As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

New Comic for 11/30/09

• Options
    ArtreusArtreus I'm a wizard And that looks fucked upRegistered User regular
    edited November 2009
    Gumpy wrote: »
    Wait

Reading the news post, what does he mean when he talks about teleporting knife users

Is there an actual power that allows you to skip the process of running them down before you stab t hem, risking life and limb to get the kill

Doesn't that remove the delicious glory of the kill?

No. You run around and have to chase people down like normal. You can just stab from a little bit further than usual. It is sort of a lunge.

Artreus on
    http://atlanticus.tumblr.com/ PSN: Atlanticus 3DS: 1590-4692-3954 Steam: Artreus
  • Options
    DarkewolfeDarkewolfe Registered User regular
    edited November 2009
    Artreus wrote: »
    Wait

Reading the news post, what does he mean when he talks about teleporting knife users

Is there an actual power that allows you to skip the process of running them down before you stab t hem, risking life and limb to get the kill

No. You run around and have to chase people down like normal. You can just stab from a little bit further than usual. It is sort of a lunge.

~12 feet or so of a lunge.

Darkewolfe on
    What is this I don't even.
  • Options
    JasconiusJasconius sword criminal mad onlineRegistered User regular
    edited November 2009
    I guess the solution is to not play shitty games.

Though this does remind me of SWAT 4 and how this one gun could inexplicably shoot through 2 meters of solid steel.

Jasconius on
  • Options
    edited November 2009
    Darkewolfe wrote: »
    Wait

I would like to see that lunge

Artreus on
    http://atlanticus.tumblr.com/ PSN: Atlanticus 3DS: 1590-4692-3954 Steam: Artreus
  • Options
    NotASenatorNotASenator Registered User regular
    edited November 2009
    Darkewolfe wrote: »
    Wait

I would like to see that lunge

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dJ95qwNaD78

NotASenator on
  • Options
    A Dabble Of TheloniusA Dabble Of Thelonius It has been a doozy of a dayRegistered User regular
    edited November 2009
    85029600.png

A Dabble Of Thelonius on
    vm8gvf5p7gqi.jpg
    Steam - Talon Valdez :Blizz - Talonious#1860 : Xbox Live & LoL - Talonious Monk @TaloniousMonk Hail Satan
  • Options
    ToridasToridas Registered User new member
    edited November 2009
    what's the deal with the shadow on the couch?

Toridas on
    "RPG" != "story-driven game with adjustable stats"
  • Options
    Waka LakaWaka Laka Riding the stuffed Unicorn If ya know what I mean.Registered User regular
    edited November 2009
    In one game I've had 3 knifers attack me in a small area, all got shotgunned, then as I was reloading a 4th came out of nowhere, it was like a parody. I had to double check I wasn't playing Left 4 Dead.

Waka Laka on
  • Options
    A duck!A duck! Moderator, ClubPA mod
    edited December 2009
    A duck! on
  • Options
    NewtronNewtron Registered User regular
    edited December 2009
    I think the only place where I enjoy melee weapons in a fps game is TF2.

It's pretty stupid everywhere else.

Newtron on
  • Options
    UnreadableHulkUnreadableHulk Registered User regular
    edited December 2009
    I assume in this usage a dog rapist is one whom rapes dogs.

UnreadableHulk on
  • Options
    Volucrisus AedriusVolucrisus Aedrius Registered User regular
    edited December 2009
    Newtron wrote: »

Nothing is more satisfying on TF2 than rocket jumping over the enemy team, killing the pyro that was charging you in the process, unloading more rockets at the dudes as you fly over them, then landing and shoveling their medic before he has a chance to pop the ubercharge he's milking.

It is the thing ragequits are made of.

Volucrisus Aedrius on
  • Options
    edited December 2009
    Newtron wrote: »

It would mostly make sense here since it is just a thing you have on your belt for a quick attack if someone gets too close to you to shoot them effectively.

I believe that was the idea. It was just too effective in this game so you have people running around stabbing bitches.

Artreus on
  • Options
    CampionCampion Registered User regular
    edited December 2009
    I was watching Bombardier play this. He was so far ahead, just stabbing all the people, that he could leave the game for a while and come back, and still be winning.

Campion on
    4484-7718-8470
  • Options
    KnobKnob TURN THE BEAT BACK InternetModerator mod
    edited December 2009
    i do so much better with the knife than with guns

marathon + lightweight + commando + tactical knife

you run about 30 mph and can stab a guy from 20 feet away

Knob on
  • Options
    Kuribo's ShoeKuribo's Shoe Kuribo's Stocking North PoleRegistered User regular
    edited December 2009
    they mention that very build in the newspost

Kuribo's Shoe on
    xmassig2.gif
  • Options
    Waka LakaWaka Laka Riding the stuffed Unicorn If ya know what I mean.Registered User regular
    edited December 2009
    It also has a lock on, which makes it easier.

The best counter I've found -> Auto Shotgun, Claymores, Heartbeat Sensor (Only if they are not using Scrambler Pro or Ninja).

edit -> aaaand I still can't remove Kuribo from ignore.

Waka Laka on
  • Options
    edited December 2009
    they mention that very build in the newspost

and so they should because it is the BEST

Knob on
  • Options
    AbracadanielAbracadaniel Registered User regular
    edited December 2009
    Waka Laka wrote: »

The best counter I've found -> Auto Shotgun, Claymores, Heartbeat Sensor (Only if they are not using Scrambler Pro or Ninja).

no one can, it's there till the powers that be decide his fate

Abracadaniel on
  • Options
    stimtokolosstimtokolos Registered User regular
    edited December 2009

Apart from the 'Pro' portion of scrambler I find that anyone using it just make themselves more of a target to me. Because when my radar starts to fuzz out I know they're approaching at ready myself for them.
    If they're hiding with it a similar situation occurs because I can home in on their location by moving closer and farther away and once again notice the change in fuzz on the radar.

stimtokolos on
  • Options
    edited December 2009
    So it's like

254537906_taieg-L-2.jpg

Campion on
    4484-7718-8470
  • Options
    edited December 2009
    are they talking about depression in that comic

Abracadaniel on
  • Options
    edited December 2009
    That is when Gabe went on his looney pills for anxiety/depression, so yeah.

Campion on
    4484-7718-8470
  • Options
    edited December 2009
    okay cause it's pretty accurate

Abracadaniel on
  • Options
    edited December 2009
    I knew two people with depression, and the best way to detect when they were not on the pills is when they were bat-poop bonkers or not.

Campion on
    4484-7718-8470
  • Options
    Detacht69Detacht69 Registered User new member
    edited December 2009
    I do have a lot of valuable things to say

Another fine post exemplifying this fact.

Detacht69 on
  • Options
    edited December 2009
    Campion wrote: »
    So it's like

254537906_taieg-L-2.jpg

I like that book. I think one of the only EU books I read. Maybe a few others.

Also what is the pro portion of scrambler?

Also yeah I can never really get what is happening with my medication until I forget to take it and go insane.

Artreus on
  • Options
    edited December 2009
    pro scrambler makes any claymores you trigger wait a second before going off. even more useless than vanilla scrambler.

also, i just tried the javelin glitch and that is the most hilarious thing in the world

Knob on
  • Options
    edited December 2009

Apart from the 'Pro' portion of scrambler I find that anyone using it just make themselves more of a target to me. Because when my radar starts to fuzz out I know they're approaching at ready myself for them.
    If they're hiding with it a similar situation occurs because I can home in on their location by moving closer and farther away and once again notice the change in fuzz on the radar.

You're right, It's Scrambler, not Scrambler Pro.

I've only just realised now that the new perks don't carry on the benefits of the original, I've been trying to shoot dudes with the vehicle penetration perk this whole time not catching on that it won't be any better for people.

FUUUUUUUUUUUUUU~~~~~

Waka Laka on
  • Options
    the cheatthe cheat Registered User, ClubPA regular
    edited December 2009
    i think you might be wrong about that. in fact you are 100% wrong about that.

also, KNIFING RULES.

the cheat on
    tKfL2Yd.png?1
  • Options
    PikaPuffPikaPuff Registered User regular
    edited December 2009
    low quality video but good at showing how a commando knifing build looks like and how far they lunge

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wy6o8flKTu0

high quality video but no tac knife (so slow knife recovery) and less knifing in general

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kYk6ftMOdfE

PikaPuff on
    jCyyTSo.png
  • Options
    pwcaponepwcapone Registered User regular
    edited December 2009
    Anyone else noticed a large upswing in the amount of people using the knife since the comic came out? Sometimes its funny to watch people not used to using it yet chase after people only to get shot in the back by the targets teammates.

pwcapone on
  • Options
    SirToastySirToasty Registered User regular
    edited December 2009

You're right, It's Scrambler, not Scrambler Pro.

I've only just realised now that the new perks don't carry on the benefits of the original, I've been trying to shoot dudes with the vehicle penetration perk this whole time not catching on that it won't be any better for people.

FUUUUUUUUUUUUUU~~~~~
    Pro versions are the same as the regular version but with an extra effect on top. They don't lose the original effect once you go pro.

SirToasty on
  • Options
    A Dabble Of TheloniusA Dabble Of Thelonius It has been a doozy of a dayRegistered User regular
    edited December 2009
    Wait the knife has a lock on? Pfahaha. Really?

A Dabble Of Thelonius on
    vm8gvf5p7gqi.jpg
    Steam - Talon Valdez :Blizz - Talonious#1860 : Xbox Live & LoL - Talonious Monk @TaloniousMonk Hail Satan
  • Options
    SirToastySirToasty Registered User regular
    edited December 2009
    It kind of snaps to someone if you are facing them. Not sure what makes it work cause sometimes I completely whiff a knife attempt.

SirToasty on
  • Options
    edited December 2009

Not a whole lot. But a little. I mean it has as much lock on as the gun does when you aim.

Also that guy in the first knifing video was mostly really lucky that the dudes on the other team were idiots and were never in a position to see him.

Also man that tactical knife was awesome. If he'd been using the regular knife, the recovery time would have gotten him killed on a couple of occasions there.

Artreus on
  • Options
    edited December 2009
    Ah, so the whole game has the merest brush of auto aim kinda like Halo and such? This I did not know.

A Dabble Of Thelonius on
    vm8gvf5p7gqi.jpg
  • Options
    edited December 2009
    Yeah, it still does that awesome thing where if somebody runs behind a dude you are targeting, your aim gets thrown off a bit.

Also when you snap-to your sights it nudges you towards the target a bit. The tutorial point it out

Artreus on
  • Options
    Grey GhostGrey Ghost Registered User regular
    edited December 2009
    I told myself I was gonna turn off the snap aiming but it saved my ass more than a few times, so

Grey Ghost on
  • Options
    the cheatthe cheat Registered User, ClubPA regular
    edited December 2009
    i always disable that faggot shit. what is wrong with you guys?

the cheat on
    tKfL2Yd.png?1