Options

New Prince of Persia Announced for May '10, Returns to Sands of Time Storyline

2456720

Posts

  • Options
    slash000slash000 Registered User regular
    edited November 2009
    jclast wrote: »
    I played SoT on PS2 and WW and tTT on Xbox. I don't remember horrible sound on any of them.

    Maybe my glasses are rose-colored?

    Possibly.

    I'd have to pop Sands back in again to see what Olivaw is referring to. Maybe if I play it again with fresh ears I'll notice the sound quality or something, because I don't remember its sound being bad at all.

    slash000 on
  • Options
    LewiePLewieP Registered User regular
    edited November 2009
    Well gamecube discs are 1.5gb only, not 4.5gb (right?) of PS2/oxbox discs. Could have been a Gamecube only problem.

    LewieP on
  • Options
    OlivawOlivaw good name, isn't it? the foot of mt fujiRegistered User regular
    edited November 2009
    I don't know how you couldn't notice it, honestly

    It stuck out to me like a sore thumb the very first time I played it

    Olivaw on
    signature-deffo.jpg
    PSN ID : DetectiveOlivaw | TWITTER | STEAM ID | NEVER FORGET
  • Options
    surrealitychecksurrealitycheck lonely, but not unloved dreaming of faulty keys and latchesRegistered User regular
    edited November 2009
    PoP2008 was the most embarassing game I've ever played.

    BUT

    new sands of time:?! YUSUSUSYUSYUSYUS

    surrealitycheck on
    obF2Wuw.png
  • Options
    OlivawOlivaw good name, isn't it? the foot of mt fujiRegistered User regular
    edited November 2009
    All these people bitching and moaning about the new Prince of Persia makes me want to play it

    Because there is no possible way it can be nearly as bad as anyone here makes it out to be

    Olivaw on
    signature-deffo.jpg
    PSN ID : DetectiveOlivaw | TWITTER | STEAM ID | NEVER FORGET
  • Options
    FiarynFiaryn Omnicidal Madman Registered User regular
    edited November 2009
    Olivaw wrote: »
    All these people bitching and moaning about the new Prince of Persia makes me want to play it

    Because there is no possible way it can be nearly as bad as anyone here makes it out to be

    It's a lot like the original Assassin's Creed. Not great, but good. It has significant flaws but a strong foundation that gives me high hopes for the improvements we may see in a sequel.

    And it's really really pretty.

    Fiaryn on
    Soul Silver FC: 1935 3141 6240
    White FC: 0819 3350 1787
  • Options
    LewiePLewieP Registered User regular
    edited November 2009
    Olivaw wrote: »
    All these people bitching and moaning about the new Prince of Persia makes me want to play it

    Because there is no possible way it can be nearly as bad as anyone here makes it out to be

    Did you like Assasins Creed? I think that a lot of the people that liked POP loved AC.

    LewieP on
  • Options
    NightslyrNightslyr Registered User regular
    edited November 2009
    Sounds like it's going to be a movie tie-in to me. After the crapfest that was PoP2008, I remain skeptical.

    Nightslyr on
  • Options
    slash000slash000 Registered User regular
    edited November 2009
    LewieP wrote: »
    Well gamecube discs are 1.5gb only, not 4.5gb (right?) of PS2/oxbox discs. Could have been a Gamecube only problem.

    Maybe. I played it on PS2.

    I jsut popped my PS2 disc into my DVD rom drive.

    The sound file data takes up about 300 megabytes total.


    The only things that take up a significant portion of disc space is the cinematic and movie files.

    Cinematics take up 1.15 gigs, and something called "MOVIEPS2" takes up 612 megs.



    I would assume on the GCN version they would simply compress the cinematics more to fit onto the disc rather than compressing the sound data which only accounts for 300 megs rather than 1.15 to 1.8 gigs.

    (the total amount of data stored onthe POP SoT playstation 2 disc is 2.24 gigs)

    slash000 on
  • Options
    InkSplatInkSplat 100%ed Bad Rats. Registered User regular
    edited November 2009
    Wow.. that trailer for the movie actually looks good. Color me shocked. It felt like "Pirates of Persia". Which is by no means a bad thing.

    And I love PoP2k8. Its a fantastic, relaxing game that looks gorgeous and makes me feel cool when I do cool things without frustrating the shit out of me.

    InkSplat on
    Origin for Dragon Age: Inquisition Shenanigans: Inksplat776
  • Options
    slash000slash000 Registered User regular
    edited November 2009
    Olivaw wrote: »
    All these people bitching and moaning about the new Prince of Persia makes me want to play it

    Because there is no possible way it can be nearly as bad as anyone here makes it out to be


    See, this was my attitude. I played POP08 like just over half a year after it came out, after all the initial hype and anti-hype had died down. I got the game for relatively cheap ($15) and I loaded it up with an open and excited state of mind. I thought I had seen both sides of the "debate" and figured any disdain for the game came only from the fact that it's not exactly like the original Sands games... but I was wrong.

    After starting it, about an hour or two in, I thought it was great. But after that the repetitive nature started to grind on my nerves, and it quickly became obvious that the gameplay wasn't getting any deeper (and believe me, it is very shallow and mindless). By the time I was about halfway in, I was bored enough that I put it away for two or three weeks. It definitely overstays its welcome.

    (edit: I eventually came back to finish it to knock it off my backlog and to see if the story went anywhere. It doesn't. )

    slash000 on
  • Options
    King RiptorKing Riptor Registered User regular
    edited November 2009
    darleysam wrote: »
    So this is because of the Gyllenhal trainwreck?


    More reason to hate that movie I guess.

    Oh you've seen it?

    Enough of it to form an opinion yes.

    King Riptor on
    I have a podcast now. It's about video games and anime!Find it here.
  • Options
    DarkPrimusDarkPrimus Registered User regular
    edited November 2009
    They are releasing LEGO Prince of Persia sets to tie-in with the new film (before you say anything, Jordan Mechner thinks getting LEGO sets is awesome), so maybe we can get a LEGO PoP game?

    DarkPrimus on
  • Options
    darleysamdarleysam On my way to UKRegistered User regular
    edited November 2009
    darleysam wrote: »
    So this is because of the Gyllenhal trainwreck?


    More reason to hate that movie I guess.

    Oh you've seen it?

    Enough of it to form an opinion yes.

    Then may I presume that you're a hyper-reactionary person who jumps to conclusions well before any valuable information is presented?

    As for this new PoP game, yeah it'll be timed to release with the film, but it's not like the team's not had plenty of time and notice to work on it. PoP2008 shipped a year ago and they've already got a fantastic engine and a good many people knocking about at the Montreal studio, so I'm sure it'll be decent.

    darleysam on
    forumsig.png
  • Options
    MongerMonger I got the ham stink. Dallas, TXRegistered User regular
    edited November 2009
    Olivaw wrote: »
    LewieP wrote: »
    Olivaw wrote: »
    They'd need to update the sound, too

    That was the single worst thing about Sands of Time, the terrible sound quality

    Which version did you play? I played it and Two Thrones on the Gamecube, and remember at least one of them having awful audio quality, for the voices expecially.

    It was on the Gamecube, yeah

    Sands of Time had terrible, tinny sound quality for it's voices especially. It sounded like they were being played through a twenty year old radio
    That was an across the board problem with the voice recording or something. I've played it on both the PS2 and PC, and it had issues with the voicing on both versions. It tended to be tinny and weak at times, then muffled and boomy at other times. The problem was mostly that all the music and other audio effects were consistent, so when the range on the voicing changed, it was near impossible to understand. Plus, no subtitles.
    On that note, hey developers. Hi. I'm going to provide a handy checklist of things that should be in your game, lest you risk throatpunching from me.

    A. Subtitles. On everything. Literally everything. Like a Valve game. You should all be more like Valve.
    B. Pausable, skippable cutscenes. I almost thought we were past this. Shame on you, industry.

    Anyways, I will only accept this as a good idea if it creates a continuity in which Warrior Within didn't happen. If this gets us a real sequel to SoT, I'm all on board. Two Thrones notwithstanding.

    Monger on
  • Options
    King RiptorKing Riptor Registered User regular
    edited November 2009
    darleysam wrote: »
    darleysam wrote: »
    So this is because of the Gyllenhal trainwreck?


    More reason to hate that movie I guess.

    Oh you've seen it?

    Enough of it to form an opinion yes.

    Then may I presume that you're a hyper-reactionary person who jumps to conclusions well before any valuable information is presented?

    Yes God forbid I dislike something because it meets your criteria for being enjoyable.

    I don't like the lead actor, Producer or trailer. Why exactly should I have a wait and see attitude?

    King Riptor on
    I have a podcast now. It's about video games and anime!Find it here.
  • Options
    The Dude With HerpesThe Dude With Herpes Lehi, UTRegistered User regular
    edited November 2009
    darleysam wrote: »
    darleysam wrote: »
    So this is because of the Gyllenhal trainwreck?


    More reason to hate that movie I guess.

    Oh you've seen it?

    Enough of it to form an opinion yes.

    Then may I presume that you're a hyper-reactionary person who jumps to conclusions well before any valuable information is presented?

    Yes God forbid I dislike something because it meets your criteria for being enjoyable.

    I don't like the lead actor, Producer or trailer. Why exactly should I have a wait and see attitude?

    Because. If you don't wait till after the movie comes out to judge it, how can you join all the cool kids in their uppity attitudes about how terrible the movie is on the basis of art or some shit?

    Jeez, don't you get the rules to internet forums? If you go on now about how bad it is it makes it so you can't be pretentious as shit when it is released and tell anyone who did like it how wrong they are.

    Get with the program. You're throwing away your "I'm better than you" cred by hating it this early!

    Duh

    EDIT: I would just like to throw my hat in for the "I loved PoP08" vote. It had its flaws but it was a really fun game. This is coming from someone who never played the SoT trilogy however so whatever.

    Epilogue was terrible though. I don't mean for story. It had an interesting enough story that was clearly to tie it to a then inevitable sequel; but the platforming, controls and everything else about it was bad bad bad. Anything that was a nitpick in the normal game became controller through monitor infuriating.

    I would be lying if I said anything other than this sold me on the game from the get go however.

    The Dude With Herpes on
    Steam: Galedrid - XBL: Galedrid - PSN: Galedrid
    Origin: Galedrid - Nintendo: Galedrid/3222-6858-1045
    Blizzard: Galedrid#1367 - FFXIV: Galedrid Kingshand

  • Options
    toxk_02toxk_02 Registered User regular
    edited November 2009
    Hey now we can argue about the logo!
    http://www.gamekult.com/articles/A0000081445/

    4ibzaq.jpg

    toxk_02 on
    OTP.jpg
  • Options
    King RiptorKing Riptor Registered User regular
    edited November 2009
    toxk_02 wrote: »
    Hey now we can argue about the logo!
    http://www.gamekult.com/articles/A0000081445/

    4ibzaq.jpg

    They could have made the subtitle the same font as the game title.


    Also my french is rusty but I believe it says something about an Obelisk.

    Edit - My french is nonexistent it seems.

    King Riptor on
    I have a podcast now. It's about video games and anime!Find it here.
  • Options
    PeewiPeewi Registered User regular
    edited November 2009
    toxk_02 wrote: »
    Hey now we can argue about the logo!
    http://www.gamekult.com/articles/A0000081445/
    4ibzaq.jpg

    Giant Bomb appears to have an english version of the logo.
    You can click it for a ridiculously high resolution version.

    Peewi on
  • Options
    GrimthwackerGrimthwacker Registered User regular
    edited November 2009
    This news fills me with a mixture of joy and worry. I loved the SoT trilogy (yes, even Warrior Within), and liked the most recent one (not loved, liked), so more PoP is always fine by me. I just worry that by going back to the Sands "style" (possibly meaning the ability to rewind and manipulate time) they'll just be trying to rehash old ideas instead of trying something new and novel. As much flack as Elika caught, I liked the way she essentially made the whole of PoP '08 a smooth, unbroken experience without too much loading or immersion-breaking. Here's to hoping all goes well with this one.

    Grimthwacker on
  • Options
    Doc HollidayDoc Holliday Registered User regular
    edited November 2009
    Yikes. That subtitle.

    I bet the models are going to be based after the actors in the movies. Aw yeah.

    Doc Holliday on
    PSN & Live: buckwilson
  • Options
    lionheart_mlionheart_m Registered User regular
    edited November 2009
    LewieP wrote: »
    Olivaw wrote: »
    All these people bitching and moaning about the new Prince of Persia makes me want to play it

    Because there is no possible way it can be nearly as bad as anyone here makes it out to be

    Did you like Assasins Creed? I think that a lot of the people that liked POP loved AC.

    Weird, because I hated AC but loved PoP. Ok, hate is a strong word. I didn't mind the repetitiveness in PoP but I hated it in AC.

    But yes, both games' fault boil down to shallow repetitive gameplay that doesn't evolve. I suppose the huge problem lies in trying to make it open world instead of a straight path like SoT.

    lionheart_m on
    3DS: 5069-4122-2826 / WiiU: Lionheart-m / PSN: lionheart_m / Steam: lionheart_jg
  • Options
    cooljammer00cooljammer00 Hey Small Christmas-Man!Registered User regular
    edited November 2009
    So are they rehiring Yuri Lowenthal? I still need to finish The Two Thrones.

    cooljammer00 on
    steam_sig.png

    3DS Friend Code: 2165-6448-8348 www.Twitch.TV/cooljammer00
    Battle.Net: JohnDarc#1203 Origin/UPlay: CoolJammer00
  • Options
    MongerMonger I got the ham stink. Dallas, TXRegistered User regular
    edited November 2009
    I guess I should discuss PoP '08. Because that's what I do.
    jclast wrote: »
    DeMoN wrote: »
    This will be the fourth time they will try to make a game as good as the first one.

    let's see if they can do it.

    tTT was a better game than SoT because the combat didn't suck balls.
    Man, I loathed Warrior Within's combat. The only thing Two Thrones did to fix it was give you a QTE that let you skip it. Now, the new one. That one had great combat.

    Regardless, Two Thrones just didn't have anything that replaced the charm of SoT. It wasn't as cohesive either. SoT was a full experience, while Two Thrones settled for being a very good game.
    jclast wrote: »
    LewieP wrote:
    The “Elika saves you” mechanic that replaced the sands of time is just worse in every way.
    I like both systems for what they are. Elika is just a checkpoint who follows you around the level. Not a big deal.
    Mechanically that's all it did, but it did have this thing about breaking narrative consistency despite narrative consistency being the reason they whipped it up in the first place. I'll dig up some old posts of mine if anyone doesn't know what the fuck I'm on about with that.
    jclast wrote: »
    LewieP wrote:
    Thirdly, the only thing that the game could actually call a platforming challenge is collecting lightseeds. These are the collectable do dads that for some reason Ubisoft decided POP needed. Some are in positions where they are ‘hard’ to get. However, since Elika saves you whenever you fall, you can often glitch into getting the harder ones, because unlike the rewind mechanic, Elika saving you doesn’t actually undo anything. “Jump to certain death – Just get the lightseed – Die” is a viable strategy for a lot of lightseeds.

    Instead of Sands of Time’s clever difficulty curve without introducing new abilities, POP2008 manages to have basically no difficulty curve despite having new abilities, which all boil down to “press the right button when you are on the right colour pad”. Unlocking new abilities feels unnecessary gamey, and lazy compared to Sands of Time.
    I liked the light seeds collection. It was cool to have some platforming challenge and goals that Elika wouldn't direct you to with the push of a button. You're right though - run, grab seed, die was my strategy for a couple of them, and I'm convinced it was the dev team's, too. Still enjoyable though.

    As to games feeling like games - I don't know what to tell you. You were using power plates left by a god to temporarily do god-like things to get places you needed to be. Cliche? Sure. But I thought it was fun. I got to run on the walls for extended periods of time and fly through the air.
    The new one is significantly less gamey than the previous trilogy. I can't really hold that against it because its intention was something entirely different, and it executed on that goal well enough. I will say that the thoughtfulness of the platforming is the reason I come to the PoP series in the first place, and I don't think it did enough to appeal to the roots of that series. The lightseeds weren't a bad idea, but would've been better served as straight-up side challenges than the collect-a-thon they went with. Maybe it was an extension of Desilet's joke on the AC playerbase. I don't know.
    Olivaw wrote: »
    All these people bitching and moaning about the new Prince of Persia makes me want to play it

    Because there is no possible way it can be nearly as bad as anyone here makes it out to be
    Hey, remember when it was on sale and you asked if you should buy it and I said yes? I'm disappointed in you, Olivaw. At this rate, you'll never know.

    Monger on
  • Options
    DeMoNDeMoN twitch.tv/toxic_cizzle Registered User regular
    edited November 2009
    toxk_02 wrote: »
    Hey now we can argue about the logo!
    http://www.gamekult.com/articles/A0000081445/

    4ibzaq.jpg

    They could have made the subtitle the same font as the game title.


    Also my french is rusty but I believe it says something about an Obelisk.

    Hahaha

    It says "The Forgotten Sands"

    DeMoN on
    Steam id : Toxic Cizzle
    *TyCart*_banner.jpg
  • Options
    slash000slash000 Registered User regular
    edited November 2009
    No, it can be open world and still have satisfying platforming elements. Being open world doesn't require the platforming be mindless and repetitive and shallow.

    slash000 on
  • Options
    King RiptorKing Riptor Registered User regular
    edited November 2009
    DeMoN wrote: »
    toxk_02 wrote: »
    Hey now we can argue about the logo!
    http://www.gamekult.com/articles/A0000081445/

    4ibzaq.jpg

    They could have made the subtitle the same font as the game title.


    Also my french is rusty but I believe it says something about an Obelisk.

    Hahaha

    It says "The Forgotten Sands"

    I was made aware of that when I remembered I read the opening post.

    I can still ask for a cheese omelet dammit!

    King Riptor on
    I have a podcast now. It's about video games and anime!Find it here.
  • Options
    MongerMonger I got the ham stink. Dallas, TXRegistered User regular
    edited November 2009
    DeMoN wrote: »
    toxk_02 wrote: »
    Hey now we can argue about the logo!
    http://www.gamekult.com/articles/A0000081445/

    4ibzaq.jpg

    They could have made the subtitle the same font as the game title.


    Also my french is rusty but I believe it says something about an Obelisk.

    Hahaha

    It says "The Forgotten Sands"

    I was made aware of that when I remembered I read the opening post.

    I can still ask for a cheese omelet dammit!
    Alright.

    Ask me for a cheese omelet.

    Monger on
  • Options
    jclastjclast Registered User regular
    edited November 2009
    LewieP wrote: »
    Olivaw wrote: »
    All these people bitching and moaning about the new Prince of Persia makes me want to play it

    Because there is no possible way it can be nearly as bad as anyone here makes it out to be

    Did you like Assasins Creed? I think that a lot of the people that liked POP loved AC.

    I'm going to be an outlier here, too. I really like PoP2K8, actively dislike PoP2K8's Epilogue, and was merely okay with Assassin's Creed. I couldn't be bothered to finish it (though now I want to because AC2 looks amazing).

    jclast on
    camo_sig2.png
  • Options
    MongerMonger I got the ham stink. Dallas, TXRegistered User regular
    edited November 2009
    jclast wrote: »
    LewieP wrote: »
    Olivaw wrote: »
    All these people bitching and moaning about the new Prince of Persia makes me want to play it

    Because there is no possible way it can be nearly as bad as anyone here makes it out to be

    Did you like Assasins Creed? I think that a lot of the people that liked POP loved AC.

    I'm going to be an outlier here, too. I really like PoP2K8, actively dislike PoP2K8's Epilogue, and was merely okay with Assassin's Creed. I couldn't be bothered to finish it (though now I want to because AC2 looks amazing).
    I loved AC.

    PoP is my 'it's complicated.'

    Monger on
  • Options
    slash000slash000 Registered User regular
    edited November 2009
    Mmm.. juicy POP08 discussion...

    Monger wrote: »
    Man, I loathed Warrior Within's combat. The only thing Two Thrones did to fix it was give you a QTE that let you skip it. Now, the new one. That one had great combat.
    Is that sarcams? PoP 08 has terrible combat. Every fight is almost identical, relying on the exact same tricks and strategies and initiating the exact same combos. I felt like there was a single enemy in the game, and a couple of different bosses. You just played these several times over the course of the game.


    on Elika being a checkpoint system:
    Mechanically that's all it did, but it did have this thing about breaking narrative consistency despite narrative consistency being the reason they whipped it up in the first place. I'll dig up some old posts of mine if anyone doesn't know what the fuck I'm on about with that.
    It was just a checkpoint system; an annoying one, and it took the place of the must more satisfying and useful time mechanics of the first game. I also agree with you in that there is a lack of narrative consistency with the game, and it's due both to this and the open world structure of the game. I'm supposed to really like Elika by the end of the game, story-wise, but the mechanics of the game work against that.


    I liked the light seeds collection. It was cool to have some platforming challenge and goals that Elika wouldn't direct you to with the push of a button. You're right though - run, grab seed, die was my strategy for a couple of them, and I'm convinced it was the dev team's, too. Still enjoyable though.

    In Sands of Time, the platforming was challenging and satisfying in and of itself as you progressed through the game. It didn't need to throw an arbitrary number of arbitrary items to collect in random places just to give you "challenge." And it's not really challenging - a lot of orbs are simply right along the path to your next destination. Most involve the same overly shallow "quick time event" style "platforming" to get. And the rest involve leaping off cliffs and platforms to acquire only to have Elika grab you back. It was a chore and stalled the flow of the game.

    The Seeds were Ubi's way of responding to the silly flag collection in Assassin's Creed, but they only took an optional chore and made it a requirement to progress.



    god plates

    Worst part of the game. As if it were bad enough that the platforming is brainless and requires mere button mashing according to what the game asks you to do at loose timing intervals, now we have several plate types that upon hitting a single button, Elika takes over and flies you through, over, and across obstacles. Now you're moving through the game without doing... anything.

    The only real exception is the plate that lets you run along walls/ceilings, because at least then you have to navigate left and right to avoid obstacles. This is probably the only part of the game's platforming mechanics that requires skill beyond mashing one of three or so buttons at loosely timed intervals. Sad.

    There is 1 flight ability where you have to dodge a little here and there along the way. But it's still quite a boring and sometimes protracted flight. It's perhaps less satisfying than the already unsatisfying true platforming parts.


    is it bad as everyone makes it out to be?

    Well some people loved it, some people hated it. Everyone seems to acknowledge that it's shallow though; it's just that some were disappointed in just how shallow it is and found it unrewarding and kind of a chore - others found the shallowness of the game to give it a kind of calm, laid-back kind of gameplay feel. I thought I would fall into the latter, but it felt too prolonged and I got quite bored of it.


    Assassin's Creed I had a lot of problems with. POP08 I had a lot of problems with. Many of the problems are similar.

    A's Creed there was practically no platforming; it did most of everything for you. POP08 just has shallow and loose QTE-like chains of events that take you from A to B. Both had fairly boring combat that ultimately relied on taking 1 specific tactic and repeating it for victory. Both had the same kinds of actions and strategies that varied almost not at all after a certain point and felt very repetitive after a few hours and overstayed their welcome.

    For some reason I enjoyed A's Creed a little bit more. But maybe that's because I wasn't expecting anything. Or maybe there was a little more excitement to it or something, I don't know.

    slash000 on
  • Options
    mere_immortalmere_immortal So tasty!Registered User regular
    edited November 2009
    Since I am not going to spend funbux on the epilogue to PoP2008, can someone give me a rundown on what happened in it?

    mere_immortal on
    Steam: mere_immortal - PSN: mere_immortal - XBL: lego pencil - Wii U: mimmortal - 3DS: 1521-7234-1642 - Bordgamegeek: mere_immortal
  • Options
    surrealitychecksurrealitycheck lonely, but not unloved dreaming of faulty keys and latchesRegistered User regular
    edited November 2009
    Man, I loathed Warrior Within's combat. The only thing Two Thrones did to fix it was give you a QTE that let you skip it. Now, the new one. That one had great combat.

    wat

    There is one optimal combo

    And er, that's the entirety of the combat summed up.

    In WW you had so many different options, especially when dealing with multiple opponents. I mean, the idea that the combats are even comparable confuses me.

    surrealitycheck on
    obF2Wuw.png
  • Options
    The Dude With HerpesThe Dude With Herpes Lehi, UTRegistered User regular
    edited November 2009
    Since I am not going to spend funbux on the epilogue to PoP2008, can someone give me a rundown on what happened in it?
    You go into a palace which for some reason didn't exist before.

    Elika is all pissed and her daddy attacks you prompting her to rejoin you so you can survive and get out of the palace.

    You keep going.

    And going.

    And going.

    Some things are said now and then; none are really relevant.

    And going.

    You fight daddy a few times and the last time you think he's dead but clearly not. You make it out of the palace and tell Elika that there are some cities you can go to escape Ahriman. She says "I'm going to find my people" and flies down the palace leaving you there.

    The end.

    In essence nothing happened that you couldn't just presume would follow the ending of the base game. It was just spoon feeding the introduction to what should have been a sequel.

    The sad thing is the "story" was the best part of the Epilogue.

    The Dude With Herpes on
    Steam: Galedrid - XBL: Galedrid - PSN: Galedrid
    Origin: Galedrid - Nintendo: Galedrid/3222-6858-1045
    Blizzard: Galedrid#1367 - FFXIV: Galedrid Kingshand

  • Options
    slash000slash000 Registered User regular
    edited November 2009
    Since I am not going to spend funbux on the epilogue to PoP2008, can someone give me a rundown on what happened in it?

    You can bring it up on Youtube and watch it if you like.

    slash000 on
  • Options
    Doc HollidayDoc Holliday Registered User regular
    edited November 2009
    Haha they should call this Price of Persia: The Movie: The Game

    MAMEmania-street1.jpg

    Doc Holliday on
    PSN & Live: buckwilson
  • Options
    jclastjclast Registered User regular
    edited November 2009
    Since I am not going to spend funbux on the epilogue to PoP2008, can someone give me a rundown on what happened in it?
    Prince and Elika run out of the temple and fight the Titan/Hunter (it's a two-stage fight) a few times along the way. At the end they fight Elika's dad again. Then they're done. It's pretty combat-heavy, and all the platforming is the "OMG corrupted" kind.

    Doesn't really push the story along at all.

    jclast on
    camo_sig2.png
  • Options
    slash000slash000 Registered User regular
    edited November 2009
    Man, I loathed Warrior Within's combat. The only thing Two Thrones did to fix it was give you a QTE that let you skip it. Now, the new one. That one had great combat.

    wat

    There is one optimal combo

    And er, that's the entirety of the combat summed up.
    In WW you had so many different options, especially when dealing with multiple opponents. I mean, the idea that the combats are even comparable confuses me.

    I didn't like Warrior Within's combat much, but it's definitely better in the variety department than POP08's, which as you said boils down to simple strategies and reusing the same optimal combo.

    WW's combat could get a little repetitive, but it's biggest problem was that it simply interrupted the platforming too much, and took too much time here and there. At least you had different strategies for different situations and even environment-related abilities to take advantage of. Plus you could mix in the time-related combat abilities.

    POP08 had you learn 1 basic strategy for "normal" enemies and bosses, 1 combo for them, and then 1 basic strategy for the bosses that you had to topple walls or pillars onto.

    slash000 on
  • Options
    slash000slash000 Registered User regular
    edited November 2009
    Haha they should call this Price of Persia: The Movie: The Game

    [ ]http://www.fanboy.com/archive-images/MAMEmania-street1.jpg[/IMG]

    I'm partial to Prince of Persia: The Sands of Time: The Movie: The Game.

    Credit goes to Peewi on page 2 :P

    slash000 on
Sign In or Register to comment.