As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[d20 Future] Take a Trip to the Rim... (IC and OOC)

12345679»

• Options
    UnsaltedUnsalted Registered User regular
    edited March 2010
    Hey guys! So just checking back in.

Havn't heard anything from Susan, though I'm sure she wont mind us kidnapping her little universe. I like a lot of the things that we've come up with so far, so I'm going to keep it set in the same universe and time-line for now.

Here's a preview of the intro to the game. You guys will recognize some familiar faces.
    :winky:
    The smell of yeast and ozone clung to the night as he wandered in the cold dark of the desolate planet. His breath played out on the stale air, seeming to linger just a moment too long. His panting became more frantic at the sounds behind him.
    The sound of the A.T.V. in pursuit made his nerves clench as he desperately scurried farther and farther into the dark, cold, planet night. He stumbled over rock and vegetation alike, trying for his life to stay unseen. If he could only get away...

-

The sound of the revolver cocking behind him froze him in his tracks.
    "Now ye've done it boy." The grizzled voice echoed from behind him. The sound of crunching gravel registers as the large man walks forward.
    "Turn around, nice and slow like..." The large man barks, motioning with his revolver.
    With a deep sigh, Mason turned slowly to face the huge pirate, wincing as he held up his hands in surrender.
    The pirate, grinning with his victory, reaches for his radio…

-

Only to hear it register with the paniced trill of one of his men. "Boss?! BOSS?! Oh man, come in big daddy. Come in."
    On the other end of the line, as both Mason and the pirate stare at the radio in disbelief, comes a gut wrenching scream. The sound of the gunfire on the air is repeated on the open radio.
    "Nooooo! Noo!"
    The last thing that is heard from the other end of the radio sends chills down the men's spines and steals the color from their faces.

-

The sound could not be from any natural creature. That seemed to register in the dark reaches of both men's minds. It was a sound that seemed crafted specifically to incite fear, and it did so impecably. The reverberations of that keening wail echoed across the distance to their current location. It moved after them as if it knew they were out there, somewhere in the dark.
    Mason wanted nothing more than to be off that wretched planet as he watched the large pirate stare at the distant settlement.

-

The big man could hear the gunfire... and the screams... and that oh so terrible sound. He stood their staring at the distant settlement in disbelief.
    His radio registered again and a voice, clear and resolute piped up.

-

Mason knew the voice. He shook his head as he choked back something stuck between sob and chuckle.
    "If you can hear me... Run. I dont care what side you were on before this... Just run. Run far and tell the verse. Tell the whole damned verse that we are not alone.... May god help us."
    The radio goes blank. In the distance a single gunshot registers, the caliber is of a certain personal sidearm. It's not one often heard this far out from the core.

-

Mason nearly chokes as Jonas ends the radio connection. He knows the fate of his friend as the single shot rings defiantly on the air...

[D20 Future] The Rim will never be the same...

Unsalted on
  • Options
    SteelhawkSteelhawk Registered User regular
    edited March 2010
    Aliens! And/Or Monsters! And they ate Jonas, and likely everyone else too. Cool. I'm still interested.

Whats the word on this?

Steelhawk on
  • Options
    UnsaltedUnsalted Registered User regular
    edited March 2010
    Just waitin to hear back from the crowd, particularily to get susan's ok to use this setting(since it was hers originally. :)) Other than that, we will organize up the specifics and get our own thread rolling.

Unsalted on
  • Options
    kuhlmeyekuhlmeye Registered User regular
    edited March 2010
    Man, I would love to participate, but I think with work and other life stuff going on, I only have the time to particpate in one PbP game here, and I've already met that quota. I wish you all the best, and give my full consent for the use of Turos. If this does get off the ground (which I hope it does) I will be watching eagerly from the sidelines!

kuhlmeye on
    PSN: the-K-flash