As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

InFlux is all up on this PAX Australian Indie Showcase

• Options
    HounHoun Registered User regular
    edited December 2009
    I do what I can. ;-)

Houn on
  • Options
    JoolanderJoolander Registered User regular
    edited December 2009
    so i have a suggestion

there should be a part of this where you learn how to open a door

Joolander on
  • Options
    BloodySlothBloodySloth Registered User regular
    edited December 2009
    Joolander wrote: »
    so i have a suggestion

there should be a part of this where you learn how to open a door

I'm thinking a little Fallout 3-esque minigame where you have to fumble with your flimsy lizard hands to open doors. If people catch you your suspicion goes up because raptors have issues with doors.

BloodySloth on
  • Options
    LaCabraLaCabra MelbourneRegistered User regular
    edited December 2009
    jurassic park proved that doors are no obstacle

LaCabra on
  • Options
    edited December 2009
    Those were door handles. There is still an issue to be explored with door knobs.

Houn on
  • Options
    edited December 2009
    I think we'll probably just have usable doors having handles, and unusable doors having knobs.

LaCabra on
  • Options
    edited December 2009
    That's actually pretty... clever.

Houn on
  • Options
    edited December 2009
    what about having both handles and knobs, and the knobs would have the fallout 3 style opening thing attached?

that way you could have goodies behind those doors

Joolander on
  • Options
    QbsQbs __BANNED USERS regular
    edited December 2009
    What about when you gotta go take a shit

Qbs on
  • Options
    Ninja Snarl PNinja Snarl P My helmet is my burden. Ninja Snarl: Gone, but not forgotten.Registered User regular
    edited December 2009
    GeoMitch wrote: »
    jothki wrote: »
    Don't forget the motivational posters. Maybe something about diversity, with a variety of human ethnicities and a triceratops.

But this game takes place in a pre-dino rights era.

You should be able to buy pro-dino rights posters which normalize people to your presence and result is less suspicion of unusual actions when people are in the vicinity of said poster.
    Qbs wrote: »
    What about when you gotta go take a shit

Get your secretary to file it under "D" for defecation. We're not animals here.

Ninja Snarl P on
  • Options
    MongerMonger I got the ham stink. Dallas, TXRegistered User regular
    edited December 2009
    GeoMitch wrote: »
    jothki wrote: »
    Don't forget the motivational posters. Maybe something about diversity, with a variety of human ethnicities and a triceratops.

But this game takes place in a pre-dino rights era.

You should be able to buy pro-dino rights posters which normalize people to your presence and result is less suspicion of unusual actions when people are in the vicinity of said poster.
    Shouldn't it be the other way around? As in, you could throw off suspicion by masquerading as a supporter of the New Age Klan, where humans of all races band together to beat the shit out of them scalies.

But you also have to live with yourself.

Monger on
  • Options
    edited December 2009
    so does Phil Octavius Ceraptor have a token human friend? like that one human who is "down" with raptor culture, but still does not realize that Phil IS a raptor?

Joolander on
  • Options
    RemingtonRemington Registered User regular
    edited December 2009
    On the mug, try not to take textures from GIS. we need original stuff. Unless you dont want it in the game and are just screwing around. Because that mug made me lol.

Remington on
  • Options
    LawndartLawndart Registered User regular
    edited December 2009
    Joolander wrote: »
    so does Phil Octavius Ceraptor have a token human friend? like that one human who is "down" with raptor culture, but still does not realize that Phil IS a raptor?

This inspired me to contemplate humans who're the raptor equivalent of weeaboos.

Which I think would be hilarious.

Or horribly offensive.

Or both.

Lawndart on
  • Options
    edited December 2009
    ok

im sure this is a dumb question, but what is a weeaboo?

i dont know, and am afraid to google it given that response

also, not trying to derail the thread

EDIT: wow worst TOTP

Joolander on
  • Options
    mspencermspencer PAX [ENFORCER] Council Bluffs, IARegistered User regular
    edited December 2009
    http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=weeaboo

Urban Dictionary contains some NSFW references sometimes, but is generally a pretty good site for definitions of weird words.

mspencer on
    MEMBER OF THE PARANOIA GM GUILD
    XBL Michael Spencer || Wii 6007 6812 1605 7315 || PSN MichaelSpencerJr || Steam Michael_Spencer || Ham NOØK
    QRZ || My last known GPS coordinates: FindU or APRS.fi (Car antenna feed line busted -- no ham radio for me X__X )
  • Options
    RemingtonRemington Registered User regular
    edited December 2009
    Remington on
  • Options
    edited December 2009
    mspencer wrote: »
    http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=weeaboo

Urban Dictionary contains some NSFW references sometimes, but is generally a pretty good site for definitions of weird words.
    oh ok

yeah, thats basically exactly what i was talking about, just didnt know there was a word for it

i also agree that there should be a situation wherein Phil must hide his basketball prowess

Joolander on
  • Options
    GeoMitchGeoMitch Registered User regular
    edited December 2009
    Phil must go down to the company warehouse, and he's invited by one of the workers to a friendly game of 1 on 1.

Refusal: +10 Suspicion -10 Respect
    Lose: -10 Respect
    Win by a large margin: +10 Respect +20 Suspicion
    Win by a small margin: +10 Respect

GeoMitch on
    Gamertag: GeoMtch Steam Google+
  • Options
    expendableexpendable Silly Goose Registered User regular
    edited December 2009
    Has anybody ever notice that when Phil goes to lunch, we never see one of the interns again?

expendable on
    Djiem wrote: »
    Lokiamis wrote: »
    So the servers suddenly decide to cramp up during the last six percent.
    Man, the Director will really go out of his way to be a dick to L4D players.
    Steam
  • Options
    edited December 2009
    expendable wrote: »
    Has anybody ever notice that when Phil goes to lunch, we never see one of the interns again?
    I think there needs to be a sequence in which Phil's health nut manager invites him to lunch and takes the initiative to order him some yogurt and a salad.

Monger on
  • Options
    peterdevorepeterdevore Registered User regular
    edited December 2009
    Christmas comes early this year, I just sat down and coded a complete dialogue system in 6 hours. I now know the intricacies of making a custom Kismet event stay alive after activating and not barfing a million events at you every second.

Also, the 'name' type is weird. Some functions expect a name literal that doesn't have a type before it, yet when I define a name literal without a type in the defaultproperties, it fails on me. The solution is to define a string (use double quotes) and cast it to the name type when you want to use it: name("stringthatwillbethename"). This also allows you to use string concatenation to build names dynamically.

peterdevore on
  • Options
    edited December 2009
    Daaaaaaaaaang, Peter.

LaCabra on
  • Options
    FireWeaselFireWeasel Registered User regular
    edited December 2009
    As a writer, I gots nothing to contribute to this beautiful, beautiful concept.

...except my UNBRIDLED ADULATION. Even seeing the thread title makes me happy.

FireWeasel on
    AC:CL Wii -- 3824-2125-9336 City: Felinito Me: Nick
  • Options
    edited December 2009
    Was that commercial released during the same time as Jurassic Park or something?

Or did they just decide "Lets just make a commercial where a dude plays Basketball with a raptor for no real reason."

Qbs on
  • Options
    edited December 2009
    Was that commercial released during the same time as Jurassic Park or something?

Or did they just decide "Lets just make a commercial where a dude plays Basketball with a raptor for no real reason."

You say that like you need a reason to pit a basketball player against a raptor.

I wish they'd expand the concept...pitting lawyers against raptors in court, pitting teachers against raptors in preschool, and pitting priests against raptors in various inappropriate situations.

DRINK GATORADE

FireWeasel on
  • Options
    ScosglenScosglen Registered User regular
    edited December 2009
    Is VJSP going to be strictly an action game or will it have some strategy components.

I think we need some dating sim aspects in here.

Scosglen on
  • Options
    edited December 2009
    Scosglen wrote: »
    I think we need some dating sim aspects in here.
    "So I had dinner with that guy Phil last night. And breakfast. I know what you're thinking. "Oh, Margaret Anne, sleeping with a guy on the first date again." Okay, maybe I rushed into things. I mean, there's a lot of things about him I'm not crazy about. He's kind of hard to understand when he talks. His diet is so heavy on red meat that I'm surprised he hasn't already had a heart attack. His hygiene's not... great. His skin's so rough, and it's kind of hard to kiss him because I'm not real sure when he last brushed his teeth. But those are all easy fixes, right? I can change him. He's got a good heart! I can tell!"

Monger on
  • Options
    LitanyLitany Registered User regular
    edited December 2009

In case you were serious, the ad's from 2000. The dude that the Raptor plays, however, played for the Toronto Raptors, who were in fact named that due to Jurassic Park. It was a name voted on in a nation wide pole to boot. ...Rather then bring back the 'Toronto Huskies'. If I'm remembering right, 'Toronto T-Rexes' was also an option on the ballet.

Litany on
    Steam: Litany || PSN: Litany- || Nintendo Network ID: Litany
  • Options
    edited December 2009
    I'm sure Remington won't mind my posting this render of his velociraptor.
    RaptorRender.jpg
    Colouring not final

LaCabra on
  • Options
    edited December 2009
    Litany wrote: »

In case you were serious, the ad's from 2000. The dude that the Raptor plays, however, played for the Toronto Raptors, who were in fact named that due to Jurassic Park. It was a name voted on in a nation wide pole to boot. ...Rather then bring back the 'Toronto Huskies'. If I'm remembering right, 'Toronto T-Rexes' was also an option on the ballet.

Therefore, the commercial was inspired by Jurassic Park.

Qbs on
  • Options
    edited December 2009
    Litany wrote: »

Therefore, the commercial was inspired by Jurassic Park.

Killjoy. I like roundabout answers filled with informative trivia!

FireWeasel on
  • Options
    edited December 2009
    LaCabra tell Remmington that Raptor head is probably a little too long, but just barely.

Qbs on
  • Options
    edited December 2009
    No.

LaCabra on
  • Options
    edited December 2009
    Look at this raptor

raptor.jpg

Look at his head

Qbs on
  • Options
    LittleBootsLittleBoots Registered User regular
    edited December 2009
    Every SVN update is like a little mini Christmas morning.

EDIT: Holy shit. Kudos on the convo system that thing works like gangbusters.

LittleBoots on

Tofu wrote: Here be Littleboots, destroyer of threads and master of drunkposting.
  • Options
    edited December 2009
    Look at this raptor

raptor.jpg

Look at his head

Ours is better

LaCabra on
  • Options
    Ninja Snarl PNinja Snarl P My helmet is my burden. Ninja Snarl: Gone, but not forgotten.Registered User regular
    edited December 2009
    LaCabra wrote: »
    Look at this raptor

raptor.jpg

Look at his head

Ours is better

But... the picture is based on real raptor skulls*. I thought this was supposed to be a simulation.
    I have no idea. It's probably based on a made-up dinosaur skull.

Ninja Snarl P on
  • Options
    edited December 2009
    What's with the lack of praise? Our raptor is AMAZING.

LaCabra on
  • Options
    FiarynFiaryn Omnicidal Madman Registered User regular
    edited December 2009
    Your raptor is pretty rad.

But is it just me or is his eye the eye of Sauron? That looks like a Sauron eye. I'm not crazy am I

Fiaryn on
    Soul Silver FC: 1935 3141 6240
    White FC: 0819 3350 1787