As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Cables for PS3

zombiespleenzombiespleen Registered User regular
edited January 2007 in Games and Technology
Ok, I'll admit that I'm confused as hell.

I got my PS3 being shipped to me here in Iraq and I have an HDTV here (bought it just to play Dead Rising). It is the full version PS3 and I got some blu-ray movies coming too.

Do I need special cables like from Monster? Understand that when it comes to HD and TVs I'm braindead.

zombiespleen on

• Options
    BarcardiBarcardi All the Wizards Under A Rock: AfganistanRegistered User regular
    edited January 2007
    isnt dead rising a 360 game?

Barcardi on
  • Options
    syndalissyndalis Getting Classy On the WallRegistered User, Loves Apple Products regular
    edited January 2007
    If your TV has an HDMI input, buy this

If not, buy ps2 or ps3 component cables, designed for the multi-out on the back of the system.

edit: and if you want to play Dead Rising, you bought the wrong console.

syndalis on
    SW-4158-3990-6116
    Let's play Mario Kart or something...
  • Options
    edited January 2007
    I know Dead rising is 360..I got a 360 (just to play Dead Rising funny enough)

zombiespleen on
  • Options
    syndalissyndalis Getting Classy On the WallRegistered User, Loves Apple Products regular
    edited January 2007
    ooohhh... you got your TV just to play dead rising, and now you are getting a ps3.

So yeah, the TV, if its new, has HDMI. Get that first cable I linked.

syndalis on
    SW-4158-3990-6116
    Let's play Mario Kart or something...
  • Options
    Recoil42Recoil42 Registered User regular
    edited January 2007
    He's saying he bought the HDTV just for Dead Rising, not the PS3. Took me a second to figure that out. Off key to mention in a topic about PS3's, but.. *shrug*

Recoil42 on
  • Options
    edited January 2007
    Thank you. I'll grab those cables.

zombiespleen on
  • Options
    SixSix Caches Tweets in the mainframe cyberhex Registered User regular
    edited January 2007
    That cable is way too expensie.

Buy your HDMI cables from monoprice.com. Otherwise you're just wasting money.

Six on
    can you feel the struggle within?
  • Options
    CZroeCZroe Registered User regular
    edited January 2007
    Neither the manual nor the website will tell you this, but it works just fine with the PS2's Multi-Out connector component cables and even supports 1080p (games, not movies). I just picked some up for $14.99 new at Best Buy (Official Sony) while they were sold out of the $70 PS3-targetted ones. :D

CZroe on