for this or maybe some of this....oh and I'm a medium or a large.
  • Options
    Cold Salmon and HatredCold Salmon and Hatred __BANNED USERS regular
    edited November 2009
    it's not that bad

Cold Salmon and Hatred on