As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

[Let's Play] Shin Megami Tensei [The End]

12345679»

• SilpheedSilpheed Registered User regular
    edited April 2010
    Also, by 'God' do they mean 'God' as in 'part of the holy trinity'?

or

Do they mean 'God' as in 'some generic tyranny godlike being up there'?
    They mean YHWH. They really do.

Which... kind of indicates the Old Testament God, who is technically the same guy as New Testament God, but with more genocide and less Hell, so...

Fuck it. Yeah. It's the Holy Trinity God. In an OT mood.
    To be honest, Old Testament God makes for a great villain, considering what a giant asshole He is most of the time. Although it makes me wonder if any of the other SMT titles makes the Messians less of a bunch of assholes than the Gaians?

Silpheed on
  • Xenogears of BoreXenogears of Bore Registered User regular
    edited April 2010
    SJ. Kinda. But that's more because both groups don't really exist in this demonic shadow world!

Xenogears of Bore on
    3DS CODE: 3093-7068-3576
  • CygnusZCygnusZ Registered User regular
    edited April 2010
    cj iwakura wrote: »
    If people can't handle the Persona remake, this would drive them nuts. :P

I think the official word was that it was too difficult to recode.
    (And probably way too much work for too little profit.)

Strange Journey is a huge throwback to the old SMTs, so there's that.

Sort of unrelated, but the original Megami Tensei games were released for Super Famicom in compilation called "Megami Tensei: Old Testament" 女神転生旧約

CygnusZ on
  • Steel AngelSteel Angel Registered User regular
    edited April 2010
    Silpheed wrote: »
    Although it makes me wonder if any of the other SMT titles makes the Messians less of a bunch of assholes than the Gaians?

Devil Survivor does as well, kinda. You have Messian analogues that actually display a range of character and the Gaian analogues basically concentrate all the assholishness associated with them into a single character.

Steel Angel on
    Big Dookie wrote: »
    I found that tilting it doesn't work very well, and once I started jerking it, I got much better results.

Steam Profile
    3DS: 3454-0268-5595 Battle.net: SteelAngel#1772
  • NeurotikaNeurotika Registered User regular
    edited April 2010
    Well done!

Neurotika on
  • cj iwakuracj iwakura The Rhythm Regent Bears The Name FreedomRegistered User regular
    edited April 2010
    Although it makes me wonder if any of the other SMT titles makes the Messians less of a bunch of assholes than the Gaians?

Devil Survivor does as well, kinda. You have Messian analogues that actually display a range of character and the Gaian analogues basically concentrate all the assholishness associated with them into a single character.

I'm really partial to the Messians in Imagine. They actually seem like a decent bunch who want to restore order to a chaotic society, not just kill everyone who disagrees with them.

And I've given SMT2 a test run. It doesn't seem to be very user-feedback friendly. But we'll see.

cj iwakura on
    wVEsyIc.png
  • elliotw2elliotw2 Registered User regular
    edited April 2010
    cj iwakura wrote: »

I'm really partial to the Messians in Imagine. They actually seem like a decent bunch who want to restore order to a chaotic society, not just kill everyone who disagrees with them.

And I've given SMT2 a test run. It doesn't seem to be very user-feedback friendly. But we'll see.

You do get to name all the important people in the story, just like in SMT1. It's just more spread out.

elliotw2 on
    camo_sig2.pngXBL:Elliotw3|PSN:elliotw2
  • Xenogear_0001Xenogear_0001 Registered User regular
    edited July 2010
    I probably should have read this before your LP of SMT 2, but fuck it. This was awesome man, and I would never have the patience to do what you did.

Xenogear_0001 on
    steam_sig.png
  • an_altan_alt Registered User regular
    edited July 2010
    Great job, cj!

I've had this thread open in my browser for months and just finished it today. I would have posted this in the SMT thread, but since this one was bumped today I don't feel bad about it. ;-)

Again, very well done and thanks for putting in the effort.

an_alt on
    Pony wrote:
    I think that the internet has been for years on the path to creating what is essentially an electronic Necronomicon: A collection of blasphemous unrealities so perverse that to even glimpse at its contents, if but for a moment, is to irrevocably forfeit a portion of your sanity.
    Xbox - PearlBlueS0ul, Steam
    If you ever need to talk to someone, feel free to message me. Yes, that includes you.