As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

2010 APAX meetup [ATL Get!]

• Options
    tardcoretardcore Registered User regular
    edited December 2009
    Kennesaw is 20 minutes away from me, so I'm in. I actually used to live off of Chastain Road, so I am more than familiar with the area.

tardcore on
  • Options
    DeShadowCDeShadowC Registered User regular
    edited December 2009
    Taranis wrote: »
    This hotel is right next to Taco Mac! It's a decent bar with plenty of beers on tap. We should hit it up.

US Play isn't too far from that hotel either. We could bowl and play some games in the arcade.

I'm not sure what else is in the area, but I'll try to think of something since I live less than ten minutes away.

Free alcohol from 7 to 9 at the hotel if I remember correctly.

DeShadowC on
  • Options
    MKRMKR Registered User regular
    edited December 2009
    I thought I might like to come until I saw that it would be a two hour drive each way.

MKR on
  • Options
    edited December 2009
    MKR wrote: »
    I thought I might like to come until I saw that it would be a two hour drive each way.

Pfft come for the weekend.

DeShadowC on
  • Options
    edited December 2009
    DeShadowC wrote: »

The date doesn't change the distance. :P

MKR on
  • Options
    edited December 2009
    DeShadowC wrote: »

The date doesn't change the distance. :P

I'll trade distance with you :p

DeShadowC on
  • Options
    edited December 2009
    If this were going down on the east side of Atlanta, I would go. :rotate:

edit: Though it's not as far as I thought. Still longer than I care to drive

MKR on
  • Options
    edited December 2009
    I'm looking at 5 and a half hours if I remember correctly. Completely worth it.

DeShadowC on
  • Options
    RyadicRyadic Registered User regular
    edited December 2009
    I think the OP could use some more info.

People planning to attend and what days they'll be there.

Suggested activities as well as things that will be brought (IE who's bringing a 360, PS3, or Wii and what games).

Anything else you can think of as well. But I think these things will help others (IE me) figure out stuff.

Like I said, I can definitely be there all day Saturday, but I don't think I can afford to stay overnight, so I'll just head back to Chattanooga unless someone let's me crash their floor for free. I may bring the fiance, but probably not. She works on weekends and probably can't get off two weekends in a row.

Ryadic on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    JokermanJokerman Everything EverywhereRegistered User regular
    edited December 2009
    Ryadic wrote: »
    I think the OP could use some more info.

People planning to attend and what days they'll be there.

Suggested activities as well as things that will be brought (IE who's bringing a 360, PS3, or Wii and what games).

Anything else you can think of as well. But I think these things will help others (IE me) figure out stuff.

Like I said, I can definitely be there all day Saturday, but I don't think I can afford to stay overnight, so I'll just head back to Chattanooga unless someone let's me crash their floor for free. I may bring the fiance, but probably not. She works on weekends and probably can't get off two weekends in a row.

We're kinda sketching things out at this point still. I'll go ahead and update the OP so it's more in line with last years (Assuming i can find last years)

Jokerman on
  • Options
    TaranisTaranis Registered User regular
    edited December 2009
    I can bring both my PS3 and my 360.

Though I don't have many multiplayer games.

Taranis on
    EH28YFo.jpg
  • Options
    edited December 2009
    Ok, well I've got Rock Band 1 and 2 for 360 with everything we would need. I just don't have a 360 I use my roommates. I could bring that unless someone else is planning on bringing theirs.

I have plenty of board games to bring for those interested. Anyone that knows how to play Magic: the Gathering, I can bring my common/uncommon cube. I believe I have enough cards to suit an 8 man draft.

I'll post more as I think of it.

Ryadic on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    Capt HowdyCapt Howdy Registered User regular
    edited December 2009
    Don't forget your PSP and DS!

Capt Howdy on
    Steam: kaylesolo1
    3DS: 1521-4165-5907
    PS3: KayleSolo
    Live: Kayle Solo
    WiiU: KayleSolo
  • Options
    edited December 2009
    I have a PS3, 360, PSP, and a DSi. I'll be sure to bring everything.

Also we're gonna need some tv's. I have a pretty big LCD, but anything anyone else can bring will be much needed.

Jokerman on
  • Options
    edited December 2009
    I may be able to bring my LCD. It's roughly 30 - 34 inches. I can't remember exactly.

If I can find my PSP I'll bring mine. If my fiance comes, she'll bring her DS, but right now she only has Animal Crossing and Nintendogs (which is wrapped and under the tree).

Ryadic on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    edited December 2009
    I hate to be that guy, but my LCDs stay home. I can bring my 360, PS3, Wii however. Is there a Staybridge in the area? They cost more, but they have 42 LCD tvs in every room. And kitchens.

Capt Howdy on
  • Options
    edited December 2009
    Capt Howdy wrote: »
    I hate to be that guy, but my LCDs stay home. I can bring my 360, PS3, Wii however. Is there a Staybridge in the area? They cost more, but they have 42 LCD tvs in every room. And kitchens.

Hey I treasure my LCD as much as the next guy, but I think if we're going to do this we're going to need multiple screens.

We could stay at another hotel easily, but this one is pretty nice for the price, and it has an open bar for happy hour. I have no idea what kind of tv's the rooms have because I stayed with Hippie, but Shadow should be able to answer it.

Jokerman on
  • Options
    edited December 2009
    Jokerman wrote: »

Hey I treasure my LCD as much as the next guy, but I think if we're going to do this we're going to need multiple screens.

We could stay at another hotel easily, but this one is pretty nice for the price, and it has an open bar for happy hour. I have no idea what kind of tv's the rooms have because I stayed with Hippie, but Shadow should be able to answer it.

Staybridge also has Happy Hour! They usually cost more, but they also provide more. 4 people could comfortably stay in one "room". I say "room" becuase they are setup like your own apartment.

Capt Howdy on
  • Options
    edited December 2009

Staybridge also has Happy Hour! They usually cost more, but they also provide more. 4 people could comfortably stay in one "room". I say "room" becuase they are setup like your own apartment.

Is it free drinks for their happy hour? It's also important to note that the suites actualy had a pretty nice place last year. Nice big lobby where we played D&D, and the rooms all have a living area.

Jokerman on
  • Options
    edited December 2009

Is it free drinks for their happy hour? It's also important to note that the suites actualy had a pretty nice place last year. Nice big lobby where we played D&D, and the rooms all have a living area.

Yep. Free booze, huge lobbys, pools, hot tubs. Rooms have living rooms too.

Capt Howdy on
  • Options
    edited December 2009
    These rooms have living rooms too. I know the other room had 5 people in it and the rooms each have a 42inch lcd.

DeShadowC on
  • Options
    edited December 2009
    Sadly it looks like the old OP was editted over. The hotel is beautiful has free drinks a huge lobby with free wifi, the rooms have a bedroom and living room with a pull out sofa bed. Also free full service breakfast. Between the alcohol and food the room equals out to pay for itself.

DeShadowC on
  • Options
    edited December 2009
    So who wants to go in on a room with me? I don't live far away so I don't want to get a room by myself, but I plan on drinking and I don't want to drive while intoxicated.

Taranis on
    EH28YFo.jpg
  • Options
    edited December 2009
    Last year we squeezed 4 people into one room and 5 into the other. Works out nicely. Ends up being around 50 a person.

DeShadowC on
  • Options
    edited December 2009
    Yeah I'll go in with a room with you Taranis. and honestly it's worth it to have a room just so you dont have to miss out on a party.

My next big question is, does anyone wanna play some D&D? I dont play, but i watched a fairly epic game, dmed by our own Quisy.

Eddy Role played a busty female southern belle nammed busty lerue. I gotta get in on that action this year.

Jokerman on
  • Options
    edited December 2009
    Yeah I'll go in with a room with you Taranis. and honestly it's worth it to have a room just so you dont have to miss out on a party.

My next big question is, does anyone wanna play some D&D? I dont play, but i watched a fairly epic game, dmed by our own Quisy.

Eddy Role played a busty female southern belle nammed busty lerue. I gotta get in on that action this year.

I've never played D&D before, but I would be up for this.

Ryadic on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    edited December 2009
    Ryadic wrote: »

I've never played D&D before, but I would be up for this.

Awesome, me either. But after last year, i'm a convert.

If we cant find anyone to DM for us, i can always bring my buddy down with me. Dudes a pretty good DM.

Jokerman on
  • Options
    Hi I'm Vee!Hi I'm Vee! Formerly VH; She/Her; Is an E X P E R I E N C E Registered User regular
    edited December 2009
    How much is the hotel likely to be? I'm debating flying out for this.

Edit: Maybe I should read the thread. Is that about $50/person/night, or $50/person total for the weekend?

Hi I'm Vee! on
    vRyue2p.png
  • Options
    TarranonTarranon Registered User regular
    edited December 2009
    Does anyone have a way to contact hippie? He was great last time around. and Mr. Pink. And there was one other local, some D guy I think.

I am in Athens and these days am without a car. I can try and hang a friend to drop me off, pick me up, but if any of you guys feel like making a round trip to grab me I can make it worth your while. Depending on how the planning goes.

Also we should totally throw up some pics from the last time
    Inquisitor as the DM
    DSCF1579.jpg

TRIPLE CAMERA
    DSCF1585.jpg

SWEET THINGS THAT ARE FREE

DSCF1574.jpg

Eddie has something on the brain

DSCF1588.jpg?t=1260559672

Elkamil is a cool cat

DSCF1589.jpg

Tarranon on
    You could be anywhere
    On the black screen
  • Options
    edited December 2009
    How much is the hotel likely to be? I'm debating flying out for this.

Edit: Maybe I should read the thread. Is that about $50/person/night, or $50/person total for the weekend?

Was 99 per room per night so broken 4 ways came to a little over 50 per person for the weekend.

@Tarranon some people are but he'll probably be at basic.

DeShadowC on
  • Options
    edited December 2009
    Seriously that hotel is the best deal I've ever seen. Free food, free booze, great rooms, cheap.

Tarranon on
    You could be anywhere
    On the black screen
  • Options
    edited December 2009
    Tarranon wrote: »
    Does anyone have a way to contact hippie? He was great last time around. and Mr. Pink. And there was one other local, some D guy I think.

I am in Athens and these days am without a car. I can try and hang a friend to drop me off, pick me up, but if any of you guys feel like making a round trip to grab me I can make it worth your while. Depending on how the planning goes.

Also we should totally throw up some pics from the last time
    Inquisitor as the DM
    DSCF1579.jpg

TRIPLE CAMERA
    DSCF1585.jpg

SWEET THINGS THAT ARE FREE

DSCF1574.jpg

Eddie has something on the brain

DSCF1588.jpg?t=1260559672

Elkamil is a cool cat

DSCF1589.jpg

I might be able to pick you up and drop you off if no one else can. I'm awesome like that. I'm Mr Pink's friend on facebook, and he has been contacted about the meetup. I have hippies number, but he never picks up. I guess I could stop by his house one day, but that seems kinda weird.

Jokerman on
  • Options
    edited December 2009
    THIS JUST IN, HIPPIE IS COMMING!

Woooooooot!

Jokerman on
  • Options
    edited December 2009

Okay, cool.

I'd be down for a game of D&D. I've never played the pen and paper version, but I've played several D&D based games for the PC so I think I should be able to pick it up quickly.

Taranis on
    EH28YFo.jpg
  • Options
    edited December 2009

Woooooooot!

Aces.

Also if you guys are going to play D&D again you should probably set aside something like 4-6 hours for it if you're going to have a bunch of newbs. We were barely able to get through the first encounter, and that was a couple of hours. Partly because we didn't have honest to god character sheets and partly because everything was so shiny and new to me I had to pause things pretty often to calculate damage and whatnot.

Tarranon on
    You could be anywhere
    On the black screen
  • Options
    edited December 2009
    Tarranon wrote: »

Woooooooot!

Aces.

Also if you guys are going to play D&D again you should probably set aside something like 4-6 hours for it if you're going to have a bunch of newbs. We were barely able to get through the first encounter, and that was a couple of hours. Partly because we didn't have honest to god character sheets and partly because everything was so shiny and new to me I had to pause things pretty often to calculate damage and whatnot.

We should coordinate with everyone who will be there to ensure that we have everything for a game. It might help if some of the more experienced people play a little bit while us noobs watch.

We should add what we'll probably need in the OP as far as consoles, controllers, D&D supplies, and Magic cards, and who is bringing what.

Taranis on
    EH28YFo.jpg
  • Options
    Casual EddyCasual Eddy The Astral PlaneRegistered User regular
    edited December 2009

she had the rudest tits

Casual Eddy on
  • Options
    Casual EddyCasual Eddy The Astral PlaneRegistered User regular
    edited December 2009
    here are some more relevant photographs
    DSCF1013-1.jpg We went to hooters

DSCF1026.jpg drank a ton

DSCF1039.jpg I got pretty giggly

DSCF1046.jpg Tarranon did a quiz but I was too altered to do most of the questions. I still ended up winning!

Casual Eddy on
  • Options
    JamesKeenanJamesKeenan Registered User regular
    edited December 2009
    Wasn't it Elki who drew the ship on fire in a sea of cocks?

Wait, no.

Elki drew the perfect Penis Ruler. A giant, straight-edged penis with inch markers.

I think I still have the submissions. I will try to find them.

JamesKeenan on
  • Options
    edited December 2009
    I don't want to be that guy, but I won't play D&D. Everyman has his limit, and that is mine. Besides, I have given my wife sooo much grief for her teenage days of Vampire and Larp that doing so would open a pandora's box of jokes and suffering.

I am however down for the pokemons.

Capt Howdy on