As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Obama Wants Computer Privacy Ruling Overturned

unitedshoes86unitedshoes86 Registered User regular
edited November 2009 in Debate and/or Discourse
The Obama administration is seeking to reverse a federal appeals court decision that dramatically narrows the government’s search-and-seizure powers in the digital age.

Solicitor General Elena Kagan and Justice Department officials are asking the 9th U.S. Circuit Court of Appeals to reconsider its August ruling that federal prosecutors went too far when seizing 104 professional baseball players’ drug results when they had a warrant for just 10.

So I was wondering what your opinions on this are as this has an affect on every American. How strongly should computer privacy rights be protected? Is the luxury of security more beneficial than freedom?

"It’s about those moments when you can feel the perfection of creation, the beauty of physics, the wonder of mathematics, you know?
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
unitedshoes86 on

• Options
    ElkiElki get busy Moderator, ClubPA mod
    edited November 2009
    Elki wrote: »
    From the rules thread. I recommend reading it.

Express your opinion!
    This is an opinion-based forum, after all. Don't hide your thoughts, we want to know them. This goes double for thread-starters - threads which consist of link+'discuss' will be mocked'n'locked, no matter how timely or interesting they may be. You can try again, or someone else will.
    Remember this?! Next time I'm just gonna take away your ability to create threads.

215548605_5CyVQ-L-2.jpg

Elki on
    smCQ5WE.jpg
This discussion has been closed.