As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Shadow Phalla: Return of the Wagon

• Options
    IAmSquishyIAmSquishy Registered User regular
    edited December 2009
    Jaenther wrote: »
    suggest to the host that he practice fellatio on a shotgun.

You truly have no idea of the group of kindred spirits you may have just found

IAmSquishy on
  • Options
    JaentherJaenther Registered User regular
    edited December 2009
    That's worrisome. Is there some kind of internet community for firearm blowjob enthusiasts?

Edit: no, I'm not interested in a membership! Don't ask.

Edit 2: Oh, crap, I just realized that by the rules of the internet, that community must exist somewhere.

Jaenther on
  • Options
    vagrant_windsvagrant_winds Overworked Mysterious Eldritch Horror Hunter XX Registered User regular
    edited December 2009
    Note the lack of mafia kill last night as well.

vagrant_winds on
    // Steam: VWinds // PSN: vagrant_winds //
    // Switch: SW-5306-0651-6424 //
  • Options
    edited December 2009
    No, theres a special interest group that knows the treachery and deceit that lies in the heart of TNB

IAmSquishy on
  • Options
    edited December 2009
    Good point on the mafia kill. So do you figure TNB isn't bothering to describe double kills (i.e. vote goes first or somesuch) or that our mafia is astonishingly lazy?

Ack, nm, you're referring to your vampire encounter aren't you.

Jaenther on
  • Options
    vagrant_windsvagrant_winds Overworked Mysterious Eldritch Horror Hunter XX Registered User regular
    edited December 2009
    Ack, nm, you're referring to your vampire encounter aren't you.

I repeat. Us vampires are exceptionally tough to kill. Something I didn't mention before.

Also, I'm owed a new shirt. I liked that shirt. No way is dry cleaning going to get all those blood stains out.

vagrant_winds on
  • Options
    edited December 2009
    And now you're probably even hungrier. Don't that beat all.

Jaenther on
  • Options
    RaneadosRaneados police apologist you shouldn't have been there, obviouslyRegistered User regular
    edited December 2009
    Did I forget to menton that vampires are exceedingly tough to kill? I think I did!

JDarksun and Egos are members of the Cult of New Dawn and failed to kill me last night. Spies, right? Hah!

JDarksun also used a "compound 38a" on Raneados the previous night. Be warned, for I know not what it does.

well that's not good

Raneados on
  • Options
    edited December 2009
    jdarksun wrote: »
    I'm a secret agent of the British Secret Service. I am a spy.

/cough. Sorry, I'm allergic to bullshit. Especially when you said earlier that you and Raneados were the only remaining spies while it was you and Egos who attacked.

Also, who was it that tried to fuck with the vote last minute hoping for a double kill? Egos.

Oh yeah, and the lack of mafia kill last night - as has been pointed out.

vagrant_winds on
  • Options
    LocusLocus Trust Me The seaRegistered User regular
    edited December 2009
    I am considering voting for jdarksun. Here are my reasons:

1. vagrant_winds has alreadu helped us get a badguy.

2. There are already two dead secret service agents. I find it unlikely there would be two more.

3. jdarksun was one of the people on the Jaenther bandwagon.

4. If we're wrong and jdarksun is not a badguy, then we only have to go after one person (vagrant_winds). If we're wrong and vagrant_winds is not a badguy, we'd have to go after two people (Egos and jdarksun).

I am willing to be convinced to vote otherwise, but as of right now, jdarksun is my leading candidate. Does anyone else have any input?

Fake edit: Is it possible the secret service agents would be a third faction? I don't know enough about the games to speculate.

Locus on
  • Options
    EgosEgos Registered User regular
    edited December 2009

Also, who was it that tried to fuck with the vote last minute hoping for a double kill? Egos.

If you seriously think that was me fucking with the vote, you are an idiot.

I'll give you the benefit of the doubt, you really don't believe that and are using it for propaganda purposes. But if you really do....
    I mean really ....

Egos on
  • Options
    edited December 2009
    I would like to know why you're choosing Egos over jdarksun myself, v_w. I strongly doubt voting for everyone is a valid vote, awesome gif or no.

Also, Raneados, you might wanna add some information here. Who are you and what's your win condition?

Jaenther on
  • Options
    edited December 2009
    I'm gonna go with jdarksun

IAmSquishy on
  • Options
    edited December 2009
    I would like to know why you're choosing Egos over jdarksun myself, v_w. I strongly doubt voting for everyone is a valid vote, awesome gif or no.

They're both Cultist. Either one works. I'll have to put my faith in the village tonight as I can't vote - even if I wanted to vote and save myself, thanks to being beaten near death, my vote is now worth Zero. D:
    1) Why would a "vampire" have any similar win condition to the village?

LOLSourseKnowledge.
    Keith Valentine - Shadow Hearts
    845672keithlarge.png

In all honesty, he joined because he was bored.

Joachim Valentine - Shadow Hearts II: Covenant
    sh2joachimvalentine.jpg

Gay vampire pro-wrestler superhero.

Hildegard (Hilda) Valentine - Shadow Hearts III: From the New World
    sh3hildegardvalentine1.jpg

Watched one too many a magical girl anime... and has an obsession with food.
    2) He claims to be a good special. Why would a good special be immune to vigilante attacks?

I'm not; I'm just really tough to kill. Vampires normally are. One more attack will kill me.
    3) You say he's given you a baddie. Really? Who? I seem to recall v_w working with us to kill Minor Second, who turned out to be a good guy after all.

I thought I already explained this one. And yes, I action seered Robos as a Seer. It didn't tell me what faction he was and I chose... poorly. :(
    4) He mentioned conversions to me several times. Just a wee bit suspicious, considering I hadn't seen anyone else bring it up.

You're kidding right? It was already mentioned in thread as a possibility the night I action seered you. And you were using a compound 38a on people. Pardon me for being suspicious.

vagrant_winds on
  • Options
    edited December 2009
    Actually, I've thought about it some more, and I am prepared now to vote for vagrant_winds. But I have one question I want to ask before I make my vote.

jdarksun, just so I can be clear, can you explain how vagrant_winds came to know of the alleged spies/alleged badguys? Did you two approach him?

Edit: Or vagrant_winds can answer. I just want to be sure I understand how it went down.

Locus on
  • Options
    edited December 2009
    Locus wrote: »
    Actually, I've thought about it some more, and I am prepared now to vote for vagrant_winds. But I have one question I want to ask before I make my vote.

jdarksun, just so I can be clear, can you explain how vagrant_winds came to know of the alleged spies/alleged badguys? Did you two approach him?

Edit: Or vagrant_winds can answer. I just want to be sure I understand how it went down.

JDarkSun claimed to be a Spy and the Compound 38a he rubbed on Raneados had the effect to protect against the "...physical and psychological effects of Taoist “magick.” [sic]". He said the two of them were the only remaining spies and were using the compound on each other.

And yet he and Egos attacked me.

He was lying about being a Spy. He might be lying about the compound - I know it was used, but I don't know what it does.

vagrant_winds on
  • Options
    edited December 2009
    Man, the entire Valentine family is vampires, they're in every shadow hearts game and guess what? On the players side!

Jdarksun, lets see how British you are, stiff upper lip and all that.

Jaenther on
  • Options
    edited December 2009
    hmm do Vampires go to heaven or hell or neither?

Egos on
  • Options
    edited December 2009
    I wonder if v_w keeps humans alive in his basement to farm? (that was bad)

IAmSquishy on
  • Options
    edited December 2009
    Ugh, I hate making decisions like this. Even though it's just a game I always feel this intense pressure to get it right!

I'm going to go with my original answer and say jdarksun. I know I keep flip-flopping. I may be wrong, but I'm gonna trust my gut. I apologize in advance if I am mistaken.

Locus on
  • Options
    edited December 2009
    IAmSquishy wrote: »

He just wins over the hearts of young boys by beating up bullies for them. They get the blood for him.
    movie reference. I'm not being creepy.

Egos on
  • Options
    edited December 2009
    Egos wrote: »
    IAmSquishy wrote: »

He just wins over the hearts of young boys by beating up bullies for them. They get the blood for him.
    movie reference. I'm not being creepy.

Thats a movie reference? oh my god...

IAmSquishy on
  • Options
    edited December 2009
    yup

Its only slightly less creepy than I made it sound. Book sounds creepier.

Egos on
  • Options
    DaiusDaius Registered User regular
    edited December 2009
    Come on guys, you've been in the darkness too long!

You gotta feel positive!

Daius on
    bigbosssig.png
  • Options
    ShadowThomasShadowThomas Registered User regular
    edited December 2009
    At the moment i'm more inclined to side with Vagrant. Jdark's death will (probably) confirm him either way. While just killing Vagrant will confirm him, it also leaves us with the risk of having a mafia around another day...

ShadowThomas on
  • Options
    edited December 2009
    Yup I went there

vagrant_winds

Egos on
  • Options
    edited December 2009
    What about sexy/cute vampires?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L7BZVNDm4Lw

Note: Manga's 100% better.

vagrant_winds on
  • Options
    edited December 2009
    The facts are that you guys agree that you have a kill, jdark at least implies that it isn't a OPG kill, and the only expected kill missing from narration is the mafia's. (who also have good reason to want to kill Valentines)

That still leaves the whole Compound 38a thing up in the air, I wouldn't think you could chemically make someone a cultist, even assuming conversions are in play. (which, if they're not, there's one hell of a lot of mafia in this thing)

Jaenther on
  • Options
    DaiusDaius Registered User regular
    edited December 2009
    !Jdarkun then?

It's quite late!

Daius on
    bigbosssig.png
  • Options
    edited December 2009
    hawt

persona10.jpg

Egos on
  • Options
    edited December 2009
    where the heck is Rane, anyway? I wanna know what, if anything, he was told about this compound 38a thing.

Likewise, is the throat-slitter an SK or what?

Jaenther on
  • Options
    edited December 2009
    As for deserving to lose, if you're really on the village's side you're pretty much tied for shittiest voting record, so I'd say you've really put your back into screwing yourself over. No telling about powers, of course, since so far all you've claimed to have done is attack v_w and protect yourself from a villager seering, along with giving Rane that protection as well.

Jaenther on
  • Options
    edited December 2009
    Whelp.

Enjoy v_w's TehSpectre-esque win.

You fucks deserve it.

TehSpectre-esque?

vagrant_winds on
  • Options
    TrueNeverbornTrueNeverborn Registered User regular
    edited December 2009
    Crap, it's midnight, VOTE CLosed, narration shortly

TrueNeverborn on
    So if you love games and I love games... Why are we not playing... **sees the forum** OOOOHHHH Yeh!
    TrueNeverBorn_sm.jpg
  • Options
    edited December 2009
    Silence abounds the room as the last chime echoes into nothing. IAmSquishy steps forward and turns to address everyone present displaying a large gash in his stomach. "It seems I must remove my self." IAmSquishy begins to shimmer and as pieces of a mirror crash to the floor Roger Bacon once again stands before you all. "It seems the Cult of New Dawn finally caught on to me, no I wont tell this has got interesting suddenly again. Though I will warn you, I left Jaenther back in the hallway rather tattered." Bacon grins at everyone present, "well then, JDarksun, step forward."

JDarksun steps forward and sighs. "So many years wasted! I should of known sooner! My eyes have been opened!" JDarksun quickly turns to ash.

Bacon laughs, "Sometimes, the power of the mind surprises even me. On to Day 10, my friends!"

Jaenther - Vanillager - Wannabe
    IAmSquishy - Tower of Nemeton - Nocab Regor
    JDarksun - British Secret Service - Spy(Converted)

TrueNeverborn on
    So if you love games and I love games... Why are we not playing... **sees the forum** OOOOHHHH Yeh!
    TrueNeverBorn_sm.jpg
  • Options
    edited December 2009
    OOOOooooOOOOoooo

HA!

oooooOOOOoooOOOoo

Jaenther on
  • Options
    edited December 2009
    Good job, IAmSquishy! Never thought you'd make it this far. Seriously I think your kills made it go this far.

TrueNeverborn on
    TrueNeverBorn_sm.jpg
  • Options
    RaneadosRaneados police apologist you shouldn't have been there, obviouslyRegistered User regular
    edited December 2009
    alright back from work, time to read

Raneados on
  • Options
    edited December 2009
    fucking hell

apparently I didn't vote yesterday, sorry TNB

Well, in the interest of full disclosure

dun dun dunnnnn

I am a spy. British Secret Service. There were, in fact, 4 of us

we're the good masons. We were aligned with the village at the start of the game. Compound 38A is our ability. after some confirmation we find out that it's a taoist magic guard, which is basically a seer guard

We were all using it on each other to begin with, we figured that anyone trying to seer us would get a block and would probably contact that person with a "wtf", then we could get a little network going with some luck

I'd originally suspected we were immune to conversions, being the good masons and the "experimental" nature of 38A

I do not know how long Jdark has been converted for. as far as I know he's been covering me with 38A and I with him the entire time, other than like once where I forgot to send orders before work

I guess this puts me in a shitty position

of course i say I'm not converted, but everyone would. I'm not and I've been shouting about conversions all game :/

I don't know what powers a converting mafia might have other than their kill

Egos

I don't know if they have any votecount dickery, so I guess putting me in 2nd might be a good idea just in case. I'm just a villager with a crappy power now that my contacts are all dead

Raneados on
  • Options
    edited December 2009
    OOOOooooOOOOoooo

HA!

oooooOOOOoooOOOoo

Remember: People who like Legend of Dragoon are good people.

vagrant_winds on